Early playoff thoughts ...

The Rays are the best run team in the sport and I would really like their chances of winning it all if they didn't have all the picthing injuries. McClanahan and Rasmussen are both top of the rotation guys who are irreplaceable.

The Rangers have the better starting pitching with the lineups relatively even. The Rangers bullpen is disgustingly bad so I lean slightly to Tampa in 3 games.

Minnesota has lost I think 18 straight playoff games and won a joke of a division but Toronto is hard to trust. I'll go with Minnesota finally figuring things out to win in 3 games.

I don't think anyone will be picking Miami over Philadelphia and neither will I. The Phillies offense is great and the pitching is decent enough against a terrible Miami lineup. Its way too chalky and I hate being on the obvious side but Philles in 2 games.

Don’t forget rays lost Sorings too who was having a monster year! It’s crazy they even here, they have lost more great pitchers than most teams have!!! It a testament to how incredible they are run to still be here despite 3 injuries that would crush teams with way higher payrolls!! They can def still win this series, although I think rangers are the biggest wild card in playoffs cause when they get hot they can score on anyone! I’m not sure rangers have a starting pitching edge? Obviously rays have that in game 1, Eflin been better thar Eovaldi, and rangers starting dunning game 3? Rangers have no pitching edge imo, I’d take rangers lineup in a heartbeat but they have been pretty inconsistent in the 2nd half. Rays experience vs rangers history of finding ways to lose makes me lean rays. Really think Stros the only team rays will struggle with cause they the only ones with the experience, Stros pitchers have not been the same this year tho so I have no clue if their pitching all finds their groove?

Philly 2-0 is +170! Forget the chalk!!

I’ve followed the Rangers a good bit this year. I don’t think they can win it all, but they can beat the Rays. Like stated, bullpen just can blow it

Twins won 87 games in the worst division in baseball. How do we not fade this team in the Wildcard?

My best answer, cause they playing the jays. Had they drawn any other team I would agree with you, I’m not super confident this series I just know I don’t trust jays either, their lineup has been grossly overrated all year, other than Bo nobody has lived up to their talent! Imo The only reason jays here is pitching, that makes this a really tight series I think cause while I def prefer Gausman to Lopez (I just don’t understand Lopez, he has the stuff to be a ace but he seems to always have a terrible inning and his manager seems to always leave him in for it!), after that I think twinks starters match up well, their pen fantastic, and they actually been hitting lately. Very hard for me to put money on jays, think I’m just gonna hope twins make it thru for my future, I don’t see a bet I like in this game:series at the moment.

I will say Lopez saving grace is he has struggled a bit with left handed bats when he gets into trouble but jays lineup incredibly right handed: Biggio has actually hit some this past month, will that continue?? I dunno, he has never lived up to expectations! I think him and Belt would have to be guys who step up today to get to Lopez. I might actually look at some props on those 2.

I’ve followed the Rangers a good bit this year. I don’t think they can win it all, but they can beat the Rays. Like stated, bullpen just can blow it

Yea I don’t think any chance they go all the way, unless that offense just explodes Back to what they were the 1st half the season. I suppose it possible but doesn’t seem real likely facing good pitching and tons of pen arms in playoffs. I lean rays cause they just have that winning edge to them but certainly wouldn’t shock me if rangers clip them. After glastnow it not like Rays have any starters left with dominant stuff. Efflin been great but let’s be real, he can be hit.

My best answer, cause they playing the jays. Had they drawn any other team I would agree with you, I’m not super confident this series I just know I don’t trust jays either, their lineup has been grossly overrated all year, other than Bo nobody has lived up to their talent! Imo The only reason jays here is pitching, that makes this a really tight series I think cause while I def prefer Gausman to Lopez (I just don’t understand Lopez, he has the stuff to be a ace but he seems to always have a terrible inning and his manager seems to always leave him in for it!), after that I think twinks starters match up well, their pen fantastic, and they actually been hitting lately. Very hard for me to put money on jays, think I’m just gonna hope twins make it thru for my future, I don’t see a bet I like in this game:series at the moment.

I will say Lopez saving grace is he has struggled a bit with left handed bats when he gets into trouble but jays lineup incredibly right handed: Biggio has actually hit some this past month, will that continue?? I dunno, he has never lived up to expectations! I think him and Belt would have to be guys who step up today to get to Lopez. I might actually look at some props on those 2.

Biggio and belt both have hit bombs vs Lopez In limited abs!! Something to think bout, I’m more likely to play total bases or h/r:rbi than hr prop tho.

If ya did wanna play HR props I think it a really good day to look at brewers players! I have no clue who, I just know their offense is mostly swing for fences and this kid pitching for snakes today has been very home run prone! Dude giving up like 2 per 9, pretty good bet milw hits a home run or 3, im just not the guy to guess which players will do it! Lol

Kinda a microcosm of Burnes season, he pitched 8 lights out inning in zona earlier this year, but then snakes lit him up in milw!! I been shocked how many bad outings Burnes had this year, I think he got better after the ASB but he still had 4-5 head scratchers, I dunno if he just has days he can’t control that cutter or what? I do think that is why I’m taking snakes series today, cause if not out the question he gets hit and then this series over if Milw loses today!! His out total is only 16.5! That smells like they don’t trust him!! I can’t imagine they set it there just cause last few starts Milw pulled him early? I thought that was just saving him but now I see last start that was case but the 2 prior his pitch count was very elevated by the 5th!!

as good as Glasnow is I don’t think tampa can let him see rangers hitters a 3rd time around, he been awful 3rd time around! So rangers need to work counts and get guys on base. Even if they don’t get them home they increase their chances of getting him out the game.

Which managers will pull the right strings at the right time?

If anyone figures it out, let me know and we'll go halfers on a yacht.

as good as Glasnow is I don’t think tampa can let him see rangers hitters a 3rd time around, he been awful 3rd time around! So rangers need to work counts and get guys on base. Even if they don’t get them home they increase their chances of getting him out the game.
Do you like overs in any of these games. With these low totals and the option to buy down to 6 or 6.5, I gotta believe that’s an auto over every time

I’m driving so talk later but: it yiu not hitting wheeler ov 17.5 outs you crazy! Wanted to post now cause it was -130 wken I started betting it. By time I got done using it to cap parlays he was up to -150

I’m driving so talk later but: it yiu not hitting wheeler ov 17.5 outs you crazy! Wanted to post now cause it was -130 wken I started betting it. By time I got done using it to cap parlays he was up to -150
And now I’m seeing -161

Perfect was looking for something to partner up with a couple soccer matches today, this works

Rangers only team in MLB history with more blown saves than saves. That’s eye popping. How’s that even possible?

Wow. That a crazy one. Even more crazy they somehow made the playoffs like that!!

If you recall their 1st half the season their run differential was insane! They were even ahead of rays who never lost back then! I assume they prob only had 10 or so save opportunities in the 1st half so while I know the pen is a huge question mark I wouldn’t fully blame them for this stat, rangers had 5-10 run leads going into a bunch of 9th innings the 1st half of season!

Do you like overs in any of these games. With these low totals and the option to buy down to 6 or 6.5, I gotta believe that’s an auto over every time

I’ve never been real strong playing full game overs for whatever reason I feel like I struggle more cashing those, although I think I had more success this year, more times than not I try to identify single team totals and play a ton of 1st 5 team total overs unless I knew my team was facing a very bad pen, most my capping is starter vs lineup so I try to isolate that as much as possible. Obviously things a bit different now. I think there good cases for over in minny:milw, maybe even tampa. I know my guy @Wiretowire has a ton of success buying totals down but I hate laying the extra juice, not saying he wrong he very good at it, just for me I swear buying the extra run down rarely matters, I’m typically very right and it goes way over, or very wrong and it a 1-0 game so paying the extra just not worth it for me, I’m actually more likely to sell runs and play a higher alt total for plus money! Lot if different ways to have success! I honestly would never lay juice in Mlb before reading @Wiretowire stuff, he changed my view quite a bit but still I can’t do it with totals. I am much more inclined to pay juice for pitcher props and:or sides than I used to be.

I wanted to play glastnow k’s but it was up to 7.5 by time I got there! No way I could play that number knowing he most likely will not face lineup a 3rd time!

I had to roll with my guy Arozarena ov 1.5 h/r/rbi, he always been a bright lights big time performer, he has 20 at bats vs mongimery. Only 4 hits but 2 bombs. He a lifetime .924 ops vs lhp, and dude has a 1.121 career playoff ops!!

Margot over 1.5 total bases eas -+145. 100 points higher career ops vs lhp, 6 for 18 with several extra base hits against Montgomery, ops close to .800 in post season

Biggio and belt both have hit bombs vs Lopez In limited abs!! Something to think bout, I’m more likely to play total bases or h/r:rbi than hr prop tho.

If ya did wanna play HR props I think it a really good day to look at brewers players! I have no clue who, I just know their offense is mostly swing for fences and this kid pitching for snakes today has been very home run prone! Dude giving up like 2 per 9, pretty good bet milw hits a home run or 3, im just not the guy to guess which players will do it! Lol

So I decided to do this instead of try and pick out who will hit a home run

Milw ov 1.5 home runs +120

Milw/zona ov 2.5 hr -105

Haven’t done it yet but I’m going to take the Twins series line. They haven’t won a playoff game much less a series in years but I think they will get it done now.

I think they def have the best matchup possible for them. I have that twins future tho, I can’t add to that cause I don’t trust them. I played the Biggio and belt props, and Julien ov 1.5 h/r/rbi

Twins really need Lewis and correra to not be rusty, they both been off last few weeks, gonna need them to help the offense.

Remember the days when the MLB playoffs were all about pitching and pitching and more pitching?

Can't really seem to find anybody with a quality staff this year.
I guess Mil would be the closest thing, but they cant hit a lick

Makes the path to the World Series Title much easier for those that will rely on their offense ;)

:glove::glove::glove:

Brewers are a pretty powerless lineup but the park is built for it.

I really havnt followed them very close but last few years seems like majority their offense has came from home runs, has it not been that way this season? It really a play against snakes starter also, kid has been very susceptible to the long ball, luckily he don’t walk many, think snakes can steal this one if he just gives up a couple solo shots.

OUT GANG IS BACK?

I’ve actually been playing Mlb props just on Tuesday and wed since football started (need something those 2 days! Lol). Been experimenting w hitter props,, think I’ve found some soft numbers like k’s were back in the day! I didn’t want to post them cause I wasn’t sure how it would go, actually shocked as I’ve never liked hitter props but went really well!! Hoping it carry’s into these playoffs and next year before they figure it out!! Lol. There were a few pitcher out totals I played and I swear I was so close to sending you a pm but I have a phobia of sending anyone a loser. The duckers all hit tho!! I felt bad j didn’t send

Early ump scouting, I see nothing worth mentioning in TEX/Rays

If rotations go as usual, game 3 in TOR/Twins would have Mooch who has always had a large strike zone

Game 2 in AZ/Brew is Bellino, a long time under guy...game 3 would be Porter who favors over

Have to wait to see how they roll though, in past longer postseason series there has been a 7th ump that lurks and takes the plate the next game as opposed to the simple rotation of 1st to home. Not sure that's the case in the WC or even the division series. Worth the watch though. Mooch and Bellino have been great under guys in years past.

First game tomorrow will tell us if they're on a normal rotation, if so under tomorrow in MIL is worth a look. Gallen with an under ump should get some help if you're a believer he's not good on the road. I'm not, but there were certainly moments this year where it was true.

Wow. That a crazy one. Even more crazy they somehow made the playoffs like that!!

If you recall their 1st half the season their run differential was insane! They were even ahead of rays who never lost back then! I assume they prob only had 10 or so save opportunities in the 1st half so while I know the pen is a huge question mark I wouldn’t fully blame them for this stat, rangers had 5-10 run leads going into a bunch of 9th innings the 1st half of season!
Made typo mistake. They’re the only team to have done this and made postseason.

Back