• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

ESPN, Handicapper Scores WEEK #6

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
With @TahoeLegend permission

I will start the thread since I have listned to Bet the Board podcast and have it ready for this week.

Season 4-1. Last week was loser with TCU

KY @ Georgia -14.5/49:
GA has won 13 straight vs Ky and 6 straight games by 10+ points while keeping KY to 17 or fewer points in those 6 games. KY seeking 3rd 5-0 start in history with last being 2021. KY has not played away game yet. GA has trailed by double digits in last 2 SEC games for first time since 2016. GA is pitching a ZERO ATS this season. KY has scored at 28+ points in five straight games and they have 4 non-offensive TDs tied for most in FBS.

Payne: O coordinator (Liam Cohen) has improved KY offense. They ran straight up middle agst Florida and beat them there. The GA defense is not as good as 2021 GA defense. KY offense has lived on the explosive plays this year and not down to down efficiency. They have 16 plays of 30+ yards and are Top 25 in explosive plays but are outside the top 80 in down to down success. KY running up the middle won’t work this week. Passing game with Leary “has lacked rhythm and he’s been inaccurate on 35% of his throws.” He likes KY receivers and “thinks positive regression is coming” but he still named 2 receivers with 24% and 17% drops respectively. “If you watched KY and GA last week, you tell yourself KY should be able to run ball here and maybe they find success b/c of Ray Davis who managed 8.3 yds per attempt after first contact last week. Then, you see Auburn’s QB Thorne running on GA last week. But, digging into numbers, GA allowed only 1.3 yds per rush until first contact on traditional running back runs and this week Leary is not a threat to run in KY’s pro style run game.” GA is 9th in country in tackling, so the yds after contact should diminish for KY. KY O line has performed better than expected but no starter has an average run blocking rate above replacement level. If GA can stop KY’s run game they should be able to put pressure on KY offense which is outside top 120 in avg 3rd down and distance to go. KY has played a schedule outside the top 90 and Payne thinks GA can have success on defense. “The price stands out.” The books are “begging for KY money here.”

Powers: He still has GA power graded #1, but has downgraded them 5 points since start of season. In their 2 SEC games GA had big time struggles, they have been flat and beaten at line of scrimmage. Upgraded KY a couple of points due to last week, but before that “I was not particularly impressed. They had a fortunate cover agst Ball State, struggled mightily against Akron, Vanderbilt a phony final score due to 2 defensive TDs.” On Saturday night “I have a sneaky suspicion I might be back to where I was before the Florida game.” GA’s final 4 possessions last week agst Auburn yielded 17 pts and 2 kneel downs. “I don’t think Carson Beck has necessarily been the issue for the GA offense”, he’s top 20 QB with good numbers. Brock Bowers is a generational TE and a Heisman contender, McConkey’s return with 4 catches will help move the chains – a key return for GA. The O line for GA is the main concern with only 4.4 yds per run, lowest in a decade, with few explosives. GA O line have not played up to expectations. KY D front has some good players, top 10 agst rush and they have 2 pick sixes. But KY D has also given up explosives and they are #85 in country on third down success rate.

Notre Dame @ Louisville +6.5/54:
The first meeting btw the schools as both ranked schools. Ville sold out for game and 1st time since they last played each other in Ville in 2019. Ville 5-0 for first time since Bridgwater in 2013. Ville seeking 8th straight home win and they have not done that since winning 9 in 2015-16. ND has won 30 straight regular season games agst ACC teams, last loss in 2017 at #7 Miami. ND has covered 10 straight ATS and won 15 consecutive ACC road games and all by 10+ points, last week agst Duke being the exception. But, ND’s schedule this year has done them no favors with last 2 games being decided in last 30 seconds, now at Louisville with USC on deck. Week zero were in Ireland.

Powers: ND’s schedule is one of the factors in this game. The snap counts for key players are a concern after the last 2 games. ”This schedule is unacceptable and will catch up with them this week or next, I think it will be next. They have scheduled themselves out of the playoffs.” Powers thinks ACC officiating is an issue. ND’s biggest concern is wide receiver and are missing 4 of 5 starters from the opener…he thought this was a dire situation in Duke game but they have 2 starters back – Greathouse & Thomas. He loves ND TE Mitchell Evans. Powers is not impressed with Ville’s wins and schedule “seriously question their SOS.” NCSt held Ville to like 20 rushing yds and ND handled NCSt handily. Plummer, Ville’s QB, is facing ND 3rd straight year in 3rd different uniforms. Ville does have explosive capability with an inconsistent offense. Ville will not move the ball methodically against ND defense. Powers worried about ND being tired based on schedule.

OU vs Texas -6.5/60.5.
119th meeting and 1st time both teams are undefeated since 2011. Texas won 49-0 last year. Texas had a 300 yd passer, 200 yard runner and 100 yard receiver last week for 2nd time in school history. OU had 40 pts in 1H agst Iowa State and Gabriel has a 75% completion rate with 19 TDs and only 2 ints on the season.

Payne: I think OU is struggling to be multi-dimensional on O. Their run offense is “wildly below avg.” The passing game is better than both Washington and USC in the first 5 weeks, after the opponents are factored in. The O line is outside top 100 in offensive line yards created. Texas is TOP 15 in defensive line yards. “A mismatch there.” Payne thinks that maybe OU can present challenges with (1) pace - Texas prior opponents outside top 100 in pace, and (2) explosive plays. Texas is outside top 70 in explosive pass plays allowed. This is also a step up in class for Texas on QB they’re facing. Texas been facing 2nd stringers, including last week. Payne asks: Can OU take advantage?

Texas 5 straight games 30+ points first time since 2019-2020. Texas offense is bad in 3rd and short, 0-3 yds, tied for 2nd worse in nation. Ewers is good with no turnovers but had 1 last week. TE Sanders health is a concern – he went out last week. Status is day to day. Powers thinks he’s worth ½ a point. The run game with Brooks is looking better. Run blocking avg is only ranked #69 in nation and O rushing success #83. Sanders went out and then Mitchell the wide receiver became featured. Texas was dominating, more than score indicated, in their win agst Kansas. Concern for Texas is special teams, 2 subpar games in a row with fumbles on returns and 5 missed kicks already this season. OU D is much improved this year. The LB Stutsman and OU’s Payton Bowman look good, but in watching film he did not see OU D dominating – even against Iowa State.

Powers hesitant to declare OU’s defense capable of handling Texas’ offense but he has concerns re Texas on 3rd down, O line on rushing plays and special teams.

MD vs Ohio State -20/58:
OSU won all 8 meetings btw these two teams, avg 5 TD wins and 43+ in all of those games. MD 5-0 first time since 2001 and won each by 15+ points. Only 5-0 FBS not ranked, they are +9 in turnover margin 2nd in country. But concerns about MD opponents and their SOS to this point in the year. OSU has played best coming off a bye with an avg of 41 points in victories and going over the total with Ryan Day.

Powers: MD’s prior opponents’ Ds have been weak. Powers thinks the OSU D will be more than MD can handle. MD O does have skill at perimeter. “This is OSU’s best D since 2019. I can safely say that.” He lists almost entire Buckeye Defense as standing out except for the D line which was pushed around by ND. But MD probably not the team to do it this week.

Payne: “Buckeyes can turn out 7-8 yds per carry” and this is a step up for MD against OSU which has had 2 weeks to prepare. MD stuff rate is only 30% and their D is outside top 90 in D line yds allowed and outside top 100 in D rush rate allowed and stuff rate. All signs point to Buckeyes running well and for OSU to have success in the red zone – this helps McCord throw with play-action and he will get TDs and explosives. “This specific game there are match ups that lead to OSU having offensive success.”

Col State vs Utah State +2/63.5 WIN
Powers is taking OVER 63.5.
Tempo – Col State is #12 and Utah State #7. The totals market has not grasped the Utah State totals and Utah State’s last 4 games gone over OVER by avg of 26 pts per game while playing slow tempo teams. Now they play fast tempo team. Utah State lost their good defensive players in the transfer portal. Col State has a lot of weapons and the total line should be in the high 60s. (I see 65 now).

WAZZU vs UCLA -3.5/59 at the Rose Bowl.
First meeting since 2019 when UCLA won in Pullman 67-63. First Wazzu visit to UCLA since 2015 and they are seeking first 5-0 start since 2017. WAZZU have won 3 straight on the road, but have not won 4 straight on road since 2002. UCLA has lost 3 straight and 7 of last 9 against ranked PAC 12 teams. Cam Ward is #10 in completion %, 3rd in yds per game and 8th in passing efficiency. UCLA D has great accounting stats but they have faced no real offenses thus far.

Payne: “Very early 2 way action this week. Taking 4 with Wazzu and laying 3 with UCLA.” The question is: “What is the real UCLA defense? They have really played nobody on offense.” Bruins allowed 50% passing success rate first 3 qtrs against Coastal Carolina. Payne thinks UCLA is going to try to get WAZZU to run but WAZZU will be efficient with the pass. UCLA has questions re their defensive backfield. But, he thinks UCLA can draw a stalemate on D and has advantages on the other side of the ball.

Powers: “Certainly this match up leads to more success for UCLA on the offensive side of things.” UCLA RBs split time and do well. WR good and O line good, but questions re UCLA pass blocking. “Of all the units we will talk about in this podcast, the least impressive one to me is Wazzu’s Defense…#85 yds per play and not in top 75 in yds allowed per game.” Tackling been an issue for WAZZU. “Certainly, there’s a pathway for UCLA offense to have success.” (UCLA has had 2 weeks to prepare).

BAMA vs A&M +2/46.5
Powers downgraded Bama’s power rating 3.5 since start of season. A&M is flat on their power rating for the season. A&M D looked bad agst Miami but looked good agst Auburn and Arkansas. Bama is top 3 in Power 5 teams in running %. 65% of plays are runs and avging 32 points per game, fewest for Bama since 2009. Passing yds of 195 yds per game, fewest since 2017 when they ran for 250 yds per game. “Bama has to get explosives in order to win this game.” Bama wide receivers are a far cry from what they have had in recent past. Powers does not like Bama O line and “you could argue the Bama O line is the biggest disappointment in college football this year.” The run game is what they rely upon, but they avg only 168 yds per game and 4.1 per carry, second fewest since Saban’s first year. The Bama O line cannot pass protect, 18 sacks in last 4 games and #122 in country in sacks allowed, allowing tackles for loss, #89 in EPA on early downs. This Bama offense is “eww….their only path for success is hitting pass for explosives.” A&M defense line is playing up to their predicted success. But, I cannot get Miami out of my mind. Concludes: “The trend line for A&M has been really good and I have still not seen Bama offense put 60 minutes together.”

Payne: “This game comes down to which team can protect and have success on early downs.” Jimbo believes O line improving. Payne questions that and also says QB Johnson is holding onto ball too long. Metrically Bama defense has not been dominate but look to be getting closer and are improving with pressure and sacks. He points to Ole Miss game as good D performance. A&M has been poor on early downs - outside the top 75. Maybe Bama can pressure when A&M is in passing situations? Bama LB Lawson may miss this week again and his replacement cannot cover like Lawson. “I don’t see A&M having a ton of sustained success. Early downs will decide this game.” “A&M getting the money from the open at +4 on down to current number.” Payne asks Powers: When is Bama going be a value? Powers says even at current -1.5 -2, “Bama is not there yet. Maybe at ‘pick’ Bama presents value.” Payne gives numbers on Milroe and explosive play potential – “22% of his throws are 20+ yards with a 148 passer rating, he’s 11 for 17 and 4 of the incompletions were drops. He has been amazing going deep. Makes me nervous taking A&M.”

Best Bet
= UNDER 48.5 KY vs GA. I am seeing 47. They made it a point to say that 48 is a key number. LOSE

Last edited:
I’m sure some ppl hit that number soon as the pod came out! I’m thinking bout playing uk team total under opposed to game but I’m way behind this week thanks to Mlb!!

Totally agree w them bout the Irish AD, he killed them with this schedule! I would be hammering Irish under a td (I’ve bet them every week this year! Lol) if I wasn’t worried bout the last 2 weeks taking its toll! In normal situation I’d say this line a total gift, ville 5-0 record is straight up fugazi imo, just watching them play that 13-10 game with ncst told me all I really needed to know, Irish d should dominate and their oline should push ville all over the field!! Irish are getting 2 wr’s back and they clearly missed them last week!! It still Irish or nothing for me but I havnt decided yet.

I still think Ou being underestimated cause they havnt played a really tough team, that doesn’t mean that d isn’t really good! It just means we don’t really know for sure. I don’t think texas will be running all over them like they been doing to other teams! Not only does texas struggle on 3rd down but Sooners d been fantastic getting off the field! Both these defenses are top 10 in 3rd doen conversion percentage allowed, I think this game gonna play to under but I thought the “BTB” guys point bout Sooners pace on offense was interesting and that does worry me, very good point that horns havs played nothing but slow ass teams thus far, Sooners offense gonna feel like warp speed to horns d! Even tho they one dimensional it very possible that pace will slow down horns pass rush!!! This game is so tough to cap since I don’t think any of us quite know bout Sooners!

Appreciate you taking the time to do those “BTB” recaps @bones , I listen to the pod, usually several times as I have to rewind cause I often fall asleep since I listen while going to sleep! Lol. Way easier for me to come here and read recap if there was a tidbit I knew I wanted but couldn’t remember wtf it was! I hate have to rewind again for that!!

@bones , what you think of the “non-powers 5” play? I thought he made a fantastic case and will prob jump on that! I can’t do it totally blind but then again last time I looked into his play I got info that talked me into passing on a winner! Maybe I should swallow my pride and just play it! Lol. Not like I don’t have plenty of work to do between catching up on this and freaking mlv playoffs!

I’d love to get to talk fb w those guys! I love talking w ya’ll but I need more ppl to talk bout my thoughts! Cmon guys, let’s have a discussion party! Maybe I can get them to put me on show, just one little segment like the “non powers 5”, I need a clever name, the “intermission prop party”. They take a little break and I give out a banger prop?? I think I can hang with their standards!!! Doesn’t sound like the most horrible, redic, asinine dream I ever had! Lol

Stanford Steve—(3-4) 12-9) Three Year Record (103-79)
Oklahoma +5x
Okla/Texas o 61
Mizzou +5x
Georgia -14x
Michigan -18x

The Bear—(1-4) 9-16) Three Year Record (98-89)
UCLA -3
Georgia -14x
aTm +1x
Marshall +6x
Cal +9x Best Best

Scott Van Pelt—(5-3) (24-21) Three Year Record (164-125)
Oklahoma +5x
Wisconsin -13
Purdue +2x
Arizona St +3x
Minnesota +18
Louisville +6x
Baylor +1
California +8

Other Pickers:
Adam Kramer—(6-3) (25-19) (75-52)

UCLA -3x
UAB +3x
LSU -5X
Maryland +19x
Notre Dame/Louisville o 54
Army -3
Wyoming/Fresno St o 44x
Florida St -24
Ole Miss/Arkansas o 63

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five—(4-1) (6-11-3) Three Year Record (94-100)
Pittsburgh +4x 24-23
New Orleans -1 24-20
Indianapolis +2x 27-21
Philadelphia -4x 27-21
Cincinnati -3x 27-20

My Picks— (3-0) (11-6) Teasers (4-5) Three Year Record (150-97)
Texas -4
Mizzou +5x
Teaser: Kansas State/open, Mich/N Dame, N Carolina/Cal
Lean Mizzou, N Carolina, UCLA, dropped Army, aTm
Strong lean to Kansas State, but hate laying points on the road so my play them in a Teaser

Joe Fortenbaugh— (1-0) (6-8) Two Year Record (45-41)
Texas -5x
Texas Tech -1x
Nebraska +3
Georgia/Kentucky o 47x

Last edited:
I still think Ou being underestimated cause they havnt played a really tough team, that doesn’t mean that d isn’t really good! It just means we don’t really know for sure. I don’t think texas will be running all over them like they been doing to other teams! Not only does texas struggle on 3rd down but Sooners d been fantastic getting off the field! Both these defenses are top 10 in 3rd doen conversion percentage allowed, I think this game gonna play to under but I thought the “BTB” guys point bout Sooners pace on offense was interesting and that does worry me, very good point that horns havs played nothing but slow ass teams thus far, Sooners offense gonna feel like warp speed to horns d! Even tho they one dimensional it very possible that pace will slow down horns pass rush!!! This game is so tough to cap since I don’t think any of us quite know bout Sooners!
I agree with the "unknown" assessment. I'm in that "unknown" group as well. No one can tell anything about OU from their games so far. But the fact Iowa State, with one of the worst QBs and worst offenses in the country scored on them tells me they may be closer to what they were last year than what the stats say this year. My main worry about betting the Horns is their kicker is struggling, and once a kicker loses their confidence they often never recover it.

I agree with the "unknown" assessment. I'm in that "unknown" group as well. No one can tell anything about OU from their games so far. But the fact Iowa State, with one of the worst QBs and worst offenses in the country scored on them tells me they may be closer to what they were last year than what the stats say this year. My main worry about betting the Horns is their kicker is struggling, and once a kicker loses their confidence they often never recover it.
Whoa hold your horses. Rocco is one of the worst QBs in the country? He's a freakin' redshirt freshman and progressing nicely.

Clay Travis

Last Week: 6-9
Season: 36-34-1

LSU @ Mizzu +6.5 OVER 63 LOSE WIN
Here’s the deal, both teams are scoring 30+ in this one. Tap the veins boys and girls, my blood bank guarantee is the over, go ahead and load up while you can.
LSU has given up 45 to Florida State, 31 to Arkansas and 55 to Ole Miss. This Mizzou offense is rolling. I just don’t see any way they don’t score at least 31 in this one. Similarly, I don’t see any way that LSU doesn’t score at least 31 in this one too because Mizzou’s defense is far from elite and the LSU offense is firing on all cylinders with Jayden Daniels. Given the game can’t end in a tie, boom, you’re set on the over. As for the line itself, why should LSU be favored by nearly a touchdown over anyone in the SEC right now? LSU only beat Arkansas by three, they just lost by six to Ole Miss, and what’s scary about the Bayou Bengals based on the way they have played so far? I don’t think Mizzou is an elite team, but I also don’t think they are going to lose by double digits to LSU at home. The Missouri version of the Tigers are the play here on the number and the over is the blood bank guarantee.

Rutgers +14 @ Wisky WIN
There’s no bigger Greg Schiano fan on the planet than your boy. And you’re telling me that the mighty Rutgers Scarlet Knights — who are 4-1 and every member of the sports media’s favorite team in the history of mankind — are going to go up to Wisconsin in what promises to be a low-scoring game and lose by more than two touchdowns? I only have one word for that: balderdash. Rutgers covers the 14 with ease.

OK +6.5 vs Texas WIN
Texas has had a phenomenal start to the season, there’s no denying it. But you know who has been really good and no one has noticed? Oklahoma. In year two under Brent Venables, the Sooners have quietly been crushing all opponents, Oklahoma has won every game so far by 14 or more. And despite last year’s humiliation, the Sooners had won four in a row in this rivalry before that meaning many of the players on this roster have experience winning in this game. This feels like a field goal game to me, meaning the Sooners plus nearly a touchdown are the play.

MD +19.5 @ OhioState LOSE
I feel like the only person in America who realizes Maryland is 5-0. And not just 5-0, but also crushing everyone in the power five against the number, and winning every game by 18 or more. Yes, the Buckeyes had a bye week — how unfair does that feel, Terps? — but this Ohio State offense hasn’t been great. And this number feels large for what figures to be a relatively low-scoring game. So hop on board the Terp express and let’s ride the turtles to a cover.

Purdue @ Iowa UNDER 40.5 WIN
Unless Iowa can play Iowa, this might be the most boring matchup in the Big Ten this year. And I’m not going to dance around the number here, neither team is scoring 21 or more. Which makes the under a mortal lock.

Bama @ A&M +2.5 UNDER 49.5 LOSE WIN
The Travis family will be attending this game in person down in Aggieland and I expect to see Texas A&M win this game outright. I could come up with all sorts of reasons why this will be the case, but ultimately this game is going to be a defensive struggle. A&M isn’t going to let Alabama run the football, they’ll spy Jalen Milroe, and force him to make plays in the passing game. And I just don’t think Alabama will be able to do so because the Alabama offensive talent isn’t great. But the Tide defense is very good and that means points will be hard to come by Saturday. Two years ago Jimbo Fisher’s Aggies pulled off a huge shocker over Alabama in College Station, last year the Aggies were throwing in the end zone for a chance to win late. After those past two games, I don’t think this Aggie win will be a surprise at all.
A&M 24 Alabama 17 Boom, you hit the Aggies and the under on a double win.

Vanderbilt +18.5 @ Florida LOSE
The Florida Gators don’t deserve to be 18.5-point favorites against anyone in the SEC, even Vanderbilt. That’s it, that’s the entire thesis of this bet. Well, that and Vandy will do a decent job, I think, against the Gator run game, which means there won’t be a ton of points scored here. Florida will win, but it will be by around 10 points, meaning the Commodores get you the cover down in the Swamp.

Colorado @ AZState OVER 59.5 LOSE
The Sun Devils have a good chance to pull off an upset here and I think they’ll move the ball decently against this Colorado defense. Deion’s team ultimately gets the win, but not without a scare in the process, especially since this Buffalo defense can’t stop anyone. 38-35 Colorado is the final.

KY +14.5 @ Georgia UNDER 47.5 LOSE LOSE
I wanted to bet Georgia in this game, I really did, because I just keep thinking that at some point Georgia is going to maul an opponent. But after what we’ve seen from this Georgia offense in the SEC so far, how could you be comfortable making them over a two-touchdown favorite against anyone decent? And, yes, the Wildcats are pretty decent. This feels like a 24-14 Georgia win in a low-scoring, boring, physical contest. Which is why I’m on the Wildcats and the under.

Arkansas @ Ole Miss OVER 61.5 LOSE
There are many SEC team fan bases that are really nervous as we come up on the halfway point of the season. I think Arkansas should be near the top of that list. Sitting at 2-3, the Razorbacks seem destined for a 5-7 style season that pretty much strips away all of the optimism from Sam Pittman’s tenure. But the one saving grace for the remainder of the season is KJ Jefferson can still make some plays on the offensive side of the ball. Coming off an explosive shootout win in Oxford against LSU, I expect more offensive fireworks in this game as well. Ole Miss wins 45-31, giving you an easy over.

AZ +21.5 @ USC WIN
Have you seen the USC defense in Pac 12 play so far? Why in the world would you expect USC to cover over three touchdowns against a pretty decent Arizona team that gave Washington a good run last week? Related question: does the USC defense ever stop Caleb Williams in practice? Arizona covers with ease.

Notre Dame @ Louisville +6.5 UNDER 51.5 WIN LOSE
The biggest surprise in college football, at least so far, may be that Louisville is sitting at 5-0. Now Notre Dame, fresh off two straight physically grueling and draining games, has to head on the road to take on the Cardinals in a game they never expected to be this challenging. 17-14 is the finale. Who wins? Who cares? You’ve got the cover and the under.

Last edited:
@bones , what you think of the “non-powers 5” play? I thought he made a fantastic case and will prob jump on that! I can’t do it totally blind but then again last time I looked into his play I got info that talked me into passing on a winner! Maybe I should swallow my pride and just play it! Lol. Not like I don’t have plenty of work to do between catching up on this and freaking mlv playoffs!
If you think Utah State can score 28-30 I kinda like it, but not enthused. I can see Colorado State getting to 38 or so by themselves.

I see the O/U at my local's site is now 63.5. It was 65 last night. Somebody hit the UNDER

Reactions: KJ

I think you should give them a pass for the isu game, if you recall texas was in a 10-10 game with Wyoming in the 4th qrtr!! It happens to every great team 1-2x a year (not saying I know Sooners great. Just the idea that game in no ways proves they not imo), they had texas game on deck and cmon, when push came to shove they shut them out in the 2nd half. Im actually sold on the fact Venables has this d playing very good ball, I do think he probably another year away from being as physically big/strong as he would like his Dline to be, I think they certainly better but the cupboard. was completely bare far as this position group went when he got here (just look at the shit show d gong on at usc, those were the guys recruiting and teaching Ou d before venables arrived!!).

What he has found is the guy he has always needed for his d, one them safety/linebacker hybrid types that fast as fuck and a heat seeking missile! Can’t think of kids name but believe he transferred from indiana of all places? So yea I’ll admit I think 1 more year till Venables has the top 10 defense im confident he will I still think this one is very good. I believe the dline will be able to eat up blockers so his backers can really slow down the horns run game. Seems like his corners could still use some work so Ewers will def hit some plays if he has time, think Sooners need to blitz so big plays will be there! Sooners have given up some big plays to less talented passing games than horns but they have forced some bad throws and made some fantastic picks too. so they might give some but I think they will also take away!

The soonsrs offense va horns d is interesting as well. The fact horns run d been awesome really don’t mean much here cause Sooners can’t run the dang ball anyways! That’s one way to negate a teams strength, lol. Normally I’d think this horrible cause obviously you don’t want any team pinning their ears back not worried bout anything but hitting the qb!! I’m sure Sooners will call enough totally ineffective 2 yard runs to annoy me! What the bet the board guys said about the Sooners pace I thought was very interesting, sure horns will be hunting for sacks on Gabriel but will they wear down playing at Ou pace? Like they said horns havnt faced any offense that operates in even normal speed for todays game! Now they be dealing with the Sooners warp speed attack, completions on early downs will be the decider for Ou. Horns d very good getting off the field on 3rd downs as well. I totally think Gabriel will be able to find his playmakers in space, between the 20s I think he will pick horns apart at times, but when the field gets condensed in red zone will be the thing that determines this game imo.

I really don’t know, I think I lean to the points but ultimately it far more likely there be a prop or 2 I think I can exploit! Lol

I’m sure some ppl hit that number soon as the pod came out! I’m thinking bout playing uk team total under opposed to game but I’m way behind this week thanks to Mlb!!

Totally agree w them bout the Irish AD, he killed them with this schedule! I would be hammering Irish under a td (I’ve bet them every week this year! Lol) if I wasn’t worried bout the last 2 weeks taking its toll! In normal situation I’d say this line a total gift, ville 5-0 record is straight up fugazi imo, just watching them play that 13-10 game with ncst told me all I really needed to know, Irish d should dominate and their oline should push ville all over the field!! Irish are getting 2 wr’s back and they clearly missed them last week!! It still Irish or nothing for me but I havnt decided yet.
I agree, it is Irish or nothing for me. They could potentially win by 35-16 or so. But, the points made by many - not just BTB pod - concerning ND's schedule, mental & physical exhaustion etc are worth thinking about. The travel from South Bend to Louisville is no big deal and if I had to bet it has to be ND...and probably the UNDER.

Both those wagers, or one, will likely make my cut

Bear
Last week 2-3
Season 11-15

WEEK #6
UCLA -3 WIN
Idle week helps UCLA
Georgia -14.5 WIN Bear does not think much of Florida and last week's KY win. Thinks GA is going to get started and KY is a popular dog
A&M +1.5 or +2 LOSE Bama cannot run the ball; 70th in country in yds per attempt. Massive step up playing A&M defense
Marshall +6.5 LOSE Bear wondered what happened to Brennan Armstrong NCST QB, NCST has moved to MJ Morris at QB. Likes Herd's R.B and they beat VaTech and have chance to win...says maybe consider their ML +210 with Ville +225, Akron +180, Mizzu +200, Cal +290 and A&M +125 as a round robin.
BEST BET is CAL +9.5 LOSE Great situational bet and DJU is waning. Justin Wilcox great ATS vs Pac 12 as a dog at home

Bear thinks we see some ML dogs winning this week

Sidekick's weekly best bet
Last Week 1-0
Season 3-2
Week 6: UCLA 1H
LOSE (be a sleepy game with no fans present. UCLA has 7th ranked havoc rate and 2 weeks rest) (a bit unlucky UCLA threw pick 6 at end of 1H)

Last edited:
Appreciate you taking the time to do those “BTB” recaps @bones , I listen to the pod, usually several times as I have to rewind cause I often fall asleep since I listen while going to sleep! Lol. Way easier for me to come here and read recap if there was a tidbit I knew I wanted but couldn’t remember wtf it was! I hate have to rewind again for that!!
Thank you for saying so @2daBank. It takes a few hours+. But, it's the least I can do seeing as how others do far more and bring valuable thoughts/analysis. I am a mere scribe/transcriptionist.

Thank you for saying so @2daBank. It takes a few hours+. But, it's the least I can do seeing as how others do far more and bring valuable thoughts/analysis. I am a mere scribe/transcriptionist.

Well it’s greatly appreciated brother. We should all be told we valued sometimes! (Long as you actually bring value! Lol. So many ppl I could do without, not here, just in general. Love our little group!).

My WEEK #6:
Last Week 0-4
Season: 33-23

I am blaming last week on a storm that hit my property mdnite September 24th with major lightening & hail. The storm created major 1st world problems for me. Power was out 9 hours, the lightening put out internet for about 12 hours, knocked out 1 AC unit, fried our automatic gate box and it needed replaced, fried our DISH boxes and were w/o television in the residence for 3 days, fried the pool equipment, hail damage to the truck but most of all it surged and destroyed my 75 inch television in my study where I bet, Live wager & post on my desk top (have no laptop or I Pad) and watch the games all in one location. I have had a constant parade of white utility vehicles for all of above at my home for 10 days. The storm did far more damage to me than the 0-4 Saturday. Had to watch games and all TV in another room for 11 days now. Within the last 2 hours just got my new 85 inch (it's bordering on too damn big) TV installed and am back in action.

WAZZU +3.5 LOSE 2 Units -110. Took it right away when I had it for my Opening number, thinking line would come down, it is +3 now
UCLA ML -160 WIN 1 Unit. The BTB pod affected me on WAZZU. Now hoping for a UCLA 3 point or less win and a middle. I'll either win 3 units or .40 units or lose 1.2 units
CAL +9.5 LOSE -110 2 Units. I was leaning in that direction and had it marked on my sheet. Have to say the Bear cast and whatever the Wilcox stat ATS as home dog in Pac 12 pushed me over. I think it was 10-4 ATS in this spot. [modified my Units to "2" here on Friday afternoon. Was plugging games into my app for the weekend & noticed I had bet "2", not 1 unit. FYI line now down to +8 @ my spot].
MissState -20.5 LOSE -110 1 Unit 41-16 final
KY/Georgia Under 48 LOSE -125 1 Unit
WISKY -13 LOSE -110 1 Unit
Texas -3.5 LOSE-110 1 Unit

I am going to be on the Horns in some fashion too....maybe wait until live(?) and probably ND with some more.

Last edited:
My WEEK #6:
Last Week 0-4

I am blaming least week on a storm that hit my property mdnite September 24th with major lightening & hail. The storm created major 1st world problems for me. Power was out 9 hours, the lightening put out internet for about 12 hours, knocked out 1 AC unit, fried our automatic gate box and it needed replaced, fried our DISH boxes and were w/o television in the residence for 3 days, fried the pool equipment, hail damage to the truck but most of all it surged and destroyed my 75 inch television in my study where I bet, Live wager & post on my desk top (have no laptop or I Pad) and watch the games all in one location. I have had a constant parade of white utility vehicles for all of above at my home for 10 days. The storm did far more damage to me than the 0-4 Saturday. Had to watch games and all TV in another room for 11 days now. Within the last 2 hours just got my new 85 inch (it's bordering on too damn big) TV installed and am back in action.

WAZZU +3.5 2 Units -110. Took it right away when I had it for my Opening number, thinking line would come down, it is +3 now
UCLA ML -160 1 Unit. The BTB pod affected me on WAZZU. Now hoping for a UCLA 3 point or less win and a middle. I'll either win 3 units or .40 units or lose 1.2 units

I think Im loving Steele rush props, maybe parlayed w a tuddy!

Sucks bout the storm bro. Hope all is well. We lost power for 5 days when it was 95 defeees this summer the week of 4th of July. It was awful!

I think Im loving Steele rush props, maybe parlayed w a tuddy!

Sucks bout the storm bro. Hope all is well. We lost power for 5 days when it was 95 defeees this summer the week of 4th of July. It was awful!
Carson Steele @ UCLA?

Speaking of that, what about Estime?

Carson Steele @ UCLA?

Speaking of that, what about Estime?

Yea ucla steele, number only like 76 yards, i expect he controls this game.

I’m not done w Irish game but they really burnt me vs Ohio st, I had Estime ov 75ish yards and they used 3 damn backs! I wasn’t mad cause they all did well but end the game when Estime should have been the closer they gave him 1 run, he got 11 and 1st down, only needed 3 more and they pulled him for one the other backs! Stupid Mfers! Not just for me bet either, Estime should be the closer, they might have gotten the last 1st down they needed had they given him the ball! I damn sure woulda got my 3 stinking yards!! lol. Let’s just say I’m a bit sour on Irish backs even tho I do think they will run all over ville!

I am blaming least week on a storm that hit my property mdinite September 24th with major lightening & hail. The storm created major 1st world problems for me. Power was out 9 hours, the lightening put out internet for about 12 hours, knocked out 1 AC unit, fried our automatic gate box and it needed replaced, fried our DISH boxes and were w/o television in the residence for 3 days, fried the pool equipment, hail damage to the truck but most of all it surged and destroyed my 75 inch television in my study where I bet, Live wager & post on my desk top (have no laptop or I Pad) and watch the games all in one location. I have had a constant parade of white utility vehicles for all of above at my home for 10 days. The storm did far more damage to me than the 0-4 Saturday. Had to watch games and all TV in another room for 11 days now. Within the last 2 hours just got my new 85 inch (it's bordering on too damn big) TV installed and am back in action.
you'll have "Joe Bob's Roofing" knocking on your door.
GL this week

Notre Dame @ Louisville +6.5/54:
The first meeting btw the schools as both ranked schools. Ville sold out for game and 1st time since they last played each other in Ville in 2019. Ville 5-0 for first time since Bridgwater in 2013. Ville sinking 8th straight home win and they have not done that since winning 9 in 2015-16. ND has won 30 straight agst ACC teams, last loss in 2017 at #7 Miami. ND has covered 10 straight ATS and won 15 consecutive ACC road games and all by 10+ points, last week agst Duke being the exception. But, ND’s schedule this year has done them no favors with last 2 games being decided in last 30 seconds, now at Louisville with USC on deck. Week zero were in Ireland.

Powers: ND’s schedule is one of the factors in this game. The snap counts for key players are a concern after the last 2 games. ”This schedule is unacceptable and will catch up with them this week or next, I think it will be next. They have scheduled themselves out of the playoffs.” Powers thinks ACC officiating is an issue. ND’s biggest concern is wide receiver and are missing 4 of 5 starters from the opener…he thought this was a dire situation in Duke game but they have 2 starters back – Greathouse & Thomas. He loves ND TE Mitchell Evans. Powers is not impressed with Ville’s wins and schedule “seriously question their SOS.” NCSt held Ville to like 20 rushing yds and ND handled NCSt handily. Plummer, Ville’s QB, is facing ND 3rd straight year in 3rd different uniforms. Ville does have explosive capability with an inconsistent offense. Ville will not move the ball methodically against ND defense. Powers worried about ND being tired based on schedule.
Clemson has beaten Notre Dame twice since 2017.

Notre Dame has won 11 straight against ACC teams, not 30, with the streak beginning against FSU in the 2021 opener.

Last edited:
Clemson has beaten Notre Dame twice since 2017.

Notre Dame has won 11 straight against ACC teams, not 30, with the streak beginning against FSU in the 2021 opener.
I wud not doubt you. I thought I was writing what they said. I will listen again when I get time

My WEEK #6:
Last Week 0-4

I am blaming last week on a storm that hit my property mdnite September 24th with major lightening & hail. The storm created major 1st world problems for me. Power was out 9 hours, the lightening put out internet for about 12 hours, knocked out 1 AC unit, fried our automatic gate box and it needed replaced, fried our DISH boxes and were w/o television in the residence for 3 days, fried the pool equipment, hail damage to the truck but most of all it surged and destroyed my 75 inch television in my study where I bet, Live wager & post on my desk top (have no laptop or I Pad) and watch the games all in one location. I have had a constant parade of white utility vehicles for all of above at my home for 10 days. The storm did far more damage to me than the 0-4 Saturday. Had to watch games and all TV in another room for 11 days now. Within the last 2 hours just got my new 85 inch (it's bordering on too damn big) TV installed and am back in action.

WAZZU +3.5 2 Units -110. Took it right away when I had it for my Opening number, thinking line would come down, it is +3 now
UCLA ML -160 1 Unit. The BTB pod affected me on WAZZU. Now hoping for a UCLA 3 point or less win and a middle. I'll either win 3 units or .40 units or lose 1.2 units
CAL +9.5 -110 1 Unit. I was leaning in that direction and had it marked on my sheet. Have to say the Bear cast and whatever the Wilcox stat ATS as home dog in Pac 12 pushed me over. I think it was 10-4 ATS in this spot.

I am going to be on the Horns in some fashion too....maybe wait until live(?) and probably ND with some more.

Thats a brutal storm, glad you are okay.

Damn, people really are sleeping on Oklahoma.

GA isn't the type of team to maul anyone this year.

The only thing that worries me is I heard someone on the radio today say the team who wins the rush yards in the red river game wins like 90% the time, I dunno if he was being serious or that was hyperbole, I’ll have to look 2narro but I’ll say for as much I like this sooner team I think there next to no chance they have more rush yards in this game! Whether that means they lose I dunno, and I don’t think horns are gonna gash Ou d running the ball like they been doing to others but I don’t think ou gonna get dick on the ground here. It gonna be all about Gabriel and his oline giving him time to hit his wrs im side can separate if given time. Ultimately tho, what I think this game really gonna come down to which team can stay out of 3rd and long and which team can punch in red zone chances. Both defenses been great on 3rd downs and it red zone.

So the punk ass ncaa id finally letting the unc wr play? I wish heels woulda did like penny harfaway and says fuck the ncaa and let him play! Heels need a big time wr! I think heels will smash cuse. Tried to warn ppl betting cuse last week, their offense is trash. Clemson shut them down, I think heels d improved enough to hold down that crap offense and Maye should light them up. Mac brown heels havd fucjed me last 3 years any time I bought in but I think it different this year, they not so soft anymore. They have a physical run game, the d has some teeth, and now they got a big time wr for Maye! Cuse gonna get beat by 20!!!

So the punk ass ncaa id finally letting the unc wr play? I wish heels woulda did like penny harfaway and says fuck the ncaa and let him play! Heels need a big time wr! I think heels will smash cuse. Tried to warn ppl betting cuse last week, their offense is trash. Clemson shut them down, I think heels d improved enough to hold down that crap offense and Maye should light them up. Mac brown heels havd fucjed me last 3 years any time I bought in but I think it different this year, they not so soft anymore. They have a physical run game, the d has some teeth, and now they got a big time wr for Maye! Cuse gonna get beat by 20!!!
I was looking at the Heels even before the Walker decision. I've been very impressed with the N Carolina D. Much better than they've had. The one thing holding me back is Miami up next. You think the Heels might be looking ahead? Do they even consider Miami a big game?

Another one that caught my eye was Marshall getting 7 v. N C state. I see NC State changed QBs, but I don't blame Armstrong for the putrid offense they've had this year. You have any thoughts on that one?

I agree, it is Irish or nothing for me. They could potentially win by 35-16 or so. But, the points made by many - not just BTB pod - concerning ND's schedule, mental & physical exhaustion etc are worth thinking about. The travel from South Bend to Louisville is no big deal and if I had to bet it has to be ND...and probably the UNDER.

Both those wagers, or one, will likely make my cut

I really dunno wtf to do here. I’ve grown fond of collecting Irish money every week! If it wasn’t for the incredibly tough last 2 weeks Irish would boat race this ville team, that 5-0 record is straight up fugazi! Even with the tough spot I feel fairly confident Irish win but it tough to lay it, only cause im worried bout if they can get up for this one. Getting those 2 wrs back should be a monster boost, I think that all but makes them a lock to win, no way Hartman will let them lose to this team. Fact is Irish has nfl level corners so they can man up any team and use the rest to take away a run game. I watched ville offense vs a way down ncst team hardly did shit. I watched Gtech open a can on them in 1st half, Gtech just can’t play 2nd half d. Playing Irish defense will be like playing on Mars for planner and the ville offense cause they ain’t faced nothing like this irish team!

Let’s be real here, with Hartman Irish are one the 10 best teams in the country, they had no wrs last week, shoulda been up 24 on duke by halftime but they couldn’t finish drives cause they had no wrs! They didn’t let Duke do anything, Duke qb and offense way more clever than ville and Leonard a way better qb than Plummer!! Horrible spot or not ND is not blowing their shot at playoffs losing to this half ass ville team, it ain’t fucjing happening! Pretty sure I just talked myself into laying the 6!

I was looking at the Heels even before the Walker decision. I've been very impressed with the N Carolina D. Much better than they've had. The one thing holding me back is Miami up next. You think the Heels might be looking ahead? Do they even consider Miami a big game?

Another one that caught my eye was Marshall getting 7 v. N C state. I see NC State changed QBs, but I don't blame Armstrong for the putrid offense they've had this year. You have any thoughts on that one?

I have no clue what heels mindset is far as Miami or looking ahead but I’d think getting that kid back will give them a huge shot of energy. I’ll say this tho, they better be worried bout Miami cause canes will beat them! Van Dyke will show Maye has nothing on him! But far as this week I agree the d been much better and a good d can easily stop this cuse offense, I think they roll.

I don’t know anything bout marshall but ncst shouldn’t be laying 7 to any decent team

My WEEK #6:
Last Week 0-4

CAL +9.5 -110 1 Unit. I was leaning in that direction and had it marked on my sheet. Have to say the Bear cast and whatever the Wilcox stat ATS as home dog in Pac 12 pushed me over. I think it was 10-4 ATS in this spot.
MissState -20.5 -110 1 Unit 41-16 final

Wow. I’m sorry to hear that. That is some major damage. Wife’s family in Uvalde County didn’t get anything. We had grape-sized hail in Dallas on the 24th but no damage. I’m suing an insurance company right now for denying a hail damage claim a couple years ago. Let me know if you need any help.

I have no clue what heels mindset is far as Miami or looking ahead but I’d think getting that kid back will give them a huge shot of energy. I’ll say this tho, they better be worried bout Miami cause canes will beat them! Van Dyke will show Maye has nothing on him! But far as this week I agree the d been much better and a good d can easily stop this cuse offense, I think they roll.

I don’t know anything bout marshall but ncst shouldn’t be laying 7 to any decent team
They’ve beaten Miami the last four seasons. They won three of the games by 3 points and one by 36. I think a look ahead is extremely unlikely.

speaking of Miami (who I love this year) that game with Gtech gonna be closer that 20! It should be super fun too, van Dyke vs king should be a good time! I have no clue how or why Gtech lost to a mac team but think it creates some value here. Might be better to play 1st half cause Gtech defense has been awful all year in the 2nd half! I dunno wtf happens to them in locker room but every team lights them up out the locker room! Canes will prob hang 40ish but I still think tech stays within that huge number, king can play.

They’ve beaten Miami the last four seasons. They won three of the games by 3 points and one by 36. I think a look ahead is extremely unlikely.

Sounds good to me. I think getting the wr kid to play would offset anything like that anyways. Should be a shot in the arm!! And again if their d is real at all they will do cuse offense just like clemson dude. Schrader is not some great qb, he one these tough nosed kids that not that athletic, not that talented a thrower, but has a good head, is tough, can will his team, but that shit don’t work when they face teans that just more talented! Not to mention that offense cuse and now ncst tries to run is crap. Take away the qb run, press the shit out the wrs to take away all the short shit and they can’t move the ball outside maybe one lucky big play.

I really dunno wtf to do here. I’ve grown fond of collecting Irish money every week! If it wasn’t for the incredibly tough last 2 weeks Irish would boat race this ville team, that 5-0 record is straight up fugazi! Even with the tough spot I feel fairly confident Irish win but it tough to lay it, only cause im worried bout if they can get up for this one. Getting those 2 wrs back should be a monster boost, I think that all but makes them a lock to win, no way Hartman will let them lose to this team. Fact is Irish has nfl level corners so they can man up any team and use the rest to take away a run game. I watched ville offense vs a way down ncst team hardly did shit. I watched Gtech open a can on them in 1st half, Gtech just can’t play 2nd half d. Playing Irish defense will be like playing on Mars for planner and the ville offense cause they ain’t faced nothing like this irish team!

Let’s be real here, with Hartman Irish are one the 10 best teams in the country, they had no wrs last week, shoulda been up 24 on duke by halftime but they couldn’t finish drives cause they had no wrs! They didn’t let Duke do anything, Duke qb and offense way more clever than ville and Leonard a way better qb than Plummer!! Horrible spot or not ND is not blowing their shot at playoffs losing to this half ass ville team, it ain’t fucjing happening! Pretty sure I just talked myself into laying the 6!
All that and you didn’t even mention the OL!

I didn’t know ncst was benching Armstrong, no secret I think he ass but that just a shit coach blaming someone other than himself, I agree it not his fault they terrible. We talking about a head coach who basically started taking a knee the entire 4th qrtr with a 8 point lead on Uva! Their offense is always trash cause their head coach a loser! I knew bringing in the guy running the shit cuse offense wasn’t gonna chance anything. No OC worth a damn would ever come work for this clown coach. Idiots like him and the clown at pitt are Stone Age morons holding their schools back from playing modern football and their teams will keep getting worse every year cause why would kids with talent play for these nitwits?? Sure let’s blame Armstrong cause god forbid you admit you a incompetent boob who is barely qualified to manage a Wendy’s let alone a power 5 program! God it would take forever to get my burger if this idiot ran the burger joint!

wow. Fresno is seriously -6 at Wyoming? I have to look closer at this but I think they fucjed that line up, pretty sure that a false fav.

The only thing that worries me is I heard someone on the radio today say the team who wins the rush yards in the red river game wins like 90% the time, I dunno if he was being serious or that was hyperbole, I’ll have to look 2narro but I’ll say for as much I like this sooner team I think there next to no chance they have more rush yards in this game! Whether that means they lose I dunno, and I don’t think horns are gonna gash Ou d running the ball like they been doing to others but I don’t think ou gonna get dick on the ground here. It gonna be all about Gabriel and his oline giving him time to hit his wrs im side can separate if given time. Ultimately tho, what I think this game really gonna come down to which team can stay out of 3rd and long and which team can punch in red zone chances. Both defenses been great on 3rd downs and it red zone.

That's true. It's like Michigan/Ohio State. Big boy football.

does Danny Kennel pick games? I juy heard this idiot say cuse played clemson tough last week? Did they really Danny? I bet cuse tt under and never once did I think it could lose. They did get a whole 280 yards, clemson backers were shaking in their boots!! Lmao

hey @HUNT (or anyone else who can answer this) .. is Terps run d really stout? They holding teams to 3.3 a carry but they havnt faced a real oline or running back. Trey Henderson rush prop feels super short to me, this feels like a game osu run game should get it together but I don’t know much bout Terps outside their passing game, do they have the size on dline and lb’s to stop a legit runner?

hey @HUNT (or anyone else who can answer this) .. is Terps run d really stout? They holding teams to 3.3 a carry but they havnt faced a real oline or running back. Trey Henderson rush prop feels super short to me, this feels like a game osu run game should get it together but I don’t know much bout Terps outside their passing game, do they have the size on dline and lb’s to stop a legit runner?

I don't think it is based on the level of their competition, but I've been plenty wrong before.

does Danny Kennel pick games? I juy heard this idiot say cuse played clemson tough last week? Did they really Danny? I bet cuse tt under and never once did I think it could lose. They did get a whole 280 yards, clemson backers were shaking in their boots!! Lmao
Well, that game would have been lower scoring and likely a one possession affair without 3 huge Cuse turnovers.

Clemson first legit scoring drive was their 3rd one.

Well...

A run defense statistically can be masked by many things.

Game score and situation being the biggest.

We see this a lot when a team is "front running" the first month of a season.

This could be the case.

Obviously the hope here is OSU plays from a multiple score lead and runs a lot in 2h... albeit not too big of a lead where he loses carries.

Well, that game would have been lower scoring and likely a one possession affair without 3 huge Cuse turnovers.

Clemson first legit scoring drive was their 3rd one.

I suppose that fair but cuse offense was really never a threat to do much of anything. I dunno, I watched more of that gm than a normal person should have and it never felt like a struggle for clemson or that cuse was any threat to win. I Heard him on whatever football show say how “cuse pushed clemson hard” when talking bout them for this week and it just rang as very disingenuous to me. Certainly not trying to praise clemson offense the game just didn’t feel like a struggle cause the d was in total control.

Kanell picks games on the Cover 3 podcast, which I like a lot (not necessarily to tail picks - Bud Elliott is really good, Tom Fornelli is decent, Chip Patterson is fine and Kanell normally the worst of the 4, but having a good year so far this year). Their picks ep is 11 am on Thursdays on youtube, usually makes it's way to podcast form around 2 pm. I wouldn't straight tail anyone's picks, really (doubt you would either, bank) but discussion, interplay and chemistry on this podcast makes it a solid listen imho.

Back