Fantasy Football What Are We Learning

Hamstring injuries are a real bitch
Insiders are often wrong.
Rookie quarterbacks seem to be full of potential, they just can take time to bloom
Look for kickers on teams that don’t like being aggressive on 4th down, on teams that are good enough to go downfield but bad enough to be less than efficient in the red zone
Guessing touch distribution is hard, clearly established guys are just going to be much more reliable.

Great point on kickers

Davante under new staff so much more productive. I absolutely stole him in a trade this week.
I have Jakobi and AOC is absolutely killing him. He won't even look his way until the 2nd half.

This has been an unusual year for rookie TEs. Usually, their rookie season is a redshirt of sorts but LaPorta and Kincaid have breathed new life into the position.

Fantasy experts are OFTEN wrong. Back to back weeks this year they had players unloading FAAB on RBs that did little (Kelley and Demarcado).

Stroud has been the exception, not the rule, on rookie QBs. Amazing season saver.

I've found five leagues are too many. In one league I needed a big game from Steph Diggs to have a chance to win, and in another I needed a poor game from Steph Diggs to have a chance to win. That shit screws your head up.

I also can't remember so many unplayable passing games or such small number of regularly usable WRs on teams. How many teams have two viable starting WRs?

Miami, Houston (recently), Minnesota, San Fran, Philly, Seattle, Rams, Jacksonville, Tampa, Cincy (although not lately), Indy (barely). And that's about it. Another 21 have 1 usable guy, and the Giants have none at all. That's at most 41 guys in weeks with no injuries, no byes. If you're playing 12 team 3 WR + flex its a fight to get a lineup you feel great about.

I have Jakobi and AOC is absolutely killing him. He won't even look his way until the 2nd half.

This has been an unusual year for rookie TEs. Usually, their rookie season is a redshirt of sorts but LaPorta and Kincaid have breathed new life into the position.

Fantasy experts are OFTEN wrong. Back to back weeks this year they had players unloading FAAB on RBs that did little (Kelley and Demarcado).

Stroud has been the exception, not the rule, on rookie QBs. Amazing season saver.

I've found five leagues are too many. In one league I needed a big game from Steph Diggs to have a chance to win, and in another I needed a poor game from Steph Diggs to have a chance to win. That shit screws your head up.

I also can't remember so many unplayable passing games or such small number of regularly usable WRs on teams. How many teams have two viable starting WRs?

Miami, Houston (recently), Minnesota, San Fran, Philly, Seattle, Rams, Jacksonville, Tampa, Cincy (although not lately), Indy (barely). And that's about it. Another 21 have 1 usable guy, and the Giants have none at all. That's at most 41 guys in weeks with no injuries, no byes. If you're playing 12 team 3 WR + flex its a fight to get a lineup you feel great about.
Your last point is why I enjoy 10 team leagues.

My main league, my receivers were...

ASB
Tank Dell
Nakua
Addison
Rice
London
D Johnson

RBs were

CMC
Warren
Connor

In a few trades I was able to turn ASB and Rice into...

Barkley
Adams

I hated losing the Sun God but I needed a second legit RB (despite Connor being back and Warren ascending each week).

Yes, the experts have had some horrific game week takes this year. That will certainly give you pause.

Another thing I want to point out with QB changes ..

Dobbs and Addison have very little connection. That is disappointing. Meanwhile, Hock owners + Mattison/Chandler owners are liking life a lot.

I think I'm in 8?

I don't even worry about opponent scenarios unless monday night, just set the best roster you can for yourself.

I know 0rb strategy is the big thing last like 5+ years but you can't find RBs on free agency every week where I can honestly find a WR to spot start every single week.

Slayton was a big one for me this week.

Shakir/Jam Williams were available in some too.

Also, jmo, but 10 team leagues take a lot less skill, as everyones team is good...give me a 12 teamer and let me try to out maneuver my opponents

For the most part people don’t know how to trade in fantasy football. They just don’t adjust their valuations quickly enough and don’t value winning a week.

And don’t counter!

Last edited:
For the most part people don’t know how to trade in fantasy football. They just don’t adjust their valuations quickly enough and don’t value winning a week.

And don’t counter!
Omg my work league...people are accepting trades where I think one side keeps getting fleeced.... I propose trades and I get radio silence and even tell them I'm willing to negotiate pieces/change shit... ridiculous

Omg my work league...people are accepting trades where I think one side keeps getting fleeced.... I propose trades and I get radio silence and even tell them I'm willing to negotiate pieces/change shit... ridiculous
There’s a guy in 10 team work league who had Miles Sanders, Dalvin Cook, and Perine as his RBs going into the year. I kept trying to trade him RBs bc he is so WR heavy and couldn’t play 2 of puka, Kupp, Olave, Diggs, And thielen!

He just ignored all offers and refused to even negotiate but he’s outside of the playoff picture so he gets what he deserves

Back