Fondybadger's Week 1 College Football - Lets Talk Fresno/Rutgers

Fondybadge !" CONGRADULATIONS " ON A PROFITABLE FIRST WEEK

:cheers:

tHANKS FOR THE LINKS FOUND ALOT OF GOOD INFORMATION ON BOTH MATCH-UPS TODAY!:shake:

Nice job this week Fondy, I was on several of em with you myself and will be on Tenny tomorrow too, glad to see you on the Vols as well.

Best of luck this season and looking forward to a profitable year. :shake:

Talking about Rutgers
  • QB Teel and his leadership and skill
  • 2 1k WR's in Britt & Underwood
  • Playing at home
  • Replacing Ray Rice at RB going to rotation
  • Only 1 lineman staying in his same spot
  • 3 starters on line do return and size and some experience filling in at new spots
  • New kicker/inexperienced (San San Te is a redshirt freshmen), but he did attend the same kicker academy as Jeremy Ito and learned a lot last year from Ito
  • 3 of 4 d-line men return, but lack of stopping run last season has me concerned
  • Should be an upgraded linebacker group
  • An all world safety in Greene and the twins at cornerback, some depth at other safety spot

Talking about Fresno
  • Everyone and everything comes back offensively for Fresno except their center. Which I consider a bit of a blow for any team.
  • Fresno was 14th in nation last year in rushing with their 2 back set (backup had more rushing yards than starter)
  • Brandstater is a 5th year senior (maybe only a 4 year), but he passed for 2600+ yards last year and can lead his team if rushers are stopped
  • Rest of offense is solid up and down the line
  • Replacing Wac defensive player of the year in marcus riley will hurt linebacking unit
  • 2 new starters on defensive line
  • defensive backs should be outstanding
  • Also have redshirt kicker who looked pretty good in spring

I can't get a good read on this game. Keep thinking I'll go with Rutgers at home, but can't pull the trigger...

Now I'm thinking the best bet may be the over. Thoughts?

after missing the over on the col game last night by 1 pt, may just stay away from the totals of both games today. Can't get a good feel for either total.

I've got a hard time not taking more than a FG with Fresno State, and thats exactly what I'm doing.

Rutgers loses Ray Rice which I don't think is going to be as big of a loss as many think it will be, but this Rutgers team wasn't very good last year, either, and I don't see how they are any better this time around.

Then on the other side, you have a team that has been hoping all offseason to be a BCS crasher, has referred to this game as their biggest ever, etc. It's at Rutgers but Rutgers from the one time I was in the stadium is not the most intimidating of places to play. Might have something to do with the alcohol ban.

I just feel like this game means a bit more to Fresno State than it does to Rutgers, and I think that Fresno State has more talent and a coach with a knack for winning the games he wants to win. Was tempted to go FSU moneyline but I'll take the extra FG to work with any day...

I've got a hard time not taking more than a FG with Fresno State, and thats exactly what I'm doing.

Rutgers loses Ray Rice which I don't think is going to be as big of a loss as many think it will be, but this Rutgers team wasn't very good last year, either, and I don't see how they are any better this time around.

Then on the other side, you have a team that has been hoping all offseason to be a BCS crasher, has referred to this game as their biggest ever, etc. It's at Rutgers but Rutgers from the one time I was in the stadium is not the most intimidating of places to play. Might have something to do with the alcohol ban.

I just feel like this game means a bit more to Fresno State than it does to Rutgers, and I think that Fresno State has more talent and a coach with a knack for winning the games he wants to win. Was tempted to go FSU moneyline but I'll take the extra FG to work with any day...

The game I can compare this to the closest is TCU at Texas last year. Where TCU just came out flat as flat can be...

fondy the biggest factor tonight is if rutgers O-line can stand the punishment!! they only have 1 returning o-line

fondy the biggest factor tonight is if rutgers O-line can stand the punishment!! they only have 1 returning o-line

3 returning linemen, 2 just are in new positions, then they have an upperclassmen taking over and a redshirt freshmen I believe... I don't see moving around on the line to be that big of deal over the offseason. 3 guys have 10+ game starting experience and I think another one started 4 games already...

You're gold with Rutgers...I went Fresno -3.5...

Really don't think I'm going to take a side or 1H in this one... going to go 1 play on this game, then 2 in Tenny/UCLA game to get an even 100 plays for week 1. Realized i could do that yesterday and I'm a dork like that.

I need action on the UCLA game so soon enough we are going to need some discussion on that one. I know NOTHING about UCLA this year.

As for comparing it to TCU/Texas, Texas still had the talent advantage by a pretty significant margin. IMO, that isn't the case for Rutgers.

We'll find out awfully soon...

argh wish i could get 1H total at 28, not 28.5, hate the -130 on Fresno TT over 26... Line is down to -3 with my local, still 3.5 with greek

I need action on the UCLA game so soon enough we are going to need some discussion on that one. I know NOTHING about UCLA this year.

As for comparing it to TCU/Texas, Texas still had the talent advantage by a pretty significant margin. IMO, that isn't the case for Rutgers.

We'll find out awfully soon...

last week i capped tenny and put in my wager, but frankly after so many games I don't remember why.

argh wish i could get 1H total at 28, not 28.5, hate the -130 on Fresno TT over 26... Line is down to -3 with my local, still 3.5 with greek

yea my first half was 28, then i just looked at it went to 28.5..i feel your pain. for odly the total for the game went from 58.5 to 57 over night..hmmm

Rutgers here . I think Fresno getting way to much hype. They beat GT in a bowl last year big deal. GT defense was solid but far from spectualr and was unprepared to play that bowl game. Who didnt put up 24+ vs GT last year ? L4 games Georga 31 pts , NC 25 , VaTech 27 , Duke 24and it goes on and on IMO...

2900 miles is a long way from home

Most importantly just as Fresno is getting overhyped I mean look at whatthey played last year and how many points they allowed , the same can be said for ray Rice ...look at the good teams he played and his output..then its obvious why they didnt win those games . They overrelied on him and he undelievered in those games....

Anyway playing RU -3 -120:cheers:

yeah this game is moving lines all different directions and I can't make sense of it. I think right before kick off I'm going to take Fresno over on the TT, next favorite would be game total over.

Thanks for the feedback, and if anyone else has anything to chime in with...

fresno returns 15 or so starters i think......from a team that thumped k state and ga tech to end the season last year. the dogs have a big o line and a stable of capable backs. i think they come in and beat rutgers at their own game tonight imo. love the points here.

Rutgers here . I think Fresno getting way to much hype. They beat GT in a bowl last year big deal. GT defense was solid but far from spectualr and was unprepared to play that bowl game. Who didnt put up 24+ vs GT last year ? L4 games Georga 31 pts , NC 25 , VaTech 27 , Duke 24and it goes on and on IMO...

2900 miles is a long way from home

Most importantly just as Fresno is getting overhyped I mean look at whatthey played last year and how many points they allowed , the same can be said for ray Rice ...look at the good teams he played and his output..then its obvious why they didnt win those games . They overrelied on him and he undelievered in those games....

Anyway playing RU -3 -120:cheers:

Good luck SN. I think Rutgers still pulls this game out, but don't see how Fresno doesn't score at least 21-24 points in it. Either they come out hot and get a decent amount of points early for the TT or I think I have a good chance of getting a garbage td late that puts it over.

fresno returns 15 or so starters i think......from a team that thumped k state and ga tech to end the season last year. the dogs have a big o line and a stable of capable backs. i think they come in and beat rutgers at their own game tonight imo. love the points here.

Think it's 10 starters on offense and 6 on defense, plus punter... and they have capable guys filling in. Think this game is going to be very good to gauge how both teams will do this season.

Fresno will come out like gangbusters, not sure they will sustain that emotion though. I would look for Rutgers to play a better second half than first.

Fresno will come out like gangbusters, not sure they will sustain that emotion though. I would look for Rutgers to play a better second half than first.

That's a good point to keep in mind as well... why do I have a feeling I'll have over 100 plays for the week (will anyways as 1 was a push)

I dicked around too much...

$100 Fresno State TT Over 26.5 -130

moved half point without going down in juice, so pulled trigger before it got ot 27 on me

Looks like in the last 5 minutes was some money put in on Rutgers to get it from -3 to -3.5 again and then Fresno backers hopped on +3.5 in last minute or two before post

Looks like in the last 5 minutes was some money put in on Rutgers to get it from -3 to -3.5 again and then Fresno backers hopped on +3.5 in last minute or two before post

yea i saw alot of action in the last 5 mins on rutgers.. o well:cheers:

$100 Tenny 1H -3 -120

Lean to over 10 fresno 2H -115, but I'll stay off as I don't want to lose more on a game I didn't have a good feel on.

Back