Friday Discussion Thread

Of course the guy I liked most and ignored cause the awesome weather app that showed the 50% storms throughout the game in NY isn’t having any problems getting played. I can’t wait till summer officially here and we can stop worrying bout this fucking rain since the weather men are obviously retarded!!

I can’t believe cards have pujols hitting cleanup vs a rhp! Stop sucking him off and bury him at bottom the lineup if you insist on playing him, he really should be on the bench against above average righties, against all eighties really, then you can use him as a pitch hitter if they bring a lefty in! Seems simple.

I can’t believe cards have pujols hitting cleanup vs a rhp! Stop sucking him off and bury him at bottom the lineup if you insist on playing him, he really should be on the bench against above average righties, against all eighties really, then you can use him as a pitch hitter if they bring a lefty in! Seems simple.
Amazing what Goldy has been doing with zero protection behind him

One of THOSE days

Saw Brew bases loaded 1 out in the top of the 3rd

Next look StL are up 2-0 in the bottom

Amazing what Goldy has been doing with zero protection behind him

That not really accurate, he been hitting second w arenado behind him most the year., arenado carried the offense the 1st month while goldy wasn’t hitting much. He has slid little lately but I’m sure nobody thinking they can pitch around goldy to get to arenado.

Reactions: KJ
That not really accurate, he been hitting second w arenado behind him most the year., arenado carried the offense the 1st month while goldy wasn’t hitting much. He has slid little lately but I’m sure nobody thinking they can pitch around goldy to get to arenado.
Funny I didn't realize he was hitting 2nd

Remember when the 2-hole hitter was the guy you knew could move a guy over if needed? Of course you do, it was less than a decade ago. 2 hole has become the new 4 hole and it makes sense. Put your best RBI guy in the 2 hole so he can drive in the leadoff instead of 3 and 4 hole hitters requiring two things positive ahead of them which is pretty rare.

Baseball strategy has been passed over by every other sport including eSports lol...sucks. And putting the DH in the NL only worsened it. But I like your best hitter at 2 and I also don't mind the weakest hitter batting 8th as opposed to 9th.

cards yank Hudson with bases juiced in 5th and brewers strand sone more stinking runners. How they have failed to score with 5 hits and 4 walks while forcing Hudson to throw 97 pitches thru 4.2 innings is beyond me? In no world does that equate to 0 runs thru 5, lol, Fuck.

Funny I didn't realize he was hitting 2nd

Remember when the 2-hole hitter was the guy you knew could move a guy over if needed? Of course you do, it was less than a decade ago. 2 hole has become the new 4 hole and it makes sense. Put your best RBI guy in the 2 hole so he can drive in the leadoff instead of 3 and 4 hole hitters requiring two things positive ahead of them which is pretty rare.

Baseball strategy has been passed over by every other sport including eSports lol...sucks. And putting the DH in the NL only worsened it. But I like your best hitter at 2 and I also don't mind the weakest hitter batting 8th as opposed to 9th.

Yea, there not much about baseball that has trended in a positive direction far as being enjoyable to watch. Putting DH in the NL didht even change all that much, teams can’t find 8 guys who can hit so what it matter if pitcher hits? At least made for some strategy in a time they seem to be trying to get rid of that!

Im good with best hitter in 2 hole, i wouldn’t mind seeing teams start putting a contact hitter in the 4. Stands to reason you expect your 1-2-3 to get on base so why put a masher with a sub .200 avg and strikes out 35% the time in that spot? Put a guy in cleanup hole who can at least move runners! Don’t have to have a power guy there, I rather have a guy who hits for average and doesn’t strike out, I’d bury those guys further down the order.

Reactions: KJ
Manoah fanning everyone! No surprise the 3 hits he given up all vs lefty’s (or switch hitters hitting left). This guy will be a cy young winner soon as he figures out a better way to get lefty’s out!!

Yea, there not much about baseball that has trended in a positive direction far as being enjoyable to watch. Putting DH in the NL didht even change all that much, teams can’t find 8 guys who can hit so what it matter if pitcher hits? At least made for some strategy in a time they seem to be trying to get rid of that!

Im good with best hitter in 2 hole, i wouldn’t mind seeing teams start putting a contact hitter in the 4. Stands to reason you expect your 1-2-3 to get on base so why put a masher with a sub .200 avg and strikes out 35% the time in that spot? Put a guy in cleanup hole who can at least move runners! Don’t have to have a power guy there, I rather have a guy who hits for average and doesn’t strike out, I’d bury those guys further down the order.
Looking back if we had stat classes and computers at our disposal like we do now...putting your best hitter at cleanup would be one of the most idiotic things you could do. If team went 3 up/3 down in the 1st, you could almost peg in a K to start the 2nd.

Back