Early SuperBowl Prediction Thread.

I feel like the NFC is wide-open and they were a total implosion against the 49ers from being there last year. I thought the division was going to be a lot easier, so that is a concern but I will stick with them in a toss-up conference.
NFL is pretty open.

SF
Detroit
Minny
Green Bay

Seattle

NFC East has nothing though. Odd year.

NFC North was said to be strong. I'm curious how playing in the toughest division affects the teams come January.

I'm not as high on Seattle as a few others here. Solid team. Not doubt. Those arguing about bad defense from Detroit should look at Seattle the same way. That was their first test vs a good offense and they failed pretty bad. Playoff team? Sure. Dangerous? Yes. Super Bowl? Nah.

Lions Chiefs still for me.

Ravens unfortunately will never do it.

Check back in on the Bills after this next stretch.

Bengals need to tighten up that secondary and get on a streak to be back in the conversation.

Texans are a few moves away still.

NFL is pretty open.

SF
Detroit
Minny
Green Bay

Seattle

NFC North was said to be strong. I'm curious how playing in the toughest division affects the teams come January.

I'm not as high on Seattle as a few others here. Solid team. Not doubt. Those arguing about bad defense from Detroit should look at Seattle the same way. That was their first test vs a good offense and they failed pretty bad. Playoff team? Sure. Dangerous? Yes. Super Bowl? Nah.
Washington pass defense is tons better than I had them penciled in for and it starts with the pass rush. No secret how much talent they have on the d-line and they're paid accordingly, possibly that masks the coverage a bit but they really locked down both Cincinnati and AZ when they needed to. Conner could have run for 200 so that's not good but they had to abandon the run so early the game got out of hand and it became predictable. They are likely the class of the East though. Hard to gauge Philly with AJ and Smith both hurt.

I'd still put Seattle in with Minny and GB, a decent step below Detroit who I certainly have above SF. Loss to TB isn't looking so bad now and I know you saw it as a blessing, it might have actually just been a legit situation where the better team that day won.

NFL is pretty open.

SF
Detroit
Minny
Green Bay

Seattle

Agree with you but, Seattle was without several starters on D due to injury. As far as Detroit they are hurting on the D line and CB in my opinion. Detroit allowing over 500 yards to Seattle of offense, almost 400 through the air isn't going to get it done. Good thing is there's plenty of time to improve and they're definitely one of the top teams in the NFC.

Agree with you on Minny. They look really good so far. Green Bay i just don't see it.

Washington pass defense is tons better than I had them penciled in for and it starts with the pass rush. No secret how much talent they have on the d-line and they're paid accordingly, possibly that masks the coverage a bit but they really locked down both Cincinnati and AZ when they needed to. Conner could have run for 200 so that's not good but they had to abandon the run so early the game got out of hand and it became predictable. They are likely the class of the East though. Hard to gauge Philly with AJ and Smith both hurt.

I'd still put Seattle in with Minny and GB, a decent step below Detroit who I certainly have above SF. Loss to TB isn't looking so bad now and I know you saw it as a blessing, it might have actually just been a legit situation where the better team that day won.

I think we need to see Wash pass defense a bit more.

Burrow was 29-38 for around 380. He was fantastic. FGs were the issue in that game early on. Remember, no punts.

Baker was 24-30 did 289 with four tuddy's.

Giants game hard to gauge due to the QB.

I need more evidence, at least vs Top 15 QBs.

Lions Chiefs still for me.

Ravens unfortunately will never do it.

Check back in on the Bills after this next stretch.

Bengals need to tighten up that secondary and get on a streak to be back in the conversation.

Texans are a few moves away still.
KC won't be there unless they find some offensive skill players.

Texans and Bengals hanging on by a string. SB? No chance, not this season.

Agree with you but, Seattle was without several starters on D due to injury. As far as Detroit they are hurting on the D line and CB in my opinion. Detroit allowing over 500 yards to Seattle of offense, almost 400 through the air isn't going to get it done. Good thing is there's plenty of time to improve and they're definitely one of the top teams in the NFC.

Agree with you on Minny. They look really good so far. Green Bay i just don't see it.
Few things here....

Detroit was missing their best playing in the secondary.

Agreed on the Seattle DL.

We have to factor in a few things with that yardage...

1. Down DDs at halftime -- different plan in 2h

2. YAC was kind boggling. This was a dink and dunk game.

3. Of those yards, 127 came during the prevent defense time (Detroit up 15 with five mins left) including 60 on the bonus possession.

Detroit was awful on D in the 2h. Terrible tackling and bad angles.

I also want to see both these teams vs other offenses to have a better conclusion. Seattle hasn't faced a good offense till last night. Detroit likewise has faced some solid QBs but defended very well...

I'm just curious if when two teams get together that you have to throw everything out the window? That's 3 years running of these wild games.

I think we need to see Wash pass defense a bit more.

Burrow was 29-38 for around 380. He was fantastic. FGs were the issue in that game early on. Remember, no punts.

Baker was 24-30 did 289 with four tuddy's.

Giants game hard to gauge due to the QB.

I need more evidence, at least vs Top 15 QBs.
It's true, I'm still not sure I trust Wash pass defense completely but they are much better than I had them (dead last, even had the Cards better before the season lol, not the case or even close now). Their pass rush is insanely good. Not like I'm going to look back at that TB game but guessing Baker made plays scrambling a lot, Kyler likely would have too if he had his go to TE so elusive QBs might be what gives them issues. They can destroy a pocket though. Daniels being 6'4" and elusive is a lot different than the 6 footers that are elusive. Washington punted for the first time since week 1 and Daniels threw a pick yet they still crushed. Was a weird game to watch sober. Again, I'm more concerned about their run defense if I'm a Washington fan at the moment. If the game was remotely close, the ground stats would have been video game stuff. Holes all over the line.

Lions would have a field day on the ground with their backfield.

NFL is pretty open.

SF
Detroit
Minny
Green Bay

Seattle

I am a huge doubter of both:
Pitt.. who certainly has a solid D, but offensively is very limited. Interesting test against a weird DallASS team coming up.

And Seattle who has really benefited from a fairly easy schedule and failed their one test. Plus I still don’t trust Geno down the stretch nor DK to not commit some boneheaded penalty to really hurt them.

I don’t necessarily agree that the NFC EAST offers nothing. Now obviously, I’m a little biased as an Eagles fan, and I am certainly down on them and their fuck-tard of a coach. But I’m not ready to close the book on them yet. I’d like a couple more games to see if the defense can learn to actually tackle, and for them to get healthy on offense.

Additionally, Washington MAY be the real deal. Daniels is playing out of his mind and the entire off is well balanced. I think their D may improve as the year goes on.

Dallas and NYG offer nothing.

The NFC North is easily the best division in the NFC, and possibly in the league. You could make a strong case for any combination of the 4 to make the playoffs with only Chicago having real issues. The battle between Detroit and Minnesota will be really intriguing. As much as I’d like Detroit to continue to have success, I think Minny might edge them out. That team plays with a real intensity and has playmakers everywhere.

Well, I like Balt in the AFC and predictions of them versus SF and Detroit at both been made, so the only chance I have is to pick another alternative.

Balt vs Minny (i’ll take my chance with Jones, Jefferson and Addison).

This league is nuts this year. I originally had SF vs KC, but have obvious concerns about it… going to stick with it for one more week……. More concerned with SF than with KC.

Ok, I’ve seen enough. First off. @B.A.R. and @HUNT please forgive me for betting against your boys this week. I really thought it was a great spot for Minnesota. With that being said, I’m off SF vs KC. It’s not SF’s year. I’m now on Detroit vs KC which I don’t believe anyone has said, and I think would be a badass Superbowl

Curious how the narrative would have changed if Likely's toe hadn't come down on the EZ line in week 1

Packers/Bills

I was gonna say Det/KC, I'll go a tad contrarian. I think Detroit will miss Hutch and I know Reno been on it for a minute. I had Seattle/KC before, but this is my last final matchup.

Packers/Bills

I was gonna say Det/KC, I'll go a tad contrarian. I think Detroit will miss Hutch.
That's really the caveat I guess with the Leos

Think they will need him for the SB run, not the SB itself. Best team in the NFC regardless, that bye would be pretty juicy for them then home the next 2

Taking Goff over Love and Sam in that division w/o a doubt

That's really the caveat I guess with the Leos

Think they will need him for the SB run, not the SB itself. Best team in the NFC regardless, that bye would be pretty juicy for them then home the next 2

Taking Goff over Love and Sam in that division w/o a doubt

Can't disagree. Lot of season left. Detroit can win anywhere though.

Back