Doin this playoff football game thing, would love ppls input

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
Rules are:

Each team will consist of 12 players plus 2 flex players (one NFC & one AFC)

You must select ONE player from each of the 12 playoff teams (in other words you cannot pick two players from the same team) to construct a roster that looks like this:

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
1 K

You will keep this same roster for the duration of the playoffs and the team with the most points accrued wins.

On top of your original 12 players that can't be changed, you can choose ONE RB/WR/TE (no QB or Kicker) from the NFC and ONE from the AFC each week who you will put on your team for THAT WEEK ONLY.

Meaning, once you turn in your 12-man roster -- that is locked in for the entire playoffs. In addition to that, you get to pick one RB/WR/TE from the NFC & AFC who is not on your original roster each week. You can't pick the same player twice, so just as an example if you picked DeMarco Murray (NFC) & A.J. Green (AFC) as your flex players for the first round (hypothetically), you can't pick those players again for the rest of the playoffs.

SCORING SYSTEM (stats will be taken from the box score on NFL.com):

Offense:
Quarterbacks (QB), Running Backs (RB), Wide Receivers (WR), Tight Ends (TE)
6 pts per passing, rushing or receiving TD
6 pts for player returning or recovering a fumble for TD
2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving 2 pt conversion (note: teams do not receive points
for yardage gained during the conversion)
1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
1 pt per 25 yards passing
1 pt per reception

Kickers (K)
3 pts per FG made
1 pt per Extra Point made

What im thinkin:

QB Ben
QB Rodgers
RB Anderson
RB Lynch
RB Murray
RB Hill
WR Hilton
WR Torry
WR Megatron
WR Benjamin
TE Gronk
K Cantrazarro

FLEX: Dez, JStew

thoughts?

Also if anybody wants in let me know and I can try to hook it up. This is run by a guy on Twitter. $25 entry

2 panthers this week may be bad. The reason I thought Stewart is because he's a guy I will not need to save

so your locked in with your team... does it include the superbowl? not sure if i read that?

I would start with who do you think will be in the afc and nfc champ games?
Which wild card weekend team do you think has a chance to get there? (They play an extra game so more points)
Like Ben to put up numbers in his game but think Ravens win,, Flacco can put up big numbers and Pitts defense stinks...
Also like Luck and Indy and the obvious Rogers (but 1 less game), but if either wild card loses your F'd..

Aj hurt with concussion,,,Ty hilton for indy?
With the flex option week to week lots of options here...

Interesting concept. Do u know the guy running it ? If not I would be interested in doing this with guys here at CTG that I know and trust...guys could paypal the GTC account their $25 fee before Saturday's first game.

Anyone interested ?

LMAO CASHMAN just noticed your new avy...that's great.

My team is not locked in I just posted what I was thinking and wanted to get feedback from people. Thanks to those who replied and keep the opinions comin!!

Interesting concept. Do u know the guy running it ? If not I would be interested in doing this with guys here at CTG that I know and trust...guys could paypal the GTC account their $25 fee before Saturday's first game.

Anyone interested ?

LMAO CASHMAN just noticed your new avy...that's great.

I don't know him personally but he is well-known on Twitter and I am fairly certain money is safe with him. If you want to run one here though that's great

so your locked in with your team... does it include the superbowl? not sure if i read that?

I would start with who do you think will be in the afc and nfc champ games?
Which wild card weekend team do you think has a chance to get there? (They play an extra game so more points)
Like Ben to put up numbers in his game but think Ravens win,, Flacco can put up big numbers and Pitts defense stinks...
Also like Luck and Indy and the obvious Rogers (but 1 less game), but if either wild card loses your F'd..

Aj hurt with concussion,,,Ty hilton for indy?
With the flex option week to week lots of options here...

Real good thoughts. I think Pittsburgh could actually beat anybody. I do think your quarterback should be on a team that you think is going all the way, at least one of them. Baltimore secondary sucks though and I think ben throws for days with bell out

I will gladly do the scoring if people are interested in doing one of these here at CTG.

I've been in these in the past (one player per team), and you can set em up on Yahoo so it'll do the scoring for you. I'd be interested in it.

I'm in one already where there are no limits per team, so you can pick everyone from one team if you'd like. If anyone wants in on that one, I can PM the link, or just post it in here. That one is $20 and a buddy of mine is running it, so the money is safe.

I've been in these in the past (one player per team), and you can set em up on Yahoo so it'll do the scoring for you. I'd be interested in it.

I'm in one already where there are no limits per team, so you can pick everyone from one team if you'd like. If anyone wants in on that one, I can PM the link, or just post it in here. That one is $20 and a buddy of mine is running it, so the money is safe.

:stripper:

Gronk is the obvious pick, Pats don't have an elite RB or WR

I would probably take Ben at QB, I personally think they win next week, so you are getting at least 2 games out of the QB decision possibly more. Looking at the other QBs someone is only getting max 2 games out of Brady or Peyton and Rodgers or Russ, if you can get a Wild card weekend QB in to the Championship weekend or Super Bowl you have a huge advantage in points

2nd QB would probably be Rodgers just due to ceiling, only other NFC guy I think hurts you is Romo, if Seahawks make the SB I dont think its with Russ putting up huge numbers

I wouldn't go 2 panthers, even replaceable

id take Stewart and swap in Sanders or Demaryius for Anderson and Kelvin

then for the flex guy this week Id realistically want to pick 2 teams I think lose so I dont use up guys

I would take a Raven for sure because that could be high scoring (Steve Smith or Forsett) and then either a Bengal (Green or Hill) or a Lion (Bell)

I wouldn't go 2 panthers, even replaceable

id take Stewart and swap in Sanders or Demaryius for Anderson and Kelvin

then for the flex guy this week Id realistically want to pick 2 teams I think lose so I dont use up guys

I would take a Raven for sure because that could be high scoring (Steve Smith or Forsett) and then either a Bengal (Green or Hill) or a Lion (Bell)

I feel like everybody is going to take a Broncos receiver and I feel like this is my chance to gain points on people because they have become such a running team. Seriously in the last three weeks it's been all Anderson.

ya I would wait and use Anderson as a flex guy in week 2

I just dont see Cam being ablt to pass a lot to Benjamin next week with Patrick Patterson on him

it ended up being a blowout vs ATL but he only threw 16x and that was with only like 4 in the 1st quarter, their plan is to run it IMO

I would change my mind on the flex spot actually

especially if Ben is my QB

I would take a steeler, AB this week, and then LB in week 2 if they make it

i wouldnt go near any players on carolina or arizona,, too much risk.. little reward...

i think Pitt's defense is bad, yes ravens secondary is bad but their d-line is still pretty good and flacco has the weapons... that game could be a shootout, i like the ravens to win that game (think pitt shot its load vs cinci and bell being out is big, even if he does play a little)
so then you are seeing either cinci, indy or ravens coming to gilllete and the other to Denver...

Wilson to me is always interesting (points wise) do they just run the ball, but then he runs and always seems to find a deep pass..
Rogers could be facing Dallas's D and romo GB's D - dez, jordy? -- everyone will have murray and lynch... so its really a wash there...
I like the thought that has to go into this.. something a little different..

Cash I have to pick one player from each team. That's why I picked the kicker for Arizona because I feel like that will be the best way to not let their lack of offense kill me

Cash I have to pick one player from each team. That's why I picked the kicker for Arizona because I feel like that will be the best way to not let their lack of offense kill me

ok - didnt see that .. my bad..and i think i only glanced at your picks..- i need to pay attention...
i like the R.B. anderson pick, for both rush and receiving...
as a flex and maybe the matchup, i would look at doug baldwin he mightbe able to get you some points,, wilson has to throw at some point

Went with

QB Rothlisberger
QB Rodgers
RB CJ Anderson
RB Lynch
RB Murray
RB J Hill
WR Hilton
WR Megatron
WR Benjamin
WR Torry Smith
TE Gronk