FriDay CollegeFootBall, big card

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
FriDay CollegeFootBall

posting these as I cap

Nebraska* -14 -130 vs Iowa 130/100...I bought this down but like it small up to -17 but not over that #. Iowa still has only 6 TD passes all season and has been outscored by an average of 31-18 in a current 5-game losing streak where the only close losses were against Purdue and Indiana. A road win by the Huskers puts them in the Big Ten Championship Game vs. Wisconsin. While a morning game on a short work week puts more strain on the road team, the injuries are piling up for Iowa, magnifying the problem of an unproductive running game.

Bowling Green* -9 -120 vs Buffalo U 55/50....I capp this on @ 10 so no big play for me here. BG is bowl eligible at 7-4 SU, but can’t win the MAC-East. I dont believe Buffalo has thrown in the towel yet and will play hard. Buffs is playing its 10th straight without a bye, are banged up and that’s not good at this pt of the season

Central Michigan* -10 -120 vs Massachusetts 120/100.....UMass team has been shut out 3 times this season. (and i was on one of those :angry:) Their offense has gained only 3.8 yards per play, although in conference it has risen to 4. Central Michigan’s lousy defense can probably hold down this lousy offense more than UMass’ defense can hold down Central Michigan’s slightly better than average offense. RB Tipton’s ability to get CMU into good down-and-distance situations should help here I think this is a 14 pt win for CM. may add to this one

Agree with you about Zurlon Tipton's impact. Happy Turkey Day old timer...take a look at Ball St and Iowa St

Ball State* -7 -110 vs Miami Ohio 330/300....I like this one enough for a three U play. Miami-OH is the home dog, but their defense is week allowing 35 ppg and Ball State brings the more balanced offense. MiamiOhio have the nation’s 120th-ranked running attack.Their defense ranks 123rd against the run, and the pass defense would be worse than it is if they hadn’t intercepted 12 passes. If Ball State keeps the turnovers to a min, this should be an easy cover as Ball State has won five straight games and is coming off a dominant showing vs Ohio. One should respect Miami’s passing game, but the mood of the team is suspect now that their bowl aspirations have died.Maybe a 14 pt game 35-21

Last edited:
Syracuse* -7 -120 vs Temple 480/400....surprised at this line. I capp this @ 20-21.May be just me bit Cuse has impressed of late Temple has lost four straight games in the Big East, pre-Army, by 25, 30, 24 and 24 points. They must stop both the run, and the pass, against bigger and better athletes. Syracuse QB just led the offense to 508 yards at Missouri, who has a pretty good defense (Tigers had been allowing only 367 yards per game). Syracuse has allowed only 3.8 yards per carry in Big East play. I could be on the hi side here as Orangemen are coming off their longest road trip of the season and playing their fourth road game in five weeks.If the weather is foul, it would hurt Syracuse’s offense and help Temple’s, but otherwise. But as can be seen from the Units, I like this play

Last edited:
Northern Illinois* -20 -120 vs Eastern Michigan 220/200 ....tell me if I am missing something here but I capp this one @ 27-28. I know Northern Illinois is looking ahead to next week’s MAC Championship Game against Kent State.... but NIU is the kind of high-energy offense that doesn’t necessarily care to hold anything back. They love their fast tempo, they love to score, and Eastern Michigan is a little play plodding offense that will be buried if NIU comes to play. But then again, I may be pissing into the wind if Huskies plan to save something for Friday’s league title match in Detroit....or Jordan Lynch may play deep into the second half to bolster his (probably hopeless) Heisman push? Ten straight wins for NIU, & at +107½ pts ATS last 7. Lynch last 9: 2,318 PYs, 1,377 RYs. And then there is 18 Husky takeaways last 6. EM 2-9 SU, & #116 in total "D". I'll keep riding 'em and have them in a few parlays bought down.

Cincinnati U* -13 -110 vs South Florida 55/50...not in love with this game....tell me if I am missing something!! Now a dismal 3-7 SU, South Florida had two weeks to get ready for a revenge game at Miami-OH, and all it did was show why they never replaced now-injured QB Daniels when he played lousy games during his career. Floyd and Eveld combined for 0-2 TD-INT and less than 5 yards per attempt. Pitiful performance!! The D allowed 548 yards to an O that was missing many receivers. Cincii's offense is obviously having its problems, and the USF defense has speed to contain Cincinnati’s spread running. But, with no Daniels for Bulls, & they lost backup QB Eveld in 1st quarter of 40-9 loss to Miami, I think Cinci is the only way to go here. Probably should pass on this game....but u know me, If I take time to capp, I might as well play it.

East Carolina* -6 -110 vs Marshal 110/100....ECU have their 7 wins for a bowl. Marshall’s defense is pretty damn weak. The offense got 106 snaps and 665 total yards against Houston last week, but the defense still allowed 41 points, including 3 TD passes in a seven-minute span. The Herd is 5-6 SU and their head coach Doc Holliday will tell them that their lives, and their families’ lives, depend on getting to 6-6 and becoming bowl-eligible. But even if they buy into that, they’re still the playing a team that has 417-37 RY edge for EC last 2 gms, & Pirates at 37.4 ppg last 5 (covered last HG by 23½). 'Herd has a 417-473 pt deficit in LGs, & on 0-4 ATS run by 55½ pts. Throw in revenge and EC becomes the play, all be it small. Remember, EC had bowl hopes spoiled by Marshall in an overtime affair last yr and will try and return the favor imo

I said it many times before and I'll say it again, you're the best I've seen. GL bloody!

I have a loose partnership with Dilaudid 8 and think him and Rex are top notch cappers. You,my friend,are another one I follow and agree with wiseplayer. You are right up there with the best at C.T.G. and I appreciate you sharing your picks and write ups.

Wise, Jasper
I appreciate the kind words, I really do. If u can still make the statements after Sat nite, we will all be happy as will will have won some coin. Some big plays on Sat.

I believe these forums are here to share info and if that helps, great. On some of these internet forums all one sees is peps tooting their on horn trying to make a reputation. Thankfully this place is different.

And also my beautiful young wife encourages me to capp sports as she feels the mental exercise is good for the ole hound LOL....hell, I'm just trying to make a little beer $$ :smile:

GL guys

After a before dinner drink, two platters of turkey and fixings, three galsses of wine and another bourbon and water, lets see if we can finish up Friday plays
Kent State* -9 -120
vs Ohio 60/50....Durham is nursing an injury and the coaches won’t want to risk making it worse for the championship. Dri Archer is a TD waiting to happen and has a ridiculous 10 y/carry average. At 1st look one may think this is a giveme for KSU but what if Kents championship chasing head coach Hazell decides to protect him, too? Ohio’s beleaguered defense could catch a break and face Kent’s B or C offensive game. The Bobcats are an 8-3 SU team coming off two losses and would like to win one prior to their bowl date. Their QB Tettleton has a 18-2 TD-INT ratio this season. If u like the Kent cover here, u may want to wait till kickoff and see whos play. If A team, then it would be a 4 uint play...B or C team, no more than one

LSU* -10 -130 vs Arkansas 260/200.....this should be a blow out. So, what is Arkansas playing for? They responded to the challenge of needing to win two in a row to get bowl-eligible by losing by 28 points at Mississippi State. Their coaching staff won’t be back. It’s their final home game, but look at what happened to, say, Western Michigan last Saturday when they were a dead piece for a bowl and lost their final home game to 1-9 SU Eastern Michigan. ??? LSU ain’t 1-9 EMU. The assistants are polishing their resumes, and head coach John L. Smith is probably planning a trip to Brazil or something. They have to line up against a big, fast, LSU squad that doesn’t have to worry about edge-rush speed like Ole Miss kept running sideways at them with their running backs. They can pin their ears back and go after Tyler Wilson like everyone else has, and you have to wonder whether Wilson will throw three or four INTs, for an LSU TD or two, to protect himself in the last game of a lost season. LSU’s defense will be livid after they allowed 450+ yards to Ole Miss. So if I believe all of this, then why not make this a dime play? Cause shit happens!! So what if Wilson gets a hot hand and Tiger D doesnt get to him. I think that LSU has some holes in their D if Arkis O line could just wilson a bit of time....big if though. Like I said, shit happens. Two units only for me.

Colorado* +24 -120 vs Utah 12 little ones to win 10 little ones....I said earlier that 'if I capp it, I'll play it'
So I must be really drunk now LOL Colorado defeated Utah as a 22-point underdog last year. Chance for Utes to take out frustrations here. Just 4-7 SU, after 9 straight bowl seasons.But it is also a chance for the Buffs to win their first and only home game of the season. I can easily see a 35-21 type of game which means I win my ten spot :)

West Virginia* -125 vs Iowa State 62/50....man, this is a tuff one to capp in my opinion
WV has two chances to get win #6 (next week vs. Kansas, who they can kill) or Fri which should be a good game. But with Iowa State coming off a satisfying 51-23 win at Kansas to get win #6 and become bowl eligible themselves, the Mountaineers might catch the Cyclones in a letdown situation. Iowa State’s D is getting pretty worn down and the contrast in the offensive potential Kansas, compared to West Virginia, is large. West Virginia’s glaring flaw is a defense that ranks #117 in the nation. But the discrepancy with ISU (#93) isn’t that severe. Offensively, however, the gap is huge. WVU averaging 140 more yards per game from scrimmage. WVU amassed an amazing 778 yards vs. an Oklahoma team that came in ranked #2 in passing efficiency defense. It figures that ISU RS frosh QB Sam Richardson will draw his first career start. Richardson was magnificent off the bench at Kansas but now the pressure is on. Very small play for me but should be an interesting game to watch

I just realized I only have one dog so far.....and this play want change that.
Washington U* -13 -120 vs Washington State 62/50....I know there will be some upsets on Fri but how can one make a play on a team, even a home underdog, on a 8-game losing streak against the visiting Huskies who are on a 4-game win streak, when the Huskies have the nation’s 9th-ranked pass defense and all Washington State does is pass? And, WSU’s best receiver quit the team and most of the seniors hate the coach. I dont have a warm fuzzy feeling about this play but the #s say it can happen so we will try it. As a general rule we lean to home underdogs in season-ending, in-state rivalry games. However, Something like 19 scholarship players have left the WSU program since Captain Queeg was hired. Win or lose, dont hold me responsible for this one.

I found an honest to goodness 'dog' that I like yeaaaaa...and they had better win :)

Arizona State* +3 -115 vs Arizona U 115/100
Arizona State* +130 vs Arizona U ML 100/130.....throw out all of the stats in this game and go with ASU much better D. ASU has more than twice as many sacks and entered last week’s game ranked second in the nation in tackles for lost yardage.Arizona's D has given up 600-plus yards on five separate occasions.

A few totals at gametime but I believe thats all the sides for Friday

GLTA

adding some totals

Ball State/Miami Ohio* Over 62 -110 110/100...5thyear senior Kelly Page as QB, I like this one over 61

Ohio/Kent State* Under 61 -110 110/100....as stated previously, I look for KSU's B & C teams to get more play keeping this score down

blood ty my brother yeah being sick really suck's even winning does not help. but it kill's the time gl to you today I wish that I got my NEB game in as soon as it came out. nice eye seeing that game. I agree NEB should kill IOWA this team is really bad. the same goes for buffalo this team is bad. nice bet on BOWLING GREEN they should win very nice reading my brother very good capping gl today

blood ty my brother yeah being sick really suck's even winning does not help. but it kill's the time gl to you today I wish that I got my NEB game in as soon as it came out. nice eye seeing that game. I agree NEB should kill IOWA this team is really bad. the same goes for buffalo this team is bad. nice bet on BOWLING GREEN they should win very nice reading my brother very good capping gl today

D8...U concentrate on feeling better my friend.
I think we win a few of these today. Appreciate the kind words and well wishes

Hitem hard D8

adding
Washington U/Washington State* Over 51 -110 220/200 I think this is closer to a 60 pt game rather than 50

Wise, Jasper
And also my beautiful young wife encourages me to capp sports as she feels the mental exercise is good for the ole hound LOL....hell, I'm just trying to make a little beer $$ :smile:

You hit the trifecta man! My ex-wife divorced me partly due to gambling, eh. Good luck on the games.

all of Fridays plays
Nebraska* -14 -130 vs Iowa 130/100 loss :angry:

Bowling Green* -9 -120 vs Buffalo U 55/50

Central Michigan* -10 -120 vs Massachusetts 120/100

Ball State* -7 -110 vs Miami Ohio 330/300 push :angry:

Syracuse* -7 -120
vs Temple 480/400 WIN

Northern Illinois* -20 -120
vsEastern Michigan 220/200
win
Cincinnati U* -13 -110 vs South Florida 55/50

East Carolina* -6 -110 vs Marshal 110/100

Kent State* -9 -120 vs Ohio 60/50 WINLSU* -10 -130 vs Arkansas 260/200

Colorado* +24 -120 vs Utah 12 little ones to win 10 little ones

West Virginia* -125 vs Iowa State 62/50

Washington U* -13 -120
vs Washington State 62/50

Arizona State* +3 -115 vs Arizona U 115/100
Arizona State* +130 vs Arizona U ML 100/130

Ball State/Miami Ohio* Over 61 -110 110/100

Ohio/Kent State* Under 61 -110 110/100 win

Washington U/Washington State* Over 51 -110
220/200

Kent State* -5 -110 vs Ohio for 1st Half 110/100 WIN

Northern Illinois* -13 -110 vs Eastern Michigan for 1st Half 110/100
win

3team parlay Nebraska -9 -325/Syracuse -285/Kent State -360
100 wins 125
loss
:angry:South Florida/Cincinnati U* Under 50 -110 220/200

Last edited:
You hit the trifecta man! My ex-wife divorced me partly due to gambling, eh. Good luck on the games.

I have been thru a few but I finally found one that puts up my habits, good and bad, So ur are so right, I did hit the trifecta with Tracey

Thanks and GL Zeke

adding a couple of 1st half plays as I think both of these teams rest players in 2nd half
Kent State* -5 -110 vs Ohio for 1st Half 110/100
Northern Illinois* -13 -110 vs Eastern Michigan for 1st Half 110/100

Thanks Lexington..GL to u to my friend

adding an early parlay
Nebraska -9 -325/Syracuse -285/Kent State -360 100 wins 125

Blood I wish you the best as always bro, a true asset to the site.
Thanks Silky, Appreciate the vote of confidence GLTU

BOL today Bloodhound. Hope you enjoyed your turkey day and hope you crush today.
P2W, Very nice TG, Thanks P2W GL

I see Iowa +15, LSU -11 and WASU +14. GL
Wish u the Best as alway Wise....Iowa looking good early

What do the asterisks imply? With half your posts disappearing, I'm not sure if you have said.
CG, most of my plays are made @ 5dimes. When I do a copy and paste of my plays, the * shows up as the team that I played....so to answer, the asterisk actually means nothing. Thanks for dropping by...and GL to u also

As far as on some of my post not showing up in this thread, I think that is a function of CTG's programing problems at present.

:tiphat: BLOODHOUND....gotta tip my hat to ya. I tailed you on Cuse and then took your Kent St and N Ill 1H picks and parlayed those. Owe you a drink or 100

Thx for the reply, Bloodhound. I was just curious. I was thinking some of the games did not have asterisks, but now I see I am wrong. Followed that LSU bet. Here's to a sharper 2nd half and no sweating.

:tiphat: BLOODHOUND....gotta tip my hat to ya. I tailed you on Cuse and then took your Kent St and N Ill 1H picks and parlayed those. Owe you a drink or 100
bones...good job picking the correct teams to follow. Continued GL my friend
I'll take that drink when we see each other :smile:

lost Nebraska side and the Nebraska parlay and pushed the BallSt play. \Congrats to Wise for being on the 'right' side playing Iowa+

Looks like we won a few also

CarolinaGuy...Arki will ware down in 2nd half and we'll get a decent cover. Wish Arki could have had a better yr for the returning QB

My eightyseven yr old sister just call me all excited that GusMalzone is coming back to Auburn.....to say the least, she is a big Auburn fan

Saturday plays on the way

if i'm not too drunk blood, you are having a very nice day......hate to say i'm on the other side of the AZ/Asu game, but that is not a bad thing for you....LOL

if i'm not too drunk blood, you are having a very nice day......hate to say i'm on the other side of the AZ/Asu game, but that is not a bad thing for you....LOL

Well Jimmy, I'm not ''to drunk'' either. I guess u notice I blew the capp on the Husky,Cougars game...but got the two U Over thankfully....Maybe one of us will be happy on the Arizonas GL buddy

as many of u know, i capp every game on the slate and play almost all.....but i have many plays that are made @ gametime/halftime that never get posted because i am rushed for time so a good accurate posted # is sometimes hard to come up with...but we did a little damage to 'the man' on friday posted and a bunch more on other plays but did Not have that perfect day that I was really hopeful of winding the regular season down....sorry for that

here is all of Fridays posted plays i think
i count about 16 wins 4 losses and a couple of pushes for a little over 13Units on the + side
Neb,LSU,Wash and Neb in the parlay cost us....apologize for the losses if anyone followed the losses

GLTA on a big Sat

Nebraska* -14 -130 vs Iowa 130/100 loss

Bowling Green* -9 -120 vs Buffalo U 55/50 win

Central Michigan* -10 -120 vs Massachusetts 120/100 win

Ball State* -7 -110 vs Miami Ohio 330/300 push

Syracuse* -7 -120 vs Temple 480/400 WIN

Northern Illinois* -20 -120vsEastern Michigan 220/200 win

Cincinnati U* -13 -110 vs South Florida 55/50 win

East Carolina* -6 -110 vs Marshal 110/100 push

Kent State* -9 -120 vs Ohio 60/50 win

LSU* -10 -130 vs Arkansas 260/200 loss

Colorado* +24 -120 vs Utah 12 little ones to win 10 little ones win