Does Iowa State go 0-11 ?

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
Iowa play 11 d1 schools this year and will not be participating in a bowl due to suckage. There are a lot of folks that really like the kent state side of the opening game at Ames, Iowa august 30. This game is by far their easiest on the schedule.

kent st ?????
iowa loss
at toledo kent in ames < toledo in glass bowl
at nebraska loss
at texas tech loss
texas loss (does brown have mercy on Xassistant ?)
oklahoma loss
at missouri loss
kansas st likely loss
colorado likely loss
at kansas likely loss

if isu doesnt win the game at home to kent ...... odds they lose them all ? :prayer

def. a chance. A buddy of mine was asking me about this today. He agreed, saying he thinks they lose them all.

No they got Brett Meyer and Blythe. They could beat Colorado, Kent St, maybe Toledo

Meyer and Blythe are two overrated players. Blythe should be better now that he's fully healthy. Meyer just isn't that good.

I dont think Iowa State goes ofer this year. Meyer and Blythe are both 3 year letter winners and Blythe is probably a NFL draft pick. This offense will have an advantge in the first couple of games cause no one knows what the hell they are gonna do. After that it will be up to the O line to keep the offense on the field. Defense is def. the strength of the team. WLB Bowen is a tackling machine and possibly a 2nd rd. DP. The biggest ? on def. is the CB positions but there is talent at FS & SS.

I have colorado as a 4 point favorite over kent if they were to play on a neutral field. I think they have a legitimate chance to win the following games ... kent,at toledo, k state, colorado, and at kansas. However, I also think that of those 5 contests that kent is by far the easiest spot. Besides being the easiest team that they play (i am throwing out the D2 game), it is the easiest spot .... that is to say three of their winnable games all come after what is likely a five game losing streak ( quitting happens in college) and the other a road game to a tougher MAC team. It makes me kind of leery about taking kent in this game for some reason. Curious ..... ISU fans ... why did you get rid of McCarney ?????? Seems like he was doing an incredible job for the cyclones to me. shrug.

I wanted to fire him after the 05 season when the team pissed away home game against BU (might be BU 1st B12 Road win ever) and At KU to win B12 N title.The MU game that year was a total fucking disaster, O gives up 2 TO for TD and we are down 14-0. We rally to take a 24-14 lead w/9 min to go and lose it OT after we knocked Brad Smith out of the game. Last year was supposed to be a better team blythe and meyer back with a Sr. O-line and the O never got rolling. Play calling became predictable and the young D was asked to do too much. Add in a new AD who wants to get his own guy naturally and it was too much for DM to survive. I always liked Dan the guy but he was never able to replace OC Loney after he left.

Iowa St Team Total O/U just posted at The Greek.

It is 4 with the under at -135. Just figured I'd post just in case you are interested.

Thanks Dmoney ..... have to give that a serious look. i dont have the D2 game listed above which is a sure win.... the only sure win on the schedule as i see it. would have to win 4 of 5 or remaining winnables to cover the 4 but they could possibly be 3-1 after the first 4 if they can handle the D2 and two mac teams .... i wouldnt want to be sweating the rest of the year for an 0-fer. It's likely a no bet for me..... starting to like the iowa state side a bit over the kent side the more i have looked into the game though i doubt i will bet that either.

i dont have the D2 game listed above which is a sure win.... the only sure win on the schedule as i see it.

maybe this wasnt a sure win and the 0fer possibility is looking more probble with each game i see them play. Do they win at toledo ?

Back