Duetsche Bank Championship..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

Yea, its me again :seeya:Gonna try make a career resurrection a la Steve Stricker. Gotta thank the Big Aristotle, Andrew and the rest of the guys for giving me another chance ( #10 or so). Before I was suspended indefinitely I had a nice run here on the golf forum, hoping to rekindle some of that old magic. Hopefully you guys have been following Precise while i've been absent.

Anyway, up about 73 units on the year, albeit the last few weeks have been a little bumpy. This is the second event of the playoffs. A few big names need a big week here to survive. Try not to put to much stock in players past performances here at TPC Boston, since there have been numerous changes to the course. Also remember that the first round does not start til Friday this week. Be back later with some plays.
Glad to be back :cheers:

golf1.gif
Here is a link to last weeks box score..

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the "under" in words spoken in the Eldrick, Lefty and Veej grouping.

Excellent point B.A.R.
Looking at the box score, Furyk was 1st in fairways and 6th in GIR, this tells me that he might be fully healed from the back injury that hampered him at the PGA. Jerry Kelly also had great ball striking stats from last week.

Good to see ya back bro....

What's the leans.
Not sure .. going over my spreadsheet now. Most of the guys who have played well here in the past, struggled this past week.
Obviously Tiger is the favorite ( and has won here before ).
Sabbotini is the streakiest guy on tour..( but he has never played here before)
Ogilvy is comin off back to back great events and does have a top 5 here.
Adam Scott was solid this past week and has a first and second on this course
Calc shot 65 65 on the weekend..
Kenny Perry and Lefty as well..

Waitin for more lines.. not really liking what the greek has put up so far.

sup B, good teh see you back!

Olgilvy and Perry have been pretty consistent...i'll be checking out some match-ups later tonight...just wanted to come in and say wuts good?

sup B, good teh see you back!

Olgilvy and Perry have been pretty consistent...i'll be checking out some match-ups later tonight...just wanted to come in and say wuts good?

P i think i told ya in the email, but remember Ames sat out last week with a bad back, Leaney WD with a bad wrist last week and also it will be interesting to see where Olazabels game is at. 5 Dimes should have some matchup with all of them.

Here goes..

headshot-135x95.jpg
(-120) over
headshot-135x95.jpg
( 72 holes)

Went back and looked at Geoff's past results. He seems to be a streaky player and follows up a good finish with another usually. Geoff finished T6 at Southern Hills and 4th last week at the Barclays. I usually wait for interviews and more news to come out, but I wanted to get this in, because I think the line might move..I saw this nugget after he finished up last week.
Q. Picking up from the PGA, do you feel like your game got even more solid this week?
GEOFF OGILVY: Yeah, it was better I think here than the PGA. I had a good finish at the PGA. But I think it was a little more solid here. Southern Hills, I really liked. It really suited me. Here, I've never played well at all.
For me to have a decent, top four or five on a course I've never really played well on must mean I'm playing pretty good.
Geoff has played well at TPC Boston finishing tied for 5th, in 5 rounds here he has only 1 round over par. I'm not gonna hit this one huge, just an average size bet to win 3 units.
Good Luck to us.:15_10_5:

headshot-135x95.jpg
(-120) over
headshot-135x95.jpg
( 72 holes)

More of a fade on Henrik, who has missed 4 out of his last 5 cuts on tour :hang:He was 134 out 137 in driving accuracy last week,117th in GIR and 113th with proximity to the hole ( not to mention his brutal putting stats as well)

headshot-135x95.jpg
(-110)
headshot-135x95.jpg
over ( 72 holes)
Yes, I know what Vijay's track record is here. One stat is all you need to know about Vijay, he was dead last by a whoppin 4 inches last week when it came to proximity to the hole. Sure he has a couple extra days to find his swing, but I don't think he is healthy, and I think the fact that he has 0 rounds under par his last 8 rounds might back that point

I think this one is my favorite play.. and its close to being one of those legendary 6* plays
fan2.gif

headshot-135x95.jpg
(-130)
headshot-135x95.jpg
over ( 72 holes)

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
headshot-135x95.jpg
(-110) over
headshot-135x95.jpg
( 72 holes)

Found this..
Back woes are back
He is trying to remain encouraged, but David Toms has issues with his back -- again. He sat out nearly two months last summer, and those two bad disks are acting up again. He was walking gingerly as he practice-putted and he hopes treatments will have him ready to go by Friday's first round. "I haven't had a problem all year," said Toms. "Talk about your bad timing." He missed just his second cut of the season at the Barclays and fell to 27th in the FedEx Cup standings.

Toms has struggled of late anyway.
All plays are to win 3 units :drinking:

Just a word of caution. Be careful when I bet on Pat Perez, Anthony Kim or Lucas Glover. :hang:haha Ask Jump.. I love those guys but they have cost me easily 30 units this year. :moose:

Check this out..
This is Kim's recent history..
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>/01/07</TD><TD>Shell Houston Open</TD><TD align=middle>T5</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>73</TD><TD align=middle>66</TD><TD align=middle>67</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>276</TD><TD align=middle>-12</TD><TD align=right>$200,750.00</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=top><TD>4/15/07</TD><TD>Verizon Heritage</TD><TD align=middle>T36</TD><TD align=middle>69</TD><TD align=middle>72</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>74</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>285</TD><TD align=middle>+1</TD><TD align=right>$23,793.75</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>4/22/07</TD><TD>Zurich Classic of New Orleans</TD><TD align=middle>T3</TD><TD align=middle>71</TD><TD align=middle>72</TD><TD align=middle>69</TD><TD align=middle>65</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>277</TD><TD align=middle>-11</TD><TD align=right>$353,800.00</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=top><TD>4/29/07</TD><TD>EDS Byron Nelson Championship</TD><TD align=middle>T51</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>66</TD><TD align=middle>77</TD><TD align=middle>67</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>280</TD><TD align=middle>E</TD><TD align=right>$15,025.50</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>5/06/07</TD><TD>Wachovia Championship</TD><TD align=middle>T5</TD><TD align=middle>72</TD><TD align=middle>69</TD><TD align=middle>69</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>280</TD><TD align=middle>-8</TD><TD align=right>$239,400.00</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=top><TD>5/13/07</TD><TD>THE PLAYERS Championship</TD><TD align=middle>CUT</TD><TD align=middle>78</TD><TD align=middle>83</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>161</TD><TD align=middle>+17</TD><TD align=right>--</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>5/27/07</TD><TD>Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial</TD><TD align=middle>T18</TD><TD align=middle>63</TD><TD align=middle>69</TD><TD align=middle>73</TD><TD align=middle>67</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>272</TD><TD align=middle>-8</TD><TD align=right>$75,600.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Take a guess what event I back him in.. Ill give ya a hint the one he came in dead last..

Now take a look at Pat perez..
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=top><TD>6/24/07</TD><TD>Travelers Championship</TD><TD align=middle>T36</TD><TD align=middle>69</TD><TD align=middle>68</TD><TD align=middle>66</TD><TD align=middle>76</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>279</TD><TD align=middle>-1</TD><TD align=right>$27,042.85</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>7/08/07</TD><TD>AT&T National</TD><TD align=middle>T3</TD><TD align=middle>71</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>69</TD><TD align=middle>67</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>277</TD><TD align=middle>-3</TD><TD align=right>$312,000.00</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=top><TD>7/15/07</TD><TD>John Deere Classic</TD><TD align=middle>CUT</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>72</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>142</TD><TD align=middle>E</TD><TD align=right>--</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>7/22/07</TD><TD>British Open Championship</TD><TD align=middle>T20</TD><TD align=middle>73</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>71</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>284</TD><TD align=middle>E</TD><TD align=right>$86,377.20</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=top><TD>7/29/07</TD><TD>Canadian Open presented by Franklin Templeton Investments</TD><TD align=middle>T10</TD><TD align=middle>68</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>66</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>274</TD><TD align=middle>-10</TD><TD align=right>$115,000.00</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>8/12/07</TD><TD>PGA Championship</TD><TD align=middle>T18</TD><TD align=middle>70</TD><TD align=middle>69</TD><TD align=middle>77</TD><TD align=middle>68</TD><TD align=middle>--</TD><TD align=middle>284</TD><TD align=middle>+4</TD><TD align=right>$81,600.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Yea you guessed it.. the John Deere.. A track he had a great history on, he all of a sudden plays like shit. Then regains his form the following week.

Be careful backing my Kim play :4_6_202v:

Just curious who are yalls favorite swings on tour. Obviously Tigers is fundamentally perfect, albeit not that great as far as tempo goes. My favorites are Els's old swing, Adam Scott, Carlos Franco, Hunter Mahan and Geoff Ogilvy.

Least favorites are Sabbotinis, Singh ( I hate when he leans after every shot)

I always dispised Duvals swing...

Elk's was always my favorite.

Yea Duvals swing has great tempo, he just doesnt keep his head still.

Interesting board so far, a lot of people are sayin this is a bombers course..To me it looks like the front 9 is a lot easier since everyone up top went off on 1

By the way i guess i was 1 week late on immelman I knew he was close. I didnt have the patience to back him for another week. Vaughn Taylor is starting to come around.

Amazing round by the big 3..
Toms withdraws..Ogilvy handles business, the kim curse continues so

2 - 1 +2.4 units Still 2 plays pending..A little frustrated was hoping for a 4 - 1 or 5 - 0 week, but we'll see how the last 2 shape up. :bong:

Just pathetic putting by furyk. I mentioned it at the beginning of the week, that way key.. but its been worst than expected. I think he is 70th out of 74 so far. Shocking for a guy who is known as a great putter.

Thats not much fun. Stenson of course blew up.. one lucky round by him cost me.
coach1.gif
Anyway, Angel has had 4 eagles in 3 rounds, thats tough to beat. Hoping to go 3 - 2 and take the couple of units onto Chicago and try at it again. :pillow:

Unfortunately Perry and Furyk are almost dead last in putting this week. Oh well, hopefully Vijay doesn't figure out the swing changes he has been working on. And as far as my pick to win this.. I'm gonna say it goes to a playoff and wetterich wins.

Furyk match gonna be close.. tied with 3 to go, has like a 6 footer for par on 16

I leave the house and Perry was 5 under through 7 holes on the round. Get back and he shoots 1 under! :down2:

3 - 1 +5.4 units
Looking like a + week.. but not what i was hoping for with my return to CTG

Stricker playing good in a 4th round again. huge after his major meltdowns this year in final round.

Weird about Paddy

Phil is back. Which will only make Tiger raise his quality of play. Gotta wonder how 4 or 5 weeks in a row will effect Phils play though. Not like he is in the best of shape. Maybe its Phils turquoise bag? It wasn't too long ago where Phil had a really good chance to win 3 straight majors. Definitely has the ability to compete with Eldrick.

Excellent Idea by the PGA tour.. put the tourney in the biggest markets.
New York, Boston, Chicago and Atlanta. The leaderboard is a thing of beauty. Gonna be some good stuff big Aristotle. Phil is just crunching his driver right now.
fan2.gif

I am sure he will wear down by tour championship but right now Stricker, Phil and Woods are hitting on all cylinders

Angel blowing up.. I need him to shoot like an 80 to push... Would have been nice if Perry didn't struggle on the back to at least make it interesting. Maybe he will take another 10 on a par 3. :cheers:

Yeah, Woods plays great in Boston and Chicago...I think Phils only final round pairing with a win against Eldrick was back in 2000 or 2001 tour championship at East Lake

Tell ya what...one thing that could have blown up in Tours face was weather this week with the Monday finish.

Next week is going to be sloppy..scattered showers in forecast for each day

I am sure he will wear down by tour championship but right now Stricker, Phil and Woods are hitting on all cylinders
If you wanna talk about choke jobs. Flesch is prime example #1. #70 on the fedex cup standings. Sitting in great position. Shoots 7 over today to finish dead last (for those making the cut) = :hang:

Bar you remember that pm i sent you about easy 4th rd matchups since some guys are out of it.. Look at beem today, exactly who we agreed upon

Wow Tiger was loookin like BAR after the second tier of games on saturday night.:box:

How is CHarles Howell still 12th? Check his results the last 4 months :36_11_6:

Damn Bones, how about giving Phil the right Stick. He pured that one.

Back