ESPN Friday Night Fights thread...

LOL paris looks stoned in this fight. Already soundly out worked in rd 1.

LOL...I was kinda thinkin the same thing bro. But, I think he's trying too hard to prove that he's more mature and defensive minded, rather than boxing to his strength and pressing the action, letting his hands go.

Paris better have zero excuses if he loses this fight somehow. He looks HUGE compared to perez.

LOL...totally agree bro. He's bigger, stronger, faster, and fighting in his own backyard. No excuses tonight. Did you see how many guys he had in his corner? LOL There was like 100+ dudes in the ring.

Paris is losing this fight. He needs to crank it up quick, or he could very well lose this scrap against Perez.

For me it was Bradley v Provodnikov. Maybe because it was something totally unexpected and one of the most dramatic fights i've seen in quite awhile.

Fwiw i was BEYOND pumped to see Alvarado win that fight. Especially since I had told a room of pretty serious fight fans how Mile High Mike didn't realize how open Rios was to the overhand right in the first fight. They looked at me like I was crazy and he didn't have much of a chance until he BOMBED Rios with that first overhand right.

For me it was Bradley v Provodnikov. Maybe because it was something totally unexpected and one of the most dramatic fights i've seen in quite awhile.

Totally agree in regards to it being quite unexpected. Was very surprised at the heart Bradley showed, especially after getting dropped in the 12th and getting up off the canvas and surviving a horrific beating at the hands of Provodnikov.

Bradley v JMM and Froch v Kessler and Peterson v Mattysshe hopefully take the top three spots for FOTY. It would be a very good year.....

Fwiw i was BEYOND pumped to see Alvarado win that fight. Especially since I had told a room of pretty serious fight fans how Mile High Mike didn't realize how open Rios was to the overhand right in the first fight. They looked at me like I was crazy and he didn't have much of a chance until he BOMBED Rios with that first overhand right.

I was pumped to see Mile High pull out the win too bro. That overhand right turned the whole fight around for him. Rios was never really the same after that, as he realized Alvarado could hurt him, and conversely, Alvarado's confidence increased exponentially from that point on. Love how he utilized the ring and set up Rios for those nasty right hands all night long. Simply put, Alvarado outboxed Rios and stuck to his gameplan. Great strategy and execution on Mike's part. Can't wait for the rubber match.

I was pumped to see Mile High pull out the win too bro. That overhand right turned the whole fight around for him. Rios was never really the same after that, as he realized Alvarado could hurt him, and conversely, Alvarado's confidence increased exponentially from that point on. Love how he utilized the ring and set up Rios for those nasty right hands all night long. Simply put, Alvarado outboxed Rios and stuck to his gameplan. Great strategy and execution on Mike's part. Can't wait for the rubber match.

EXACTLY how I saw that fight and I really think Alvarado's corner doesn't get a ton of credit. His guys consistently give him excellent advice during a fight and I think that was discounted in the rematch. It's just assumed that 9 times out of 10 Garcia is the better trainer in the fight and he was absolutely out game planned in the rematch.... and a fight breaks out in this Paris fight.

I think I list Rios/Alvarado ahead of Bradley/Provodnikov simply because it actually lived up to the immense hype, and sets up for yet another future FOTY.

WTF?!?! Paris wins by UD?!?! You've got to be fucking kidding me! What a joke. What bullshit scores...unreal.

Cut in Rd 3 yes. It's ugly. Jean not really bothered by it. Dude he's fighting is in Muay Thai shorts, funny shit. Close fight. I have Jean 2-1.

Hard to judge how good Jean is but he's another guy to add to the 140 mix. Plus he's on Showtime so he should be able to fight a good GB opponent in the fall.

Back