Emergency Alert II Team in deep trouble

Line Exploiter

Pretty much a regular
I have returned after everyone's narrow victory last week with UNC over Maryland, which the line actually went down to 1.5 or 2 by game time. Maryland played their hearts out, but came up short against a very injured UNC team that I don't think is very good. This Maryland team had 4 more players injured in the game against UNC, including their star Linebacker Erin Henderson and lone remaining O-Lineman from the start of the year Scott Burley. Furthermore, the backup O-Lineman to Burley was injured forcing UM to play a walk-on Freshman!

B.C. comes in off a devastating loss to FSU in which their defense looked slow and their Heisman quarterback looked very average. I was a little worried that B.C. would have a hangover from the FSU game, but was quickly relieved of that fear when I saw that the B.C.-UM game would be on ABC at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday night. B.C. still has big time goals in front of them (ACC title, ACC championship game, and represent ACC in BCS game). They are smart enough to rebound on National T.V. and Matt Ryan wants to make amends for 2 down games against V.T. and FSU! I watched both games and can tell all of you that the majority of both games were played in brutal conditions with high winds which negated the passing game. The weather for Saturday might be a little chilly, but the conditions will be 100% better than the last 2 games and Ryan should flourish against a wore down UM defense. Um has so many injuries on the O-Line that I think the defense will spend a long time on the field and be very succeptible to a usually potent B.C. offense!
I have already made a large bet on B.C. -5.5 and will be laying more money after confirming that Henderson will not play (he is their heart and soul). This line should be at least 10 and I don't think it will stay at 5.5 much longer, I advise anyone who likes this game to fire it right now! The line will certainly go up by Thursday when Dr. Bob or Walters put their 2 sense in on the game! I think the final score will be B.C. 37 UM 10 and I recommend a Big Big Bet on B.C. all the way up to 7! Good Luck guys, hope the info is beneficial.

Thank you very much for this information. I will certainly give BC heavy consideration now

Injuries Taking a Toll...
The Terps have been hit by the injury bug in some key areas, RG Andrew Crummey, a preseason All-American, could miss the rest of the regular season after fracturing his left fibula vs. Georgia Tech (Oct. 6). Reserve DT Travis Ivey has missed the last three weeks. He suffered a knee injury vs. the Yellow Jackets. LB Rick Costa, who was starting for an injured Erin Henderson, incurred a sprained neck vs. the Yellow Jackets and is out indefinitely. QB Jordan Steffy sat out vs. Georgia Tech and Virginia after suffering a concussion vs. Rutgers (Sept. 29). He was cleared to play the last two weeks. The injuries continued the last three weeks. Starting left guard Jaimie Thomas was lost for the season when he fractured his right fibula vs. Virginia (Oct. 20). FB Cory Jackson played most of the Virginia game with a broken hand and missed the Clemson contest. He returned vs. UNC (Nov. 3). In addition, DE Mack Frost injured his right knee vs. the Cavaliers and is lost for the season. TE Dan Gronkowski left the Clemson game with a knee injury. He missed the UNC game and is most likely out this weekend. LT Scott Burley has played the last two weeks, but sparingly due to an ankle injury. His backup, true freshman Bruce Campbell, has also been on and off the field with an ankle injury. Redshirt freshman Paul Pinegar, a walk-on, has replaced them. Junior Drew Robinson, a backup safety and special teams player, appears to be out for the season with a knee injury, one he suffered vs. the Tar Heels. The Terps also lost Alex Wujciak, who was expected to vie for one of the starting linebacker roles, during the preseason. In all, the Terps have 13 members of the two-deep missed at least one game this season due to injury. That number does not include Burley even though he had just three plays vs. Clemson (Oct. 27).

Couldnt agree more. Yes md is decent against the pass but I just cant see them scoring much against the BC defense. Anything under 7 has value imo.

I just wanted to update everyone that Um's starting LT Scott Burley is most likely out of the game and their defensive leader Erin Henderson (best defensive player) is very doubtful with multiple injuries the latest a bad back! The line is starting to climb to 6.5 and will probably be above 7 come Thursday, so if you have an out I would get down now! I put a large bet a -5.5 and came back with a big bet a 6, but once it gets above 7 a lot of the value will be lost even though I expect a 20 pt. wion or better!

Hey Line, great write up..

love the comments about the weather, i agree 100%, the bc offense is built for good weather, cold isnt an issue, the rain and wind are. (not taking anything away from FSU) as you said first time in 3 games good weather. the injuries updates are great info.. thanks !! I only play ml's and i got this one at 2-1, i try to find 1 or 2 games per saturday to hit and this was already on the radar, BC needs this game more than Maryland, so much more at stake for the team and individual purposes.
BOL.

Cashman: Thanks for the input and I may consider adding a money line parlay as I also like N.C. State and Air Force.

Sportfanatic71: I was just getting ready to check the UM website for Cambell's availabilty, good work and I think the true Freshman will be in for a long day.

Lowgo: Good Luck, lets cash again together!

Tide High: Good Luck!

I am surprised that B.C. is still only favored by 6.5, but I think it gives everyone who hasn't seen this thread an excellent oppurtunity to bet B.C. The weather is going to be cold at U.M., but light winds will make it a perfect passing day for Matt Ryan! Lets make some money together!

I think your analysis is sound and all of what you say makes good sense, but that line is very soft IMO. Consider what you have said and ask yourself: If all of what I believe is true then why in the world is the line only 6.5.
That line screams BC for an easy cover. Not trying to talk you out of it, just trying to give you someting to think about.

gl..

Back