Fondybadger's - Week 3 - College Football Plays... Off to Madison I go

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
I'm going to be in Madison for the weekend visiting college friends and meeting up with wolfpack17/jhunter, so I won't be around much, if at all, the rest of the weekend. Leaving Friday around 5:00pm, so if you have any questions hit me up now... Overall, I'm not a big fan of this weeks card from an "investing" standpoint.

2006 College Football 63-58-3 +$1043

Week 1 37-33-1 +$286
Week 2 26-25-2 +$757

Overall 1st Half Record 16-18 -$285
1H Faves 14-14 -$39
1H Dogs 0-2 -$300
1H OVER 1-2 +$4

1H Under 1-0 +$50

Overall Game Record 47-40-2 +$1328
Faves 25-21-1 +$609
Dogs 12-11-1 +$122
ML 2-2 +$108
Over 2-2 +$122
under 6-4 +$367

Once again I'll use this first window to update any games that I add throughout the week.

Friday Plays
$75 Toledo -4

Saturday Plays
12:00 PM Games (all times eastern)
$100 Iowa State +14 -110
$125 Boston College -7
$50 Syracuse +3.5
$75 Cincinnati +30.5
$50 UConn -6

1:00 PM Games
$75 Purdue -17

2:00 PM Games
$100 Eastern Michigan +17
$150 Minnesota 1H -24

3:30 PM Games
$50 Wisconsin -14 *see post on 2nd page for info on this game
$100 Michigan +7.5
$75 Louisville -4.5
$75 Oregon -4.5
$200 Auburn -2.5

6:00 PM Games
$250 Texas 1H -17
$100 Texas -31

7:00 PM Games
$100 Southern Miss -2.5
$200 Arkansas -6

7:45 PM Game
$100 Clemson +5

8:00 PM Game
$100 Tennessee +3.5

Midnight
$200 Hawaii/UNLV OVER 58 (saturday)

Thursday Plays 5-1 +$442
WIN $125 West Virginia 1H -10
WIN $75 WV/Mary OVER 24 1H -115
WIN $50 West Virginia -17
WIN $100 WV/Mary OVER 50.1
WIN $100 maryland 2nd half +7 +102 (Pinny)
Loss $10 Maryland 2nd half -28 +25000

Last edited:
Saturday Plays
$100 Michigan +7.5
$100 Tennessee +3.5
$200 Auburn -2.5
$50 Wisconsin -4
$100 Eastern Michigan +17
$200 Arkansas -6
$100 Clemson +5

$125 West Virginia 1H -10
$50 West Virginia -17

The West Virginia running game dominated Maryland last year on the road, and this year it should only be worse. I really feel its going to be one of those 21 point type games at the end, and could go anyway in garbage time. Hence I'm hitting the first half a lot harder. Good Luck tonight.

Lets get it done tonight Nick.

That was a dominanat rushing performance last year sans White/Slaton.

Should roll tonight.

On one side ladies and gentlemen we have B.A.R., HUNT, Fondy and SoonerBS taking the side of WVU, . . . . . .

VERSUS

CollegeKingRex, SHSUHorn and Yanks on the Terrapins!!

boxing4.gif

SoonerBS said:
On one side ladies and gentlemen we have

B.A.R., HUNT, Fondy and SoonerBS taking the side of WVU, . . . . . .

VERSUS

boxing4.gif

I think we have them based on weight and brains... But if we're going with luck with the ladies we may be introuble... I spose it helps that most of the girls those 3 pick up don't speak English...

With us split like this probably a good game to go small on.

I'll take Horn because several Texas A&M guys told me he's easy meat in a fight!! LOL
diabolo.gif

FONDY,

Glad to see you on the WV 1st half with me bro, lets get the week started off with a bang !!!!!!!!!

SoonerBS said:
On one side ladies and gentlemen we have B.A.R., HUNT, Fondy and SoonerBS taking the side of WVU, . . . . . .

VERSUS

boxing4.gif

AND I'M WITH EVERYONE!!!!11!!!11one

surprised your not on the over 48 nick. IMO, it looks like the most tasty play of them all! hard to believe this game not getting into the 50's.

Tarheel Brn&Bred said:
surprised your not on the over 48 nick. IMO, it looks like the most tasty play of them all! hard to believe this game not getting into the 50's.
You're twisting my arm here Chris. I have enough second thoughts on the "game play" (still love 1H), but I think the best way to not get swept off the board tonight might be some overs...

Adding
$75 WV/Mary OVER 24 1H -115
$100 WV/Mary OVER 50.1
$200 Hawaii/UNLV OVER 58 (saturday)

Fondybadger said:
2006 College Football 63-58-3 +$1043
Thursday Plays
$125 West Virginia 1H -10
$75 WV/Mary OVER 24 1H -115
$50 West Virginia -17
$100 WV/Mary OVER 50.1

:36_9_2:

Wolfpack17 said:
Cha ching..hopefully you make it to madison man..give me a call

Are you sure you want to party with Fondy? I mean, have you seen the girls he hangs out with?
evillol.gif

Come on down and party with me and I'll introduce you to some fair winning pedigrees!!
sex_sodomit.gif

:bow: money; money;

I let the line move scare me off WV:spank: But opted to take the over 52...:smiley_acbe:

CHICKEN DINNER!!!!!!!

NICE JOB, BADGER.......FONDY......NICK......."WHATEVER":wacka wacka: :wacka wacka:

I'll have my full weekend card up in the next two hours. Going to be heading to Madison for the weekend with spookify to meet up wolfpack/jhunter and ride his girlfriend back to Georgia...

Fondybadger said:
I'll have my full weekend card up in the next two hours. Going to be heading to Madison for the weekend with spookify to meet up wolfpack/jhunter and ride his girlfriend back to Georgia...

LolLolLolLol.gif

Numbers

I should really learn what all those numbers mean. Aaaah, F it I will just watch the games and get drunk:drinking:

GO BADGERS!!

Never like seeing this as a headline on a teams website...

Ticket Office Open For Extended Hours; Plenty of Tickets Left For Kansas Game
Some Parking Lots Around Stadium Will Be Closed to Student and Staff Parking on Friday in Preparation For Kansas Game

Plenty of good seats are left for Friday's home opener against Kansas (8:00 p.m. at the Glass Bowl).

spookify said:
I should really learn what all those numbers mean. Aaaah, F it I will just watch the games and get drunk:drinking:

GO BADGERS!!

Maybe some day I'll teach you, but with the 13 you got on the ACT I think we're better off just drinking. We need to figure out if we want to actually go to the game or just hit one of the bars around the stadium and get drunker (seeing they don't serve alcohol in Camp Randall)...

I spose I better call Nicole back and tell her we're coming, but here's to hoping neither of us end up back there tonight. :drink:
Even if I need to money;at a girl to get her into a hotel...

Rockets Host Kansas This Friday in ESPN2 Game Toledo looks to get on the winning track against 2-0 Jayhawks

Sept. 11, 2006
Toledo, OH
Toledo (0-2, 0-1 MAC) will be going for its first win of the season against Kansas this Friday (8:00 p.m.) at the Glass Bowl, where it has won 34 of its last 36 games.

The Rockets have started out the season with two losses, a triple-overtime thriller at Iowa State on Aug. 31 and a turnover-plagued defeat at Western Michigan on Sept. 9.

Toledo outgained Western Michigan, 306-261, but could not overcome three interceptions and one lost fumble in a 31-10 loss at Kalamazoo. One Bronco interception turned out to be the difference when Londen Fryer picked off a Clint Cochran pass late in the third quarter and ran it back 92 yards for a TD, giving WMU a 21-10 lead. Cochran threw for 218 yards on 18-of-30 passing. Junior RB Jalen Parmele had a career-high 111 yards on the ground.

Kansas is off to a 2-0 start with wins over Northwestern State (49-18) and Louisiana-Monroe (21-19). The Jayhawks have been riding the legs of senior RB Jon Cornish. Cornish had 140 yards in the win over Northwestern State and 103 more last week vs. Louisiana-Monroe. Redshirt freshman Kerry Meier is the quarterback. He has completed 53 percent of his passes and has 295 passing yards, four TDs and three interceptions. Sophomore LB Mike Rivera leads the team with 18 tackles, while sophomore LB Joe Mortensen and senior DE Paul Como each have four tackles for loss.
Friday's game will be the second of a three-game series between Kansas and Toledo. The Rockets would just as soon forget Game #1 in Lawrence. Kansas scored on six of its first seven possessions to go up 42-0 early in the second quarter on its way to a 63-14 romp. Toledo turned the ball over five times.The Rockets return to Kansas next year in a game scheduled for Sept. 15, 2007. The only other meeting between the schools came in 1991 when KU came to Toledo in a one-game deal. The Jayhawks had no trouble in a 30-7 victory.

Quick Hitters...
Friday's game is the first of four Rocket contests on ESPN2 this year...Dave Pasch (PxP), Rod Gilmore (color), Trevor Matich (color) and Heather Cox (sideline) will call the action...This will be Toledo's 13th nationally televised game in the past three seasons; Toledo is 7-5 in those games....This is the second of a three-game series between Kansas and Toledo. Kansas won in Lawrence in 2004, 63-14, and the Rockets return to Kansas next year...Toledo is 0-3 vs. the Big 12/Big 8 (0-2 vs. Kansas, 0-1 vs. Iowa State)...Kansas has been to two bowls in the last three years under head coach Mark Mangino, including a 42-13 win over Houston in the Fort Worth Bowl last year...Mangino is a graduate of Youngstown State and was an assistant coach there from 1985-86...Toledo's loss to Western Michigan was its first in the series since the 2000 season, snapping a five-game winning streak; UT had also won 11 of the previous 12 contests between the two schools...The 10 points in the WMU loss was the fewest scored by the Rockets since their 39-10 loss to Connecticut in the 2004 Motor City Bowl. The last time UT scored fewer points was in a 34-7 loss at Syracuse in 2003, and last time a MAC foe held UT to fewer points was in a 10-7 loss to Eastern Michigan in 1998...Senior WR Steve Odom finished with five catches for 52 yards. Odom has now caught a pass in 39 consecutive games, the longest streak in the nation...For the second-consecutive game, freshman safety Barry Church led the Rockets with 10 tackles, including a tackle for a loss and a pass breakup...Chris Hopkins had 100 yards receiving vs. WMU, giving him back-to-back 100-yard games.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Couple of other notes on this game...

Kansas is playing there first road game of the year. The last there years they are 1-8 (3-6 ATS) on the road and since 1992 are 20-50 (25-44 ATS) straight up.

Toledo is 9-1 SU (6-3 ATS) in home games the last thee years and are 13-4 as a favorite (9-8 ATS)...

I decided I'm going to go with Toledo here small and barely laying off the under...

$75 Toledo -4

Good Luck tonight!!!

Last edited:
Fondybadger said:
Maybe some day I'll teach you, but with the 13 you got on the ACT I think we're better off just drinking. We need to figure out if we want to actually go to the game or just hit one of the bars around the stadium and get drunker (seeing they don't serve alcohol in Camp Randall)...

I spose I better call Nicole back and tell her we're coming, but here's to hoping neither of us end up back there tonight. :drink:
Even if I need to money;at a girl to get her into a hotel...

I vote bar to get drunker, and I dont need to throw money at the ladies im just that good.

And the only reason I got a 13 on my ACT was because I didnt want to read or write that day so I skipped both those parts.

I'm leaning towards Kansas in this one, as I've mentioned before I haven't seen either team play but on paper KU just looks less inept and for them to be catching 4 points to an 0-2 team makes me want to take them even more.

How many times has KU football been on national TV? This has to be a big game for them, right?

spookify said:
I vote bar to get drunker, and I dont need to throw money at the ladies im just that good.

And the only reason I got a 13 on my ACT was because I didnt want to read or write that day so I skipped both those parts.

Spook, you may want to allow him to throw money at the ladies. I've heard that when he gets drunk, he gets real horny. If he can't find any girls, you're the substitue!!
iconsex-rideit.gif

scourge said:
I'm leaning towards Kansas in this one, as I've mentioned before I haven't seen either team play but on paper KU just looks less inept and for them to be catching 4 points to an 0-2 team makes me want to take them even more.

How many times has KU football been on national TV? This has to be a big game for them, right?

I'm worried about Kansas lack of a schedule this season and past history on the road. They haven't really played anyone yet this season. Toledo has had two good road contest and are now coming home to a nationally televised game. I haven't seen each team play either, but that's mainly the criteria I'm going on. Definately one of those Saturday afternoon games you'd lay off of.

The Toledo play worries me a bit because they're either hit or miss, don't think this game is going to be close one way or another. You can't "cap" turnovers on a game by game basis, but you can on a season and what's expected, and Toledo's been turning over the ball a bit too much for my liking. That's my biggest concern.

12:00 PM Games
$100 Iowa State +14
In state rivalry where Iowa State has done a pretty decent job against the spread, toss in the Tate "injury" and there's too many question with Iowa.

$125 Boston College -7
This is one of those gut feeling, take the better team (in my mind) only having to lay a TD type of game. Like BC winning by 17 on the road last year too.

$50 Syracuse +3.5
I'm probably should be playing this game but I was inspired by how Syracuse played as a team and the passion they showed last week. I hope losing that game doesn't deflate them.

$75 Cincinnati +30.5
Fading Ohio State in their instate rivalry after last weeks huge win.

$50 UConn -6
Don't have a whole lot of faith in Wake Forest, but UConn's scheduling needs as much work as wisky's...

- I'd take Western Michigan if I was getting 14

1:00 PM Games
$75 Purdue -17
Ball State bringing some boys back this season, but Purdue I feel is a bit under rated.

Other Plays
$75 Louisville -4.5
$75 Oregon -4.5
$250 Texas 1H -17 (coattail)
$100 Texas -31 (coattail)
$100 Southern Miss -2.5

Fondy, I would love to hear your thoughts on that Purdue-Ball St game.

Yes, I have BSU, but if you got a strong case lets hear it. I couldn't lay 17 to a team that lets Indiana St and Miami-Oh tear them up.

If you got time, would like somethoughts. If not, best of luck this weekend an have fun at Wisky

Wisconsin/San Diego State game
When the lines came out on Sunday, my initial thoughts for the week were to take Wisky at -14 or lower which I did. As the week has gone on, I've really started to second guess the play. Wisconsins OL had trouble pass blocking against D1AA Western Illinois last week, allowing enough hits that Stocco left the game after getting his bell/chin rung. Wisconsin has a young team, especially on offense, minus QB Stocco, top 5 NFL pick LT Joe Thomas and another starting linemen from last year. Everyone else is new. I don't envision Wisconsin losing this game (but it's quite possible), but I do feel that this game could go either way well into the 4th quarter. SDST is notorious for playing extremely tough on the road in Big 10 country. Chuck Long, the head coach at SDST was an assistant at Iowa under Hayden Fry at the same time that Wisconsin's Bret Bielema was also an assistant there. Both coaches know each others tendencies well.

When all is said and done I look for Wisconsin to win by 9-17 points led by PJ Hill's rushing and the kicking of Melhaus (probably butchered that spelling). I made a $50 play on Wisky -14, but if I wasn't going to be at the game and wasn't a Wisconsin Alumni, I'd be on SDST with a value play.

B.A.R. said:
Fondy, I would love to hear your thoughts on that Purdue-Ball St game.

Yes, I have BSU, but if you got a strong case lets hear it. I couldn't lay 17 to a team that lets Indiana St and Miami-Oh tear them up.

If you got time, would like somethoughts. If not, best of luck this weekend an have fun at Wisky

My main take on this game is that Purdue is going to be putting up some big time points. Ball State will get yards through the air, but they're one dimensional as their ground game isn't anything special. This will allow Purdue to drop the linebackers a bit and help in pass coverage. The defense is a bit young, and the first two games got their feet wet. Last week provided a bit of a scare that they're going to need. I was on Indiana last week and I thought they should have covered the spread (-3 I believe?). Is Purdue 2 td's better than Indiana? In my opinion yes. Hence the value on the play...

That does leave open the possibility of me undervaluing Ball State... Only time will tell.

Love the card fondy...We are in the same boat in a lot of games. I think we have a winning day with Cinci, Louisville, Oregon and S Miss. Good luck with the rest of your plays!!!

I just had one of those, where am I? What is going on moments... I lost my friend last night at the bar and I'm hung the heck over now... I'll have to give him a call to see where he's at...

Back