Eastern Conference Finals discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - WED 5/20[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Wed 5/20[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]783[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+1 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 197.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]784[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-1 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.917[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 197.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

That's a very short line. After 11 games, where the bookies and public believed in the Hawks, came Game 6 against Wizards - first time Hawks were dogs in this playoffs and now almost a PK at home...

Really interesting matchups all over the floor. Curious to see how healthy Kyrie is. Personally I think the hawks have had the tougher road getting here but if Korver doesn't play better it's going to be very difficult for the Hawks. Hopefully the days off will allow him to get right.

Budz being a Popovich disciple will find a few wrinkles within the Cavs to exploit. Unlikely the league lets them through though.

I really think you're overthinking it with the league and refs things.
Instead of three game 7 on sunday, we ended up with just one and only because of Clips mental meltdown and not the refs.

I'm sure that Coach Bud will find weak spots in Cleveland, but so will Coach Blatt.
Carroll is a mirror of Crowder, so LeBron already handled one in the playoffs. No bigs will hurt Hawks big time. Thompson can really put Hawks through hell. He can chase Horford/ Millsap and still dominate the boards.
Bron can easily play PF here without the usual problems of guarding big guys. Millsap is a SF in a PF body.
Delli can make Teague's life hell, the same for Shumpert and Korver.

Hawks need to make Blatt pay for every minute Mozgov is on the floor. If they won't, it will be a very quick series for them.
They need to make Kyrie liability on defense - just like Rose made him to be, but without Dunleavy to hide Kyrie on.

Carroll is Crowder's mirror image, but he is much better behind the arc.

I'm pretty sure that three point percentage will decide the series for the Hawks.
They will lose the boards game and they are not as good on defense as the Cavs.
They need to shoot the ball well, I mean, really well.
Cleveland is not a team that can defend the arc the whole game.

the ref thing is very fun to joke about but its a self-fulfilling prophecy... when something doesn't go the conspiracy theorists way its just shrugged off

As a Warriors fan I'd much rather see the Rockets then the Clips. It would be a pretty even match up with LAC with us only having home court advantage. Would be a very entertaining series though with the Clips as these two teams hate each other. And Draymond and Blake will get tangled up multiple times in EVERY game.

You can always take Cleveland 4 - 2 with 4 - 1 as back up. Shouldn't be a sweep.

The Hawks 3 point defense has not been good at all. Lebron's shot has been pretty bad of late but the Cleveland role players (particularly James Jones) can simply put games away in a manner of minutes. This will be the best offensive team the Cavs play though when it comes to scheme and efficiency.

the ref thing is very fun to joke about but its a self-fulfilling prophecy... when something doesn't go the conspiracy theorists way its just shrugged off

You youngins...maybe not as much now but back in the 'glory' days...

It's real. From the 'Decision', to the recent draft lotteries, to Bron 'returning home'. This is the prophecy Stern set in stone.

Unlikely he foresaw the rise of the Warriors out of the Bay but...

'We are all Witnesses'

:popcorn:

Budz being a Popovich disciple will find a few wrinkles within the Cavs to exploit. Unlikely the league lets them through though.

Bingo! then the Finals everyone is on thier own. Have to admit it's a good business decision . Can you really see Hawks vs Clippers or G.S

It's real. From the 'Decision', to the recent draft lotteries, to Bron 'returning home'. This is the prophecy Stern set in stone.

Unlikely he foresaw the rise of the Warriors out of the Bay but...

'We are all Witnesses'

:popcorn:

lol it's a self fulfilling prophecy... the nba couldve used a double header today.... but nope they let the hawks win!!

Cleveland will win this series because they have better players, and the better players generally prevail in a best of 7 in basketball. It won't be because of same vague notion of a conspiracy by the league.

Cleveland will win this series because they have better players, and the better players generally prevail in a best of 7 in basketball. It won't be because of same vague notion of a conspiracy by the league.

My rankings actually have the Hawks as the better team ever so slightly.

So no, Cleveland won't win because they have the better players because without Love they don't.

They obviously have the best player though.

You guys are blind if you don't think the league influences games, to repeat that's influence not fix.

Theories aside, have you watched the Hawks in the playoffs? So many off droughts from this team. Does anyone think they are gonna win the series? Before playoffs ATL had best record and was +300 for the east. I think Vegas was showing their opinion of how little they believe in ATL

The thing is although they looked like shit at times, in key games they stepped up. Winning both closeout games on the road says a lot about this team's character.

i think the hawks have a better roster top to bottom right now. i think horford and milsap will bang with thompson and keep him off the glass.. hawks need korver to get hot..

I'm alone. I think hawks win this series. Better coach, home court and better team play. Cavs banged up.

Love hawks.

Unless you are a Atlanta fan ( do they even exist?) or have a big series bet on them how could anyone want to see Atlanta in the finals. Even Lebron haters don't want to see him lose until the finals.. Just put the Cavs through( and GSW)please NBA..

Unless you are a Atlanta fan ( do they even exist?) or have a big series bet on them how could anyone want to see Atlanta in the finals. Even Lebron haters don't want to see him lose until the finals.. Just put the Cavs through( and GSW)please NBA..
i like watching the hawks. they can score.. why not?
fuck lebron

Hawks are the deeper team. Coaching important this late in the game.

Hawks won 60 games, team is legit. Teague needs to improve.

If Korver gets his 3 shot back I think it's lights out for cavs.

you honestly would rather see the Hawks in the NBA finals?
YES
i dont get a hard on over single players.. jeez. im a grown ass man, i dont need to see Lebron

hawks are deeper, better

christ.. delle plays key minutes for the cavs

YES
i dont get a hard on over single players.. jeez. im a grown ass man, i dont need to see Lebron

hawks are deeper, better

christ.. delle plays key minutes for the cavs

Settle down young buck.. Sounds like you have a little stiffy for the Hawks..

Heard the exact same things about the Bulls last series

I'd much rather see hawks than cavs. Horford is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Millsap is a stud. Teague is a smart kid who can go off. Korver best 3 point shooter in the league.

Settle down young buck.. Sounds like you have a little stiffy for the Hawks..

Heard the exact same things about the Bulls last series

do u not think the hawks have a deep team?
cavs are short handed my man

do u not think the hawks have a deep team?
cavs are short handed my man

I don't really care how deep their team is. Didn't Bulls have the best roster top to bottom and were deep?. I'd rather have Kyrie and Lebron and for entertainment I'd much rather see them in the finals

I don't really care how deep their team is. Didn't Bulls have the best roster top to bottom and were deep?. I'd rather have Kyrie and Lebron and for entertainment I'd much rather see them in the finals
kyrie is hurt

Guess we will see how hurt he is

I think there is to much focus on benches and how deep this team is compared to that one .. I heard it with the Spurs/ clips and bulls/cavs. It didn't win either team the series

I'm alone. I think hawks win this series. Better coach, home court and better team play. Cavs banged up.

Love hawks.

WHAT?! Better coach?! Blatt outcoached Stevens and Tibs so far in the playoffs, while Bud got schooled by Hollins and f*cking Randy Wittman...

As one that been watching Blatt coach for almost two decades, it's just mind blowing how little respect he gets in the league, despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise, within the league and within the Cleveland team.
Don't forget that Kerr was almost begging him to come be his first assistant coach and so on...
What Bud did in the playoffs that would even slightly suggest that he is the better coach?!

cleve surprised me against the bulls as i thought the bulls would win but lebron lead his team to the win....not sure the league had much to do with it but maybe....talent wise the teams are pretty even with a slight nod to hawks....hawks play better team defense although lebron is the best individual defender....hawks struggle with an offense that is too disorganized for my liking as they tend to run and gun too much....kyrie a talent but misses the concept (getting better though)....i can see cleve winning if lebron can stay energized but not sure he can....dude has played in a lot of games...but man he is one heck of a floor general....imo blatt is not a good coach and cleve is not a 2-1 fav....maybe em is right and league influences a cleve/gsw final but i will have a small bet on atl to win the series as i believe they are the better team albeit slightly

That's BS. LeBron isn't the whole team.
Love, Thompson, Kyrie, Delli, Mozgov, Shumpert - all have huge respect and trust for Blatt. Thompson needs to send part of the millions he will get on his next contract that he will get this summer, directly to Blatt, as he is the main reason for that.
Delli is Blatt's guy and the other way around.
Kyrie and Love many times stated how much they admite the way Blatt coaches.
Mozgov and Blatt go way back and Mozgov owes his career to Blatt, since he always gave Mozgov credit, instead of Kaun or many other Russian Centers on NT squad and Mozgov knows that. Blatt asked for Mozgov several times, before getting his wish.
Shumpert just the exact type of player that Blatt loves. Two way player.

Miller called Blatt genius on offense, Smith is Bron's buddy, but many times said good things about Blatt, but you had that remark after Game 5, so not sure about him.

Bron is the only one that keeps throwing Blatt under the bus, but he did the same thing with Spoelstra in their first season together, including bumping in to him on a way to time out, so who knows...

Bottom line, I think that most of this team, are ready to play for Blatt and give not 100%, but 120% and beyond for him.

I think that he and Kerr, are the two most favorite by their players coaches left in the playoffs and both will be in the Finals, partially because of that.
I also think that it's the first time (correct me if I'm wrong) that two rookies coaches meet in the Finals.

In Israel, Blatt and Cleveland get probably more coverage than even in Cleveland :)
So every smallest pips around Blatt, gets reported here.

My rankings actually have the Hawks as the better team ever so slightly.

So no, Cleveland won't win because they have the better players because without Love they don't.

They obviously have the best player though.

You guys are blind if you don't think the league influences games, to repeat that's influence not fix.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

[TABLE="class: articleTable, width: 0"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD="class: leftColCellWide"]<b!w_paste cmd="http_fetch" src="http://www.nba.com/gameofficials/datehour.jsp?hour=9">[TABLE="width: 830"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Cleveland @ Atlanta[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Scott Foster[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Pat Fraher[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Jason Phillips[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Josh Tiven

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

</b!w_paste>

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Conspiracy theories aside, how can you pass on the Hawks plus points at home? (Assuming it ends up moving that much)

Also wouldn't it make for more NBA drama if Lebron and the cavs had to come from behind, down in the series, to beat the Hawks in 6 or 7?

Hawks worth a look tonight. Lebron has lost a shit ton of game ones.

I don't know any inside scoops, but guy's had five days off. Should be good to go.

Back