Forward down the Field...the 2017 Detroit Lions Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright fellow SEMCON'ers...

Playing for first place Monday night in Jersey...

Why not the Lions? Why the heck not??

What ya like in the game tonight. I'm really liking Detroit TT over 19.5. Kind of like Detroit +3 and NY Giants TT under 23. Thoughts on these or any other side, prop, etc...

I think lions offense struggles tonight, they still need more out of the rushing attack, gonna be tough against this d if they don't have balance..

Really hope lions look bad here cause it will set up nicely for a play on them next week as home dogs vs atl.

I do think tonight is a NYG win but who knows with the Leo's. The defense was much better than I could of expected in Week One.

Bama, out of your plays if I had to pick one it would be lions TT over... I think they get into 20s.

I do think high scoring, close game..NYG missing the playmaker is a serious issue if week 1 said anything

Man until lions can get more out of their rushing attack I think they will struggle w a defense the caliber of gmen's on the road. Sure stafford will have some success between the 20s but I think they settle for a lot of fgs here.. god knows I'm wrong all the time but I think lions held in the 16-19 range.

Offensively hard to trust nyg but I never underestimate the effect hearing how terrible you are all week can have on a unit, I'd expect much stronger effort from gmen oline against a lions defensive front that not exactly great. Next week I think Philly's front 7 will eat gmen alive but tonight I think they win in the trenches and win a ugly game..

Odd with team totals, used to be the difference between 17.5 and 19 was irrelevant but with so many missed XPs it's hard to tell anymore

Odd with team totals, used to be the difference between 17.5 and 19 was irrelevant but with so many missed XPs it's hard to tell anymore
I agree I was saying that to myself "19.5 and 18.5 basically the same" but as u stated it's changed some

Man until lions can get more out of their rushing attack I think they will struggle w a defense the caliber of gmen's on the road. Sure stafford will have some success between the 20s but I think they settle for a lot of fgs here.. god knows I'm wrong all the time but I think lions held in the 16-19 range.

Offensively hard to trust nyg but I never underestimate the effect hearing how terrible you are all week can have on a unit, I'd expect much stronger effort from gmen oline against a lions defensive front that not exactly great. Next week I think Philly's front 7 will eat gmen alive but tonight I think they win in the trenches and win a ugly game..

I think I saw the o/u fg at 3.5 @ +$. May be worth a look.

Feels like a Giants 1H, Lions 2H sort of game but that's the way a lot of Lions games seem to go. Might be best to wait it out for a 2H play.

I really like Golden Tate over 5.5 receptions and over 63.5 recieving yards. Also Evon Engram over 35.5 recieving yards. Thoughts??? Or any other props you like

Golden Tate is always a good go to...at 4.5 to 5.5/6 catches. He gets so many shorter ones and is Staff's safety valve.

The yards isn't bad either, if he is able to bust loose on one or two for 15-20 yards.

I would prefer the catches though.

No opinion on Engram.

Lasy year at Meadowlands... Tate had 8/122 on 13 targets. Matty had the bad thumb that game. Lions scored 6 points.

I believe Odell to be out, from someone who knows someone

He could be full of shit too, Lions fan of course

I believe Odell to be out, from someone who knows someone

He could be full of shit too, Lions fan of course

I would believe this till you mentioned there is a Lions fan. Those are few and far between.

Lasy year at Meadowlands... Tate had 8/122 on 13 targets. Matty had the bad thumb that game. Lions scored 6 points.
I just really think they will get 20-27 points tonight. Seems I'm in the minority but I gotta trust my gut. And on the engram of ODB is out more chances for him

I would believe this till you mentioned there is a Lions fan. Those are few and far between.

You oughta see Brian Westbrook, I mean a CB that now weighs 350...he's a local and a great time but jfc

I lost a bet to him on the Pac/Bradley fight, dude wouldn't let me hear the end of it

Just came up on my phone that OBJ will make season debut tonight

Good call on lions team total. Really thought gmen d would be better. Eli handing the ball right back after the turnover certainly didn't help. He such a bum.

Maturation of the Lions in full effect, paid to see it.

Staff is pretty much there.

Only thing standing in their way is this dude...

smugrespectfuleft.gif

Is Caldwell just a figure head at this point? A buddy that I went to school with is a huge Detroit fan in all sports so I have a soft spot for lions/wings in particular because of him. My fantasy team name is also Jim Bob's Cooter

Nice to see them start to get Abdullah established the last 2 weeks. Rushing attack the piece that turns them into legit contenders, we know they can pass, we know Stafford can bring them back when needed. Hopefully Abdullah can stay healthy as I've always thought he had great potential, excited for the times we should see him busting a few with this type workload!

Back