European Hockey, Nov 4th...

charvik

NHL Road Fade Guru
It's been a while... new job, and have had to focus on that for a while.

The Swedish and Finnish leagues have a break in the action for Karjala Cup after this weekend. Just an FYI...

MoDo/Frolunda UNDER 5.5 -125

Two teams that have had trouble scoring lately, and they both look worn down... Krizan (2.55 GAA; 90.27%) for MoDo and Gistedt (2.38 GAA; 92.15%) for Frolunda has been playing well. No changes in the lines reported except for Frolunda playing Andreas Molinder in the 4th line (very talented but raw).

Mora/Linkoping UNDER 5.5 -112

Two teams that had some issues with their home/away play. Mora is normally very strong at home but they have struggled to score this year (not counting the last game). They have been very tight at home defensively, and Linkoping that has struggled on the road is playing better and tighter. Cechmanek (1.73 GAA; 93.54%) in the pipes is in great form and back in net for this clash is Pitkamaki (2.27 GAA; 92.86%) for Mora. The 2 keepers are ranked 2nd and 4th in the league right now...

That's it for Sweden... games start at 9am EST:drink:

Finland:

HIFK -0.5 +134

Tappara is still not playing well on away ice and Petoluola is tough to play in. It looks like HIFK is droping off some, playing close games and losing lately, and from the surface it looks like a play on the hotter Tappara team. There's no way I can play on a team that averages less then 1.5 goals per game on away ice especially since HIFK will have a hot goalie in Aleksis Ahlqvist back between the pipes. Tappara's strength at home is their PP unit, but HIFK has a great PK at home. I expect a tight game, and a HIFK victory in the end.

Ilves/KalPa, leaning under, but won't play due to unusual play by both teams lately. KalPa also has a new coach...

Karpat/Jokerit is worth mentioning because it's the top game for Saturday, and it should be a great game. There's no way I am picking a side here, but twist my arm and I would lean OVER... no play though...

I am going to check goalies in the NHL games, but I am very interested in Nucks ML +127, Penguins ML +185, Devils ML +128 so far...

Current scores:

HIFK up 1-0 after 6 mins
MoDo-Frolunda 4-0 2nd period
Mora-Linkoping 1-1 2nd period

5-0 MoDo late in the 2nd... all scores have been in this period... looks like Frolunda has given up... :hairout:

Back