Early College Plays. Week ONE!

G-Man

Banned
Hello Everyone.
College YTD (6-5)

Shouldn't have put in any "added" games??? (1-4)

Hope this gets us off to GOOD START!!!

Week ONE. Early line. (BetOnSports)

NEW Added. Kent St. + 16.5 over Minnesota. LOSS
I put this game in here because Kent has 2 RB who didnt play LY here. One transfer from Mich. One who was injured all season. Keep in mind here that they were 25th in Pass "D" also - and the secondary is back with 9 starters. The offensive passed for 237 YPG with a running game that only avg. 46 ypg!(think the opponent was using the nickle often?) Kent is really going to be strong all season SU & ATS IMO.
This game will possibly be decided late. Take the points.

UTEP -OL4, +1CL over S.D.State WON
The Aztecs went nowhere behind O'Connell, who was knocked out with a right thumb injury midway through the third quarter.

On O'Connell's last play of the night, he lost his grip on the ball while trying to pump-fake and fumbled, with Alfonso Auelua recovering in the end zone for a touchdown and a 27-3 UTEP lead.

That's when Mougey came on and made it interesting, leading the Aztecs to 21 straight points in 12:45.

Mougey scored on a 1-yard run with 3:26 left in the third and on a 14-yard run on the first play of the fourth quarter. Lynell Hamilton scored on a 1-yard run on fourth-and-goal with 10:44 left to pull the Aztecs to 27-24.

Mougey completed 12 of 16 passes for 178 yards and gained 41 yards on 13 carries.

Palmer, the younger brother of Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, was intercepted four times, twice by cornerback Donny Baker. Palmer was 19-of-28 for 205 yards.

The Aztecs intercepted Palmer on three straight drives, helping set up their final two scores.

Ohio State OL-16.5, CL -17 WON over N.ILL

Added Vanderbilt +27 WON over Michigan.[/B]
Wolverines simply are over priced here today. They only manages to put up 41 points as a high LY against fairly decent teams. The season high was 55 against E.Mich? Vandy will be fighting all the way.

Added >Washington State +14.5 LOSS over Auburn.
Live dog here. Lost 6 of 7 games LY by 11 points or less. Four games by 3 points. No way a two-TD loss for these guys.

Added>Michigan State -29.5 LOSS over Idaho. Home opener, No one on deck, Free-for-all on offense. Spartans by 40.

[B]Florida -17 WON over S.Miss

Pittsburgh -3.5 WON over Virginia

Notre Dame OL-8 CL -6.5 LOSS over Ga.Tech
I just have to say that the two teams are different levels. Even if GT gets to a bowl it will be small potatoes compared to a N.D. bowl game. That alone makes a big difference when we all start capping.

If N.D. ends up close to winning a National Championship, Im sure then, that everyone could use hindsight as an excuse for betting ND early in the season. I just want to offer my "hindsight" now.

When we cap games as cappers, it seems that we tend to see a team in the given week, instead of the promise of where they may go in the full season. Based on my expectations, the two in this first matchup are very far apart.

Florida St. OL+3.5 CL+3.5 WON over Miami U

Added Arkansas +8 LOSS over USC

GLTA, feedback welcome.money;

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum g-man! I went the other way but got SDSU +7. Got in at Pitt -2 as well. The other plays look good hopefully we'll eventually get our money from these fucks when the government decides what there gonna do.

SHSUHorn said:
Welcome to the forum g-man! I went the other way but got SDSU +7. Got in at Pitt -2 as well. The other plays look good hopefully we'll eventually get our money from these fucks when the government decides what there gonna do.

i like sdsu too horn. nice line u picked up. i think they get a ml play also but will prob take the points here. checkin for an under play too.

pags11 said:
will probably be against you on N.D., but GL g-man...

Good health to you too pags. I just have to say that the two teams are different levels. Even if GT gets to a bowl it will be small potatoes compared to a N.D. bowl game. That alone makes a big difference when we all start capping.

If N.D. ends up close to winning a National Championship, Im sure then, that everyone could use hindsight as an excuse for betting ND early in the season. I just want to offer my "hindsight" now.

When we cap games as cappers, it seems that we tend to see a team in the given week, instead of the promise of where they may go in the full season. Based on my expectations, the two in this first matchup are very far apart.

shake

Last edited:
I prefer to read some of the media correspondence -- coaches and players commenting -- on this game prior to gametime. That may tell us a little more about how the teams are viewing this game.

I really have not formulated an opinion on this game yet, but my "homer" instinct is saying Notre Dame will dominate GTech.

GTech returns essentially the same offense from last season -- an offense that only averaged 18.5 ppg. Yes, defensively they held teams to 20.1 ppg which allowed them to eek a 7-5 record. But, let's be realistic here, with only 5 starters returning off last year's squad, they are not going to hold Notre Dame to 20 points. AND, I do believe Notre Dame's improved defense will hold them to last year's ppg total or even less.

I see a 35-14 type of game here with Notre Dame winning easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
PlayWithMe said:
I prefer to read some of the media correspondence -- coaches and players commenting -- on this game prior to gametime. That may tell us a little more about how the teams are viewing this game.

I really have not formulated an opinion on this game yet, but my "homer" instinct is saying Notre Dame will dominate GTech.

GTech returns essentially the same offense from last season -- an offense that only averaged 18.5 ppg. Yes, defensively they held teams to 20.1 ppg which allowed them to eek a 7-5 record. But, let's be realistic here, with only 5 starters returning off last year's squad, they are not going to hold Notre Dame to 20 points. AND, I do believe Notre Dame's improved defense will hold them to last year's ppg total or even less.

I see a 35-14 type of game here with Notre Dame winning easily.

I'd like to think my theory of the comparative bowl importance could have swayed you into that predicted score..shake

I like most of them. GL.

SDSU/UTEP may be a no play for me... and Miami/FSU is always a toss-up. Both teams really tried losing that game last year. I think there's alot more strong plays out there than the game of the week (Boston College less than 2 td's, Utah getting a TD, etc)

love pitt and florida....but I also love Northern Illy.

gluck gman..good to have you here.

Inspekdah said:
I like most of them. GL.

SDSU/UTEP may be a no play for me... and Miami/FSU is always a toss-up. Both teams really tried losing that game last year. I think there's alot more strong plays out there than the game of the week (Boston College less than 2 td's, Utah getting a TD, etc)

Boston College is solid but will they shut the door in the 4th qtr?

HUNTDOG said:
love pitt and florida....but I also love Northern Illy.

gluck gman..good to have you here.

Thanks Hunt. Good to be at a site without children ruining the forums.

:shake:

hope you didn't actually play these games at BetOnSports.com, might not ever see any money if you did.

Pittsburgh -3.5 over Virginia

UTEP -4 over SDSU

both look great

Lot of chalk there Gman. OSU seems to open very well....winning by 20+ the past 4-5 years I believe.

I kind of like SDSU in their game. Looking for a better line now though.

GL on the plays... Im looking for some more public % info closer til kickoff...

Tranquil said:
Lot of chalk there Gman. OSU seems to open very well....winning by 20+ the past 4-5 years I believe.

I kind of like SDSU in their game. Looking for a better line now though.

GL on the plays... Im looking for some more public % info closer til kickoff...

Hello Tranq...I believe this,line opened at +4 for SDSU. Somewhere, someone said they had it down to +2? GL on your play as well.

Buckeyes have the capacity to open it up early. Hope this one hold's up in the 4th.

:shake:

Actually the SDSU line opened at +7 at Millenium before the adjusted it down to +4 soon after. Not sure where it is now since betmill went down. I would have loved to get this one at 7 but not as happy at 4 but still considering it at this point.

Best of luck this season!

scourge said:
hope you didn't actually play these games at BetOnSports.com, might not ever see any money if you did.

Pittsburgh -3.5 over Virginia

UTEP -4 over SDSU

both look great

No I havent.

I wager with BETWWTS. I only used the early lines for plays I will bet in week one.

Like Shsu, have to go with SDSU in the 1st week. At this point, everything is a crap shot. Will wait till later to get down, injuries etc. (ala Ark) may crop up.

GLTY'all though.

I'm just trying to wonder why everyone likes SDSU +4 in week one?...at +7 I thought it had some value, but I don't see much at +4...

pags11 said:
I'm just trying to wonder why everyone likes SDSU +4 in week one?...at +7 I thought it had some value, but I don't see much at +4...

I think the home field has them thinking, getting the points are too much. Plus SD has had good offenses in the past and now has two decent qb's.

I dont think they can win at all, while many other do, and thats why the spread dropped.

the coaching edge still goes with UTEP, as does the QB edge, as does the WR edge...defensively they are about the same, RB the edge goes to SDSU...home field's worth something for sure, but SDSU hasn't been to a bowl game in how long?...

pags11 said:
the coaching edge still goes with UTEP, as does the QB edge, as does the WR edge...defensively they are about the same, RB the edge goes to SDSU...home field's worth something for sure, but SDSU hasn't been to a bowl game in how long?...

I agree. The Qb - Jordan Palmer is the difference here. He is a fourth-year starter. But the defensive backs (safety's) at UTEP are very good. That will help keep SD of the scoreboard just enough.

yeah, it's a no play for me at this point..if it gets down to 2.5 I'll look at UTEP...if it goes back to 7 I'll eye SDSU...

S. Miss is definitely worth a look at +21 or more...I believe Wyoming was in the same situation last year and covered...

pags11 said:
S. Miss is definitely worth a look at +21 or more...I believe Wyoming was in the same situation last year and covered...

Wortha look. Have to see what Ming was like LY when they played them.

gman, Wyoming actually started the year a lot better than they finished...I believe they got down 21-0 in that game but lost like 34-17 or something like that...that line started at -7 and ran all the way up to 24.5...

Well now.

Let me give this scenario.

I dont usually write up much about my capping habits but this one I'll share.

Turn back the clock to last year.

Lets pretend that GT is playing Notre Dame in a bowl game on a neutral site. As you know GT was beaten by UTAH 38-10 . I think the Closing Line was - Gt was favored by 8.5

NDame lost to Ohio State 34-20. Dame CL was the dog getting 5.5

What do you think the line would have been for that game? I would say that at the very least GT would have been a 10 point dog to Notre Dame.

Fast forward to now.

ND is returning 16 starters and a Heismann-level QB. They were battle tested against good bunch of bowl teams during the season

GT was ranked 104 in the nation in offensive scoring last year. NOT good and its one reason why they are barely in the top 25 and may not be there very long.
Even with Reggie Ball they wont be able to score much on the Irish, IMO.

With second year coach Charlie Weis working out the bugs at ND this team is going to really shine on both sides of the ball this season. Remember that they only lost to UCS by three.

This one will be a walk - quarter by quarter, as Dame wins by enough to cover.

GLTA

Couldn't find you fuckers anywhere for the longest time! Just heard about the site about 2-3 days ago and jumped on board as soon as I could! Ready for a kick-ass year bro. Decent start to this point (3-2 +130) but looking at a coiple of big plays today (Pitt, AZ) along with the rest of my 11 picks!!! LOL

money;

Mags said:
Couldn't find you fuckers anywhere for the longest time! Just heard about the site about 2-3 days ago and jumped on board as soon as I could! Ready for a kick-ass year bro. Decent start to this point (3-2 +130) but looking at a coiple of big plays today (Pitt, AZ) along with the rest of my 11 picks!!! LOL

money;

Thats why we all need to save email addresses from each other.

Really good to see ya here!

Agree! Just submitted the first play today...

UNDER 55 (TX/N. TX)

Let's do this bro!

:wacka wacka:

Back