fanduel/draftkings week 7

The American Family Insurance Group hard at work. And I thought I fucked off at work a lot, hahaha, I love it!

I think it's very fun. If you only do 50/50s I think someone with a halfass amount of knowledge could showcase a profit. There are worse things to do with $200.

I'd rather just bet on player props. Not to mention there is a risk (small risk) the companies will be forced to freeze player funds.

I understand it works for some people but in my mind it involves a lot of research and even then you're relying on your entire team being better than 50% of others. Not worth the time and effort for me.

I think it's very fun. If you only do 50/50s I think someone with a halfass amount of knowledge could showcase a profit. There are worse things to do with $200.

50/50 are dicey, at the lower levels they are easy. However when you move up to $50 or $100, you get pros doing it. Last week I did a few $100 and there was chumps in there with 80 some entries and shit, on the damn double ups.

I'd rather just bet on player props. Not to mention there is a risk (small risk) the companies will be forced to freeze player funds.

I understand it works for some people but in my mind it involves a lot of research and even then you're relying on your entire team being better than 50% of others. Not worth the time and effort for me.

This is true, I put in my $250 at each site and considered it gone. Luckily now I am over $350 at each site. But it is a ton of work, and their systems for tracking games are horse shit compared to like fantasycast. I much prefer fantasy football with my friends, then this. However I wanted to try it and I will see it out for the year, and likely be done when season is.

The politics of this whole thing is ridiculous. This isn't gambling but me betting on Andrew luck over 2 passing TDs is gambling. Lol.

I don't see why anyone would play DFS when you can use the same strategy to bet on player props. Makes zero sense.

NBAFAN.

Well it is quite simple really.... Because it is a game of "skill" the other one is a game for cheats, con artists, and alcoholics....DUH

This is true, I put in my $250 at each site and considered it gone. Luckily now I am over $350 at each site. But it is a ton of work, and their systems for tracking games are horse shit compared to like fantasycast. I much prefer fantasy football with my friends, then this. However I wanted to try it and I will see it out for the year, and likely be done when season is.

You have to at least ride out the bonus, no?

The politics of this whole thing is ridiculous. This isn't gambling but me betting on Andrew luck over 2 passing TDs is gambling. Lol.

I don't see why anyone would play DFS when you can use the same strategy to bet on player props. Makes zero sense.

Agree 100%

It's hypocritical. Just like the fact that Alcohol is legal and marijuana is not. Alcohol is waaaaay worse than bud. Alcohol is as bad as heroin. How about betting on horses and lotto? But sports isn't legal?

The sportsinsights article has some good points but it's also something that they're doing for the first time and just making stuff up and hoping it sticks.

I really have no idea about when the %s are released. You'd figure the percentages of players picked would be somewhat the same for contests that lock on Thursday and those that lock on Sunday? I don't know

The sportsinsights article has some good points but it's also something that they're doing for the first time and just making stuff up and hoping it sticks.

I really have no idea about when the %s are released. You'd figure the percentages of players picked would be somewhat the same for contests that lock on Thursday and those that lock on Sunday? I don't know

yah its a fair assumption.

on DK i'm pretty sure players are editable until kickoff so only %'s for players playing on thursday night are available. I guess its not the same for Fan Duel.

Its pretty simple really, the leagues and Vegas spend a lot of money lobbying to keep sports betting illegal although the tide is turning with regards to that. The NFL also lobbied hard for a fantasy football carveout and got it in 2006. John McCain actually just did an interview the other day talking about sports betting and how ridiculous that it is legal in 4 states and that he isnt aware of any other law that makes something legal in a few states and illegal in others.

As to why anyone would anyone play DFS instead of betting props, because you cant make a million dollars wagering $20 on a prop bet. And when you win in DFS you can get your money in paypal 24 hours later and when you win in sports betting you can get your money a month later with a check issued from the Republic of the Congo that may or may not clear 6 weeks later. It's also a lot more fun following a team full of players all Sunday competing against thousands of other people

Lol at that last paragraph. Play on 5dimes and you can get the money in your bank account in 36 -48 hours directly. That's besides the point. I really really don't think anyone thinks about that stuff.

We were referring to 50/50 games. Not the big tournaments whatever they're called. If you want to throw your money away in those lotteries go right ahead. Let me know when you win a million dollars. Its more fun? So now we are talking about just entertainment? Spending all this time and energy for entertainment purposes isn't my style. I'd rather go blow the money at a strip club.

Trying to predict one single player projection is difficult enough. Playing DFS and not betting on player props is silly unless you are just making 50 different lineups and praying for the best every week. Again just seems silly to me. You're doing all this research and coming to conclusions on what players you think will out perform expectations... But you'd rather play DFS against other people when there are lines out there for you to bet on.

And yes, the UGIEA is basically unconstitutional.

Lol at that last paragraph. Play on 5dimes and you can get the money in your bank account in 36 -48 hours directly. That's besides the point. I really really don't think anyone thinks about that stuff.

We were referring to 50/50 games. Not the big tournaments whatever they're called. If you want to throw your money away in those lotteries go right ahead. Let me know when you win a million dollars. Its more fun? So now we are talking about just entertainment? Spending all this time and energy for entertainment purposes isn't my style. I'd rather go blow the money at a strip club.

Trying to predict one single player projection is difficult enough. Playing DFS and not betting on player props is silly unless you are just making 50 different lineups and praying for the best every week. Again just seems silly to me. You're doing all this research and coming to conclusions on what players you think will out perform expectations... But you'd rather play DFS against other people when there are lines out there for you to bet on.

And yes, the UGIEA is basically unconstitutional.

forgive my ignorance on sportbooks payouts, I just know what the poker sites have been like the last few years. I switched from playing poker professionally to playing DFS professionally a couple years ago because it was just getting too hard to get money off the poker sites and the games I played were drying up. You can absolutely make a lot money in DFS without winning a million dollar first prize, sure I put my lineups in the milly maker every week but I also put them in a lot of other contests with a much more reasonable chance of winning. I had 96 lineups in the milly maker last week cashing 40 of them with the highest one inside the top 200

Totally agree about betting player props alongside DFS and I got into those pretty heavy at the end of last year but haven't got around to loading up an account to do it yet this year. I put x amount of money in play each week and I would just rather use it all on lineups that can bring huge returns.

If I was making prop bets this week, Id take Mike Evans over in all 3 categories and brandin cooks over in rec and yardage.

Sorry I accidentally attached last weeks, initially. Click on the link and that will take you to this weeks sheet which I created.

Thanks for the posting this, YoungGun. I generally like to start with top WRs with big target numbers, at least a couple of them, and work from there. Here's the only lineup I've put together so far this week in DraftKings, but I have four versions of it, all in $50 double-ups, and will tweak from there to get some variety and avoid having all my eggs in one basket.

QB P. Rivers
RB D. Martin
RB L. Miller
WR K. Allen
WR E. Decker
WR D. Hopkins
TE T. Kelce
Flex T. Gurley
DST Rams

Should have used this lineup exclusively, scored 212.04. But hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Thoughts on this team:

QB
Matt Ryan
ATL @ TENthis Sunday 1pm EDT

RB
Todd Gurley
STL v CLEthis Sunday 1pm EDT

RB
Lamar Miller
MIA v HOUthis Sunday 1pm EDT

WR
Julio Jones
ATL @ TENthis Sunday 1pm EDT

WR
Kamar Aiken
BAL @ ARIthis Monday 8:30pm EDT

WR
T.Y. Hilton
IND v NOthis Sunday 1pm EDT

TE
Benjamin Watson
NO @ INDthis Sunday 1pm EDT

K
Connor Barth
TB @ WASthis Sunday 1pm EDT

D
Seattle Seahawks
SEA @ SFthis Thursday 8:25pm EDT

161 points and still have a player left. This team made me some good $$$$$$$

Thanks for all the tips guys.

If I was making prop bets this week, Id take Mike Evans over in all 3 categories and brandin cooks over in rec and yardage.

Thanks for the 4-1-1. I took both over in yardage. Feel free to add your two cents more frequently.

This is my best team so far and still have two players left. Using the system I put together is simple and easy and last week after breaking 115 mark on all 7 entries, this week I broke 120 mark on 4 of the 6. My best score currently is 162 with 2 players to play.

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
FLEX
DST

<tbody>
[TD="class: p-name"] Andrew Luck [/TD]
[TD="class: pts"]29.02[/TD]