Friday Discussion Thread

Really hard to know what we're gonna get from Snell, he's kept his ERA in each outing below 4 when he's gotten out of the 1st inning but has yet to see the 6th. An amazing fall from the dominant Cy he was, also have some questions about SD not being able to get up for the inferior teams like they do LAD. Should be fired up for a division rival tonight, but who knows

Sucks when an error kills the possible perfecto but I do need an Indians run

Damn, I wish I logged in before the game. Shoe is a better pitcher than Skubal atm. Skubal is just a worse version of himself last year. I'm starting to worry about Scooby.
I mean it was only 2-0 pre rain delay. Skoob held his own against that line up with 8 strikes outs . 2 solo lead off homers, then the pens came in after the rain and that's when all the runs really started to happen.

I mean it was only 2-0 pre rain delay. Skoob held his own against that line up with 8 strikes outs . 2 solo lead off homers, then the pens came in after the rain and that's when all the runs really started to happen.
Yea, he did go into strikeout mode late. The Twins lineup seemed comparable to the Tigers that game, it was awful. 5.33 BB/9 and 3.33 HR/9 is, obviously, not starter material. Scooby looks like a shitty version of Snell. The difference is when Snell was young and lacked control he still kept it together.

You could argue he skipped AAA and is learning on the fly in the majors. The only positive I see is he's doing all right against bad teams, but we already knew that since he dominated AA. He just doesn't have enough control to be even an avg starter.

Back