ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 9

The problem is Slovis sucks under pressure, unc creates none, and pit run game should gash unc, I been awful w unc last 2 years tho so wouldn’t listen to me
Yeah, I like the over in the game. The Abanikanda prop is 125 yards, which he should do but the game over feels better.

I like Ole Miss and the -2. Everyone in the country seems to like aTm here. I'm still pondering it so will probably just bet it in a parlay

As sick it feels I think we getting insane value to back the Sooners
I don't see the value myself. It's a hard game to handicap though.

I can't recall a game I've evaluated where one side--Iowa State--has a defense so much better it's laughable, but that same team has an offense that becomes helpless at time. They definitely can't win a shootout

I prefer to bet on defense so if I bet this one it will be Iowa State

Last edited:
Added Best Bet for Steve and Bear. Also added two additional picks by Bear

Steve
N Dame +2 Best Bet

Bear
BC -7x Best Bet
Okla -1x
Coastal Carolina +2x

Adding Ohio State as first team in a two-team teaser.

That's that only other early game I'm handicapping. I'll look at the rest tomorrow when I have a clear brain

I don't see the value myself. It's a hard game to handicap though.

I can't recall a game I've evaluated where one side--Iowa State--has a defense so much better it's laughable, but that same team has an offense that becomes helpless at time. They definitely can't win a shootout

I prefer to bet on defense so if I bet this one it will be Iowa State

I still think Sooners could play defense, coach has a pretty dang good track record and players im sure every bit as talented as isu,

I knew I was forgetting something. Here are Clay Travis Selections. Since Week 2 he has been good fade material. I will post a few selected comments he made on games

I am off to a rousing 0-2 for the weekend. Mormons got me twice

We went 6-8 last week in our college football picks to run our season record to 41-49 on the season.

TCU at West Virginia +7.5
West Virginia has been sneaky good at home this year, they just haven’t played many home games yet. Meanwhile TCU has been on an absolute gauntlet of four straight ranked opponent

Ohio State at Penn State +15.5
the last six games between these two teams have been decided by 13 points or less.

Georgia Tech +24.5 at Florida State

Arkansas -3.5 at Auburn

Arkansas has had two weeks to get ready for a really mediocre Auburn team and I believe the Razorbacks have an offensive gear Auburn simply can’t match.
Which is why I love Arkansas to win this game by double digits.

Northwestern at Iowa -10.5
I’ve bet on Iowa like five times this year and been wrong every time.

Oklahoma State +1.5 at Kansas State

Florida +22.5 vs. Georgia
This is the largest margin line we’ve seen in the modern era of cocktail parties and I just keep thinking the Gators will show up and actually give Georgia a bit of a challenge, at least for a half.
Yes, Georgia has won four of the past five games, but do we really think this Bulldog offense is truly elite? The Gators cover a massive number in this one.

Missouri at South Carolina, Under 47.5

Kentucky at Tennessee -12.5

This game isn’t going to be close; Tennessee is way better at everything Kentucky does well. Let me explain: the Wildcats want to run the football, but Tennessee has had one of the best run defenses in college football this year, meaning I think the Kentucky offense will struggle to move the ball on the ground.
Okay, what about passing? Well, the Vol’s secondary isn’t very good, but the Kentucky offensive line is awful and the Vol’s defensive front is very good at getting pressure, meaning Will Levis is likely in for a long day.

Ole Miss -2.5 at Texas A&M
I think Lane Kiffin will be able to scheme up some offensive opportunities for his team that get them the road victory here

Michigan State at Michigan -22.5
Michigan State has won two games in a row over Michigan, but two years ago in Ann Arbor, Michigan won by 34.
That’s going to happen again this year; the Wolverines race out to a big early lead and are never challenged en route to covering a big number.

BYU is a different team at home. The only way I'd play that one is BYU.
Whelp, I haven't much BYU this year but a loss at home to ecu tells me this team has gotten worse as the season has progressed. If BYU paid it's coaches and didn't hard strict requirements Sitake would be on the hot seat.

I still think Sooners could play defense, coach has a pretty dang good track record and players im sure every bit as talented as isu,
The Sooners have better material overall, I agree.

Who you betting today? Any preferences on Georgia/Florida?

The Sooners have better material overall, I agree.

Who you betting today? Any preferences on Georgia/Florida?

So far I’ve just bet the early games, of those I’m on

Irish
Arky (big)
Sooners

Then I took both qb over passing yards in the tcu/wvu game. Saunders and Jefferson over rush yards vs aub. Think that bout it for 11 starts. I’m on Louisville big against wake. Working on the rest.

Irish
Arky (big)
Sooners

Then I took both qb over passing yards in the tcu/wvu game. Saunders and Jefferson over rush yards vs aub. Think that bout it for 11 starts. I’m on Louisville big against wake. Working on the rest.
I took the Jefferson o52 yards rush prop too, along with Arky -3.

Take a look at Charbonnet over 115 yards against Stanford.

Irish
Arky (big)
Sooners

I'm leaning Ville, but haven't pulled the trigger

Leaning Arkansas too, and looking for the best number now.

Too late. Messed around too long and got shut out. Only three games going on the early kickoffs

I'm leaning Ville, but haven't pulled the trigger

Leaning Arkansas too, and looking for the best number now.

Too late. Messed around too long and got shut out. Only three games going on the early kickoffs

I try to limit early kicks also, they been my worst time slot all year but I think huge edge w Irish, aub, Sooners (if they play like they can!)

Debating splitting the ville bet, I have no doubt ville more talented. But they not as well coached. They could be up big and blow it late: i have nightmares of all the times I was counting a ville Win In 4fv then the fall apart. They were actually good in 4th last week but aided bt awful calls!

FWIW at this time I have bets on Utah -7 Lose, BYU -3 Lose & Rutgers +14.5 Lose

Adds:

I will post all my plays here so I don't mess up the whole thread:
UCLA -16.5 Win
UCF -1 -120 Win

Parlay: Razorback ML/Nebraska +7.5 pays 2:1 Lose
FWIW added these bets Live or 2H

Cyclones +4 Live Lose
Under 51.5 OU/Cyclones Live Win
Buckeyes -4.5 Live Win
USF TT Over 8.5 2H Win
ND TT Over 10.5 2H Win

Added:

Tennessee -10 -120 Win
Navy TT Over 26.5 Win
UNDER 36.5 Iowa/NW Live Lose

Last edited:
Added UCF ML (-115)

Added Florida +23x as second team in Arkansas parlay

Still can't find any information on who's playing and who's not in Kansas St/Okla St game

Last edited:
"Kstate beat writer said adrian Martinez completed warm-ups with 1st strong offense ....I'm still not convinced"

I'm not either, KSUVOLS4 Lif4

Last edited:
Just realized my teaser with Ohio State is still alive. Didn't bother naming a second team because I thought it was a goner. Not many games left so will leave it alive for next week

Greg McElroy had the best week of any picker, going 3-0. SVP had his worst week of the year. Adam Kramer was under .500 for the third time in the last four weeks. Bill Bender (2-1) did better as a ML Dog picker than almost all the handicappers. Phil Steele had his third straight winning week. Colin had another winning week

ESPN Pickers:
Stanford Steve— (2-2) (20-18) 2020-21 Total (71-56) Best Bet (6-4)

BYU -3 lose
Pitt +3 lose
E Michigan +6x win
Notre Dame +2x Best Bet win

Scott Van Pelt—(3-7-1) (40-33) 2020-21 Total (99-77)

W. Virginia +7x lose
Iowa St +1 lose
Notre Dame +2x win
Virginia +2 tie
California +17 lose
Louisville +4 win
Missouri +3x win
Kentucky +12 lose
Arizona +16x lose
Texas A&M +2 lose
Pittsburgh +3 lose

The Bear—(3-3) (26-17) 2020-21 Total (61-65) Bank Picks—(0-3) (11-13)

Ohio State -15x lose
Missouri +4 win
Texas A&M +2 lose
BC -7x Best Bet lose
Okla -1x win
Coastal Carolina +2x win

Gameday Super Dog Picks, Season Record

David—— E Mich win (8-1) 2021 Season 8-6
Kirk——Nebraska lose (5-4) 2021 Season 9-4-1
Desmond—S D State win (6-3) 2021 Season 9-5
Reece—— Ark State lose (5-4) 2021 Season 9-5
Lee—Auburn lose (3-6) 2021 Season 10-3-1

Other Pickers:
Adam Kramer—(4-6) (51-34)

Louisville +4 win
UCF +1 win
Missouri +4 win
Pitt +3 lose
aTm +2x lose
Utah/WSU o 55 lose
Marshall -2x lose
BYU -3 lose
Minnesota -14 win
Auburn +3x lose

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— (3-2) (22-16) 2020-21 Total (66-77)

Cardinals + 3x lose
Saints +1x win
Lions +3x lose
Patriots -2x win
Browns +3x win

Phil Steele—(3-2-1) (28-22) 2020-21 Total (78-87)

Hawaii +10x win
Navy -13x lose
Notre Dame +2x win
Louisville +3x win
Miami Fla -2 tie
Michigan -22x lose

Pamela Maldonado—(2-3) (24-20) 2021 (17-23)

Iowa State +1x lose
aTm +2 lose
Pitt +3 lose
Illinois -7x win
UCF -1 win

My Picks—(1-2) (32-21) 2020-21 Total (108-65)
(Parlays—(10-3) (
four wins were teasers)
W Virginia +7x lose
Texas Tech -2x lose
UCF ML win
Teaser--Ohio State, 2nd team tbn later open
Parlay --Arkansas -4/Florida +23x win
Teaser--Ohio St 2nd half/Tennessee win
Teaser--Michigan/Tennessee win
Strong lean UCF, Iowa State. Lean Ole Miss, Florida, Michigan, Tennessee. Probably bet those last four in parlays

ESPN D-League Pickers:
Tyler Fulghum—(2-1) (15-10) 2021 (17-15)

Ga/Tenn u 56x win
Mizzou/S Caro u 47 win
Texas Tech/Baylor o 62x lose (by ½)

Greg McElroy—(3-0) (17-10)

UCF -1x win
Louisville +4 win
Missouri +4 win

Joe Fortenbaugh—(1-1-1) (13-13) 2021 (25-33)

Wash State +8 win
Michigan -22 tie
Kentucky +12x lose

Doug Kezirian—(1-2) (12-18) 2021 (22-28)

N Dame/Syracuse o 48 win
Auburn tt o 28x lose
Wyoming/Hawaii o 50x lose

MLDog Pickers:
Bill Bender—(2-1) (11-16) 2021 (9-30)

Oklahoma State lose
N Dame win
Coastal Carolina win

Mike DeCourcy—(1-2) (10-17) 2021 (15-24)

Baylor win
Nebraska lose
Kentucky lose

Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-2-1) (4-22) 2021 (17-23)

Virginia tie
Cincinnati lose
Okla State lose

Bill Trocci—(1-2) (6-21) 2021 (16-23)

FIU win
Akron lose
Northwestern lose

My initial wagers below. I went 0-3 on my initial wagers last week, but finished with a marginal winning % and + money. I posted wins/losses in that thread.

Ky -1.5
UTSA -1
UH ML
UCLA -11

I'll be posting the usual Bet the Board and Clay Travis this week

My initial wagers below. I went 0-3 on my initial wagers last week, but finished with a marginal winning % and + money. I posted wins/losses in that thread.

Ky -1.5
UTSA -1
UH ML
UCLA -11

I'll be posting the usual Bet the Board and Clay Travis this week
Just recognized this is last week's thread. The above is for this week #10

Just recognized this is last week's thread. The above is for this week #10
I'll be posting Week 10 tomorrow afternoon

Lot of games look good to me this week. Made four early bets:
Baylor +3x
Miss State -10x
Kansas St +2x (based on my guess Martinez plays)
Tennessee +9
Strong lean Memphis, Kansas (based on the fact I hear their QB is back and maybe their RB as well). Lean LSU, Washington, Tulane, Clemson, but I'm not likely to lay that extra 1/2 on the road

Interested in what 2daBank has to say about Clemson/N Dame and Wake/NC State. He nailed the ACC last week

Last edited:
I'll be posting Week 10 tomorrow afternoon

Lot of games look good to me this week. Made four early bets:
Baylor +3x
Miss State -10x
Kansas St +2x (based on my guess Martinez plays)
Tennessee +9
Strong lean Memphis, LSU. Lean Washington, Tulane, Clemson, but I'm not likely to lay that extra 1/2 on the road

Interested in what 2daBank has to say about Clemson/N Dame and Wake/NC State. He nailed the ACC last week
I am almost assuredly betting on Tennessee

Back