First Round Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Tough regular season, time was limited lately planning a wedding, but how could I miss out on the best playoffs in professional sports? Posted a loss of about 5 units in regular season, hope to get that back in the playoffs. Going away tomorrow so I wanted to get this up today. Keep this thread for the first round.

Series

Minnesota -110
Philadelphia +133
NY Rangers -115
San Jose +112

Wednesday April 9

Colorado / Minnesota under 5 +106

Under trends in the regular season, 8-0 L8 in Minny, Colorado had trouble scoring all season on the road, will be the same with the first change in Minny IMO. THink Colorados road game vs Minny's home game is where this series will be decided, hence the series play as well. OVer the reg season Minny was a strong under team at home. THink these teams feel each other out for a game or 2.

That will probably be it. Want to watch some pace play out in the others. Have a couple thoughts, and might still play a few.

Grand Salami under 20.5

Lots of defensive minded teams going first night of the playoffs. Some over trends during RS keeping this total up IMO. I'll bite on it.

GL Everyone this playoffs:cheers:

Last edited:
GSRO - thanks man. GL

Steed - hope you get to see some NHL playoffs man. GL

Jump - maybe next year, like the Leafs. GL

Cat - you too, keep going through the playoffs. GL

Satyr - thanks. GL

Mogo - think Ottawa is in ruins of course, no goalie, no Captain but I think no Fisher will hurt them even more. He is pretty clutch. That said I wouldnt lay that juice with the Penguins, show me you can win a 7 game series and then we'll talk. Want to see the pace before I play a game in that series. Just to see line matchups, what both coaches want to do

yeah that's where i am being hesitant too, the price. it's the pens second go at the playoffs and they play the same team (not really but still) as last year, with the prices basically flipped. kinda tough to lay that much on a team that really hasn't proven they will win in the playoffs.

i just hate playing the individual games, but maybe thats the only place i'll get more reasonable lines....

GL to you! :shake:

MOgo - I think in game series prices may be the way to go, if Ott splits the first 2. Or even wins game 1, it will get way more reasonable. GL

that's true i always forget you can get the adjusted series prices during the series.... i guess i should hope for ott to win the first game then!

GL ... Decent number on the Flyers. If WASH didn't win there division, they would be behind Philly in the standings. With the proximity to WASH, I expect some Flyers fans to head down there for games 1 and 2, and I think Philly can steal one there. Once we come back home, it will be electric.

liking that under as well. :cheers:

GL in the playoff, brotha. Kinda surprised by the series bet on the flyers, but i can understand it.

Believe - a split would be great, especially with wash never playing a road playoff game. GL

Yanks - i'll take a push, Gl tonight.

Thursday April 10

First RD. 1-0-1

Boston / Montreal over 5.5 +141

all the talk about goalies being 'raw' and they both are getting a tonne of respect. Over was 6-2 h2h this year. MTL PP is clicking as per usual, Bostons PK is struggling a bit and they tend to on the road. Take a stab at it.

Nashville / Detroit under 5

Preds have score 3 PP goals in their last 10 games, allowed 2 goals on the PK, they are scoring 2 a night of late, playing good defense, I guess you could say 'playoff hockey'. Wings know what this time is about, and will always have to prove their presidents trophy.

sitting in a hotel waiting for the show to start this afternoon. Rainy day in Indy. Good games last night, thanks goodness the hotel has VS.

GL everyone:cheers:

Gluck, i'm on the other side of that detroit total..bol though on the mont over :D

probably wont be around to late tomorrow. Full day at the show.

Friday April 11

2-1-1

Minnesota -127

NY / NY under 4.5

Ottawa / Pittsburgh over 5

Like that Wild play, may join you.

Very interesting on that Pens over. Don't think I can follow, Ottawa inspires zero confidence from me right now.

That said, BC's going to come in here pretty soon and remind us that we haven't had one over in any playoff game yet.

And that won't last.

Joe - Gerber made some saves he tends not to make, the Sens while they didnt score much still had some chances, think if they can get an early one in, it sould open the flood gates. Gl

Saturday April 12

5-1-1

Boston / Montreal over 5

Dallas / Anaheim under 4.5 +107

Nashville / Detroit over 5 +112

Brar - thanks man.

Sunday April 13

6-2-2

Philadelphia +132

New York / New Jersey under 4.5

San Jose / Calgary under 4.5 +114

Montreal / Boston over 5

Last edited:
Monday April 14

7-5-2 +2.32

Colorado 1st Period -130

Nashville +130

Pittsburgh / Ottawa over 5.5 +125

Last edited:
GSRO, Cat, Satyr - thanks fellas. GL

Tuesday April 15

9-6-2 +3.62

Montreal -118

Philadelphia -122

SJ / Calgary under 5

Adding a series play

Series - San Jose +112

My thinking is tonight, makes or breaks the series for SJ, and the plus money for the best road team in the NHL only needing one road win to get back home ice.

Minnesota / Colorado under 5

GL santa....excellent start for the flyers.

not sure about the minny under only because that lineup is stacked with old men veterans and they looked simply exhausted by the end last night and the extra time they played in OT wont help them rest up.
minny on the other hand has a young, athletic squad...

they just looked sluggish and sloppy defensively and continiously turned it over in the neutral zone creating way too many 2 on 1's for minny...lets hope they tighten up tonight.

great start so far...good luck!!!

Brar - thanks. GL

Cat - you too. GL

REt - wish they would have done better than 7th pick, interesting offseason coming up obvisously. Thanks. GL

BAR - thanks. Gl

Cap - Certainly a good call with that Minny total, both teams looked different than had seen in teh previous 3. GL

Wedesday April 16

11-7-3 +4.62

Pittsburgh / Ottawa over 5.5 +123

Pittsburgh -170

NY Rangers -149

Nashville +125

GL Everyone:cheers:

Cat. GSRO thanks fellas. GL tonight

Thursday April 17

14-8-3 +6.87

Washington / Philadelpia over 5.5 +102

Minnesota -120

Dallas -125

Montreal / Boston over 5 +128

GL Everyone:cheers:

Really strong call on that Montreal over. I may have to follow just for the balls it takes to play it.

I was in transit last night so missed betting the Pens, ack. Like Dallas tonight quite a bit.

Good luck, Santa.

Joe - if anything for the season is that Boston plays a different road game, think they throw the kitchen sink at him tonight. Part stubborn play too, lol. Pens win was great... now the Sens won just as many playoff games as the Leafs and I can show up proud to Ottawa in August, ha. GL tonight

Back