Friday MLB Discussion

took PITT ML and UNDER for 1/2 unit each.. havin fun at work..

will be hittin Yanks TT OVER 4.5
MILK ML
MINNY ML as well

:tiphat:Nice start to the day for me up 1.5 units..

tend to like the UNDER in the Balti game.. they facing a lefty they need a day to get settled in Seattle. Olson had a good outing in Balti facing the angels washburn off a good outing as well

I won't fight you on too many things Nut, but the O's pen isn't good. Despite being in the all star game, Sherrill isn't a good closer. Don't think Baltimore wasn't trying to shop him. Teams in the AL are already aware of his control struggles. Jim Johnson is the best pitcher and honestly the only one that I don't cringe at every time he enters a game.

I guess what this comes down to is how long we see Olsen going. If past history is any indicator, I don't see him getting past the sixth (more likely even less) and that means 3-4 innings of the pen.

Guthrie is a very good pitcher. As many quality starts as the best pitchers in the league. Forget Daniel Cabrera, he's their ace.

Also, Baltimore's last five outing vs. LHP

Saunders 4 runs in 6.2 innings
Robertson 7 runs in 2.1 innings
Rogers 4 runs in 6 innings
Parrish 3 r in 7 innings
Lannan - 7 runs in 5 innings.

So 25 runs in last 27 innings off lefties.

I can't take an under here bro. Still leaning Balt and OVER.....

I hear ya SC. Everyone has different views. I just think the guys in the Balt pen are capable. Not saying Sherrill is great but he is better then most . People said the Yankees pen was terrible and its actually one of the best . If you dont put your players in position to succeed they will fail and thats Balt biggest issue. SP stunk it up and they pen had to be called on day after day while it lost arms . The decline can be traced to needing Albers to start then his injury was a double KO. O's pen has there ups and downs but there numbers are solid. Seattle isnt the Yankees. Sherrill has allowed 10 runs to NY and Tor which is half of his season total and the other 10 came in 38.1 innings. Already vs Seattle 5 for 5 in saves . Think 4.2 inn 2 hits 0 runs. Think .214 career BAA @ Safeco.

I would be fine with 5 quality innings from Olson and 6 would be gravy . I'll take Bradford or Castillo or Cabrera , Johnson , Sherrill to finish everyday of the week. Big difference bewteen Balt at home vs LHP and away. 4-10 on the road and 6-7 at home. On the road they are 255 and at home they are about .285 vs LHs. As I said L5 or 6 road games vs LHP they have scored some but not much..

4 in 7 vs Lilly
3 in 7 vs Parrish
3in 5 vs Parra
0 in 4 vs Perez
4 earned in 5 vs Lannan and Wash is terrible as is Lannan at home
4 in 4.2 vs marshall and dint hit him till 2nd time through the order

Washburn 2 runs in 5 innings early on when he wasnt pitching good.

Under for me ......BOL:cheers:

Thanks SprotsNut. A Yanks fan that likes the Murray/Ripken high five? Come on. :cheers:

BC - We're some stubborn mofo's on that Oak/Bos game. Good luck tonight:shake:

Back