Fondybadger's Week 6

Tuesday Night Game

$50 Memphis -2.5 -110
Tough to make a wager on the game when one of their teammates where just killed. Hopefully it will bring the team closer together instead of distracting them.

Wednesday Night Game

$50 Southern Miss -21 -110
They didn't have much of a passing game anyways, so if they keep the ball on the ground they should be able to win the game relatively comfortably.

Last edited:
Thursday Night Game

$200 S. Carolina -3 -120
S. Car is the more talented team in my opinion. I don't feel that Kentucky is as good as they've shown so far.

Saturday Wagers

$150 Rutgers -3 -105
$300 Indiana -13 +105
$100 Boston College -19 -110
$100 TCU +3.5 -110
$100 Tenny -2.5 -105
$150 Colorado State -13 +100
$200 Notre Dame +21 +100

Tenny was one that definitely caught my eye Fondy, I like that pick a lot. With 2 losses already (vs. 2 top 10 teams) they need to win here. Georgia is pretty good, but not good enough imo to go into Knoxville and beat a hungry Vols team. Laying under 3 is a great spot for them and I'll be on it.

I'm still going through the rest of the games, haven't had a chance to look at much yet.

I'm actually considering betting my Gophers this weekend. I'm hoping bjorks talks some sense into me...

GL...

I'm actually considering betting my Gophers this weekend. I'm hoping bjorks talks some sense into me...

GL...

Counselor, for the first time in about 2.5 years, I really like MN this weekend getting 14. I'll have a write up Friday!

I'm either on to sumthin, or on sumthin!

Nice win on SC Nick. Good way to start off the week. Keep it up into the weekend now.

Congrats you little bitch. Had the under. Thanks, spurrier.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing this weekend. Games I thought I liked don't look good, blah, blah, blah. I have no confidence...

Adding
$100 Wisconsin/Illinois Over 51 -115
$50 Northwestern/MSU under 53
$100 Miami -7 -115
$80 Ohio -4 -105
$100 Texas A&M -6.5
$50 UAB/Miss St. under 49.5
$100 Kansas State -3 -115
$100 Clemson -5.5 -105
- Want to hit Oklahoma, but damn did I miss that line
$100 Missouri -6
$150 Penn State -9 -105
$100 Georgia Tech -3 -115
$150 LSU -7 -105
$150 Ohio State -7 -115
$100 South Florida -16.5

Leans
Northern Illinois -3.5
Syracuse +27
Illinois -2.5
Michigan State -16.5
Wake Forest -7.5
Central Michigan +12.5
Auburn -7.5
Army -6.5
Eastern Michigan +29.5
UAB +19
Miami (Oh) +9
Mississippi -13
Baylor +9
NCST +18
Nevada -3
Alabama -11
SJST -6.5
Oregon State -3
Stanford +40.5
Akron +9
Iowa State +24.5
East Carolina +3.5
UNLV +5.5
Tulsa -3
Washington State +9
Hawaii -39.5
Arkansas State -2.5
ULL -8
FIU +19
MTSU +10

Adding$100 Wisconsin/Illinois Over 51 -115 $50 Northwestern/MSU under 53
$100 Miami -7 -115
$80 Ohio -4 -105
$100 Texas A&M -6.5
$100 Clemson -5.5 -105
$100 Missouri -6
$150 Penn State -9 -105
$150 LSU -7 -105
$150 Ohio State -7 -115
$100 South Florida -16.5

Leans
Northern Illinois -3.5
Syracuse +27
Illinois -2.5
Michigan State -16.5
Wake Forest -7.5
Central Michigan +12.5
Auburn -7.5
Army -6.5
Eastern Michigan +29.5
UAB +19
Miami (Oh) +9
Mississippi -13
Baylor +9
NCST +18
Nevada -3
Alabama -11
SJST -6.5
Oregon State -3
Stanford +40.5
Akron +9
Iowa State +24.5
East Carolina +3.5
UNLV +5.5
Tulsa -3
Washington State +9
Hawaii -39.5
Arkansas State -2.5
ULL -8
FIU +19
MTSU +10
:36_19_2:

Adding
$100 Wisconsin/Illinois Over 51 -115
$50 Northwestern/MSU under 53
$100 Miami -7 -115
$80 Ohio -4 -105
$100 Texas A&M -6.5
$100 Clemson -5.5 -105
$100 Missouri -6
$150 Penn State -9 -105
$150 LSU -7 -105
$150 Ohio State -7 -115
$100 South Florida -16.5

Leans
Northern Illinois -3.5
Syracuse +27
Illinois -2.5
Michigan State -16.5
Wake Forest -7.5
Central Michigan +12.5
Auburn -7.5
Army -6.5
Eastern Michigan +29.5
UAB +19
Miami (Oh) +9
Mississippi -13
Baylor +9
NCST +18
Nevada -3
Alabama -11
SJST -6.5
Oregon State -3
Stanford +40.5
Akron +9
Iowa State +24.5
East Carolina +3.5
UNLV +5.5
Tulsa -3
Washington State +9
Hawaii -39.5
Arkansas State -2.5
ULL -8
FIU +19
MTSU +10

Hey Fondy I think you forgot one. Holy chit,gl..

Fondy, do you actually go to UW?

I went up there last weekend for the Michigan State game, Madison is beautiful, but my dad and I parked by the state capitol and it was a MISERABLE walk...

The student section was great, but I thought they sang build me up buttercup every game and I was getting hype to see it and they never did it...

Also, what is in that field house connected to Camp Randall Stadium? We forgot to check it out after the game.

The field house use to be where they played basketball and hockey before the kohl center... volleyball and wrestling are still in there... you went to madison last weekend and you didn't see the crap msu fans where getting?

The field house use to be where they played basketball and hockey before the kohl center... volleyball and wrestling are still in there... you went to madison last weekend and you didn't see the crap msu fans where getting?

I saw where the MSU fans got harassed in the UW student section, but what would you expect if you're gonna go into the home team's massive student section...other than that, I didn't notice anything.

You now have one ticket. It's yours, but I can't guarantee who is sitting beside you...
:spank:
:whip:

12:00 Additions
$50 West Virginia -27
$100 Wisconsin TT Over 24.5 (Seen this wager and liked it in another thread)
$50 Central Michigan +13
$60 Wisconsin 1H +0.5 -105
$80 Indiana 1H -7 -105
$100 Michigan 1H -16.5

UW has score to settle

Illinois knocked Hill out of game last season

By JEFF POTRYKUS
jpotrykus@journalsentinel.com

Posted: Oct. 5, 2007

Champaign, Ill. - P.J. Hill insists he has nothing to prove today against the Illinois defense.
"I really don't," the University of Wisconsin's sophomore tailback said. "They got a nice shot on me and I wasn't able to play. I really don't think about that.
"This is a new season."
Perhaps Hill was being diplomatic earlier this week as he was preparing for the key Big Ten Conference game between No. 5 UW (5-0, 2-0) and Illinois (4-1, 2-0) at 11 a.m. today.
Perhaps he was being sincere and doesn't view the game as an opportunity to make a personal statement by leading UW, a three-point underdog, to a critical victory.
Running backs coach John Settle knows two things:
One, Illinois will again target Hill, who is second in the Big Ten and sixth nationally in rushing at 133.4 yards per game.
Two, Hill hasn't forgotten being knocked out of the game by the Illini last season in UW's 30-24 victory.
Defensive end Anthony Pilcher sent him to the sideline late in the first quarter.
Strong safety Justin Harrison ended Hill's day early in the third quarter with a brutal but clean hit that snapped Hill's head backward.
"I'm pretty sure in the back of his mind he remembers the celebration, when the safety came up and hit him, the excitement that they showed," Settle said. "I think as a competitor, you store those things away.
"I think he is ready to have a big game."
The Illini enter the day fourth in the Big Ten and 22nd nationally against the run. Opponents are averaging just 2.8 yards per carry and 95.4 yards per game.
Penn State tailback Rodney Kinlaw had more success than any other runner to face the Illini this season when he rushed 16 times for 66 yards (4.1 yards per carry) in a 27-20 loss last week.
"It's always been our philosophy, at any level I've ever coached, that you have to try to stop the run if a team can run," Illinois coach Ron Zook said. "Unfortunately I think (Hill) is better . . .
"He's still got the same vision. He's still got the same power.
"But he seems to be cutting back more and better. He gets guys in the hole and he can make them miss.
"I don't remember him being that quick last year."
Perhaps that is because Hill carried just 12 times for 50 yards before being knocked out of the game. Six of those carries came on UW's first possession, for 35 yards. Hill gained just 15 yards on his final six carries, an average of 2.5 yards per carry.
"I think it's a totally different situation," Settle said. "He went into that game banged up and that's not the case this year."
A year ago, Hill had an undisclosed leg injury and a painful trapezoid injury.
"I wasn't healthy," Hill acknowledged, "but I'm the type of person who is going to play and play until I can't."
It is vital that Hill go the distance today.
The UW defense surrendered 564 yards and 34 points last week against Michigan State and has struggled for much of the season.
A big day by Hill would allow UW to control the clock and take pressure off the defense.
In addition, with sophomore tailback Lance Smith serving the second game of his five-game suspension, the backups are freshmen Zach Brown and Quincy Landingham.
Brown has eight carries for 35 yards and hasn't carried the ball since Week 3; Landingham has yet to play a down at tailback.
"I'm just going in to do what I have to do," Hill said. "I'm not going to think about last year. I'm going to think about when I'm getting the ball just moving the ball down the field."
Like Settle, senior center Marcus Coleman believes Hill hasn't forgotten the punishment he endured last season against Illinois.
"I'm sure that will be in the back of his mind," he said. "P.J. is a tough back. I think he will come with something to prove to Illinois.
"Obviously he doesn't need to prove anything to us. We know what P.J. can do.
"But he might come out with a little attitude this week . . . I'm sure he wants to get at them a little bit.
"And we definitely want to protect him, to have his back."

Five things to watch

Posted: Oct. 5, 2007

Make them earn it: Perhaps the most troubling aspect of the collapse of UW's defense last week against Michigan State was the number of big plays the Badgers surrendered. The Spartans had eight plays of 20 yards or longer, for a combined 321 of their 564 yards. Now comes a date with the Illinois offense, which has 22 plays of 20 yards or longer in five games (12 runs and 10 passes), an average of 4.4 per game. UW must win the field-position battle and make the Illini put together drives for their scores. The Illini have big play potential, but they have just two scoring drives this season that lasted five minutes or longer.
A thief in the night: UW's defense has forced four turnovers in five games. Where does that rank among all Big Ten Conference teams? Dead last. Eight teams have forced at least 10 turnovers, led by Michigan and Indiana with 15 apiece. The Illini have turned the ball over 12 times (five fumbles, seven interceptions), the third highest total in the league. UW defenders have had their hands on balls in recent weeks and haven't been able to make the play. The time to start making those plays is now.
The clock is your friend: What is the best way to keep Illinois' offense from running wild? Keep Juice Williams and Co. on the bench by possessing the ball. UW leads the Big Ten in third-down conversions (50.7%) and time of possession (33 minutes 54 seconds). The No. 1 ally of a struggling defense is an offense that grinds out long drives. If tailback P.J. Hill is sharp today - he has been all season - and the line can open holes against a defense that is allowing just 2.8 yards per carry and 95.4 yards per game, UW's defense will catch a huge break. Given that the Illini are 10th in the Big Ten in time of possession at 29:51 this is an area in which UW should dominate.
Find No. 47: Illinois linebacker J Leman, who led the Big Ten in tackles per game last season (12.7), leads the way again this season with 59 for an average of 11.8 per game. He has recorded double-digit tackle totals in four of five games and is the most disruptive player on the unit. The Illini linemen do a tremendous job of keeping guards and centers from getting out on Leman, who leads the Illini in solo tackles (31) and is second on the team in tackles for loss (five). UW must control Leman in order to run the ball consistently.
Yellow alert: OK, it is Week 6 and UW is still committing too many unforced penalties. Flags for illegal procedure, jumping off-side, holding and blocking in the back are unacceptable at this point in the season. UW is not good enough yet to win comfortably with the ill-timed penalties.
Jeff Potrykus

I'm kind of agreeing with this guy how my mind has worked this week as well... going to re-examine the game at halftime.

Prediction time: Illinois

By Jeff Potrykus

Saturday, Oct 6 2007, 09:47 AM

Champaign - I'll admit that early in the week I was prepared to pick Ilinois to win this game, by a touchdown.
But after looking at how Illinois QB Juice Williams struggled last week and talking to members of UW's defense (players and coaches), I anticipate a better performance this week by UW's defense.
I also expect to see P.J. Hill have a big day. The Badgers have run the ball on Iowa and Michigan State so there is no reason to expect they won't be abe to run the ball on the Illini.
My pick: UW 28, Illinois 24.

A few more UW-Illinois predictions

By Dave Heller

Thursday, Oct 4 2007, 11:46 PM

When last we left, our prediction tally was an even five for Wisconsin and five for Illinois.
Let's see how it all shakes out after these final predictions for Saturday's game:
  • Collegefootballnews.com sees a shootout, with Wisconsin edging Illinois, 34-31. "Wisconsin is way overdue to get its doors blown off, but so is Illinois. Wisconsin will roll of 500 yards of total offense to overcome a huge day from Williams. Expect a wild shootout with the Badgers hanging on in the fourth quarter ... again."
  • ESPN.com Insider Bruce Feldman is going with the Illini, calling it Illinois 24, Wisconsin 17. "Time to ride the Zook bandwagon. The Illini's ground attack has been one of the big revelations of the season. In a league loaded with strong running teams, Illinois is by far the Big Ten's top rushing offense (255.6 yards per game). I think Rashard Mendenhall will do enough to keep the pressure off the Illini's passing game against one of the league's lower-rated defenses."
  • Rivals.com's Olin Buchanan also calls for a close game, predicting Wisconsin 27, Illinois 24.
  • The blog The Big Lead is siding with Illinois in a one-point game, 24-23.
  • Scout.com's Benjamin Worgull picks Wisconsin, 30-27.
  • No prediction (and thus won't count in the final tally), but in a chat, USA Today's Erick Smith is leaning toward Illinois. "Interestingly, the unranked Illini are favored against the fifth-ranked Badgers. That just shows how disappointing Wisconsin has been and how well Illinois is playing. Look for this game to be a shootout with Illinois have a slight edge with a better running game."
Finally tally: Eight experts like Wisconsin to win; seven experts are picking Illinois. If you count Smith, then we're evened up.

OK, OK, one more national prediction

By Dave Heller

Friday, Oct 5 2007, 07:13 PM

I said I was done offering up predictions from the experts, but there's one more - and it breaks the tie (if we consider USA Today's Erick Smith picking Illinois).
SI.com's Stewart Mandel offers up his picks of the week and includes the Wisconsin-Illinois game among them. Mandel's prediction: Badgers 31, Illini 26.
He writes: "How badly are the Badgers overrated? Vegas considers the unranked Illini the favorite in this game. This of course ensures Wisconsin will win, because the Badgers will come out all ticked off and wanting to "prove the critics wrong," which they will -- at least for one more week."
We'll find out who was right and who was wrong soon enough.

Big Ten preview

By MARK STEWART
mstewart@journalsentinel.com

Posted: Oct. 4, 2007

OHIO STATE (5-0, 2-0) at PURDUE (5-0, 1-0)

When: 7 p.m. Saturday (ABC).
Player to watch: Curtis Painter, Purdue - The junior quarterback leads the league in touchdowns (18), completion percentage (67%) and yards per game (308.4) but this will be the first high-quality defense he has faced.
Recent history: Purdue won, 24-17, in 2004, the teams' last meeting, but Ohio State has won three of four games during the Jim Tressel era.
Key statistic: The Buckeyes rank fourth in the nation in pass efficiency defense (86.4).
Bottom line: Purdue is off to a great start but we're not buying it, at least not this weekend.
IOWA (2-3, 0-2) at PENN STATE (3-2 0-2)

When: 2:30 p.m. Saturday (ABC)
Player to watch: Anthony Morelli, Penn State - The senior quarterback can't have many more days like his three-interception, one-fumble performance last week at Illinois and expect his team to have a chance to win.
Recent history: The teams last met in 2004, when Penn State held Iowa to six points and 10 first downs . . . and still lost, 6-4. The Hawkeyes have won five straight in the series and four straight in State College, Pa.
Key statistic: Good luck to any team trying to run the ball. Penn State is allowing just 2.3 yards per carry; Iowa is giving up 2.5 per attempt.
Bottom line: Penn State will get back on track in its first Big Ten home game.
MINNESOTA (1-4, 0-2) at INDIANA (4-1, 1-1)

When: 11 a.m. Saturday (Big Ten Network)
Players to watch: Greg Middleton and Jammie Kirlew, Indiana - The Hoosiers' defensive ends, who have combined for 12 of the team's 27 sacks, face an offensive line that has allowed a league-low three sacks
Recent history: The Gophers routed Indiana, 63-26, last season in Minneapolis and have won three of their last four meetings.
Key statistic: Minnesota is allowing an average of 6.5 yards per play. That is almost a yard worse than any other Big Ten team.
Bottom line: It's going to be hard for the Gophers to beat a team they can't stop, especially on the road.
NORTHWESTERN (2-3, 0-2) at MICHIGAN STATE (4-1, 0-1)

When: 11 a.m. Saturday (BTN).
Players to watch: Javon Ringer and Jehuu Caulcrick, Michigan State - Northwestern claimed a minor victory by holding Michigan's Mike Hart to an average of 3.5 yards per carry but in general has not contained teams intent on running the ball.
Recent history: Michigan State rallied from a 35-point deficit to beat Northwestern, 41-38, last season on the road, but the teams have split the last eight meetings.
Key statistic: If you want to find a key to these teams' respective starts, just look at their turnover margin. Michigan State is tied for the league lead at plus-5. Northwestern is near the bottom of the pack at minus-5.
Bottom line: This will be a test for the Spartans' new psyche. Will they be able to move on after a tough loss to Wisconsin? The guess here is that they will.
EASTERN MICHIGAN (2-3) at MICHIGAN (3-2)

When: 11 a.m. Saturday (BTN)
Player to watch: Mike Hart, Michigan - The senior running back needs 33 yards to break the school record of 4,472 held by Anthony Thomas (1997-2000).
Recent history: Michigan won, 55-0, in 2005 to take a 7-0 lead in the series.
Key statistic: Not only have the Wolverines won every game against Eastern Michigan, they have shut out the Eagles six times.
Bottom line: Michigan might not get another shutout but will win its fourth straight game.

Damn Fondy, you probably take up half the server space with your list of plays. I'm always impressed by anybody that can keep up with that many teams. GL today.

Fondy

What about Elmer Fudd...ummmm...Fulmer being 0-9 off a bye week? I think their D is suspect! thoughts?

I agree with you that the d may be suspect, but it's an SEC home game and that should push things over the edge for them. They need a win badly and they should get it.

Keep em coming Fondy. Might as well just play the whole card haha. GL today man. Go Badgers

Back