Friday NBA Half Thread

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
No full game plays tonight, unless I play the late ESPN game (Over). I'll be adding 2H plays to this thread. Last Friday was a decent night with a full card, and we had a bit of fun in the thread (Captain Morgan tonight).

Detroit Pistons 1H -6 (2 Units)

Nothing fancy with this play. This is just a simple business-like play. The young Blazers take their 8-14 road record out to Detroit tonight to begin a very tough middle America road trip before the break. They are allowing right around 100 PPG on the road. On top of that, their best player, Brandon Roy, is OUT for tonight's game.

Detroit is coming off a lackluster performance against the struggling Heat. They allowed 50% FG and only turned Miami over 10 times. They won by 5, but trailed at times in the game. Tonight is the start of a VERY easy 4 game stretch before the all-star break. They have won 6 straight and would love to extend that streak to 10 before the break.

We should see the standard defensive-minded Pistons tonight against a Blazers team without their best player. I expect the Pistons to come out strong considering their performance against Miami, and the fact that Portland beat this team earlier in the year in Portland. I'm taking the 1H because Portland is the kind of scrappy bunch that could lead this team to another 'infamous' back-door cover allowed by Detroit on a DD spread.

GL :cheers:

No love for the Knicks?

To be honest, the card was just too large tonight to look over game-by-game. On large cards like tonight's, we always see a mix of covers. Meaning 1 or 2 home dogs and 1 or 2 large road underdogs are bound to win.

As for the home dog, I like the Kings.

For an upset road dog, I like the Nets SU. And I think the Sonics have a shot.

I'll be back tonight.:cheers:

i really really like that play, but i am trying to limit myself to 1 play a day as i lost two days in a row a week or so back. GL with your play tonight.

NBA Friday In-Game

ridiculous offense in orlando. i guess kobe's finger is fine. 37-29 with 1:37 remaining. there goes my under 212.

holy shit, that LAL first quarter is unbelievable. I thougth my box score was messed up again b/c yesterday it read philly/miami end of 1st half 24 to 30.

3 fouls on turkoglu and dwight already. lakers will make their push and lead at half.

Really love Toronto here. LAC 6-10 from 3, and they are not a 3pt shooting team. Also 8 turnovers for them. No Cassell is hurting them.

i just took under 102 for nets/bobcats game. seems awfully high. am i missing something?

knicks for the 1st half was the bet. where are the hawks tonight? or where was the cavs last night?

i tailed gotti and farm (as usual) and played big on CAVS +4 and the ^187. Looking good going into the half

gotti and farm took cavs and over 187? i don't see that in their posts. correct me if i am wrong.

Yea my book opened it at 8, actually.

Nothing promising here. I'm gonna step out. 2 more 2h's coming up in about 15mins.

Go Raptors!

oops... tailed broadwayjoe on that. looked good to me
and i did tail farm/gotti on their plays as well. just not as big as bwj's

2nd small plays for me
atl -4.5
san -8.5

Clippers 17 turnovers, but an unrealistic 10-14 from 3pt. Thats 71%. And a game like this really frustrates me when betting NBA.

Back