Favre DONE - F'n Quitter

Green Bay fans should be kissing his feet for his years of service not bad mouthing him

He's treating the organization like shit right now and it will push GB back years. I appreciate everything he's done for the organization but right now he's not helping it. He's an ex-employee and I doubt you'll see any of that dedication to the fans in the future.

He's treating the organization like shit right now and it will push GB back years. I appreciate everything he's done for the organization but right now he's not helping it. He's an ex-employee and I doubt you'll see any of that dedication to the fans in the future.

it's not like he's retiring 2 weeks before the season starts... and this shouldn't have been too much of a shock to management, they have plenty of time to get a top qb.

guys that walk away in their prime like barry sanders or tiki barber fans can be mad at.... well the nyg fans aren't tooo sad about tiki now!

could be worse ... you could have rex grossman, marty booker, mark bradley and cedric benson.

and needing ...

2 safeties
1 DT
2 WR
1 RB
1 QB
1 G
1 T

gonna miss grey beard. was fearless and played like a kid. :tiphat:

All you guys that say he is overrated I somewhat agree to an extent. For all the praise he gets he doesnt deserve some of it. He has had some real horseshit games and Smoke listed most of them however look what he has had to work with over his whole career.

Out of all the top QB's in NFL history Favre has had the least weapons to work with and thats not even debatable. You could seriously argue that he has never had a true #1 WR minus Sharpe and he had him for only 1.5 years I believe. Driver is really not a #1 in this league. you could say his best weapon ever was Mark frickin Chumara. I would be lobbying my ass off to for Randy Moss. Thats the only reason I would argue he is one of the best 5 of all time. He broke every single meaningful passing record with by far the least talent around him. Its really a shame what Ron Wolf surrounded him with throughout his prime years.

its debatable no doubt but I think he still is with all the weapons he has now a top 5 QB. Not to make this into this kind of topic but Its really a toss up after the 2.

1.Brady
2.Manning

3.Roethlisberger
4.Favre
5.Palmer
6.McNabb
7.Romo
8.Eli

mine ... ;)

1. brady
2. peyton
3. big ben
4. (favre)
5. garrard
6. romo
7. brees
8. palmer
9. cutler

All you guys that say he is overrated I somewhat agree to an extent. For all the praise he gets he doesnt deserve some of it. He has had some real horseshit games and Smoke listed most of them however look what he has had to work with over his whole career.

Out of all the top QB's in NFL history Favre has had the least weapons to work with and thats not even debatable. You could seriously argue that he has never had a true #1 WR minus Sharpe and he had him for only 1.5 years I believe. Driver is really not a #1 in this league. you could say his best weapon ever was Mark frickin Chumara. I would be lobbying my ass off to for Randy Moss. Thats the only reason I would argue he is one of the best 5 of all time. He broke every single meaningful passing record with by far the least talent around him. Its really a shame what Ron Wolf surrounded him with throughout his prime years.

I just think he shoulda retired about 7 years ago...

The problem is all his 'horseshit games' ended their seasons...

And Donovan McNabb would murder his mother to play with half the receivers Favre got to play with...

I can't believe some of you. Fondy, how exactly has what Favre done/how he has handled this situation affected the Packers and their future? Favre gave a timetable this year didn't he? And he followed it didn't he? Correct me if I am wrong please. Yes, in pass years he might have handled it poorly but he came back and performed strong for the most part. It's not like you guys had another choice. Some of you are bad mouthing Rodgers. Did you want him to start last year then if Favre retired? It's the same thing. And Rodgers looked pretty solid against the Cowboys this past season. I love Favre, even as a Bears fan. I was mad to see him perform so poorly in Chicago in his final game against the Bears now. I still am confused as how Favre has contributed to the possible downfall of this team?

Thank you Goop for bringing an actual decent opinion on this whole thing. I still dont understand Fondys reasoning for hating on Favre. IMO he really hasnt done anything to hurt the franchise. Its not like the Packers are a huge Free agent player anyways so hes not hurting them that way the last 3 years. there is no doubt he deserves to go out his own way and I dont like this expression but he has "earned" the right to think it over. And totally disagree with anybody who is saying he is holding the Packers hostage or whatever. Thats just a moron statement I think

The Packers had their guy in Rodgers two years ago and the Packers still have their guy in Rodgers right now to be the QB. He will be given every chance to win and it's his job to lose. They will probably bring in a veteran. I wonder if they draft a guy, that'd be interesting. I laughed at Rodgers when he came out of college but he looked great that game against the Cowboys, a game the Packers needed to win. With Favre retiring, the offense is affected yes but they have the playmakers to overcome this. How did he negate this team by his actions of retiring, meaning the way he handled it? Packers have done everything right in rebuilding the team through the draft and they are going to be a force to reckon with in the NFC North now for the next several years. As the Bears are moving backwards, the Packers and Vikings are bullying forward.

a question:

what is favres contract situation?

if he wanted to come back this year, is he a free agent or did he have years left on his deal??

And major thumbs down to the title of this thread. Brett Favre is far from a quitter and might be the greatest competitor of all time. LMAO.

ya goop i completely agree. people badmouth favre for sticking around these last few years saying he should just let rodgers come in and play. imagine what rodgers woulda went through those down years a few years back? everyone woulda been shitting all over him saying he cant hold favres jock (which is understandable), but with favre essentially taking the bullet during those years rodgers didnt have to. now with favre walking away with a solid team it certainly give rodgers a great chance to be successful. ive never had any problem with favre's decision.

I had a discussion over the weekend and this came up:

If Favre would have retired earlier, would Green Bay have went after Derek Anderson? Also, according to the contract terms it seems Anderson's deal may only be truly a 1 year deal. I think GB gives "Constantine" one year to see what he can do. And then they might make a play on Anderson.

Why do people think Anderson is so fucking easy to get? The Browns are not just going to give him up. They kinda like him too.

Back