Friday Bowls--keep it rolling

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Bowl record

ATS, 2-0, +6000
HT, 2-0, +3000
Totals 0-1, -2300

Total, 4-1, +6700

Good start for me. Couple easy ATS winners for me so far. Another one coming here.

BC -5, -110, 4 units, 2200-2000. Hedged out

adds:

BC 1H -3, -115, 2 units; 1150-1000 WIN
Michigan State 2H +1.5, -105 2100-2000. *** Hedging out of game bet

Maryland +4.5, -110, 6 units; 3300-3000..
Maryland TT over 21, -120, 3 units ; 1800-1500

Quick thoughts:
  • MSU defense will have a tough time today getting any pressure at all on Ryan.. They will be dominated at the line of scrimmage.. Felt this way before the suspensions but even more so now.
  • BC stop unit is tested and very strong. The gaps will close quick for MSU running backs.
  • BC is just a much better team from a much better overall conference.. MSU has some horrible losses and a few decent wins. BC will have the best talent in the trenches MSU has seen all year and Ryan is by far the best QB they have seen
  • Is BC motivated? I read that around the various boards .. I believe they will be very motivated and I really think MSU defense will be on roller skates all game long.
  • Can MSU score enough to keep up? Nope, for MSU to be effective they must run the ball well and defend the run well. Check out the Iowa game in which they lost to a horrible Hawkeye team that got rolled by W Michigan to close out the season.. Albert Young went off on them for 170+ yards.. See that happening again today. Note to MSU--if you can't control the LOS against Iowa, good luck with BC.
BC just does not get enough love IMO.. Look at their efforts this year. You can't expect them to beat VT twice so that game was expected . Everything else has been solid.

I will have adds in the late games but haven't finalized it yet.. I will definately be on Maryland and am leaning TCU.. GL all...Lets keep it rolling:cheers:

Last edited:
agree 110% man, keep it up and good call on tex last night, thanks for the line help

guys I am going top unit on Maryland ATS and may pound the ML.. Shopping right now... Better team, better preparation and key injuries healed... I try to get back in here for more thoughts but running hard now..

my thoughts exactly echoed in your thread, my Big 10 fade will continue until later on down the line in the bowl season

The only way from MSU to stay close in this game is to put up 28 pts and really think they will have a tough time time breaking 20. BC should have their way offensively and like Bob Davie said last night it benefits teams in preparation which lose their last game because they come out hungry.

Think I am against you guys here. I am not sure what to make of the suspensions though and that question mark concerns me. The Adams and Saint-Dic losses concern me . Though the fact Saint Dic had just 1 sack in the past 4 games sort helps ease the concern.

Really another disnterested team here in Boston College. They are really very much like ASU last night. Okay so where was the BOWL on there destination list? BCS bowl..scratch , Orange Bowl , Gator Bowl , Chick Fil A Bowl....all possible destinations they didnt get invited to. Michigan State first bowl in a few years and will seemingly travel much better then BS does looking at expected ticket sales. For Mich State finishing strong by winning the last 2 and making a BOWL was an accomplishment and facing a once #2 in the nation BC team is a resume filler. Where's BC excitement? That lousy BOWL streak? Look at the Bowls this class has gone to...

Last night we heard during the game how Texas was waking up real early in the morning praticing and preparing for this game. While ASU didnt even take the full 15 pratices choosing rather to heal and refresh themselves. Well it seems Mich State was praticing INDOORS with the heat turned up to simulate the Fla weather. Some of the guys when they arrived said it was hotter back in Mich State indoors then it was Florida. To me thats a great job by the Spartan staff cause it creates comfort and confidence and erases distraction. Where BC said it used the first 5 or so pratices as an extension of spring pratice letting the young guys take the reps( and praticed about 12 or 13 times)

Looking at the past 7 games on BC's schedule what have they done? what have they done above expectation?

they didnt play poorly but they lost the ACC championship to VaTech 30-16. Ryan hurled it 50 times with no TDS and 2 INTs. Granted VT is an excellent defense....

Miami in the midst of falling to pieces was TIED with BC at 14 on th eEagles home field. Ryan 2 more picks....Miami hand been blasted a few times before this so thats underperforming to me.

They had a nice 4th quarter comeback win in the closing seconds @ Clemson 20-17 with 17 4th q points. BC truly is a team that can comeback on you unlike what they said about ASU. A nice solid win but Clemson was only a good team nothing exceptional and not much different then the teams involved here. A 9 pt spread was an overreaction to consecutive losses including @ Maryland.

Prior to that upset at home by FSU followed by losing @ Maryland. Which they were really smoked in a possible hangover spot. BC scored twice at the end to make it closer then it appeared. yes , Maryland had home field and anice spot but is Mich State key players on offense not better? A 5-3 FSU team went to there house and who struggled with QB play all year went for over 300 yds.

Now granted there are some quality defenses in the ACC that BC is going against but they simply dont do much on either side of the ball to impress me. Now we all saw how VaTech handled them for 58 minutes but didnt slam the door. We all saw a so-so performance @ ND.

I understand that BC is known for there run defense and below avg pass defense. Explain to me a good rushing offense they shutdown> Or show me I should say ? Choice @ GT is solid but the lack of passing in that game and scoring doesnt help. Who else? Davis @ Clemson? HE was okay that day...They did NOT play any team with an attack like Mich State which also has a pretty decent QB.

Yes , Mich State did have two bad LOSSES. They were both in OT so you cant say they were exactly beaten. Great teams dont lose games like that but thats why we dont see many great teams. Lack of consistency on each play. Like I try to explain change one play in that game the outcomes differ and they snuck out with wins does it really change anything more then perception? Even the Northwestern game was vs a team that was in the midst of a solid 5 game streak where they played well starting with Michigan at home and concluding with the loss @ Purdue where they got outplayed in the 4th quarter. Iowa was pretty sound defensively at Home this season as well. They hung tough @ Ohio State vs a good defense. They were tied with Wisky late @ Wisconsin and they gave the Michigan game away late 24-14 with 7:30 to play. I will take Michigan all day over BC...

I am aware that Mich State can give a game away late and BC can steal it...keep that in mind at HALFTIME.....

Simply put BC has Matt Ryan on offense and ?? Hoyer , Ringer , Caulcrick and Thomas need to keep BC offense on the sidelines......

BC offense last 11 games had only 4 decent outputs 55 BG , 37 Army , 35 maryland and mostly garbage points and 28 vs Miami only the Terps game was away....21 per avg not on there homefield vs VaTech (2) , ND , GT , Maryland , Clemson

I think Mich State did play the tougher schedule down the stretch cause FSU and Miami are down this year and the likes of Penn St and Purdue are probably beter teams while Mich , Ohio State , etc wash with Clemson and VaTech probably.....

Not as confident as yesterday with Texas because of the grey area with the suspensions and I gotta run out before I can complete this.....

BOL :cheers:

great read nut.. Big difference for me is talent. Like Texas vs ASU last night I believe MSU is stepping way up in class and especially in the trenches will have a very difficult time.. We shall see though.. Thanks for stopping by.:cheers:

Got 1H winner on BC but getting out of my game bet guys.. They gave me an easy number to do it.

Michigan State 2H +1.5, -105 2100-2000.

Hope BC wins by 5;)..

Hope I didn't mislead anyone here. Hope BC wins and covers but felt getting out of the game bet was the right thing to do.. At -105 they gave me an easy way out..

Really like Maryland and will be back shortly with my play there.

good hit, but why get out now? not confident?

jw. gl and congrats

Nope. Think MSU has a good chance to win this game.. I rarely do this, in fact I don't think I have ever done it while posting at CTG... Just think the turnovers will even out and taking my small win in this game and moving on..:cheers:

add:

Maryland +4.5, -110, 6 units; 3300-3000..

May add ML later...Better tema, better conference/schedule, better prepared.. IMO, this is a very strong play.

GLUCK buddy I like TERPS too, IN RALPH WE TRUST

IN PAC 10 WE HATE

It is this team is like a junior USC, less talented but has the same approach, smart, system oriented, and wins with time to prepare

LETS GO JUNIOR USC

Glad I hedged out of the BC bet... Interesting thing is, if MSU missed the 2 pt conversion game would have landed on 5.. Would have pushed BC bet and won MSU bet.. Long shot but could have happened..

Crazy headache of a game. To be honest BC was exactly what I thought they were . Figured they would score 27-28 to here. Hoyer played terrible for 90% of the game but Mich State had some success running the ball. I question alot of the play calling on that side though. Alot of times when they were in no rush they should have been running the ball. If State didnt play so sloppy they could have won( obviously). I just dont see much talent on BC outside of Ryan.

Actually felt this line should have been about BC -3 and thought even there it was a matter of who played better tonight a true 50-50 chance. At +5 even though there isnt a real key number your crossing I saw it as a value play.

It seemed that alot of the BC miscues late sort of made up for Mich State early ones....Up 7-0 they TOD , throw a INT in the end zone and fumble it inside there own 20....pretty big momentum shifter. Then after a great INT why the need to pass it on 1st down before half ? Then they settle for the FG inside the 10 to start the 2nd H....very even game and of course down 11 got lucky with fumble and short field ( & 2pt conversion). Thats why I like having the hungry team cause they will fight all the way to the end like CMU did.

Good Luck the rest of the way. I didnt have much time and went Maryland +4.5 parlayed with TCU ML....

damn Houston scored!

Glad I hedged out of the BC bet... Interesting thing is, if MSU missed the 2 pt conversion game would have landed on 5.. Would have pushed BC bet and won MSU bet.. Long shot but could have happened..

What a beating the books would have taken...game opened at 3 closed at 5.5 ........glad you hedged out ....

Could middle out of this Maryland play and think that might be a good option. the Maryland TT looks good so ... Nah, think this is a FG game either way. Staying with Maryland:smiley_acbe:

i will agree

:cheers:

brilliant. good job

Man I am getting sick of these bowl games, as they are bs, i left home and it was 14-7 Maryland, and they did not score the rest of the game?? I was like how could that happen. Anyway I am pissed off bigtime, because this kind of BS only happens in bowl games!

Let's get em tomorrow, I hope,

Back