Friday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Red hot Tigers!
lol.. outside my guy Skubal they been pretty disappointing, be interesting to see what they do against Biebs after getting dominated by him last week, they did still get the W despite him going 7 innings allowing 2 earned runs (3 overall) and striking out 10.. that was easily Bieber's best start this year and his velo is still way down so maybe they can get to him getting another look so quickly? He mowed them down several times last year as well but he hasnt looked closed to the same guy this season, his velo wasnt any better in that start so i think they have a better chance than i woulda gave against him in the past. Is +140 enough? Faedo having to face Cle for 2nd straight outing as well, i havnt seen him pitch as of yet, he had pretty good punch out numbers in minors but that hasnt carried over to bigs. Kinda leaning to ove despite being all bout the under last series they played, seems like a pretty decent chance at least one these lineups has success and we got a ace matchup type total.

i think it would be a ff over 4 in Detroit opposed to full game, both pens been really good. we got a really good ump for the over as well.

is it worth looking at these east coast games? looks like the same system with hit and miss type rain that been over midwest last few days in now there. Weather app calling for the same 40-50% type rain chances every hour in NY during game time but that shit been so wrong who knows? looking at Carrasco now but dont want to waste my time if game gonna have rain.

Rodgers gets another crack at atl after being smacked around for 4 innings last time out, he gave up 3 bombs in that start, he wasnt walking guys till the end that start but instead was missing right down heart of the plate! unlike Bieber there isnt a lot to point at to explain his drop in k's and swinging strikes, the slider has slightly less spin but his change still looks nasty to me and the velo on his heater right where it been. As always with braves it about the pitcher being good enough to last cause there all kinds of swing and miss in that lineup if you able to stay in game and go thru lineup a couple times! Getting +120 on over 5.5 k's on Rodgers i think is worth a play cause i believe his k rate is gonna bounce back. He still managed 5 k's in that awful start last time out, i usually expect opposite results when a good pitcher facing a team b2b starts and got blown up that 1st meeting. Really just comes down to how much you believe in this kid and i cant ignore how good his stuff is, mids 90's heat with a elite breaking ball from the left side usually equates to a front end starter. it be nice to know who the ump gonna be for this game cause my concern would be he tries to nibble more after all the dingers he gave up in the last start, be nice if he got a ump with a generous k zone but prob wont know in time and that +120 screaming at me!

is it worth looking at these east coast games? looks like the same system with hit and miss type rain that been over midwest last few days in now there. Weather app calling for the same 40-50% type rain chances every hour in NY during game time but that shit been so wrong who knows? looking at Carrasco now but dont want to waste my time if game gonna have rain.
The rain in that system hasn't been the kind to delay games though, I wouldn't just overlook those games

The rain in that system hasn't been the kind to delay games though, I wouldn't just overlook those games

think it forced a delay in cincy yesterday which my biggest concern when looking at pitcher props, starters hardly ever come back if the game starts then we get a delay in middle.

think it forced a delay in cincy yesterday which my biggest concern when looking at pitcher props, starters hardly ever come back if the game starts then we get a delay in middle.
They never stopped that I saw unless it was later in the game

at the moment there looks like a line of storms that would def force a delay in NY but i dunno how long till it gets there, how long it would stick around, or if it even holds together? lol

pretty sure there was a delay in the 5th but i could be wrong. i wasnt following that closely.
I watched until Greene got yanked, so til the start of the 6th and no stoppage unless it happened after the pitching change.

I watched until Greene got yanked, so til the start of the 6th and no stoppage unless it happened after the pitching change.

i think it was right around then i saw delay on phone but not for sure.. i didnt bet him and knew he wasnt coming back out after 5th anyways and that all i was really following just curious with him.

im just gonna do the other games 1st and if i dont come up with enough plays ill come back to the east coast, lol.

rodgers isnt a whole lot better this year but he isnt that wild, lol. he did serve up BP to atl last week tho,, i was worried bout him walking guys but instead he was missing in heart of plate.

damn, i was hoping to get fish ff total runs at 1.5 but is 2.5 +135 to over.. i was thinking id prefer total runs instead of fish ff since rodgers a mystery, i think fish will give him some run support tho.

need to see Halo's lineup to decide on Manoah k prop and some other things in that game. he has not punched out lefties at a very high clip which i think a huge contributing factor to his punch outs being way down despite basically the same swinging and called strike percentage.. He has went from fanning over 33% the lefties he faced last year to a crazy low 16% this season. He sporting a insane 14.5-1 k to walk vs right handed hitters this year and punching them out at a slightly higher clip than last season so it all comes down to how many left handed hitters can halo's throw at him and/or whether this continues? lefties ops hasnt risen a great deal but they have a batting avg 50 points higher.. is it just a small sample? he almost half way to the amount of them he faced last season. righties cant touch this guy but he needs to learn to attack lefties better.

I usually prefer Gomber at coors for some strange reason, not only he pitches decent there but obviously get way more favorable numbers, I think last time I played his outs vs nats at coors it was only 1 out lower tho (maybe had little better odds too). I like him over 16.5 outs tho. Nats struggle vs lefties and He has mostly been really good after the 1st 2-3 starts this year, since then he has went 6+ In 5 of his last 6, only going 5 at San Fran. I don’t see any reason he doesn’t go 6+ innings in this one, only need 5.2 to cash, I like it!

it pains me to say it but i cant believe milw ff team total is only 1.5 again. just like with waino yesterday i think milw lineup is good enough to plate some runs off Hudson who really hasnt been nearly as good as his 3.60 era indicates. This mfer is walking damn near as many as he striking out, his ground ball rate is still excellent so he mask some the walks with double play balls but the hard hit rate is much higher along with the amount of line drives being hit. Hitters are not swinging at his offerings outside the zone and they swinging at and hitting everything in the strike zone! None of this adds up to sustainable success. I think a case could def be made that Woodruff is too cheap here but he hasnt been nearly as good this year either. im not gonna dive that far into him trying to figure out what i think cards offense can do cause i love the milw FF team total ov 1.5 even with the -145 juice attached which i dont think is close to accurately representing brewers chances of scoring 2+ runs thru 5 innings!!!

So odd seeing teams without a Friday game, no Cubs or CWS today so they can play a 2-day weekend series? Seems like terrible business to not have a Friday nighter

So odd seeing teams without a Friday game, no Cubs or CWS today so they can play a 2-day weekend series? Seems like terrible business to not have a Friday nighter

I know I thought I was losing my mind, I’m always looking for scrubbers to play opposing pitchers k prop! Then I figured they had to be doing like one them stupid corn field games 2marro or something but didn’t look like it, weird.

Reactions: KJ
Freaking gray moved on me when I clicked him from 15.5 to 16.5., Gomber totals disappeared after I bet his out total straight: wanted to put him in RR but I waited 15 min or so and never came back up. Shit annoying.

I didn’t really have time to wait to see Halo’s lineup, I ended up using manoah ov 5.5 k’s as part a RR cause it was pretty juicy, then I did his out prop over 17.5. Not worried about him getting run early, it just his lack of strikeouts vs lefties that worries me, it not like they clobber him, I guess they do compared to the microscopic ops right handed hitters have vs him (sub .500)!!

Rodgers k’s dropped to 4.5 -150 to over so put him in the round robin also, think i like that better than playing the ov 5.5 +125 straight.

Brewers Ff team total ov 1.5 I have all kinds of ways. Part the round robin and also few other 2 teamers w couple props in the nba game! just didn’t love the idea of paying 290 to win 200 straight, I hate juice, of course I’m goofy thinking parlaying it somehow gets rid the juice, only from my perception! Lol.

Played the FF over 4 straight in the cle/det game, I wanted to play the tigers Ff team total ov 1.5 also but kept looking at that lineup and couldn’t bring myself to do it! Good luck finding guys sporting even a .700 ops on that team, forget any .800’s or higher like almost every team has!! That said I’m fairly confident one those pitchers has a rough outing, obviously it more likely to be Feado but not like Beibs a lock to be good these days, with both teams getting a 2nd crack in a row at these guys someone giving up 3+!!

A Friday nighter with cross town rivals no less! So odd, is there something else going on in Chicago tonight at both parks?? Just don’t get it.

A Friday nighter with cross town rivals no less! So odd, is there something else going on in Chicago tonight at both parks?? Just don’t get it.
They played 2 at Wrigley earlier, not sure if these interleague rivalry matchups are getting cut to 4 total games for everyone. When it was 6 I'm sure there was bitching about how the rivalry series were unfair to some more than others.

They played 2 at Wrigley earlier, not sure if these interleague rivalry matchups are getting cut to 4 total games for everyone. When it was 6 I'm sure there was bitching about how the rivalry series were unfair to some more than others.

I’ve never known any these leagues to give a shit bout “fairness” unless it lead to more profit.. nothing wrong w the 2 game series if they want them just don’t have them on weekend. Cards/kc did at least 1 2 game series this year, think they went right to other teams place and did another 2 right after.

I’ve never known any these leagues to give a shit bout “fairness” unless it lead to more profit.. nothing wrong w the 2 game series if they want them just don’t have them on weekend. Cards/kc did at least 1 2 game series this year, think they went right to other teams place and did another 2 right after.
What I'm getting at is if they're really chopping up these rivalry series into two game series home and home, I'm sure they'll want one series on the weekend at least. Wonder how it will be when StL/KC play again.

Seems like they could do two games at home and two on the road all together though over a long weekend

What I'm getting at is if they're really chopping up these rivalry series into two game series home and home, I'm sure they'll want one series on the weekend at least. Wonder how it will be when StL/KC play again.

Seems like they could do two games at home and two on the road all together though over a long weekend

I’m not sure if stl/kc has another 2 gamer or not? They might have did it home and home style, I just can’t remember if they played 2 both places or played 3 after the 2?

I’m not sure if stl/kc has another 2 gamer or not? They might have did it home and home style, I just can’t remember if they played 2 both places or played 3 after the 2?
Just looked, they did Tue in StL, Wed rainout so made it up on a Mon then went to KC for Tue/Wed

Just looked, they did Tue in StL, Wed rainout so made it up on a Mon then went to KC for Tue/Wed

I was gonna say I thought they had rain also which really jumbled it up, that why I thought they did them home and home

You gotta be shitting me. I was worried bout weather in NY and games in Detroit and dc get scratched? Unreal my app didn’t say nothing bout rain at either one of those!

Now I have shit in my RR that cancelled while I coulda had Carrasco or Mets. I dunno how these weather fuxks keep jobs? If they had to bet on their forecast they all be homeless!!

Looking at radar it seems kinda stupid they totally called the game in Detroit already, it don’t look like that much rain at all and looks bout done! That sone weak shit!

Dc might get a storm but I guarantee they coulda been playing this past hour cause it ain’t fuckinb raining there yet!!

Looking at radar it seems kinda stupid they totally called the game in Detroit already, it don’t look like that much rain at all and looks bout done! That sone weak shit!
Hourly forecast has 50% and higher rain til midnight

sure seems to me these fairies have become real quick to postpone games these days!! You would think they try harder to play them with already partially condemned schedule.,

Same thing it said here last 2 days and we got like tiny showers in small areas and that was it.
There's probably more to it once it starts

And DC I actually get more because they are severe storm watch all night, you know how it goes if lightning gets involved

Easier to call a Fri nighter and make it up than deal with start/stop bs

3 stinking hits for milw in 1st 2 innings and nothing to show for it. I can tell already these FF team totals gonna make me antsy knowing I only got 5 innings to get my runs! Lol.

Freaking Rodgers not walking ppl tonight and hasn’t been giving up bombs but now he not punching guys out: this dude is hard for me to figure out, maybe I should stop messing with his props! Lol, Thing is I know his stuff plenty good enough to the point if he would figure things out these numbers be super low! Not like he isn’t capable, we freaking saw it last year! Sophomore slump? He started 7 games in 2020 tho!

Back