First Round Playoff Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
For prosperity sakes... regular season finished off well after a brutal start to the year. Profits are profits and I'll take it.

Totals 126-116-3 +12.46
Sides 41-46 +0.88
YTD 167-162-3 +13.34

Off to my favorite time of year, hockey playoffs. There is nothing quite like watching the games, OT, the totally different game that is played from the regular season.

Series Plays

Anaheim +260

This is not who the Sharks want to see in the first round, plain and simple. They have typically had troubles in the playoffs after strong regular seasons. Coaching, give me Carlyle with a ring over McLellan who has never coached a playoff game.

Columbus +428

Call me crazy but IMO this price is off. The teams split the season series, Im a big fan of Hitch coaching style in the playoffs, both teams are not really playing well down the stretch (3-7 L10) but with Draper out for the first 2 and some question marks in net I'll take Mason and his 2.29 GAA over Osgood and his GAA over 3.

New Jersey -124

Gimme Brodeur at a short price in a best of 7 all day. Home ice doesnt really mean much for either team in all honesty, Carolina playing well no doubt, teams have played close games all year but when it counts I'll be on Marty and company.

Boston -1.5 -125

Pittsburgh -1.5 +132

Wednesday April 15

Philadelphia / Pittsburgh under 6

NY Rangers +161

St Louis +164

Carolina / New Jersey under 5 +105

Last edited:
Columbus +428

Call me crazy but IMO this price is off. The teams split the season series, Im a big fan of Hitch coaching style in the playoffs, both teams are not really playing well down the stretch (3-7 L10) but with Draper out for the first 2 and some question marks in net I'll take Mason and his 2.29 GAA over Osgood and his GAA over 3.

:popcorn:

:36_11_6:

Thought you'd have an emoticon for that one. I honestly think playing the series could present some nice opportunities down the road in the series with side prices adjusted the deeper the series goes.

Detroit fans dont get interested until the finals anyways:tiphat:

Detroit fans dont get interested until the finals anyways

C'mon now. I am holding a Wings BBQ for Game One. Jump is more than welcome to make the trip up:cheers:

I like the Anaheim series play quite a bit. I actually agree with taking a stab with C-Bus as well. I haven't had a good feeling about this Wings team for a few months. Obviously that begins and ends with Osgood for me. I definitely see this series going 6-7 games. Worth it at that price imo.

Det outshoots CBJ it seems by about 20 every time they meet is my thing...awful lot to ask of Mason over a 7 game span.

BAr - Ok, well excluding you, lol... the stadium is for the most part empty during rd 1 in the past years. The wings still have their players, no doubt but its not going to be a cakewalk in the least.... IMO anyways. GL

Jump - thing is, Detroit scorekeepers are notorious through the league as padding their teams SOG, year in and year out. Each time Det got 40 it was in Joe Louis... in Columbus it was still an advantage but with the most being 9. Detroit scorekeepers give a SOG when teh goalie plays the puck etc, it happens every year. GL

BAr - Ok, well excluding you, lol... the stadium is for the most part empty during rd 1 in the past years. The wings still have their players, no doubt but its not going to be a cakewalk in the least.... IMO anyways. GL

Jump - thing is, Detroit scorekeepers are notorious through the league as padding their teams SOG, year in and year out. Each time Det got 40 it was in Joe Louis... in Columbus it was still an advantage but with the most being 9. Detroit scorekeepers give a SOG when teh goalie plays the puck etc, it happens every year. GL

Definitely right about the SOG here.

I know what your saying about the fans and JLA. They just expect to be deep in playoffs every year now. It's not the home-ice advantage it used to be. Place used to be a zoo from mid-nineties till end of that decade. Prices rose of course, place got more corporate and people have become apathetic. Still a great fan-base, but the ones that can afford to go there are not your crazy hockey fans like some other cities. I enjoy road playoff games for Detroit much more just to have that great atmosphere.

good luck tonight santa. lean the other way in your series bets, but will be rooting for the jackets. i think the games in carolina are a big advantage for the canes, as ward has been nearly unbeatable there. i think the days of marty carrying the devils through the postseason is behind us.

only play i like tonight is the over in washington, but do lean car and under in that one.

Jump - definitely typical. GL

Pater - thanks man. Go Jackets

Tiger - read your thoughts in the discussion thread and can see your points on the Canes, I also think the Devils are a pretty good team at the same time with Parise going unoticed for the most part all year and some pretty good players who have been there before. Also with SJ wanting to prove a point etc. Im not a big fan of their game, being able to disappear, 12-10-2 to end the season etc. GL on your plays tonight man

Joe - sounds good. GL

Guaranteed - thanks man. Good to hear. GL

Added a few more alternate series plays. Finally a way I found to play Boston :)

GSRo, JG, sorry I missed you guys yesterday. Thanks. GL

Hunt - glad you agree :)

Decent night last night, 2-1-1 I will take. Series plays started on the right foot

Totals 1-0-1 +1.00
Sides 1-1 +0.61

Thursday April 16

Calgary +141

Boston -1.5 +142

Columbus / Detroit under 5.5

Anaheim +187

GL everyone :cheers:

:cheers:

GL this postseason, santa.

Love that anaheim play and may play it as well.
Two teams going in opposite directions with anaheim catching fire at the right time, and SJ really has been struggling to put the puck in the net.
Lot of respect for nabby but he cant do it all himself.

GL

Kooky, just read a Hcokey expert(hasn't watched a game all year) say Chicago wins outright tonight. Just a heads up.

That under bodes well for Detroit I hope. Means Ozzie has his head straight.

Cap - fully expect at the least a split. Like I mentioned before I want to see McLellans game plan in the post season, he hasnt had to match lines like this before. GL tonight.

BAR - :) With the under, its the pace I expect to be set w/o Draper and Hitch matching. Jackets win 2-0 :) GL my man

Kyle, thank man. GL. 3-1 on the evening Thursday. CGY fell flat of course, some interesting gameplans from watching the games via tape last night. Didnt like what I saw in CBJ at all.

Totals 2-0-1 +2.00
Sides 3-2 +2.9

Friday April 17

Philadelphia / Pittsburgh over 5.5

Carolina / New Jersey under 5 +107

Vancouver -0.5 -108

GL Everyone:cheers:

Think I'm going to be with you on the Killer Whales. Maaaaaaayy ride with you with the Pens' over.

'Cause you smart man.

Joe - think the Blues might be a bit outmatched (on the road / in Vancouver), they could / should steal one in St Louis but think that Vancouver gave them a punch in the gut in game 1. Little overreaction to game 1 total in Pitt IMO, game could have gone over, I was on the under but feel the pace will pick up and might get a little chippy too aka Flyers hockey, lol. I know you love to bet unders too... especially 5's. GL tonight monsieur Public

Farm, lol. Thanks. GLJG, hope you didnt, lol. GL. Tiger, thanks. GL

2-1 on the night. Going to get this up now as I have 2 games tomorrow and wont be around much past 10 AM

Totals 3-1-1 +2.07
Sides 4-2 +3.9

Saturday April 18

NY Rangers / Washington over 5.5

Montreal / Boston over 5.5 +113

Detroit / Columbus over 5.5 +114

Calgary +137

GL everyone:cheers:

Gonna be with you on the Flames.

Hope you're right in Washington as well, but really just the Caps getting that number by themselves.

Good luck today and tonight, Santa.

Joe, thanks. not a good Saturday night, lesson learned to not cap at 3AM... its not in my blood. 5 hockey games in 48 hours and didnt have energy / time to play anything yesterday. happy with the results series wise. WE lost in the finals :(

Totals 4-3-1 +1.2
Sides 4-3 +2.9

Monday April 20

Montreal +119

NY Rangers +110

Calgary -140

GL everyone :cheers:

love the flames tonight santa after they blew game 2 and as well as theyve played at home this season.

gl lets cash em... gonna be adding em here in a second.

Thank god you got rid of the Nash pic...you were bringin us down.
icon14.gif

WE lost in the finals

Boo. You can take solace in the fact that The Man was against you. Still, that sucks.

We're on two of three together tonight.

I like it.

Cap - good to hear man. GL tonight

BAR - lol, Wings have looked good no doubt. GL

Joe - lets get them both man. GL with that over as well

Monreal sucks... sorry Catfood :)

Totals 4-3-1 +1.2
Sides 5-5 +1.9

Tuesday April 21

Pittsburgh / Philadelphia over 5.5

New Jersey / Carolina over 5

Detroit -0.5 +105

Vancouver Team Total over 2.5

Vancouver Team Total over 2.5

Huevos grandes, mi amigo. Also find that over in Carolina ballsy. Go get 'em tonight, Santa.

BAR - I think i might be beat on that CBJ series... :) GL

Joe - lol. en francais? I googled it though. Anyways, Van has gotten over 2.5 in 2 of 3 and 7 fo 10 vs St Louis, they have been getting some chances through a game and PP found a way in game 3. In Carolina, Im going with how I believe the game will play out, and agree it is ballsy but 2 of 3 have pushed the total :) GL tonight

liek that way of playing the Wings tonight. will think about joining you there.
and can totally understand the Van TT. if they're up, STL may be w/out a goalie for half the 3rd. ;)

Yanks, that was my thinking as well. 3-1 on the night. Gotta try to find a place in Indy to watch the games or after an 8 hour drive at 9 PM last night, and set up all day Im probably just ordering in, lol

Totals 6-4-1 +2.2
Sides 6-5 +2.95

Wednesday April 22

Boston / Montreal over 5.5 +116

NY Rangers +110

Chicago / Calgary under 5.5

Back