Friday MLB Discussion

Not bad at all, just light rain but the sky is starting to clear up. game should be underway soon enough and might even turn into a sunny day for baseball

Nats vs RHSP away since Break -

3-9 W/L and 8-4 Under (8-2 L10)

Previous to that since last win @ Owings

0-11 W/L and 8-3 Under

So 3-20 L23 away vs RHSP(doesnt include Dickey and his knuckler) and 16-7 UNDER ...

Had to be windy today and fuck up my under play....

Previous they were 8-11 vs RHSP away (10-9 over)....won there opener lost 8 straight then won 7 of 10 ......

Also Nats 2-14 vs winning teams 2nd H (from game 82 on not AS break))and 18-40 all season

Cubs Home vs LHSP -
12-2 both losses by 1 run and 1 was blown by the pen but justTHREE 1 run wins (one in IL)

Nats took 2 of 3 @ Wash earlier as well which Lannan outdueled Lilly 2-0....:cheers:

<LI class=more>Nationals are 7-21 in Lannans last 28 starts. <LI class=morecool>Nationals are 1-7 in Lannans last 8 road starts. <LI class=morecool>Nationals are 1-7 in Lannans last 8 starts with 5 days of rest.<LI class=more>Cubs are 39-12 in their last 51 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400. <LI class=more>Cubs are 46-15 in their last 61 home games. <LI class=more>Cubs are 20-7 in their last 27 games vs. a starter with a WHIP greater than 1.30. <LI class=more>Cubs are 20-7 in their last 27 games on grass. <LI class=more>Cubs are 20-7 in their last 27 overall. <LI class=more>Cubs are 21-8 in their last 29 during game 1 of a series. <LI class=more>Cubs are 5-2 in their last 7 games following a win. <LI class=more>Cubs are 35-16 in their last 51 home games vs. a left-handed starter. <LI class=morehot>Cubs are 10-2 in Marquis' last 12 home starts vs. a team with a losing record. <LI class=morehot>Cubs are 4-1 in Marquis' last 5 Friday starts. <LI class=more>Cubs are 21-7 in Marquis' last 28 home starts.

<LI class=more>Under is 20-6-2 in Cubs last 28 Friday games. <LI class=more>Over is 20-8 in Cubs last 28 after allowing 2 runs or less in their previous game. <LI class=morehot>Over is 8-0-1 in Marquis' last 9 starts vs. National League East. <LI class=morehot>Over is 6-1 in Marquis' last 7 starts after allowing 2 runs or less in their previous game

Nats vs RHSP away since Break -

3-9 W/L and 8-4 Under (8-2 L10)

Previous to that since last win @ Owings

0-11 W/L and 8-3 Under

So 3-20 L23 away vs RHSP(doesnt include Dickey and his knuckler) and 16-7 UNDER ...

Had to be windy today and fuck up my under play....

Previous they were 8-11 vs RHSP away (10-9 over)....won there opener lost 8 straight then won 7 of 10 ......

Also Nats 2-14 vs winning teams 2nd H (from game 82 on not AS break))and 18-40 all season

Cubs Home vs LHSP -
12-2 both losses by 1 run and 1 was blown by the pen but justTHREE 1 run wins (one in IL)

Nats took 2 of 3 @ Wash earlier as well which Lannan outdueled Lilly 2-0....:cheers:

Well I played the under in the 1st 5 and game. I looked at some of the same stats and trends you posted and just played it. If there is a lot of ground balls in the game then the wind doesn't matter. GL and we shall see.

Lots of nice stats and trends there nut. Still don't know what to do. Might just :drinking: and watch the game. Don't know what they are waiting for to get it started at this point.

Lots of nice stats and trends there nut. Still don't know what to do. Might just :drinking: and watch the game. Don't know what they are waiting for to get it started at this point.
Is weather still bad or what

Just give me Nats 1st score in the top 1st and I will a happy camper as the over will be a freeroll and still plus 1/2 unit....

The Wrigley Wind is just such a fuck job ! To be honest if it wasnt the Nats I might pass on the Over but since the nats have the perception of weak offense and light hitting slipped into contrarian mode ....they are just so due (cough ,cough) for some sort of offensive outburst in a game and what better conditions then Wrigley Wind sure killed Zambrano the last time it was hollowing .....

I also think Pinnacle can be very reflective of what side is getting played the strongest and seeing Cubs down to -250 there makes me think alot of Nat's flow coming in ......and dont mean so called sharp $$ or pro $$$...that doesnt concern me...

still another 20 mins till first pitch. i am completely baffled because the weather is not bad at all. makes no sense to me

I took under both half and game...... 1h under 6.5 i had to bite. Hope it doesnt bite me.

i love it when cedeno is in the lineup, he normally doesn't fair to well.

GL guys ...

I just mixed some CUBS ML parlay togethers thinking Nats took yesterdays win to serious and had to be up and play this one for 2 PM and now sitting around waiting......

Cubs ML, White Sox ML , Over 8.5 LAA and Falcons -3 @ 7 to 1 (basically win 5units)
Cubs , Falcons , Phillies , WSox @ 7 to 1(basically win 2.5 units)
Cubs , Phillies , LAA , Braves +1.5 @ 6 to 1 (basically win 2.25 units)
Cubs , Phillies , LAA , ATL ML @ 10 to 1 ....(win about 2.5 units)

all small 1st is the biggest risking .75 units the rest basically split .75 unit bewteen the 2nd and 3rd , while just a 1/4 unit on the last.....

Hit one of the 4 I am up slightily and up 12 units if all 4 hit worst case lose 1.75 units
I go in stretches when it comes to parlays .....I am either locked IN making greating choices hitting 8-10-12 in arow or the exact opposite ..no inbewteens usually....

Probably should have just done a round robin but those big chalks destroy the value when cut to 3 team parlays...

Even odder is it will be the 3rd straight time Byrd faced Toronto. As in his last 3 starts read @ Tor , Vs Tor , @ Tor not beyond seeing him three times....

Think I may have to take Boston they didnt exactly figure Byrd out the 2nd time .....

Marcum has done well against the sox in the past and has nice numbers against boston's big bats.

With this being the 3rd time in 2 weeks seeing Byrd, the jays should put up some runs tonite.

There's a good feeling in the Jays dugout rite now. Teams playing solid ball and completely embarassed the stankees last nite.

Long relief coming and no playoff roster

That wasnt Marquis fault though . Lou waited to long to pull him and then Cotts allows a GS . Nats did zip for 5 innings and Marquis had NOT pitched in awhile . Lou should have been aware he was losing it much quicker but it did happen out of nowhere. I knew my over was gonna hit that inning but to bad it cost me my parlays eventually (which I couldnt really parlay the dog if I wanted because my shit book maxs out the odds so I basically an forced to play the high chalk favs instead .)

Trust me seeing him in long relief wont bother me none. I was overshadowed by his development in high school as I was a bit older . By the looks of it they could use him in long relief ....

Cubs handed this one to Wash ...

I fucked this one up ...was leaning 1st 5 inn Cubs but couldnt use that in a parlay again silly book and misread the movement .....:36_11_6:

fading your Cards today with Wainright off the DL and a 2 to1 price ....Braves dont win here Lohse and Looper wont be any easier ....

GL Tee...

Marquis retired the 1st 11 batters he faced before surrending consecutive 2 out hits in the 4th and then a 1-2-3 5th.

Sad way to blow game when I look at now...

Top 6th: Washington <TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yspscores>- E. Bonifacio singled to shortstop </TD></TR><TR><TD class=yspscores>- C. Guzman walked, E. Bonifacio to second </TD></TR><TR><TD class=yspscores>- R. Zimmerman walked, E. Bonifacio to third, C. Guzman to second </TD></TR><TR><TD class="yspdetailttl yspscored">- L. Milledge hit sacrifice fly to left, E. Bonifacio scored </TD></TR><TR><TD class="yspdetailttl yspscored">- R. Belliard doubled to deep right, C. Guzman scored, R. Zimmerman to third </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lousy IF hit , 2 walks , sac fly and the only XBH hit allowed a Belliard double....

I actually hate this card ! ...

So far I just have fucked around with ATL ...

Like the Braves 1st score prop and 1st inn YES prop in that game . Wainright off the DL and Braves off a sweep ....

I actually hate this card ! ...

So far I just have fucked around with ATL ...

Like the Braves 1st score prop and 1st inn YES prop in that game . Wainright off the DL and Braves off a sweep ....

Here ya but Braves lineup has problems bro.. People are just pitching around Chipper and his numbers have dropped dramatically. Not sure how you can back a team in a bad situation, losers of past 10 of 11, not scoring (33 runs last 11 games) against a team that is pressing hard for playoffs and bitch slapped Morton last time out .. Its baseball, anything can happen just not sure "Wainwright off the DL" is enough to back the Braves" even at this price... Just playing devils advocate with ya:shake::cheers:

Trust me seeing him in long relief wont bother me none. I was overshadowed by his development in high school as I was a bit older . .

I am not a big Marquis fan.. Everywhere he has been he has had trouble with authority figures. Atlanta with Mazzone, Stl with Dave Duncan and he has already started to wear out Pinella..I'm guessing he had the same problem in high school--am I right?

I am not a big Marquis fan.. Everywhere he has been he has had trouble with authority figures. Atlanta with Mazzone, Stl with Dave Duncan and he has already started to wear out Pinella..I'm guessing he had the same problem in high school--am I right?

I am 3 years older , 4 grades higher (went to different HS was a college senior when he was HS senior.. he was good in HS but you could tell even though he wasnt tall he was one of those kids who just peaked before everyone else did ..he played in the LL World Series ) Lets just say he representative of the avg peson who comes from here . The I am better then THOU attitude because I was born in NYC. Unfortunately its gets passed around and eventually I learned to shed to it but its sad that is instilled in us generation after generation...:shake: Just remember people who faced him at pro workouts or whatever type things who played on teams with me saying the samething he probably throws as hard as you but he is in HSsenior and your a college senior. Difference was I never had that huge jump where I just gradually improved year after year ...my 1st college start in Fla our ST I threw 87 consistently on the scouts guns by by senior year it was 92-93 down there on there guns. I went to a small D1 college no real facilities m no program to help me get stronger physically and he went to the one of the top HS in the city for baseball...he deserves his success he earned it just hard to swallow that I never got the chance because I wasnt in the right place at the right time. I only faced his HS once I think and no hit for 4.2 inn but had a blister on my finger and came out of the game with the no-no intact. No one ever beat this team they were like 33-1 every year playing for the City CHampionships ...let alone no hit them on there field ...etc.etc...and the local newspaper printed about 2 lines like it was no big deal and brushd it under the rug because we lost 2-0 or 2-1...typical BS poltics...cause there were everything and I was an outsider not born or raised here.....:shake:

Here ya but Braves lineup has problems bro.. People are just pitching around Chipper and his numbers have dropped dramatically. Not sure how you can back a team in a bad situation, losers of past 10 of 11, not scoring (33 runs last 11 games) against a team that is pressing hard for playoffs and bitch slapped Morton last time out .. Its baseball, anything can happen just not sure "Wainwright off the DL" is enough to back the Braves" even at this price... Just playing devils advocate with ya:shake::cheers:

You have me scared ....

ATL could have won 2 of 3 @ Shea ...

Dont see Wainright being around long maybe give 5 innings probably 4 . Would like him to just spot a 2-0 or 3-0 lead for the 1st 5 inn play....

Basically its there only chance for a win IMO if you look at the next 2 games. Campillo is struggling facing Lohse and Reyes goes vs Looper...

If I were STL I would have let Piniero start and give Wainright the last 4 inn or 3 worst case and build him . Seems like they are willing to piss a game away to see where Wainwright is at....

I dont know what to do now.....:36_11_6:

Marcum has done well against the sox in the past and has nice numbers against boston's big bats.

With this being the 3rd time in 2 weeks seeing Byrd, the jays should put up some runs tonite.

There's a good feeling in the Jays dugout rite now. Teams playing solid ball and completely embarassed the stankees last nite.

Really they should have hit him last week and he did okay 4 runs in 7.1 and he no chance to beat Halladay twice in a week IMO . Marcum did nothing last time out as Jays bombed Beckett from the 1st pitch .

Not gonna get excited over Tor beating up Ponson or allow it terase 2 or 3 weeks of struggles......

Its a coin flip gonna roll with Boston looking for some payback after last weeks embarrasment....(played over as well):shake:

Johan's revenge both ML and RL . Same deal as yesterday with Hous struggling to produce runs against LHSP since the break. Johan outdueled Oswalt @ Houston but lost thanks to the pen and was very good. Think he was -140 @ Hou so -200 looks correct IMO..

any thoughts on the reds game?

Not really from me . Dont know Harangs deal and Livan is either BP or frustrating the hell out of a lineup. Reds arent hitting and rocks not much better lately . Cant take an over 11.5 even with these 2 potentials pitching machhines.. Have to admit would love to take the under ...damn contrarian but cant make a case for it really ....would take Cincy before COL ....even though COL played well @ LAD not sure it was them looking good or LAD being so bad it made them look good.....

Probably passing might play Reds 1st Score .....:cheers:

Check that no way in HELL do I take an UNDER ......forget Livan sucked @ Wash too

Played reds 1st score of game prop small

An assist from teedub helped me rethink my ATL plays . Still got kicked in the balls on the 1st inn score props but just smallaer plays on the Over and ATL +1.5 rather then hit teh 1st 5 inn ML...

Leans by ump and then thoughts...

LAA- Over - Never had a ton of confidence in Saunders as his strike out rate is absurdly low along with a high BAA. LA built well to hit the LHP. I likes.

Seattle - Gio on the rebound, but seattle hits LHP fairly decent. both teams coming off of a vomiting performance from last night with offense. They could both be in a funk, but Feirabend is just sitting waiting to be crushed like a teeball, even against a weak offense like the A's. could well be a low scoring game but things dont line up right.

SF - Linci on the hill, which automatically makes the under lose some value. Baek had a nice Sunday night performance but lets not pretend that he is a good pitcher. A juice U7 total is a lot to ask for, especially with my boy hanley back in the lineup. Pass.

<LI class=morehot>Angels are 7-1 in Saunders' last 8 home starts vs. a team with a winning record. <LI class=morehot>Angels are 7-1 in Saunders' last 8 starts with 4 days of rest. <LI class=morehot>Angels are 9-2 in Saunders' last 11 Friday starts. <LI class=morehot>Angels are 17-4 in Saunders' last 21 starts following a team loss in their previous game. <LI class=morehot>Angels are 4-1 in Saunders' last 5 starts when their opponent scores 2 runs or less in their previous game. <LI class=more>Angels are 23-8 in Saunders' last 31 starts vs. a team with a winning record. <LI class=more>Angels are 23-8 in Saunders' last 31 home starts. <LI class=more>Angels are 8-3 in Saunders' last 11 starts during game 2 of a series. <LI class=more>Angels are 8-3 in Saunders' last 11 starts after scoring 2 runs or less in their previous game. <LI class=more>Angels are 37-14 in Saunders' last 51 starts on grass.
Playing LAA here . There has been a couple starts namely SEA twice where Perkins looked good for 5 innings and started unraveling ib the 6th also happened @ Yankee Stadium but wasnt really his doing . With the extra inning game yesterday Twins could be more impacted here...

Twins were in a great spot yesterday and pissed away so many chances to score . Now the edge goes to LAA situational and have to think they find a way to win it here.....

also playing over ...hoping for 5-4 worst case not excited about laying -1.5 here because most LAA wins lately have been by 1 run and there pen is a bit taxed......

I hate the West and WSox and the Cowboys and every other team who blew a lead and had numerous chances to blow its opponent out......

Feel another great start going down the tubes .......

I almost flipped when I saw this but MLB.com made a mistake of course

Look at his career BAA :D

I almost flipped when I saw this but MLB.com made a mistake of course

Look at his career BAA :D

Satyr,

Good find and nice to know! :36_11_6:

"Statistics are like a loose woman, you can do anything you want with them"! (Quote by the late Mort Olshan, of The Gold Sheet)

Back