ESPN Handicapper Picks--Championship Weekend

Whittingham is the ultimate players coach, if you can't respond to him and his style that's on the player

That also might lend itself to more of a possession clock-grinding type game, they may not want to overuse their #1 target if he isn't 100%.

I really don’t think usc is gonna let them grind out long drives w the run game. Maybe they can, I dunno, I’m not worried bout total or props, I’m super committed to usc winning and 3 weeks ago I was talking bout possibly fading them thinking they couldn’t get these 3 games but the more I watched Williams the more I believed.

I really don’t think usc is gonna let them grind out long drives w the run game. Maybe they can, I dunno, I’m not worried bout total or props, I’m super committed to usc winning and 3 weeks ago I was talking bout possibly fading them thinking they couldn’t get these 3 games but the more I watched Williams the more I believed.
Utah can use their passing game much like a running game to chew clock.

By grinding clock I mean some 5 minute drives. They can get the play action going and they'll be passing, I just doubt that Utah wants to get into the kind of game they were for 2+/3 quarters last game. The throw it all around the yard type game. Utes were here last year and had a 35-25 TOP edge over Oregon. I think there are more reasons than one that Utah will not want to make the game as wide open the first one was. So that effects the total more than my overall expectation for the winner of the game, which I think will be USC.

Agree 100%. McAfee is the most unlikable guy on TV, and i don't just mean on sports TV. You can see his mind is going 100 miles an hour trying to think of some way to get attention. I've never heard him say one smart thing or one interesting thing in all the time he's been on the air, and the most comical part is he thinks he's killing it.

I liked Gameday and got a ton of information from it, but I quit watching once they added McAfee.
He was like that in person when I saw him in Lake Tahoe for celebrity golf. I told him my opinion on UFO’s and he said, You’re blowing my mind right now.

Fresno/boise thoughts? Considering what I thought bout boise at beginning the year it crazy I like them now. Getting rid of that garbage qb all it took as everything seemed to turn. All I can do is look at the meeting earlier this year and last year where boise had their way with these guys, once with the awful qb mentioned above, then again this year the 2nd game after the change but Heaner didn’t play in this years game so that doesn’t mean much, the fact boise was able to run all over them and score 40 might be meaningful tho, not much heaner playing will do about that. Boise has had their way on the ground both the last 2 meetings, not sure anything be different here? Kinda tough to cap outside their recent meetings cause the rest the MW was so awful this year! Boise gets after qbs and forces bad throws, they picked Heaner 3x last year while putting him under quite a bit of pressure. To me that the difference, what boise does best on offense (runs the ball) fresno hasn’t proven capable of stopping whole boise d has shown they can give Heaner problems. Only -3 on the Smurf turf seems like the right play to me. Looks like decent chance of rain which I’d think favors boise also.

Fresno/boise thoughts? Considering what I thought bout boise at beginning the year it crazy I like them now. Getting rid of that garbage qb all it took as everything seemed to turn. All I can do is look at the meeting earlier this year and last year where boise had their way with these guys, once with the awful qb mentioned above, then again this year the 2nd game after the change but Heaner didn’t play in this years game so that doesn’t mean much, the fact boise was able to run all over them and score 40 might be meaningful tho, not much heaner playing will do about that. Boise has had their way on the ground both the last 2 meetings, not sure anything be different here? Kinda tough to cap outside their recent meetings cause the rest the MW was so awful this year! Boise gets after qbs and forces bad throws, they picked Heaner 3x last year while putting him under quite a bit of pressure. To me that the difference, what boise does best on offense (runs the ball) fresno hasn’t proven capable of stopping whole boise d has shown they can give Heaner problems. Only -3 on the Smurf turf seems like the right play to me. Looks like decent chance of rain which I’d think favors boise also.

I can see running QB from Boise giving Fresno problems. San Diego State and UNLV QBs had good running games vs them. Green did not in first game vs Fresno, but it was also only his second game starting.

I can see running QB from Boise giving Fresno problems. San Diego State and UNLV QBs had good running games vs them. Green did not in first game vs Fresno, but it was also only his second game starting.

For sure. They had 2 rb go for over 100 in that game, last year they ran for 187 on fresno, I just don’t think fresno has shown anything that says they can stop what boise does best. I think boise d will get some stops.

I don’t understand why the hell CoC even gets to play in this game. James Madison blew their doors off, I don’t get this rule where they joined the conf but not allowed to play in conf championship despite being the best damn team?!?!? How that make any sense?

Posted Adam Kramer picks. He definitely had the best year of any of the public pickers so he earned my respect. (That total bet on TCU/K State interests me and I may go the same way he did)

TCU/Kansas St o 61x
Georgia -17x
Clemson -7x
Michigan/Purdue u 52
Tulane -3x
Fresno St +3x
UTSA -9

I don’t understand why the hell CoC even gets to play in this game. James Madison blew their doors off, I don’t get this rule where they joined the conf but not allowed to play in conf championship despite being the best damn team?!?!? How that make any sense?

It is a "transition" year. I don't know specifics. Although in the past some of the IAA/FCS teams when they moved up were not eligible for a bowl game their first year either. Similar reasoning, but I do not know why they did or make it like that. In hindsight, JMU would've been a fantastic bet last week. They knew they could not play for the conference title, so last week, that was their title game.

It is a "transition" year. I don't know specifics. Although in the past some of the IAA/FCS teams when they moved up were not eligible for a bowl game their first year either. Similar reasoning, but I do not know why they did or make it like that. In hindsight, JMU would've been a fantastic bet last week. They knew they could not play for the conference title, so last week, that was their title game.

I don’t understand it al all but guess nothing unusual for ncaa to have stupid ass rules! I really havnt followed jmu all year, havnt even seen them play, they seem pretty good tho!

One hour till UTSA/N Texas kicks off. I don't have any strong feelings on it, but want to bet just because this is the last weekend and we are running out of opportunities.

Anyone have any strong feel for side or total?

I wanted to go over in NTex-UTSA, but it's not my nature on something so high. Last game the 1H, going by memory, had like 12 pts at halftime! Then they scored a ton in the 2H. I will wait and see how it unfolds. I did take NTex with the pts.

Posted Phil Steele picks (You KNEW he was going to pick at least one FCS game)
Ohio +3
Montana St -4
UCF +4

I don't know much about the MAC and haven't bet it all year, but his Ohio bet looks good on the surface

Posted Phil Steele picks (You KNEW he was going to pick at least one FCS game)
Ohio +3
Montana St -4
UCF +4

I don't know much about the MAC and haven't bet it all year, but his Ohio bet looks good on the surface

I didn’t even bet the weeknight maction this year, no clue. Seems odd that ucf line keeps getting higher. Plumlee rushing total is 67.5, he went for 176 the 1st meeeting!

I didn’t even bet the weeknight maction this year, no clue. Seems odd that ucf line keeps getting higher. Plumlee rushing total is 67.5, he went for 176 the 1st meeeting!

Plumlee has been injured and hasn't finished some of the games. So maybe that is why his number is on the lower side? He had some big runs the first game.

Plumlee has been injured and hasn't finished some of the games. So maybe that is why his number is on the lower side? He had some big runs the first game.

18 Carries for 180, id say so, lol. He was banged up going into the 1st meeting as well wasnt he?

Bet Parlay USC -2x/TBD

I'm going to live or die with USC this week. I've also got the only futures bet I made this year on Williams winning the Heisman. I feel good about that one and expect him to clinch it tonight

that I do not know

Pretty sure he left the cincy game early then missed the nemphis game leading up to 1st meeting. Then he appeared limited vs navy after but ran for 133 on 8 Carries last week. Keene played in both games tho.

That line seems odd to me too. I've liked Tulane all year, but UCF ran roughshod over them in the first meeting. Maybe an injury to Plumlee is the reason everyone likes Tulane so much

That line seems odd to me too. I've liked Tulane all year, but UCF ran roughshod over them in the first meeting. Maybe an injury to Plumlee is the reason everyone likes Tulane so much

I think part of it Tulane a good story and easy to root for but yea, no clue how much he will play as he only played in parts of every game since last meeting.

Bet Parlay USC -2x/TBD

I'm going to live or die with USC this week. I've also got the only futures bet I made this year on Williams winning the Heisman. I feel good about that one and expect him to clinch it tonight

I’ve got 5-6 parlays I made w various bets all week and finished w usc ml, makes or breaks my week, lol.

I've been playing a couple small favorites ML also laterly, Tahoe style! I still lay the pts and take the ML, if they win and cover = 2-0! If the win but no cover then I split. As for the other outcome.... we just hope they don't lose

I've been playing a couple small favorites ML also laterly, Tahoe style! I still lay the pts and take the ML, if they win and cover = 2-0! If the win but no cover then I split. As for the other outcome.... we just hope they don't lose

I bet soccer this week so have some plus money plays attached to usc ml that pay pretty good, then I did bills/usc last night, 2 different props + usc but missed one of them. I wasn’t really scared to lay the points just when I end up w a lot at stake In parlay form I’ll be damned if my 2-3 point fav wins but don’t cover and cost me!!

I don't have strong feelings about any of the Saturday games. I can see a thousand reasons to take either side in most of them so I'll likely just play a few parlays and teasers. Played TCU +4x/TCU K State 55x in teaser.

Six title games this week have teams that played during the regular season. Two of them were tonight and the team that won the first game won again tonight.

A unique situation in one game. New Mexico State won five games this year and had one game cancelled (I think someone on the other team died). It's been a great year for N Mex St and the idea they could go to a bowl fired up the school and the fans so they got special permission to schedule another game if they could find a team to play. They found Valparaiso (FCS) who said they'd play even though they already ended the season so had to call the players back. NM St is laying 30 in their biggest game in decades.

According to a report from Ben Koo of Awful Announcing, Chris “The Bear” Fallica is set to leave ESPN for FOX. Reportedly, Fallica will be joining Big Noon Kickoff, the FOX competitor of ESPN’s College GameDay.

You were right, Pressitup. They all said goodbye to the Bear today and said he is "off to a new venture."

Back