First round picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Im gonna follow Santa's lead and post first round stuff in the same thread.

Series

Ottawa 3.330
Calgary 3.840
Colorado 2.170
New York 1.870

The reason I like Ottawa is the price and that they have nothing to lose. And every once in a while late in the season, they showed flashes of domination, when the chips were down, they beat Toronto 8-2. Pittsburgh tanked the last game and chose to face the senators, those kinds of things often bite you in the ass.

I heard a few times over the season Keenan and Iginla say that the Flames werent built for regulation success but rather playoff success. They will turn it up a notch, whereas I think San Jose has already peeked. Flames have the best edge with goaltending.

If it isnt the habs in the finals, I think it might be the Rangers. And I got to give Colorado the edge with the experience they have. Theodore is having a good year, he is playing for a contract.

Wednesday Picks

Calgary Flames ML 2.780 :shake:
New York Rangers ML 2.100 :cheers:

Thursday Picks

Tim Thomas has been snakebit by the habs, and this is his first playoffs and hes old, so nerves may be an issue, not going to help that hes going to play in a tough building. Komisarek will be back. The habs will be flying. Bruins may keep other games close though where the puckline may be difficult.

Montreal Canadiens -1.5 2.580 :shake:

BOL tonight...

no totals for you?

i thguoht i was still sleeping but bookies have the total set @ 4.5 i think this game stays under 5.5 but i'm not too sure of a 4.5...maybe 3-2? i personally thought it'd be 5,

BOL tonight...

no totals for you?

i thguoht i was still sleeping but bookies have the total set @ 4.5 i think this game stays under 5.5 but i'm not too sure of a 4.5...maybe 3-2? i personally thought it'd be 5,

No totals for me, dont know if you noticed but i kinda suck at those:hang:

Everywhere on the internet and on tv, I dont see too many that think the sens can do it:seeya:

Already got the habs on the puckline tonight, I was looking at the Ducks/Stars game and Thursday is Gigueres best day of the week and its Turco's worst day. Dallas will miss Zubov. I like the Ducks to shut down the stars tonight.

Anaheim Ducks -0.5 2.030 :cheers:

Man that Anaheim game really went the other way. Thought Dallas would miss Zubov on the PP and the stars score 4 pp goals.

So far 3-1 (+3.46)

Friday Pick: took a while, I was battling a virus on my computer.

Minnesota cant seem to win in the playoffs. They'll probably feel some pressure, and I like the more experienced Avalanche to sit back and sting the wild.

Colorado Avalanche ML 2.200 :shake:

3-2 (+2.46)

Saturday Picks

Montreal Canadiens -0.5 1.813
Montreal Canadiens -1.5 2.470
Nashville Predators ML 3.480 :cheers:

Thanks guys. I added a series bet. Good value with Philadelphia one game down. So now the series look like this. Unless a miracle happens, the Ottawa one is going to the crapper.

Series

Ottawa 3.330
Calgary 3.840
Colorado 2.170
New York 1.870
Philadelphia 3.300

May as well put these in now.

Sunday Picks

Philadelphia Flyers ML 2.400
New Jersey Devils ML 2.500:shake:

I wasnt going to play Montreal today, when I first looked at the series, I figured if there was a game they could lose itd be this one. But last night Boston played as good as they could play and Montreal played a bad game and yet Boston still lost. Its a tradition dating back years and years with boston- its Montreal that really has to suck for them to win. And I expect a much better effort from the habs tonight, especially the Kovalev line. And the price is too nice to pass up especially for a team that has won 10 straight this year.

Montreal Canadiens -0.5 2.400
Montreal Canadiens -1.5 3.490 :cheers:

Very nice with Philly and New Jersey........I saw your original thoughts about Boston and passed on the Habs tonight. Guess there is a saying somewhere about gut instinct. Keep it rolling Cat! :cheers:

What a comeback in Calgary...0-3 down and Kipper on the bench after allowing 3 on 5 shots then CuJo takes over, shuts them down and CGY scores 4 unanswered goals.

All I can say is: WOW.

Great work Flames.

Very nice with Philly and New Jersey........I saw your original thoughts about Boston and passed on the Habs tonight. Guess there is a saying somewhere about gut instinct. Keep it rolling Cat! :cheers:

Youre right about that. Habs better wake up next game though. They been outshot two straight games and give life to a team that psychologically thought that they couldnt win. Ill be chasing the habs next game.

What a comeback in Calgary...0-3 down and Kipper on the bench after allowing 3 on 5 shots then CuJo takes over, shuts them down and CGY scores 4 unanswered goals.

All I can say is: WOW.

Great work Flames.

I had a little on the flames just in case and thinking Id double it on Tuesday. I dont know if San Jose can recover from this.

get it done tonight!! spezza is doubtful for tonight =) and the sens continue to disappoint

Im not going to play anything tonight except for a little play on Nashville.

Tuesday Picks

Philadelphia Flyers -0.5 2.360
Montreal Canadiens -0.5 2.440
Calgary Flames ML 2.200 :shake:

I also got some puckline on the habs and flyers. Good luck to everyone tonight.

Actually, I'm not dumping pucks for basketball, but I'll probably have to abandon them a little bit as I go back on the road for Obama.

=(

Back