Evaluate the Schedule

• Thread starter Thread starter Moneyline_Monster
  • Start date Start date
M

Moneyline_Monster

I often do this preseason, in order to avoid the books from blinding me with their odds. It gives me perspective from the beginning, I like to think of it as an untainted POV of the upcoming season.

I'll begin with the USC schedule.

<TABLE id=Content borderColor=#990000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=250 border=2><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Date</TD><TD>Opponent</TD></TR><TR><TD>Aug. 30</TD><TD>at Virginia</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Sept. 13</TD><TD>Ohio State</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sept. 25</TD><TD>at Oregon State</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Oct. 4</TD><TD>Oregon</TD></TR><TR><TD>Oct. 11</TD><TD>Arizona State</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Oct. 18</TD><TD>at Washington State</TD></TR><TR><TD>Oct. 25</TD><TD>at Arizona</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Nov. 1</TD><TD>Washington (Homecoming)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov. 8</TD><TD>California</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Nov. 15</TD><TD>at Stanford</TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov. 29</TD><TD>Notre Dame</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Dec. 6</TD><TD>at UCLA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
At Virginia: I believe USC will blow out an overrated team with limited talent. USC 55 Virginia 14

Vs. Ohio St.: I think USC manages to squeak out a win. USC 24 Ohio St. 17

Vs. UCLA: I believe UCLA will upset USC in their house, it's just a feeling but I think the Bruins make a statement against their rivals at home.

Overall I think USC goes 11-1. Top 3.

I'll post a schedule and hopefully some of you bright minds can add some thoughts.

<TABLE class=sch2><TBODY><TR><TD class=schfb1>08/30/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
georgia_southern1.gif
Georgia Southern Eagles</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>09/06/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
central_michigan1.gif
Central Michigan Chippewas</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>09/13/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
south_carolina1.gif
at South Carolina Gamecocks</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>09/20/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
arizona_st1.gif
at Arizona State Sun Devils</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>09/27/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
alabama1.gif
Alabama Crimson Tide</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>10/04/08</TD><TD class=schopen>Open Date</TD><TD class=schfb1>---</TD><TD class=schfb1>---</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>10/11/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
tennessee1.gif
Tennessee Volunteers</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>10/18/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
vanderbilt1.gif
Vanderbilt Commodores</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>10/25/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
lsu1.gif
at LSU Tigers</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>11/01/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
florida1.gif
Florida Gators (Jacksonville, FL)</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>11/08/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
kentucky1.gif
at Kentucky Wildcats</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>11/15/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
auburn1.gif
at Auburn Tigers</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
Tickets
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>11/22/08</TD><TD class=schopen>Open Date </TD><TD class=schfb1>---</TD><TD class=schfb1>---</TD></TR><TR><TD class=schfb1>11/29/08</TD><TD class=schfb2>
georgia_tech1.gif
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets</TD><TD class=schfb1> </TD><TD class=schfb1>Buy
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is the Georgia Bulldogs Schedule for 2008, any thoughts.

I often do this preseason, in order to avoid the books from blinding me with their odds. It gives me perspective from the beginning, I like to think of it as an untainted POV of the upcoming season.

I'll begin with the USC schedule.

<TABLE id=Content borderColor=#990000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=250 border=2><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Date</TD><TD>Opponent</TD></TR><TR><TD>Aug. 30</TD><TD>at Virginia</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Sept. 13</TD><TD>Ohio State</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sept. 25</TD><TD>at Oregon State</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Oct. 4</TD><TD>Oregon</TD></TR><TR><TD>Oct. 11</TD><TD>Arizona State</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Oct. 18</TD><TD>at Washington State</TD></TR><TR><TD>Oct. 25</TD><TD>at Arizona</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Nov. 1</TD><TD>Washington (Homecoming)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov. 8</TD><TD>California</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Nov. 15</TD><TD>at Stanford</TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov. 29</TD><TD>Notre Dame</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffcc00><TD>Dec. 6</TD><TD>at UCLA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
At Virginia: I believe USC will blow out an overrated team with limited talent. USC 55 Virginia 14

Vs. Ohio St.: I think USC manages to squeak out a win. USC 24 Ohio St. 17

Vs. UCLA: I believe UCLA will upset USC in their house, it's just a feeling but I think the Bruins make a statement against their rivals at home.

Overall I think USC goes 11-1. Top 3.

I'll post a schedule and hopefully some of you bright minds can add some thoughts.

trx-smly17.gif

HAHA, I could be wrong, I must admit Ohio St. is one team I often have problems gambling on/against. I just think USC is a team that can fly around defensively and offensively, plus IMO Carroll is a better HC than Tressel.

wow forgot how shockingly easy the usc schedule lines up for them. toughest road games are at zona and at ucla ... guess this team is going to play in the national title game.

all the top teams have to play in so cal. az st , oregon , cal ... too easy, especially with az st and oregon taking a small step back this year. the conference is worse and usc is better. Their tough ooc games in ohio state and notre dame are also both at home.

wow forgot how shockingly easy the usc schedule lines up for them. toughest road games are at zona and at ucla ... guess this team is going to play in the national title game.

all the top teams have to play in so cal. az st , oregon , cal ... too easy, especially with az st and oregon taking a small step back this year. the conference is worse and usc is better. Their tough ooc games in ohio state and notre dame are also both at home.

The question to me VK is who will they play in the NC? I think this is a cake-walk for USC.

USC-Florida?
USC-Ohio St.?
USC-Georgia?

If USC wins against ohio state there is no reason why they go undefeated. If they don't go undefeated after the ohio state game (assuming they win) it will be a travesty as Pac 10 is about as weak as the big 10 this year.

I don't think the voters will put USC-Ohio State together in a national title game again after they already played earlier in the season. I think the SEC people will start there talk about strength of schedule and a SEC team will squeak in there again and rightfully so. If USC wins against Ohio State i would really like to see a USC and Georgia title game although we may see Florida comming out of that division if the gators can keep Percy Harvin healthy and Tebow for that matter.

I think the SEC people will start there talk about strength of schedule and a SEC team will squeak in there again and rightfully so.

:shake:

Florida is my best guess to come out of the SEC. UGA has a brutal schedule that I would love to see USC or Ohio St try to get through. The NC is up for grabs, as I have no idea who gets through this year. Oklahoma?

Man USC is def going to piss pound the shit out of UVA.

Looking at that UGA schedule, if they do start the year 7-0, I see no way they make it through the following without dropping atleast 1 game.

@LSU, UF, @UK, @Auburn

:shake:

Florida is my best guess to come out of the SEC. UGA has a brutal schedule that I would love to see USC or Ohio St try to get through. The NC is up for grabs, as I have no idea who gets through this year. Oklahoma?

Great Point BC, IMO Ohio St. would lose to both Florida and LSU, both on UGA's schedule.

USC vs Oklahoma
You heard it here first.

Florida, Georgia, Auburn, LSU; those SEC teams will beat each other up and make it too difficult to get through the season with a record that appeals to the media. I admit that USC has talent, and I respect Pete Carroll because I read a story where the man pulled an all-nighter with his coaching staff playing video games with The Who blaring on the stereo in the coaches office as commitment letters were faxed in on signing day. But, I cannot stand ESPN with regards to USC. USC can do no wrong as far as Corso and the rest of the loonies are concerned. And I suppose this is a reason to hate ESPN not USC; it's not USC's fault Lee Corso wants to give them a blowjob constantly. What I am getting at is the media loves USC. I would say USC could make the NC game even with a loss to Ohio St, but if Ohio St does not lose to USC then they will not lose (until the NC game... again). Oklahoma, South Florida, ... the rest is up for grabs, but I think it is reasonable to assume the winner of the Ohio St vs USC game will only miss out on the NC game by their own fault. That's it. I'm done.

I see no way Georgia comes out of their schedule with less than 2 losses. I believe the SEC's only chance at a NC is Florida, but even that is unlikely that they will go 12-1.

Back