First round picks

Thanks SC and tigercub. Some changes are expected in tonight's Montreal lineup but it will only be known at game time. Should be big defenseman O'Byrne back in for one I think. GL

yah i heard o'byrne could suit up tonight, and bouillon skated yesterday and they will make a decision on him after his skate today. o'byrne's a big boy haha. like to see him and lucic square up.

good start for the fliers. i think caps lost this series after they got dominated in game 2 and didnt sweep at home,... since they always struggle @ wachovia

im playin the 2 dogs in the 10 PM's... so i will be pullin for the flames as well.

BOL on the rest of your plays today!

Thank CapN....So far 7-8 (+2.16).

Wednesday Picks

New York Rangers -0.5 2.210
Detroit Red Wings -0.5 2.160 :cheers:

I should also say that Ill be playing Pittsburgh on the ML and will chase until they win cause no way Ottawa wins 4 in a row.

So far 8-9 (+2.37)

Thursday Picks

Montreal Canadiens -0,5 1.752 :cheers:
Anaheim Ducks ML 2.150 :shake:
Philadelphia Flyers -0.5 2.270 :cheers:
Colorado Avalanche ML 2.150 :shake:
Montreal Canadiens -1.5 2.410 :cheers:

Carbonneau took offense that some reporter said that with a little luck the bruins could be ahead in the series, I think the habs will close it out in style tonight.

Last edited:
Also doing the same with Montreal that I did with Pittsburgh last night: betting several units on Montreal ML and will chase it if they lose.

Man this isnt looking good at all. Im having one of these days. All the baseball picks I tailed lost as well.

Horrible night last night. I took the rangers yesterday at 2.050. Its down a bit now.

Friday pick: New York Rangers ML 1.990

10-13 (+0.51)

Saturday Pick

Eventhough 6 of my losses are from this series, Im going there again, Koivu and Bouillon will be back for tonight. And I dont think Price will allow more than one goal.

Montreal Canadiens -0.5 2.400
Montreal Canadiens -1.5 3.550

GL Everyone :shake:

Gonna also take the Habs here buddy, did not know those two were back in the lineup, but i figure getting away from MTL will do us good for a win here, and we own them, so lets do it one more time,

The thing I hate about the Habs situation, is this: series in any playoff sport have a kind of energy flow patterns they "subscribe to", and the way this series has gone - after the game 5 result came in - immediately reminded me of the 05-06 SC finals:

CAR won game 1 & 2 at home: 1 by a large margin, 1 by 1 goal (same for MON)

EDM won game 3 at home by 1 (same for BOS)

CAR won game 4 away by 1 (same for MON)

Game 5 CAR at home, everyone expecting CAR to wrap up the cup, EDM pull off a huge upset (exactly what BOS did to MON)

Game 6 CAR on the road, noone was "fooled" by EDM's win, expected CAR to wrap up the cup, they didnt even show getting shut-out (that's MON situation tonight).

That SC finals series had an energy imprint basically identical to this series. EDM in the end was done by the superior goaltending of Ward, no doubt the same will happen here in the form of Price. but Ward was shaky games 5 & 6 of that series after a string of good games. That statement, word for word, could apply to Price minus & 6, but of course that's yet to be written.
I'd love to play the habs at this price considering BOS has 1 win in reg. in 5 games here, but then the exact same applied to Edmonton prior to dominant win of theirs in game 6 of that SC finals. I think the energy pattern has shifted in this series and I can't bet against it. BOL those who have/do.

Its frustrating I dont think Ive been wrong this many time on the habs all season, but I kind of agree BC from a betting standpoint.

I guess theres a tinge of truth to what Pat Burns once said of Montreal fans: Montreal fans at the beginning of the year see their team as too weak, and they see their team as too strong at the beginning of the playoffs.

10-15 (-1.49)

Series 2-1 (+1.04)

Ottawa 3.330 L
Calgary 3.840
Colorado 2.170 W
New York 1.870 W
Philadelphia 3.300

Sunday Pick

Calgary Flames ML 2.140 :cheers:

Waiting for the regulation numbers on Dallas and Detroit, Pinnacle doesnt have them at the moment.

Bummer about the flames, really had high hopes for them this year.

13-16 (+1.13)

Series 3-2 (+2.34)

Ottawa 3.330 L
Calgary 3.840 L
Colorado 2.170 W
New York 1.870 W
Philadelphia 3.300 W

Last edited:
Back