Eastern Conference First Round Discussion Thread...

No idea but this completely changes things for Chicago. Momentum is fully on their side. Nobody expects the Celtics to come back.... but Stevens needs to make adjustments clearly. Hopefully he plays the bigs more.

Wade is killer when he has his fresh legs but if he's handling the more it could really fuck up the mojo as has happened plenty of times this season. Stevens needs to stop worrying about defending the perimeter and limit the bulls second chance points.

The celtics aren't going to stop being who they are. They need to hit their 3s to win.

i think this is a must win for chicago believe it or not.....boston wins tonight they def will push the momentum meter to there side esp with rondo out.... bulls will start questioning whether they can win this series without rondo...... his play i thought was the #1-2-3-4 reason there up 2-0 allowed the chi bigs to do there thing down low

Doug Smith: RaptorsVerified account @SmithRaps <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 2m2 minutes ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; position: relative;">More
</button>

There will be changes for the Raptors, Dwane Casey says, but he won't divulge them for an hour or so. Speculate away

I don't see how the pacers get off the bus
They will for a few qtrs. We've seen this enough over the years. Cavs just can't get down too big. It will be a dogfight till sometime in 2h. Pride comes before the eventual fall.

I assume the Pacers get blown up now...star player and HC have to go.

Anyone think this Raptor line goes down? At 6 right now w +80% on the road team

Eastern home teams are 3-12 ATS (opening lines) these playoffs so far, versus 8-6-1 ATS for Western home teams.

Also some more interesting stats:

Eastern teams with HCA are 7-6-2 SU in the 4Q
Western teams with HCA are 13-2 SU in the 4Q

Excluding OT (which only involves 1 game), twice as many games have involved higher scoring 1st halves (20 total: 9 Eastern) than have involved higher scoring 2nd halves (10 total: 6 Eastern).

5 of the 7 initial Under results were put up by Western Conf. games, but 5 of the last 6 Unders (mirroring the shift to the home court venues of teams without HCA) have been put up by Eastern Conf games. So with the coming shift back to the home venues for teams w/HCA (game 5's) it'll be interesting to see if the Conf responsible for the majority of Unders shifts back to the West.

who knew Gerald Green was THE X factor...lol
Brad you sly guy, keeping him under wraps the first 2 games (6 mins total i think) and showing the world he doesn't do much for you during reg season and BAM! he released the GREEN KRAKEN when all hope seemed lost! :line:

I applaud Brad for the switch up cuz it has worked and making adjustments...unlike your predecessor Doc who still has NO IDEA!

(Rondo being down helped ALOT, the court coach made the Bulls run, he directs the young kids to spots and sets the pace and flow)
Brad just don't BS us and say that Gerald is more than he is..."we all know he can go on scoring runs blah blah..." like it was known league wide Green is a hidden gem...lol, yeah ok
he's a dunker who is riding a hot wave, no more.

You made the right adjustment in THIS series, just be glad you made the proper move and move on Brad...don't act like you knew he was the key and trying hard to sell that to the public.

Just a few stats ahead of Wednesday's two EC game 5's:

regarding the Celtics/Bulls series...

- No home team has yet led at half-time

- No home team has won the 4Q SU & only 1 home team has won the 1Q SU (Bos, in game 1)

- The 2h points tally has dropped with each game played (g1 - 114; g2 - 108; g3 - 106; g4 - 96)

- No game has paid out on the same total result for both the 1h & 2h (where 1 has gone Under, the other has gone Over)

regarding the Wizards/Hawks series...

- No road team has won the 2Q SU

- No road team has won both the 1Q & the 4Q SU.

- Only 2 of the 8 halves played so far have totaled less than 100 pts: both of those were the 1h of games played in Washington (game 5 will of course be the first in Washington since those 2 results).

- No team in this series has won both the 1Q & the 4Q SU.

- Only 1 team has won back-to-back quarters SU in this series (Wash won the 2Q & 3Q of game 1).

took schroeder o31 pts, assists, rebounds & schroeder o4.5 FTM +120

want the hawks to win this series not only for my hawks series wager but because i think the hawks are the better all around team.... hopefully steal one tonight

Washington/Atlanta trends through 5 games:

- Road teams have won SU 4 of 5 1q (80%), but then only won SU 3 of the other 15 q combined (20%).

- The only home team to win SU a 1q was Atlanta off a SU loss in their previous game.

- No team has won SU both the 1q & 2q.

- No road team has won SU the 2q.

- No road team has won SU consecutively played quarters.

- Every 2h has totaled at least 103 pts.

Chicago/Boston trends through 5 games:

- Where no 1h has totaled more than 103 pts, only 1 2h has totaled less than 103 pts.

- No home team has held the lead at the beginning of the 4q.

- Every SU winner has led SU at half-time: no other 1R playoff series can boast such a stat.

Back