ethics question

cappingbob

Pretty much a regular
So we have a owner in 1 of my leagues that has been a dick all year long, putting a veto in everytime I make a trade just because it was me and admitting that and just being an ass all year long. He is now in the 5th spot and only 4 teams make the playoffs. I play the team that is in 4th this week and I have been thinking about making him pay for being a dick and not starting my best players. I would still be starting players that will be active and will get touches and points but not necessarily as many points as my best players. Would it be unethical or cheating for me to start these guys so that I could stick it to this owner? I would never start players that were hurt or inactive because I do feel that is wrong. I just kinda feel that if you wanna be an ass all year this is the type of stuff that happens. Just curious to what the CTG world thinks about this and whether you feel that I would be doing something wrong because I have been catching some slack about the lineup I have in at the moment. Thanks

It depends on you. You can take the high road or get some revenge. I would probably opt for the second.

would depend on your commish, cause as a commish if I saw the sandbagging i'd addres it

I am thinking that way Trout. I even told him in week 4 when I made my 1st trade and he started this shit to stop and if he didnt it was somehow gonna come back and bite him in the ass. He continued to veto every trade I made and now I have the opportunity to stick it to him for being a dick. I have been doing FF for over 15 years and have never done anything along these lines but I just feel that he deserves it and that is the reason I am even considering it.

I am out of the playoffs so it doesnt matter to me either way.

The commisioner already said something but I feel that if I am starting players that are active and will be getting points I dont feel that I am doing anything wrong.

I am out of the playoffs so it doesnt matter to me either way.

The commisioner already said something but I feel that if I am starting players that are active and will be getting points I dont feel that I am doing anything wrong.

Do what you want and let the commish make the call. I say stick it to him high and hard.

The answer is easy that you should not do it. There are other teams in the league and it is against the spirit of the league. Just because this loser is ruining things for everyone ( because when he vetoes all your trades it effects all teams ) doesn't mean you should set a precedent that this should go on in your league with regularity. If it is a league you do every year then you need to take the high road and keep the league viable and address his issues at the next draft prior to starting the next year.

Just my opinion .... but if I were another owner ( not the asshole guy but another owner ) in the league I would hold it against you.

The answer is easy that you should not do it. There are other teams in the league and it is against the spirit of the league. Just because this loser is ruining things for everyone ( because when he vetoes all your trades it effects all teams ) doesn't mean you should set a precedent that this should go on in your league with regularity. If it is a league you do every year then you need to take the high road and keep the league viable and address his issues at the next draft prior to starting the next year.

Just my opinion .... but if I were another owner ( not the asshole guy but another owner ) in the league I would hold it against you.

This is the right answer but Im not always right.

easy for me to say not being involved:

fuck that guy!!

are these guys you play with regularly or just a random league? if its a random league fuck it, let him suffer.
I think you can still accomplish your goal if you have guys who you have to make a decision on each week.

Thanks for the responses. This is a league that I have been part of for the last 10 years. We have a trophy and everything. I want so bad to fuck this guy because he does shit for attention and is best friends with the commish so the thing that pisses me off the most is that the commish thought it was funny when he was pulling this crap but now is saying that he will go in and change my team to the most proj points for the week after the games start on Sunday if I dont start my best players ( which I think is total crap). I really feel that I paid for my team and that makes it my team and I should be allowed to start anyone I want as long as they are active. Really making me start thinking about whether I want to continue in this league. I got in 2 new leagues this year that are just total points scored for the year and not head to head and I kinda like it better that way.

thats bullshit. If the projected points said "Player Y" would outscore "Player X" and you thought "Player X" would do better than "Player Y", he could just go in and put in "Y" because "Y" is projected to have more.

complete bullshit.

Thanks for the responses. This is a league that I have been part of for the last 10 years. We have a trophy and everything. I want so bad to fuck this guy because he does shit for attention and is best friends with the commish so the thing that pisses me off the most is that the commish thought it was funny when he was pulling this crap but now is saying that he will go in and change my team to the most proj points for the week after the games start on Sunday if I dont start my best players ( which I think is total crap). I really feel that I paid for my team and that makes it my team and I should be allowed to start anyone I want as long as they are active. Really making me start thinking about whether I want to continue in this league. I got in 2 new leagues this year that are just total points scored for the year and not head to head and I kinda like it better that way.

That is bullshit. You have every right to play who you want. Now if you're starting players who are out or starting Tebow over Brees than maybe he should step in because you're throwing the match up. He has no right to force you to start the players with the highest projected points.

By your guys reasoning then the other guy should be allowed to just veto every trade regardless of the reason he is doing it. I don't see why you think one guy should be allowed to obviously screw someone over and not the other. Either both are being douches by doing it or neither are. The other guy paid his money so he can veto what he wants by your logic???

Need to get league straightened out and everyone participating on the up and up.

There is a huge difference between selecting a slightly lesser that you think will outperform the more common choice and intentionally throwing a game.

right is right and wrong is wrong.

jesus. are these your friends? shsuhorn? ditch this league​

I went to school with all these guys and some are better friends than others.

thats bullshit. If the projected points said "Player Y" would outscore "Player X" and you thought "Player X" would do better than "Player Y", he could just go in and put in "Y" because "Y" is projected to have more.

complete bullshit.​

I agree. I said that if he changes my team to most projected than he should have done that all season and that would affect quite a few matchups. Cant do it 1 week and not the others.

That is bullshit. You have every right to play who you want. Now if you're starting players who are out or starting Tebow over Brees than maybe he should step in because you're throwing the match up. He has no right to force you to start the players with the highest projected points.

I would never do that. Its more like starting M Ingram over F Jackson. Which Jackson may score more but who really knows.
By your guys reasoning then the other guy should be allowed to just veto every trade regardless of the reason he is doing it. I don't see why you think one guy should be allowed to obviously screw someone over and not the other. Either both are being douches by doing it or neither are. The other guy paid his money so he can veto what he wants by your logic???

Need to get league straightened out and everyone participating on the up and up.

There is a huge difference between selecting a slightly lesser that you think will outperform the more common choice and intentionally throwing a game.

right is right and wrong is wrong.​

By our league rules he can veto for what ever reason he wants but it is still being a dick head and I told him that!! Everyone else in the league plays on the up and up which is always important but this dude is just a douche and is always looking for attention. He is the same guy that if he goes out and buys something new, when he tells you about it, he always attaches a price tag. "I just got this new signed picture, it costs $500". Total tool bag!!

I have decided that I am going to stay on the up and up and put in a half way decent lineup to keep good karma on my side but am gonna prove my point somehow. If the commisioner touches my lineup I am going to pimp slap him 1st then just not join the league ever again. Thanks for all the input guys!!

Start your back-ups bc you are "evaluating talent for next season" and tell the commissioner to fuck off after the season and find another owner.

Alright...what do I do here as the Commish?

Team A is 4-9 and locked into the 3rd pick in the draft next year no matter what

Team B that they are playing is 7-6 and needs a win to make the playoffs

Team A plays Washington's defense over Seattle, Alex Green over Arian Foster and Kendall Wright over Julio Jones

I dont notice it until its pointed out to me after the 4PM games kick off

FWIW, team A has had Washington playing over Seattle in each of the previous 4 weeks

The other two moves were made this morning

Obviously he's throwing the match. To me that's not acceptable. The problem is is that it's to late now. The games have already been played. Maybe take a vote and see what everyone thinks, but I think that those kind of guy's are dicks.

yup

caught it soon enough to have him put foster in for green

but going into tomorrow hes got a 19 point lead (roughly 125 yds and 2 tds)

neither will be back next year

and oh yeah...theyre brothers

im inclined to put it to a league vote on whether or not to switch out Wright for Jones retroactively which would take him down to 11 point lead with Foster pending, but thats a slippery slope to start down seeing as the games have been played already

i mean the thing is he cant even say he was doing it so he could get a better draft pick...hell he admitted it was what he was doing (though he remained strangely adamant about his decision to play WAS (4pts) over SEA (41pts))

he said "well Im out of it, ill do whatever I want with my team and if I cant win, I want him to"

I would start your team the way you should, while your commish is obviously a douche (I would try to vote him out as commish) when there is money at stake it's shitty to do what you're proposing, like the guy or not, just my take.

i mean the thing is he cant even say he was doing it so he could get a better draft pick...hell he admitted it was what he was doing (though he remained strangely adamant about his decision to play WAS (4pts) over SEA (41pts))

he said "well Im out of it, ill do whatever I want with my team and if I cant win, I want him to"

I had a similar scenario come up, but it wasn't a keeper league...I retroactively put the obvious players in, locked their teams and told them to go f themselves next year.

There's leeway if you're not obvious about it...but there's no argument that can be made for those moves.

That is a tough call man even if it is obvious what they were doing

Well it is collusion and they admitted to it. They cheated so they should be penalized. I would have the league vote on their penalty. Either the one guy gets removed from the playoffs or you adjust the others roster to what it would normally be.

Aside from that they should both be out next year.

I'm putting it to a league vote as to what to do about this

Anything short of unanimous and I won't change it

Neither will be back next year

It just pisses me off. Weve been doing this keeper league since 2005 and never had any issues

Back