ESPN Handicappers make Week 13 Picks

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Listened to their podcast this week so I’ll share a couple of their comments. Bama was their must-pick this week and both said they were afraid of Auburn (Steve for the same reason I am—the Auburn kicking game is so much better) and would have passed on the game except for being required to pick it, but both took Bama because they thought the Bama offense would put up enough points to cover.
Both think Kiffin will put up 80 points if he can this week, but did not explain why they think it.
Steve went to Stanford and is 5-0 picking Stanford games this year. He and Bear both believe it’s likely Stanford will rest Love on the assumption Washington will beat WSU and Stanford will be playing the title game next week. (both games go at the same time)
Both like Georgia over G Tech
Bear admitted he has no logical reason for taking Nebraska except for thinking they will go all out in Riley’s last game and thinks Iowa is unreliable (welcome to the club).
Steve thinks it’s likely Florida will play their best game under Shannon (so do I).
That’s all I remember, but I’ll post a link to the podcast below because they I think they cover more good information than anyone at ESPN.

Chris Fallica (Season 31-26-2) Week 11 (2-4)

• Alabama at Auburn – Alabama (-4.5)
  • Iowa at Nebraska – Nebraska (+3.5)
  • Michigan St. at Rutgers – Rutgers (+14)
  • Old Dominion at Middle Tenn. – Old Dominion (+12.5)
  • UTSA at Louisiana Tech – UTSA (+2)
  • Money line pick--Cal
Stanford Steve (Season 32-17-1) Week 11 (3-2) (5-4 on best picks)

• Navy at Houston – Navy (+4.5)
  • Virginia Tech at Virginia – Virginia (+7.5)
  • Notre Dame at Stanford – Notre Dame (-2)
  • Alabama at Auburn – Alabama (-4.5)
  • Fla. Atlantic at Charlotte – Fla. Atlantic (-21.5)
  • Money line pick-Arkansas
Phil Steele (Season 38-45-3) Week 11 (3-4-1)

• Missouri at Arkansas – Arkansas (+10)
  • Virginia Tech at Virginia – Virginia (+7)
  • Notre Dame at Stanford – Notre Dame (-2)
  • Alabama at Auburn – Auburn (+4.5)
  • Clemson at South Carolina – South Carolina (+14)
  • Duke at Wake Forest – Duke (+12)
  • Ohio St. at Michigan – Ohio St. (-12)
  • Penn St. at Maryland – Penn St. (-21.5)
  • Tulane at SMU – Over (67)
  • Washington St. at Washington – Washington (-10)
Chris and Steve podcast:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=21505852

My Picks (Season 40-30-2) Week 1 (7-3)

Oklahoma -22 I think Mayfield is going to explode when he gets in the game and so is the crowd and the rest of the team, plus WV QB is out. Max bet)
S Carolina +14
Cal
+7
Fresno +7

Friday adds
TCU/Baylor o 50x
Texas -7

Saturday adds
Purdue -2x
Washington St +10x
Auburn/UNLV parlay
Auburn/Arizona parlay

Like the look of a lot of others this week. Haven’t analyzed any except the above so it’s just a feeling for now, but I like more games this week than any week so far.

Last edited:
Tahoe I dub thee an honorary SC fan. You'd have to be to be betting SC almost every week. Been profitable for you. Hopefully one more time.

They have been won several times for me this year, so I gladly accept the honorary status. Especially if they will do it one more time.

My only complaint is they go down to the wire every time.

I'm going with all three strong leans, just waiting till game time to bet.

Added TCU/Baylor over.

Also looking at Virginia, Texas, and V Tech/Virginia total. May go over on that one too. No unders the rest of the season..

Anyone have any thoughts on the above?

Last edited:
Can’t contribute much. Not a totals guy, and not playing the Virginia and Texas games.
G L

Just Added Texas -7. I'm obviously going against the tide on this one because the line keeps dropping. Not sure why, the Texas freshman QB is playing and Texas Tech announced they are starting a JUCO QB who has never started a game.

Only other bet I'm looking at today is over in the V Tech/Virginia game, but waiting till game time to check weather and injuries.

I was looking forward to betting Idaho tomorrow because it is a proposition I have never seen in the history of college football--this is their last game in the FBS. Next year they drop to the FCS. I think they will come out fired up, but their QB has been downgraded to doubtful, so I will pass.

Added Purdue -2x.

Like Ohio State, but couldn't get bet down in time.

I checked again this morning on Linehan, VK, and it still appears he is out.

Added Washington State. That may be it for me today.

I want to bet the Bama/Auburn game and like Auburn, but I made a rule last year to never again bet against Bama. Every time I break one of my rules I get killed so I may bet a parlay or something on that game.

Like UNLV and Arizona, but no real reason for either one, just a feeling. Maybe I'll include them in a parlay.

Added two small parlays, each for half a unit.

Auburn/UNLV parlay
Auburn/Arizona parlay

Correction, I took Auburn/UNLV, not Auburn/Fresno.

Back