FINAL OFFICIAL 2008-2009 Bowl Matchups

SN, I know your high on Oklahoma..right?

Basically . I did fade them though vs Mizzou. I had the discussion somewhere before the Sat games that the best of the BiG 12 was at least a FG fav vs the SEC. So thats why I expected at least -3 thought the game yetserday may have added to that .:shake:

well them opening at -1.5 and then moving to -3 at the hilton tells me a lot.

Suprised they open them so low . I guess the fact that Mizssouri got no respect coming in and well Bama was undefeated and it took the perfect storm late to win and cover ....

Would you elaborate?

High rollers JP..the runners of the big timers moved that line at the hotel...moved it 1.5 points..from -1.5 to -3..then the books offshore adjusted and set it UF -3..

I dunno..I don't know if I trust Pryor yet.

Gotta look at that one more closely.

I dunno..I don't know if I trust Pryor yet.

Gotta look at that one more closely.

Agree . Was just thinking about who texas was favored against and well its wasnt really fav by DD over a quality team that I recall. Except Okie State and that was a close game .....

Really love Bama th emore I think about it ...

So what you're saying is that it was all a ploy to pull out the early OU money on a bad line. So now they're locked in at -1/-3 and they can't bet it back because they flipped it so fast to Florida -3?

Maybe. If so, you're right, that would be s**tty of them.

Ok I think I am confusing people..and I apologize...

OKLAHOMA OPENED as a -1.5 fav. in Vegas.

STEAM moved it to -3.0 at the HILTON.

OFFSHORES, specifically BM, turned around and set the line at -3.0 for FLORIDA.

It's just interesting is all.

I shitted on Texas a few times and the real CFB guys who know the team well really said it best when their approach and playcalling vs A&M was terrible. They were satisfied with that as an offensive approach and I said it all year the really are not a high powered offense . They really werent breaking 42++ very often and usually vs the weakest of weak. FG kicking inconsistent and some turnover issues just tough to like them vs good teams IMO laying more then a TD..:shake:

Ok I think I am confusing people..and I apologize...

OKLAHOMA OPENED as a -1.5 fav. in Vegas.

STEAM moved it to -3.0 at the HILTON.

OFFSHORES, specifically BM, turned around and set the line at -3.0 for FLORIDA.

It's just interesting is all.

Not really confusing Hunt. I was unaware that bookmaker had it at UF -3 just saw someone say OU -3 earlier ...

Makes sense to me .

So looks like FLA is the sexy public favorite then....

So what you're saying is that it was all a ploy to pull out the early OU money on a bad line. So now they're locked in at -1/-3 and they can't bet it back because they flipped it so fast to Florida -3?

Maybe. If so, you're right, that would be s**tty of them.

In a way, yeah.

Col State in a bowl game ?? Seriously?? 6-6 with a FG home win vs Sac State to make it 500?? Mix in @ Wyoming , @ SDST by 4 and UNLV? Solid win vs Houston but tough spot for Cougars . NMex with its starting QB out as well...

Thats a resume? Fresno is not much better but this is sad(at least @ RU , @ Toledo silly win over Michigan and @ UCLA plus FG loss to Wisky at home) . Whats this the I am gonna be flipping burgers bowl? Thats about the only bowl that except Col State resume and would rather see ULL then them ..

Col State in a bowl game ?? Seriously?? 6-6 with a FG home win vs Sac State to make it 500?? Mix in @ Wyoming , @ SDST by 4 and UNLV? Solid win vs Houston but tough spot for Cougars . NMex with its starting QB out as well...

Thats a resume? Fresno is not much better but this is sad(at least @ RU , @ Toledo silly win over Michigan and @ UCLA plus FG loss to Wisky at home) . Whats this the I am gonna be flipping burgers bowl? Thats about the only bowl that except Col State resume and would rather see ULL then them ..

Already read in the New Mexico papers that the excitement level locally is below 0. Doubt they get anywhere near filling up half the stadium

Already read in the New Mexico papers that the excitement level locally is below 0. Doubt they get anywhere near filling up half the stadium

It's the present you get for the neighbor you hate . Just scratch out the 4.99 price on it and they will be gone from your life forever.

Looks like there were 72 bowl eligible teams for 68 spots if my math is right.

SJSU, Ark State, ULL, and Bowling Green are out of luck.

Think you are correct thats what I recall 72 tesms fighting for 68 spots...BGreen over CSU everyday of the week though ...

The following teams will all be playing within their own state:

12/20 Navy
12/20 South Florida

12/24 Hawaii

12/26 Central Michigan

12/27 Florida St
12/27 Cal
12/27 North Carolina

12/28 La Tech

12/30 Rice

12/31 Houston
12/31 Vanderbilt
12/31 Georgia Tech

1/1 USC

1/2 Texas Tech

1/8 Florida

15 freakin' home games for bowls....immediate leans this way in every one of these games.

Last edited:
it's only going to get higher IMO SN.

I only jump early when I see the possibility of losing a key number . Otherwise I am patient .

What did you think of the Sat game ? We had opposing sides so what did you see . From my standpoint I got what I expected just enough to cover think 31-17 was my predicted score. Gators probably worked a tad harder then I expected on offense and ran way to much up the gut IMO . While Gator defense performed a tad worse then expected ..

I'll be waiting to see how the other Big 12 schools perform in their bowl games. If their offenses are not as potent as what we saw in during the regular season I will certainly play Fla large up to 7-.

I only jump early when I see the possibility of losing a key number . Otherwise I am patient .

What did you think of the Sat game ? We had opposing sides so what did you see . From my standpoint I got what I expected just enough to cover think 31-17 was my predicted score. Gators probably worked a tad harder then I expected on offense and ran way to much up the gut IMO . While Gator defense performed a tad worse then expected ..

Actually, Gator defense made some huge stops in the 2nd half, and Tebow just could not be denied in the 4th. I really thought Bama was going to win the game in the beginning of the fourth, they were dominating them with mostly play action to tight end..they had the lead, but then they jsut kind of folded like a tent.

Florida showed me some resiliency by winning that game...especially Tebow.

I really think if Bama had another go to option and JPW didn't revert back to his old ways they would have won.

You can run on UF...up the middle especially. Passes over the middle work as well, which OU likes to do.

Having said that..OU's ability to wrap up and tackle concersn me, as well as their poor special teams coverage. Brandon James is the truth, guy never goes down on first hit.

BUT..OU will score..but if it comes down to key plays I like UF...When they blitzed JPW with safeties and CB's (which I was afraid of) they were very effective...can Bradford get rid of the ball quicky if blitzed like that? He didn't against Texas and UF is faster than Texas on defense.

Tough game.

Actually, Gator defense made some huge stops in the 2nd half, and Tebow just could not be denied in the 4th. I really thought Bama was going to win the game in the beginning of the fourth, they were dominating them with mostly play action to tight end..they had the lead, but then they jsut kind of folded like a tent.

Florida showed me some resiliency by winning that game...especially Tebow.

I really think if Bama had another go to option and JPW didn't revert back to his old ways they would have won.

You can run on UF...up the middle especially. Passes over the middle work as well, which OU likes to do.

Having said that..OU's ability to wrap up and tackle concersn me, as well as their poor special teams coverage. Brandon James is the truth, guy never goes down on first hit.

BUT..OU will score..but if it comes down to key plays I like UF...When they blitzed JPW with safeties and CB's (which I was afraid of) they were very effective...can Bradford get rid of the ball quicky if blitzed like that? He didn't against Texas and UF is faster than Texas on defense.

Tough game.

They kept them out of the end zone the 2nd time and forced the punt but really Bama only had 3 touches in the 2nd H. Plus they are only IMO medicore on offense . They also thrive on momentum on offense . Usually it was trunovers from the defense but you could see Bama would get spark and then look great until FLA could get some momentum them back .

Thing with FLA when it came to execution they made some nice plays at the right time. I mean falling down and you catch a 3rd down TD on theor first drive? Huge if theyhold to them 3 pts the way FLA gashed them until they got inside the 10 yd line. I thought all along Bama's defense was beatable because of the games @ LSU and @ Tenny so really no suprise . I thought Saban was to comfortable settling at times and thinking his defense will be able to stop them.

Thought you could run well on FLA ig you went up the gut and / or to the right side .

Special teams is a concern but like how OU's defense played vs Missouri and even Texas Tech . Thought FLA was not very good at tackling in space either.

Think the game vs Texas again just boiled down to momentum . Texas came in with no one believeing they could win and they hung around untul the 4th Quarter . OU loses a key defender and just seems to unravel. Bradford was 28/39 387yds 5 TDs vs Texas and he did fast a good TCU defense ....

Thanks ..:shake:

I'm gonna try to control myself and not tie up too much of my account in bets tonight that won't be settled for another month. That's always been a mistake I've made in the past. I want the money available for the last 3 weeks of the NFL season and college bball.

I guess, the question is, which lines are urgent to bet soon? I don't think OU +3 is. We can reasonably guess that the public will bet Florida at both 2.5 and 3 and so they will keep that line buoyant. I don't think we'll see 3.5 though. I really think that game is lined perfectly for even action.

IMO, the only "get them now lines" are Utah +11 and tOSU +11 if you like those sides. We'll see what happens though.

Bama also started inside their 20 yd line 5 x as opposed to twice for FLA . Who started usually at their 31 or better ..

FLA started at their 31 or better at least 6 times more if you count the last possession and Bama only twice started past their 31 and just 4x past the 25 ..

I'm gonna try to control myself and not tie up too much of my account in bets tonight that won't be settled for another month. That's always been a mistake I've made in the past. I want the money available for the last 3 weeks of the NFL season and college bball.

I guess, the question is, which lines are urgent to bet soon? I don't think OU +3 is. We can reasonably guess that the public will bet Florida at both 2.5 and 3 and so they will keep that line buoyant. I don't think we'll see 3.5 though. I really think that game is lined perfectly for even action.

IMO, the only "get them now lines" are Utah +11 and tOSU +11 if you like those sides. We'll see what happens though.

Agree. I always say that if you dont like a game at the closing line then you shouldnt like it all . Of course I rather Have +7 or +7.5 then +6 or in the above cases +11 rather then +10-120 or something.

Good stuff SN...

Kinda reminds me of last year when everyone thought OU would roll WVU and that WVU had no defense...just my weird analogy.

Good stuff SN...

Kinda reminds me of last year when everyone thought OU would roll WVU and that WVU had no defense...just my weird analogy.

Thats okay I make a tons of odd analogys to relate things . Its early its hard to say about all the little things ..:shake:

deleting jpicks posts for line value....

I was way off , TCU -2

What did you delete? I guess it was the convo about the TCU line? What did you think it was going to be at Mike? Interested to see where this goes. You have to think that those who don't watch a ton of football would love BSU in this one. Nevermind. Going to start a MWC thread so we can discuss in there w/out clogging this thing up. You can delete this one to Kyle. :)

Back