February 2014 In-Game

I'll be at the USA friendly today, I think there is some value in the over, played it at +124

United cost me a perfect day.....oy

A few more plays for today
Club America -1.25 at +105
Gonna play o2.5 in the Sevilla/Malaga derby
both full bets. Also a little on Sevilla to win outright

Have a nice Saturday :cheers:

Milan were all over them the last 20 minutes or so. Goal is coming. Torino can certainly score on the counter too.

BFqWOPh.jpg

Trying to be a bit(only a little) more selective,it hasnt been working lol
anyway,betting City tonight..... of course missing Aguero is a little worrying but not like they are short upfront.
I think they a far better team,council house will be bouncing tonight.

Seems to me odds just begging you to play City.
City 11-0-0 at home with a +34 Goal differential
Only -109 at home. Seems dodgy if you ask me.
I don't so much worry about Arguero's absence, as City has plenty of players capable of putting the ball in the old onion sack. Just seems to me, line should be closer to -140/-150 ffs. Something not seem right, which just leads me to believe a lot of smart money is on Chelsea at least being able to keep it close.
Hate both of these teams loads, wouldn't mind a lot of injuries.
Gonna wait a bit before figuring out what to play here. City score for fun at home, averaging close to 4gpg.

Seems to me odds just begging you to play City.
City 11-0-0 at home with a +34 Goal differential
Only -109 at home. Seems dodgy if you ask me.
I don't so much worry about Arguero's absence, as City has plenty of players capable of putting the ball in the old onion sack. Just seems to me, line should be closer to -140/-150 ffs. Something not seem right, which just leads me to believe a lot of smart money is on Chelsea at least being able to keep it close.
Hate both of these teams loads, wouldn't mind a lot of injuries.
Gonna wait a bit before figuring out what to play here. City score for fun at home, averaging close to 4gpg.

Same feeling I had, think line should be higher

That's the other angle you can look at. How many people won't bet City just because the line seems too low?

Lads,it doesnt work like that.You just have it ingrained in you that the books know more than you,and I can tell you that is not the case 99% of the time.

I'd be on City in a heartbeat. You can just see that it's keeping a few people just on this board second guessing..

Lads,it doesnt work like that.You just have it ingrained in you that the books know more than you,and I can tell you that is not the case 99% of the time.

ManchesterUK that's such a great observation. I think the first thought that I have when a line is "too low" or "too high" is to be skeptical of the line and wonder if the book is trying to entice more action in a certain direction.

I don't want to sound ignorant but is that not the mentality in the UK or elsewhere?

You guys have legalize sports gambling down the block so I would think your perspective could be slightly different than ours in the states (unless you live in Vegas).

I don't want to sound ignorant but is that not the mentality in the UK or elsewhere?

Absolutely not,couldnt be further from anyones mind.
We(in general) price a game in our mind and bet the price which is off,whereas over there you look to be on the opposite side,its absurd.
But I would never,on here,teach my grandma too suck eggs.

Look at it this way,if Chelsea were 12/1(silly I know) tonight,who would you bet ?
Id be on Chelsea without a seconds thought.

But,as you said in your last sentence,which I think is the most pertinent point in this debate ever.
In American,betting sports is treated like some of voodoo magic and frowned upon as some sort of underground world,where linesmakers have some unique ability to influence the outcome of games.

I guarantee you that teed knows more about Tottenham football than the oddsmaker for stanjames,and Guv knows more about the Bucs than 5dimes linemaker.

Hello BTW :hello:

The one huge difference is;
A line maker is getting 11/10 to be right,a punter is betting 10/11 he is right,there is the problem.

Back