Euro 08 picks

THe man comes through again, I took both of your winners, thanks a lot Ninis---

Can Italy beat Spain, I think so

Antonis Nikopolidis is looking forward to savouring a "special moment" when he walks on to the pitch at Stadion Salzburg Wals-Siezenheim on Wednesday for what will be his final international appearance for Greece against Spain.
Antzas is retiring too.Rehhagel will give the opportunity to many players (Goumas,Vintra,Spiropoulos,Salpingidis)to participate in a Euro Cup game.Besides that Greece want to avoid the sweep and to score a goal as well,and make at least a good impression in the end. Seitaridis, Gekas, Torosidis and Patsatzoglou are injured and wont play.Rehhagel has been criticized from the journalists for not playing with Salpngidis as forward.There is a rule,if you lose, the best players are sitting on the bench.Cheap words after the game but thats their job.Rehhagel had a plan in his mind,he worked on it, but failed.The atmosphere in the team is bad.The Greeks had high expectations for this EC and now they are disappointed.It is hard to change your style of play in few days IMO.If we look at the squad,we will see only 5 midfielders!Karagounis was not full fit and Giannakopoulos(34 years old) out of form, after a very bad season at Bolton(he is looking for a contract BTW).The other 3 are defensive midfielders.Good thing is that there isn't big pressure as in the first two games,the team has the motive to avoid the sweep and players like Spiropoulos and Salpigidis extra motive to grab the chance to stay in the futurist first eleven.
probable lineup
------------------Nikopolidis------------------------
Vintra------Antzas/Goumas---Kyriakos------Spiropoulos

----------------Basinas-----Katsouranis--------------

Salpingidis-----------Karagounis----------Amanatidis

----------------------Samaras------------------------

On the other hand Spain will play with reserves.

----------------------Reina-------------------------

Arbeloa---------Albiol------Juanito-------Navarro

-------------Alonso----De La Red-----------------

Garcia-----------------Cesc------------Iniesta

---------------------Guiza-----------------------

This lineup is at least one class above Greece.I don't think that they are looking for revenge for the EC2004,but this team can beat us, if they stay focused in the game and not thinking the game against Italy.Spain is playing nice and fast football, with the ball down and using all the width of the pitch.Greeks with the ball on the air are good, with the ball on the ground have problems.Its up to Spain IMO.I don't like to bet on a team who has nothing to play for(I did it yesterday),but it is EC and the reserves wants to be distinguished.

leaning Spain -0.75 +100

thanks TM

I'll write few words for the game tomorrow

time to watch Brasil-Argentina

no bet for me, was leaning Argentina +0.25 but didn't pull the trigger, they haven't won since 1998 (in Brazil)

GL

Group A
Portugal
Turkey

Group B
Croatia
Germany

Group C
Netherlands
Italy

Group D
Spain
Russia

Great work with your picks to progress into the quarter finals.

:cheers:

Great job, Ninis. Rehhagel should have had you in the squad, man.
thanks pano

The problem with Greece was exactly that.We didn't have a player like him,a decent play maker,to create,to dribble,to serve,to score...........But we can't blame Rehhagel,it's Pesseiros fault.I know it was tough season for the boy after the surgery, but he should have given him more time of play.

blackcrow thanks man,the Duchies worry me though

BetCrimes1984 traditionally I'm doing well with ECs,overall I am not that good :o

STEED thanks

on the same side of both today big ninis, which makes me happy, because youve been killin it. im about to lock in on a big wager on the croats......
in the other game may just play portugal -0.5 because if it does go past regulation into extra time/penalties i really think that gives the advantage to the germans.

excellent run youve been having so far sir, lets continue to tear the books a new one!

thanks pano

The problem with Greece was exactly that.We didn't have a player like him,a decent play maker,to create,to dribble,to serve,to score...........But we can't blame Rehhagel,it's Pesseiros fault.I know it was tough season for the boy after the surgery, but he should have given him more time of play.

If someone would tell me three years ago, that I would miss Tsiartas in the NT, I would call him freakin' crazy. But, boy, did I miss him in this tourney!...I agree about Ninis, also. Although I don't get instantly wet with young and promising players, I think what Greece lacked was many more fresh, energetic and motivated players. And for that I blame Rehhagel.

All in all, this EC can not end soon enough for me. I am already sick and tired of all the bs of the Greek media!...At least, evalagoal does not have to go through that, lol.

If someone would tell me three years ago, that I would miss Tsiartas in the NT, I would call him freakin' crazy. But, boy, did I miss him in this tourney!...I agree about Ninis, also. Although I don't get instantly wet with young and promising players, I think what Greece lacked was many more fresh, energetic and motivated players. And for that I blame Rehhagel.

All in all, this EC can not end soon enough for me. I am already sick and tired of all the bs of the Greek media!...At least, evalagoal does not have to go through that, lol.

hang in there buddy and put that amazing final game from 4 years ago to wake up the great memories.

oh what I would give if my boys went to the finals...WOW.

Can't even imagine that right now.

Hellas will bounce back from this, I'm sure. :shake:

Portugal had a walk in the park from group A to the quarter finals.Two easy victories against Turkey and Czech one week rest (because against Switzerland played with reserves)and they are fresh and well prepared for the Germans.They don't have a solid striker but the midfielders are amazing.They can cope with a close defense even w/o a solid striker.The chance for Frings
are not high that he can play.Podolski is also doubtful.They are key players and even if they play,will they be 100% fit?Germany played good only against "mighty" Poland.Germany is supposed to play good when they need it,lets see...:popcorn:

The bad thing for Portugal backers is that Gomez is out of the starting eleven, lol. The guy has been a bag of crap so far here...Frings is also out, but Podolski is in...

I think this is Portugal's chance to show the world that they are not the perennial underachievers everyone thinks they are. They are the better team on paper, their key players are clearly in better form, now all they have to do is prove it in the field.

does portugal enjoy the title of choking in the big game every tournament?

jesus

same shit with them EVERY YEAR. you can continue to piss through coaches and continue to make personnel changes and all that jazz, but not like its really mattered.

argh

we get em tomorrow with the croats, ninis

does portugal enjoy the title of choking in the big game every tournament?

jesus

same shit with them EVERY YEAR. you can continue to piss through coaches and continue to make personnel changes and all that jazz, but not like its really mattered.

argh

we get em tomorrow with the croats, ninis

:cheers::cheers::smiley_acbe:

Portugal's soft. They have been for years, I just thought it wouldn't catch up to them this soon in this tourney. Shame on me.

hang in there buddy and put that amazing final game from 4 years ago to wake up the great memories.

oh what I would give if my boys went to the finals...WOW.

Can't even imagine that right now.

Hellas will bounce back from this, I'm sure. :shake:

Thanks, bud. I really believe Croatia can be Greece of 2008 in the sense of being the non-traditional powerhouse who flies under the radar to steal the show in the end. Different style of play, of course, but, you know what I mean.

Tonight´s game is very crucial for your lads, though, since Croatia is now favored to win - especially with the so many absentees of Turkey. I´m not sure how much Croatia fancy that role...But I have faith in Bilic, who I think is one of the smartest coaches in this tourney, and hopefully, he´ll get his boys ready.:shake:

very true Croats are money as a DOG tehy can beat anyone but as a favorite they played like shit vs Austria, but I guess they beat Poland i didnot watch taht one--

I have a feeling Crotia is for real not olike PORTO

I bet Croatia -0.5 small because like everyone else, I have some unease about the Turks being a team of destiny.

6b4n0cj.jpg

bolt.gif

congrats ninis... i also had a pretty horrible quarters but hit spain today....

good run in the tourney though man excellent work!!!

Ninis please send me your Moneybookers (preferred) or Paypal so I can pay you the $$$.

Back