Friday Discussion Thread

Don't know. My tendency is to take fliers on pitchers with low numbers like 3 or 4, with a hope that they'll get enough innings to cash. If I see 7 or higher, I usually pass.

Once managers crossed the line of pulling a guy throwing a no hitter, that's just mindblowing to me. Yet somehow, we still can't get an accurate strike zone even though everyone can see it at home.

I’m usually on their side pulling a guy w a no no. I’m in minority but when it happened to Kershaw at beginning the year I thought it was right move. It all situational to me, I think there more important things but at same time I never agreed with these arbitrary pitch numbers they act like guys arm will fall off if he goes over it! Imo that just silly.

Don't know. My tendency is to take fliers on pitchers with low numbers like 3 or 4, with a hope that they'll get enough innings to cash. If I see 7 or higher, I usually pass.

Lineups are incredibly important to me, like laa with the bottom 5 fanning 30% the time is nice! Fish vs lefties, etc etc. pitchers swinging strike rate incredibly important to me. I make my own number/prices and just play where I feel there value. No number off limits to me but it rare I play anything higher than 6.5, obviously if I could get degrom vs a high k lineup I would play over 7.5 but they not lining him there!! It was so sweet the 1st 2-3 months when they were hanging all those generic 5.5’s on guys that now are often 6.5 w juice. There were so many 5.5’s that I had lined 6 flat in the -160 range! Those days long gone now. Lately the ones I do play are often guys with higher era’s and lessor known with 3.5 number, there still plenty of pitchers who have better stuff than their surface stats would lead ya to believe. The well known guys not getting many soft lines anymore. Steele getting plus money on 6.5 today lost cause he got Fuckinh hurt but there was a ton of value in that number! He fans 7+ against milw at least 60% the time imo! He probably isn’t a household name, just feels like it to me cause I really like his stuff!!!

Whar a shocker im gonna regret passing cle Ff. I’ve passed on a ton more winners than losers lately, that always annoying. Lol

2 games out of a wild card spot going into tonight. They've got a lotta heart and a lotta jam...I'd be scared to face them in a 3-game wildcard series.

If any the other WC teams are in position to set up their rotation im afraid it be tough for them. I’ll def be rooting for them but their starting pitching is suspect as hell!! That said I’m with ya, these kids got hella heart, that why I like them! They basically the opposite of the chisox!

I guess a 3 games series They do have a few kids who could potentially keep them in games, I been a big supporter of Bradish despite his god awful era, his stuff is way better than his surface stats would lead anyone to believe! He even surprised me tonight, I bet them and didn’t expect that performance! Think he just proved he can win a playoff game going 8 innings of 2 hit no run ball against the Stros!! Kremer capable of keeping them in a game, prob not winning them a game but that ok, after those 2 it gets shakier! I dunno how Voth manages to get anyone out? He like a poor man’s Stripling (who knew that was a thing? I thought stripling was a poor man’s somebody! Lol), lyles is what he is, not very good. But again if they only need to win 2 games who knows? I’m pretty sure they have only lost 2 series since the ASB!!

I remember early in the season everyone was knocking bradish around then he comes here to stl and punches out 11 while holding cards to 2 runs over 7 innings! I watched that game thinking “why does this kid have such bad numbers”???? He proceeded to get blasted for another 5-6-7 starts until they finally got him out the rotation! Since he came back end of July he been much better, not great but serviceable and with lot of good signs. He was unhittable in the 6 starts he made in minors during that time out the bigs. He was fanning more than 10 per 9 and walking less than 2. It was obvious he had no business pitching in minors. So he struggled his 1st time in bigs, it has happened to many a great pitcher! He little older than ya want for your rookie pitcher but some guys bloom late! I feel like scherzer toiled around in Detroit for several years before becoming the bad mofo we all know him as! Not saying he scherzer, just saying he has potential to be a really good pitcher!!

Good point. Irrelevant to my play tonight but def something to think about if betting a side or total for both teams. Before knowing he was out my problem (why I just played cards tt) was j couldn’t come up with a stat line on Quintana I felt confident in. Believe he gonna be out this entire series so that hurts cards.

Forget wacha, he never reached his potential either, teams still treat him w kid gloves and rarely let him face a order 3rd time around, he can be really good still but he never been all that consistent. Who we shoulda held on to was Alcantera and Gallen! We traded those 2 for that waste of space Ozuna coming back to town tonight!! I’d like to go throw something at him! He set us back, we still havnt found replacement pitchers w those guys stuff and Ozuna was never that dude he was the year before we traded for him! Well he did tear it up during the covid season, just enough to sucker Braves into a contract! Dude a clown!
As a Braves fan I'll join you in throwing things at Ozuna.

As a Braves fan I'll join you in throwing things at Ozuna.

I have no doubt! He pulled one over on ya’ll also! At least we got out from under paying him after 2 years. The sting of watching Alcantera turn into one the best pitchers in the NL isn’t going away anytime soon tho!

lol. Cards backup catcher came into game and pitched a better inning than Cabrera did!! I dunno why they put Cabrera in a 5-1 game anyways? Don’t Braves smash lhp? Maybe don’t bring in a lefty reliever who has control issues!

Back