EPL Plays From North of the Border Aug 23 to Aug 25

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
YTD: 2-2 +0.30
Sides: 1-2 -0.65
Totals: 1-0 +0.95

Arsenal 1H -0.5 @ 2.15 (3 Units)
The smaller known London derby between Arsenal and Fulham has seem a one sided result since 2001. This is a basic matchup between patience/discipline vs lack of focus. Arsenal still boast probably the best squad in terms of holding up the ball and efficient passing, they have deadly dribblers and great speed to up the tempo at any time. The 1-0 scoreline in opening day for the Gunners didn't do justice as they clearly dominated the match and should of won more convincingly. I sense this Arsenal squad will do the same thing they did last year, start on fire. Fulham got extremely complacent after scoring the first goal vs Hull. The Cottagers are the sort of team that work at a high rate for the first 20mins but after that tend to dwindle. This is a risky bet just because the rate of home teams that tend to get a point in the EPL is extremely high but, I fancy Arsenal to come out flying and just laying back and force Fulham to come after them. If this goes 0-0 or 1-1 into HT, watch Arsenal win in the last 10mins or something lol.

Sunday:
Portsmouth/Man Utd Under 2.25 @ 2.03 (5 Units)

Absolutely love this play. I've followed Utd when they are listed around 1.80-1.90 and I have noticed a high rate of unders when they are short favorites. Already the 2nd meeting between the two this season, a 0-0 regulation time scoreline earlier in the community shield should see a repeat in the scoreline. Pompey will respond to their embarassing 4-0 loss to Chelsea last week. Manager Harry Redknapp is notorious for drilling his team when he doesn't like something and expect a big response from the Fratton Park faithful to cheer on their team. Portsmouth is exactly the sort of team Utd do not like to play. They drain and drain the oppositions attack in hopes that the counter attack will work. Utd still look a little unsettled in their attack without Ronaldo or Anderson. They still can work efficiently but not in the same impact. I'm going to take the risk that Utd will still take time to mold their attack. It took them 8 games before they managed to score 2 goals last season. Seems to me we are going through another de ja vu period. Portsmouth could very well take 3 points here if Utd plan on playing the same way they did vs Newcastle. But a draw seems realistic for both sides
Prediction: Portsmouth 0-0 Man Utd

check any major site about 30 minutes before kickoff for the lineups.

it's a tough one to call, but it looks like a 1-1 or 1-2 type game.

I locked in on MU at (-115). I couldn't pull the trigger on the over, although I still think at +130 there is some strong value there. With Liverpool and Chelsea already at 6 points, even though it's early, I can't see United not coming away with some points today, so they will tighten up on possession and try to get a goal and leave with a 1-0. It's going to take a few matches for Portsmouth's attack to gel and them to find their best form. United's back 4 is as stable as they come, I'll take my chances on the road today.

taking manU as well @-121...... a little late to the party on the under 2.5 but its @ -157 on 5dimes and im not layin that

BOL on it though TM, looks good bro!

it's scary how united bossed the midfield without the likes of hargreaves, carrick, nani, ronaldo, giggs, and ji sung.

and the black cougar, patrice evra is something else. the man is one of the best left-backs in the world, but a lot of people forget that he used to play as a striker earlier in his career, so pushing him further up the park as he was today is not that big a deal.

it's scary how united bossed the midfield without the likes of hargreaves, carrick, nani, ronaldo, giggs, and ji sung.

and the black cougar, patrice evra is something else. the man is one of the best left-backs in the world, but a lot of people forget that he used to play as a striker earlier in his career, so pushing him further up the park as he was today is not that big a deal.

agree on all points. Love Evra, and the runs he was able to make today with Tevez on the field were absent last week. I think with Anderson in the midfield, O'Shea was able to take up a more defensive position and let Evra make more happen, which is good of course. And when Ronaldo and Carrick get back in the mix, this team has an embarrassment of riches.

Was a good day, and thanks to Toronto_Mike for talking me off the under:cheers:

Back