Finals discussion thread

ArizonaKid

Pretty much a regular
Spurs vs Heat

opening series line I see is Spurs -145 which is higher than I expected.

Like the Spurs in a big revenge situation.

Finals reverting back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format which I believe is a nice little break for the Heat because it's tough to win all 3 of the middle games and it's a big advantage to have games 6 and 7 on your homecourt.

My Prediction: Spurs in 7

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: linesHeader, colspan: 3"]BA Basketball[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"] [/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"]Money Line[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"] [/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader, colspan: 2"] [/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs - Final - Series Price - Best of Seven</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Thu 6/5[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]891 Miami Heat (Series)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +105 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]9:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]892 San Antonio Spurs (Series)[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -125 [/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I'm amazed that Spurs are favorites.
I thought it would be about the same odds, but the other way around.

Can't believe it won't be at least evens, if not Heat favorites by first game tip off...

I also think that there is a decent chance the series will be heading to Miami, tied 1 - 1, so if you believe in the Spurs, see no reason for early bets here.

Im shocked the Spurs are favored. They looked like a team that was 90 years old. No way they win this series without a healthy Parker.

Parker injury is smoke and mirrors. Westbrook was running him ragged and risking a possible serious injury given Frenchie's older status. Pops saw this, put in the young bucks at guard and won the series.

West > East would warrant Spurs favoritism. Heats' run to the Finals was laughable.

[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - THU 6/5[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 6/5[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]701[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Miami Heat[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+3.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.490[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 198.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]06:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]702[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-3.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.606[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 198.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Honestly, I can't imagine Spurs losing Game 1 and winning the series.

The home crowd will be super hyped, Duncan talking about revenge, Spurs talking about home floor.

All of it would mean nothing if they will lose in Game 1 (and lose HCA that way).

The 2-2-1-1-1 format means the Spurs could lose Game 1 and still win the series.

So BAR are you going to post some winners ....I know you can ....Not this team total player props stuff..That works no doubt , but dammit WTF happened to your balls and picking a side .. ...Back in the days you ran NBA forums ...BIG AL RENO was your name not BAR ...Fuck only thing holding up this area is EMKEE...we GOT so many talking heads in the discussion theads ....I dont need opinions im here for winners ....Post them u fuckers , quit discussing shit like girls and lets make some money ....Unless u got a speedsheet or some algorythmthing ama jig shit i cant copy your opinion, its not teachable and therefore i dont need a thread of opinion ....just a winning play so spit it out ...You all remember sportsnut dude could tell you everything you wanted to knw about a matchup except who would win ....lol ...peace out fuckers

None of this is easy ...But damn this site was started buy some real good gamblers, winners ...Now they all hidding behind a desk....lol....They dont even play the game the promote anymore ....

So BAR are you going to post some winners ....I know you can ....Not this team total player props stuff..That works no doubt , but dammit WTF happened to your balls and picking a side .. ...Back in the days you ran NBA forums ...BIG AL RENO was your name not BAR ...Fuck only thing holding up this area is EMKEE...we GOT so many talking heads in the discussion theads ....I dont need opinions im here for winners ....Post them u fuckers , quit discussing shit like girls and lets make some money ....Unless u got a speedsheet or some algorythmthing ama jig shit i cant copy your opinion, its not teachable and therefore i dont need a thread of opinion ....just a winning play so spit it out ...You all remember sportsnut dude could tell you everything you wanted to knw about a matchup except who would win ....lol ...peace out fuckers

Hell yeah Rich D....that is passion right there.

:shake:

Rich won't like it but
spurs tt over 51
2nd qtr over 49
3rd qtr spurs -1

Last edited:
Damn series price went higher on the Spurs so gonna have to pass.

game 1 1st Half under 100

Spurs win in 7 +300
Manu Ginobili wins MVP +1025 (small)

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - The air conditioning is on again inside the San Antonio Spurs' arena.

Spurs Sports and Entertainment announced Friday that the outage that affected Game 1 of the NBA Finals between San Antonio and Miami has been repaired.

Officials say the system at AT&T Center has been tested and is ''fully operational.''

Temperatures rose into the mid-80s inside the arena during Game 1, which the Spurs won 110-95. Heat star LeBron James left the game with 3:59 left after cramping in the heat, and both teams said conditions were difficult to play.

Game 2 is Sunday night. A concert is to be held in the arena Friday, and a WNBA game on Saturday.

Although the San Antonio Spurs defeated the Miami Heat 110-95 in Game 1 of the 2014 NBA Finals on Thursday, most of the post-game discussion involved the sauna-like conditions at the AT&T Center. In a bizarre occurrence, the arena’s air conditioning malfunctioned causing the game to be played at extreme temperatures.
Perhaps this explains why LeBron James was forced to leave the game in the fourth quarter due to cramping. With King James on the bench, the Spurs went on a late 31-9 run en route to a blowout victory — but how will LeBron and his Heat teammates bounce back from this trying defeat?
Since taking his talents to South Beach in 2010, the Heat have gone 49-33 against the spread (ATS) during the playoffs including a 9-6 mark in Game 2′s. It was also just a few weeks ago that we published an article detailing how favorites had been extremely profitable following a blowout loss during the NBA playoffs, which got us thinking: Could the Heat be undervalued after Thursday’s 15-point loss?
Using our Bet Labs software, we decided to examine how the Heat had fared following a playoff loss. We know that the betting public tends to overreach to recent trends, so our philosophy is always to buy on bad news and sell on good.
[TABLE="class: tablepress tablepress-id-150 dataTable"]
<thead> [TR="class: row-1 odd"]
[TH="class: column-1 sorting, colspan: 1"] Criteria
[/TH]
[TH="class: column-2 sorting, colspan: 1"] ATS Record
[/TH]
[TH="class: column-3 sorting, colspan: 1"] Units Won
[/TH]
[TH="class: column-4 sorting, colspan: 1"] ROI
[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead> <tbody role="alert" class="row-hover">[TR="class: row-2 even"]
[TD="class: column-1"]After Playoff Loss[/TD]
[TD="class: column-2"]18-7[/TD]
[TD="class: column-3"]+10.35[/TD]
[TD="class: column-4"]41.4%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row-3 odd"]
[TD="class: column-1"]After Playoff Loss of 11+[/TD]
[TD="class: column-2"]10-0[/TD]
[TD="class: column-3"]+9.70[/TD]
[TD="class: column-4"]97%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row-4 even"]
[TD="class: column-1"]On the Road After Loss[/TD]
[TD="class: column-2"]10-3[/TD]
[TD="class: column-3"]+6.71[/TD]
[TD="class: column-4"]51.6%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row-5 odd"]
[TD="class: column-1"]After Game 1 Loss[/TD]
[TD="class: column-2"]5-0[/TD]
[TD="class: column-3"]+4.87[/TD]
[TD="class: column-4"]97.3%[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

As you can see, the Heat have been excellent following a loss which falls in line with our past research regarding the NBA Zig-Zag Theory. Those impressive returns are only heightened when we examine losses of at least 11 points as the Heat have gone 10-0 ATS following a blowout loss.
If this situation feels a bit familiar, that’s because it’s quite similar to last year’s NBA Finals. Although the first two games were played in Miami, San Antonio won Game 1 92-88 before Miami bounced back with a 103-84 victory in Game 2.

In a bizarre occurrence, the arena’s air conditioning malfunctioned causing the game to be played at extreme temperatures. Perhaps this explains why LeBron James was forced to leave the game in the fourth quarter due to cramping.

I never thought of this!

In the third quarter of game one the Spurs committed 9 turnovers and the Heat made 5 three-pointers. The Heat led by 4 points at the end of the quarter.

Back