Feb. 18th, '09

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
So far I've played:

Heat -9.5 -- Wade seems happy with the trade. Minny has to be pretty demoralized already. Down 19, come back and still lost be 8 to the Wiz. Really don't see why this isn't a 20 point win for the Heat even breaking in O'Neal. Hope the guys from Minnesota enjoyed the warm Miami weather last night. :)

76ers +2.5/+120 -- Played the Pacers last night based on them getting a short line against a Philly team that they've taken to the wire twice in Philly this year. Nothing to do with Philly. Tonight seems like the perfect spot for Philly to return the favor that was delivered by Indy. Small home dog who has played extremely well in this spot. Going back to mid November the Sixers are 7-1 ATS when they are getting less than 4 and also giving less than 4 points at home. When close games are expected at their place they tend to take care of business.

Won't be around until later with any adds, but will be looking to play the Suns, Bobcats, Grizzlies, Hawks, and Warriors.

J love the heat play, I caught most of the game last night and this team is clearly a team with no identity. Kevin Love was the only guy that even remotely went for a rebound. I have no idea how this team can respond in a positive way. They battled back, to only lose by 8. I know its O'neals first game in Miami, but Minnesota is unlikely to have an answer for him. Miami's biggest hurdle was teams with big men, but Minny obviously doesnt have one. Unless Minny gets hot from 3, I see no way they cover this number. They just lost to easily the worst playing team this year by 8, doubt it stays close for very long.

Thanks guys.

Added the warriors at plus five and the grizzlies getting 11.5

Was hoping for 3/3.5 with the cats. Probably going to pass. Still some others that are worth a 2nd look

Gave in and played the cats -5. Ill have thoughts on that one when I get to a computer as I see some love for the pacers in the discussion thread

Shit forgot I owe a w/up on the Cats play. Got lost in Sammy's gangsta life over in GD.

Make that 4 people that I've seen now on the Pacers that I'd rather not be against. It is what it is.

At first I was hoping for a 3 or 3.5 with Charlotte but upon a second look I can see why the line is where it is and still moving. The Bobcats have not won a home game by less than 5 points ALL YEAR. They are either going to win SU or lose this sucker. They've been playing extremely well at home this year and Larry Brown has them playing excellent ball. They've won 8 of their L10 road games including wins over Portland, Boston, Phoenix and a 2 point loss to the Spurs.

Indiana on the other hand has lost 10 of their last 11 road games including their last two @MLW and @WAS. This is a team that I'd almost take points with against anybody in the league at home, but they are a completely different story once they hit the road. They honestly struggled to beat the Cats at home in January winning by 5.

I think Charlotte is every bit as good as the Pacers and with such big differences in home/road values with the two teams 5 seems like a completely acceptable # here. Main scare here is that the Cats could be looking forward to getting the Magic on their home court in to seek revenge for last night's overtime loss.

Not my favorite of the day, but still worthy of a play to me.

Back