FADE or PLAY the SEC WAY.....

FADEMENOW

Pretty much a regular
Bama @ The Rocky Top -11'.........Do what???? Line came out @ 13 and dropped 1' in a matter of minutes....Well, that dumb ass that Vegas said dropped a ton on Bama...Well, let's just say "KISS IT GOODBYE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can anybody in this forum even tell me how my Tide will stay on the same field with this bunch???? Tenn with a week off, averaging 53 PPG(maybe 47).......Bama gave up 23 to OLE PISS....14 to the DUKIES......Now comes Tennessee......Bama has played like shit after the back-to-back loses to Arky and Florida...Took what little air they had in them, out......Shula is getting bombed in every way there is to be...While our O may, just may, be alittle better than UGA, Tenn will score @ will on this 3 man front D of Bama...No , notta, absolutely no pressure on the QB ..No blitzing..none.....Ange will have a field day...
I will play both sides of this game without a question......
TENN -11' and OVER 42 points........

BOL, to ME!!!!!
and my CTG FRIENDS!!!!!
FADE

More picks later.....Was busy with work LW but posted @ another site....Nice 3-0 week with LSU...Over Bama/OM....Auburn Tigers..

I love it .. If Tenn plays the way they have all year they win by 3 tds
Bamas wr are questionable.. If they are out they wont even score. But you never know in the sec

Ole Piss banged my boys up pretty good...Look @ the list below...

<H1 class=red>Bama has uphill battle with Vols

</H1>

Monday, October 16, 2006

TUSCALOOSA -- The Sunday afternoon heading into the third week of October was typical for both sides of the Alabama-Tennessee border war.
The Crimson Tide still hadn't seen its cut-ups of the Volunteers and was recuperating from a bruising encounter against Ole Miss. Tennessee was refreshed and ready after another open date.
Alabama will face an uphill task trying to knock Tennessee off Rocky Top on Saturday. The Volunteers will be a substantial favorite, and, after taking a breather from the SEC wars, they'll be rejuvenated after No. 2 Florida's loss at Auburn with a prime chance to get back in the SEC championship picture.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

"We can't wait to get back to the practice field and get back to work," Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer said on his Sunday teleconference. "My focus for our team is to stay the course, stay with what got us here.
"There's another level that we can reach at some positions, and we're going to fight and scratch and do everything we can to get those levels better."
The Volunteers (5-1 overall, 1-1 SEC) are ranked 11th in the first Bowl Championship Series standings of the season and No. 7 in the AP poll.

-- INJURY REPORT: Alabama will list RB Jimmy Johns and WR Keith Brown as day-to-day this week, Tide coach Mike Shula said.
Johns suffered a sprained ankle and Brown a sprained knee during Alabama's 26-23 overtime win against Ole Miss.
The host of other Tide players who came out with one affliction or another -- including WR DJ Hall, OT Chris Capps, LB Juwan Simpson, DT Jeremy Clark and others -- is expected to play against the Vols.
Shula said RB Roy Upchurch's ankle injury could sideline him for a while. In fact, Shula did not rule out the possibility Upchurch could miss the rest of the season. Shula said the ankle injury is not associated with the foot surgery that kept him out last year.
-- BAD PLAY: The most disappointing defensive snap of Alabama's first half came on the first play of Ole Miss' second possession.
Just when it looked like Wallace Gilberry had quarterback Brent Schaeffer in his grasp for his first sack, Schaeffer eluded him, and ran 15 yards around left end for a first down. Rashad Johnson added to the yardage by dragging Schaeffer down out of bounds for an additional 15 yards. Ole Miss capitalized on the 30-yard drive starter by scoring a touchdown on the sequence.
-- TIDE BYTES: Alabama's game on CBS this Saturday will mark the fourth time in five weeks the Crimson Tide will have appeared on the network. Alabama is 1-2 in the previous three games. ... Alabama is now 7-11 in games decided by nine points or less under Shula after going 0-9 in the first two years under Shula. ... Alabama leads the Tennessee series by a 44-37-7 margin. However, the Vols have won nine of the last 11 meetings. Phillip Fulmer is 10-3 against Alabama as a head coach, while Shula is 1-2 versus the Vols.

Fade I'm like you, I don't see how Alabama keeps this game close, however the past series history tells me different. No, I would not play Alabama here, but I know many years that TN had a better squad and walked away in defeat. Fat Phil should have his troops ready for this one I think we are 9-3 over the last 12 played!? I will be playing the over in this one, that way I can root for every TD!!!!!!!!!!! My prediction TN - 33, Alabama - 16.

GL :cheers:

These guys need me to pick for them,,<lol> ATS 28-23

They do have it over the total, though....Line is now Tenn -10'..........

SEC Game of the Week

Alabama (5-2) at Tennessee (5-1) 3:30 PM EST CBS Saturday October 21st
Why to Watch: Alabama has a rivalry with everyone in the SEC, but the battle with Tennessee is old-school SEC that die-hard fans get into as much as any of the newer rivalries created by the SEC divisions. Tennessee is saying all the right things about not caring about a disrespectful 11th in the initial BCS rankings, but it's all about looking impressive from here on out with the SEC championship back on the radar after Florida lost to Auburn last week. The Vols had last week off after the thrilling, somewhat bizarre 51-33 win over Georgia, and now begins a four-week stretch against the Tide, at South Carolina, LSU, and at Arkansas, which will make or break all dreams of a big, BCS caliber season. Alabama is still in the hunt for the West title despite losses to Arkansas and Florida, but there's no margin for error now. An upset over Tennessee would likely mean an 8-2 start with a depleted FIU team and Mississippi State to follow. This hasn't been the strongest of Tide teams having problems with Ole Miss last week, but there's just enough explosion on offense, and talent on defense, to have a good shot of keeping this close. Last year, Alabama won 6-3 thanks to a miraculous finish helped by a Tennessee fumble out of the end zone and a last second Jamie Christensen field goal.
Why Alabama Might Win: The overtime win over Ole Miss might not have been pretty, but it did mark the official return of RB Ken Darby, who showed a little bit of pop with his best game of the season rushing for 162 yards. If he's able to find a little bit of running room against an average Tennessee run defense, that will allow for John Parker Wilson and D.J. Hall to do their thing in the passing game providing the most balance UT has seen since the season-opener against California. Few teams are better in turnover margin than the Tide with 17 takeaways so far and only nine turnovers. Bama must win this battle to have a shot.
Why Tennessee Might Win: Erik Ainge, the SEC's most efficient quarterback, should be able to pick the Tide secondary clean. While the Vol offensive line is a bit banged up, it's done a great job so far in pass protection and should be able give Ainge all day to throw considering Bama hasn't been able to generate a steady pass rush all season long. Statistically, the Tide pass defense is ranked 16th in the nation, but it got lit up by Hawaii's Colt Brennan and had problems with Florida's Chris Leak. If Brent Schaeffer of Ole Miss could complete 13 of 20 passes for 163 yards and a touchdown, Ainge should be able to go ballistic.
Who to Watch: The SEC's two best receivers will be on display with Alabama's D.J. Hall and Tennessee's Robert Meachem each locks for All-SEC honors and possible All-America recognition. Hall has been fantastic over the last four games going over 100 yards in each with 23 catches for 504 yards and three touchdowns over that span. Meachem has been nothing short of sensational as Ainge's main target averaging 19.9 yards per catch with six scores and three 100-yard days along with a 98-yard performance against Georgia.
What Will Happen: Phil Fulmer is 10-3 against Alabama and will get his 11th with several big plays from the passing game and a nice, but not sensational day from the D. This will be closer than many Vol fans might like.

CFN Prediction
: Tennessee 26 ... Alabama 17 ... Line: Tennessee -12

In the above write-up...which is why I use these guys in my capping..

Why Tenn might win:
Why Tennessee Might Win: Erik Ainge, the SEC's most efficient quarterback, should be able to pick the Tide secondary clean. While the Vol offensive line is a bit banged up, it's done a great job so far in pass protection and should be able give Ainge all day to throw considering Bama hasn't been able to generate a steady pass rush all season long. Statistically, the Tide pass defense is ranked 16th in the nation, but it got lit up by Hawaii's Colt Brennan and had problems with Florida's Chris Leak. If Brent Schaeffer of Ole Miss could complete 13 of 20 passes for 163 yards and a touchdown, Ainge should be able to go ballistic.
See what it says about Colt Brennan?? Chris Leak, whom I don't think is a good QB at all...Then, you got who??? Brent Schaeffer........Read the last sentance, again.......BALLISTIC.........

Why Alabama Might Win: The overtime win over Ole Miss might not have been pretty, but it did mark the official return of RB Ken Darby, who showed a little bit of pop with his best game of the season rushing for 162 yards. If he's able to find a little bit of running room against an average Tennessee run defense, that will allow for John Parker Wilson and D.J. Hall to do their thing in the passing game providing the most balance UT has seen since the season-opener against California. Few teams are better in turnover margin than the Tide with 17 takeaways so far and only nine turnovers. Bama must win this battle to have a shot..

Offical return of Ken Darby.......That's funny......We discussed this just yesterday around the "Beer" cooler...Darby is playing "HURT"...such as Brodie did for 3 years...He don't have the zip in his run like LY.....

Back