ESPN Handicapper's picks--Week 13

Won't be rescheduled either. I see no reason why the don't reschedule these games. Neither team is going to the CFP so it makes no difference if they play after the week the teams are picked for the CFP.

Why not just keep playing all the way into Jan? MW season started late, why not keep playing for a few extra weeks?

Won't be rescheduled either. I see no reason why the don't reschedule these games. Neither team is going to the CFP so it makes no difference if they play after the week the teams are picked for the CFP.

Why not just keep playing all the way into Jan? MW season started late, why not keep playing for a few extra weeks?

if only you or someone else with half a brain ran things!!

Added Bear's Picks

Added Colorado -3. Not as strong a play as N dame, don't like it as well as I did S Jose State before that one got cancelled.

As far as I can tell almost no college teams are announcing how many players are missing, let alone who they are. more than 20 players missing from Md/Indiana, and I didn't see one announcement. Makes picks even more of a gamble

doesn’t San Diego st have a history of beating pac-12 teams?

doesn’t San Diego st have a history of beating pac-12 teams?
They did when Rocky was head coach.

They may still be able to, but my thinking was they didn't look that great losing to Nevada, good defense, not much offense, already lost twice this year, now going on the road against a Colorado team that hasn't lost and can put up points.

The only three teams I had left I thought were worth a bet were aTm, N Western both giving big points, NW on the road, and Colorado laying only 3

The smart thing would be to not replace SJ State, but I decided to pull the trigger. Not good discipline so I'll probably pay for it

That would be my guess, but I can't even come close to figuring out what to expect from the Ville. I like the BC coach and they seem to me to be the tougher, more physical team, but I haven't been right one time the entire season on the Ville

lol. Trusting ville got me a few times early this year, after Miami smoked them I realized I was giving this coach far to much respect and since it been ok!! Hopefully BC puts it on them in second half!!!

Vandy fired Derek Mason today. Someone will take that job, but trying to finish even ,500 in the SEC at an academic school like Vandy is almost and impossible task

I don't envy the next guy who tries to do it

You like physical teams and the better defense it's Buffalo.
Regarding the Buffalo, Kent st game.....think over is the best play.
Very tempted to bet the Over 67.5 as I can see them scoring close to 100

Boy, talk about nailing it. You guys were dead solid perfect. Best analysis of any game on the board. Way to go. I won a straight bet and a parlay bases on your knewledge

s--k said:

You like physical teams and the better defense it's Buffalo.

One of my weaknesses though is I can often see what should happen in games...but I don't always bet that way, I tend to expect unexpected things more than I should, but it works out in my favor a lot too. I talk to friends about matchup and games and lay out the case for one team and they'll be like 'so did you take them' and I'm like, 'well no I took the other team'. I do think I know what you like to look for in teams and Buffalo would appeal to that.

I have that same weakness. Probably all gamblers do. The reason I'm having one of my best years in winning percentage and my best year for amount won is because I am forcing myself to be disciplines. N Western yesterday was a good example. I really wanted to be them, even though I knew they were in the worse psychological spot their entire lives, maybe in the history of N Western. But my week side kept saying yeah, but this is different because blah, blah, blah. Last year I would have done it, but this year I'm much more disciplined.

Not sure why I am, but I posted on the workout thread I think it's because I led a far more disciplined life than usual this year because of the virus. No night life and parties so no hangovers, and staying up all night because none of that existed. I saw that workout thread about working out and it hit a chord with me. I decided I would work out every single day until things are back to normal. Working to stick to that discipline has made me a lot more disciplined in betting

The other is something you said in another thread when they asked you if you were going to do the write ups this year. You said,"it's kind of pleasant handicapping when you don't know every detail."

That's true for me and I do better when I don't dig up every detail. I look at the important things and make choices based just on that, then I look at stats and other details on games I like. Sometimes I drop a team based on details, but I never add one

Good stuff Tahoe.

There is only so much you can try and read into the games and too much leads to conflict and confusion. I say try and have a good base knowledge on everyone and then let your style and instincts make the picks without too much stats and angles and matchups, etc.

For me it's been a great year because of the staggered start by everyone. Instead of me trying to build a base knowledge of 130 teams in August this year allowed me to take leagues in bits and pieces as the those teams got closer to playing. Wish it was like this every year, without all the covid bullshit.

I agree. The staggered start and limited number of games each week has made handicapping the easiest it has ever been.

And the fact tams have to play a conference game every week and the big schools could not start the season by buying three wins against small schools has made it much easier to evaluate teams. It also helps that teams no longer can schedule byes before and after big games.

This is one of my favorite years for betting, but also because a lot of teams are being exposed and just the football itself is more interesting

And to think we wouldn't be having this great season if we had listened to the Timid Two

Back