Dunk Contest

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHIoS9ZUupI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHIoS9ZUupI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LBJ as a Knicks for 2010 slam dunk champ, lets hope Dwade joins...could be the best allstar ever

The Slam Dunk Contest is HORRIBLE now. First off, I don't understand why they can't vote with .5s. Why do you have to be pigeon-holed into basically picking 8,9,or 10 for every dunk? If they don't care enough to have the voting/scoring really matter then the dunk contest sucks IMO. The fact that a dunk gets a 50 in the first fucking round is ridiculous. Where the hell is he supposed to go from there?

And I don't care how short Nate Robinson is...this is a DUNK contest and the taller guys do BETTER dunks than Nate Robinson. There's not even a question about that...and then Robinson wins? He fucking jumped off of another man's back. I did that when I was 13. How is that impressive?? And he got a fucking 45 or something for the dunk?!? It took Rudy forever to get his second dunk down from behind the backboard, kinda like NATE did 2 or 3 years ago (missing so many times)...Rudy got a 42 and Nate won the contest the year it happened to him. Rudy's dunk was nastier and better than any dunk Nate has EVER done in his entire life. And Nate is the "slam dunk champion."

There really can't be people out there who actually think Nate is a better "dunker" than anyone else who was involved. The thing is a popularity contest and our country full of sheep likes the underdog and the little guy. It's pretty pathetic that the NBA actually marches the "contest" out there year after year. Isnt' there a way out there to make this mean a little more or at least actually be "judged" somewhat reasonably??

If they really want it to matter they need to convince James, Carter (maybe not anymore), Wade, Kobe, Richardson or the like to go up against Howard. What happened to having 6 participants? Forget the time clock, do the thing how it used to be. Everyone gets 2 dunks or maybe 3. You get one "miss" per dunk and if you miss on your second one your score will be lower and you may be eliminated. Point is, there has to be a better way to do the thing, making it matter a little more while maintaining entertainment value.

Things like this bother me....when an organization as large and successful as the NBA runs out some second rate dog and pony show in any aspect of their business.

If they really want it to matter they need to convince James, Carter (maybe not anymore), Wade, Kobe, Richardson or the like to go up against Howard. What happened to having 6 participants? Forget the time clock, do the thing how it used to be. Everyone gets 2 dunks or maybe 3. You get one "miss" per dunk and if you miss on your second one your score will be lower and you may be eliminated. Point is, there has to be a better way to do the thing, making it matter a little more while maintaining entertainment value.

Things like this bother me....when an organization as large and successful as the NBA runs out some second rate dog and pony show in any aspect of their business.

I don't disagree with you but I think thats the point its a gimmick really not a contest . The players dont care or they would be lining up to be in (Nate and Dwight care but no one else) . I think its funny we can bet on it because as you said (and I ) there is no criteria and like you mentioned NOT even half points ...hell we see judges looking at what the other guys throw up before putting up their score. In that sense it is a joke . I think Stern and the NBA simply are looking to sell this to the young kiddie demographic . Howard's SUPERMAN persona certainly help draw children's attention...

Ten Years ago or so I might have cared but maybe as I get older I just see how everything in life is just business . The NBA is treating it like a business decision not a true competition IMO..

I agree with your how it could be bettered thoughts.:shake:

Back