Does anyone know what Bowl games Arizona could get invited to?

S

scourge

Is there anyone who knows? The whole thing is pretty much weird scirence to me and I haven't been able to find a real clear layout of how a team gets to a certain bowl.

we are currently

6-5, 4-4 in Pac 10 play and we're ranked 5th in the Pac 10 since we beat Oregon and lost to UCLA. (All 3 are 4-4 in Pac 10 play)

Zona's beaten 2 ranked teams this year, @ Washington State (25) and Cal (8) and the game @ Oregon as +14 dogs.

Any ideas?

scourge said:
Is there anyone who knows? The whole thing is pretty much weird scirence to me and I haven't been able to find a real clear layout of how a team gets to a certain bowl.

we are currently

6-5, 4-4 in Pac 10 play and we're ranked 5th in the Pac 10 since we beat Oregon and lost to UCLA. (All 3 are 4-4 in Pac 10 play)

Zona's beaten 2 ranked teams this year, @ Washington State (25) and Cal (8) and the game @ Oregon as +14 dogs.

Any ideas?

Scourge
Here are the Pac-10 bowl tie-ins

Las Vegas Bowl
Poinsetta bowl
Sun
Emerald
Holiday(not likely to go)
Rose or other BCS bowl

It will probably be between the Las Vegas or Poinsetta. I'm sure someone close by will want them because of the short distance to travel.
Do you live in Tucson or are you and Alum? I'm considering a job offer there because I'm sick of freezing my balls off in Wisconsin. What's it like there?

trainwreck42 said:
Scourge
Here are the Pac-10 bowl tie-ins

Las Vegas Bowl
Poinsetta bowl
Sun
Emerald
Holiday(not likely to go)
Rose or other BCS bowl

It will probably be between the Las Vegas or Poinsetta. I'm sure someone close by will want them because of the short distance to travel.
Do you live in Tucson or are you and Alum? I'm considering a job offer there because I'm sick of freezing my balls off in Wisconsin. What's it like there?

I'm an alumni. And Tucson is great for a variety of reasons. If you like warm weather and a relaxed atmsophere then Tucson is perfect. Driving around can be annoying sometimes but I'd say its worth a trip out there to check it out. You could love it or hate it but its best to see for yourself.

The Las Vegas and Poinsetta look to be the most likely chances for us.

scourge said:
I'm an alumni. And Tucson is great for a variety of reasons. If you like warm weather and a relaxed atmsophere then Tucson is perfect. Driving around can be annoying sometimes but I'd say its worth a trip out there to check it out. You could love it or hate it but its best to see for yourself.

The Las Vegas and Poinsetta look to be the most likely chances for us.

Driving around is a bitch in any city. Hopefully they'll pay to send me out in a couple weeks. Thanks for the info.

BYU is going to the Vegas bowl.. They wouldn't rematch two teams that already played this yr would they?

I'm a student there (Scrouge already knows) but I would say that you should DEF. check it out trainwreck42

I actually have an English teacher who just arrived out here from Wisconsin. He was teaching at the U of Wisky...he loves it. I'm from RI originally and coming out here was the toughest decision so far in my life, but easily the best.

But back to the topic...

Yes Scrouge, we have a chance at those bowls mentioned...I really hope we don't go to the Las Vegas bowl and play BYU again...my friend is telling me it's likely we'll end up in the Emerald Bowl (I believe that's the one) and play the Florida State Seminoles...which sucks because I grew up a die-hard FSU fan...

That game would be exciting to see though...

I'll post in here a little later when I look the info up again

WE'RE GOING BOWLING!!! :smiley_acbe:'an_horse'

Yeah Gav, if we beat ASU and USC and Oregon St. win we will most likely go to the Las Vegas Bowl or the Emerald Bowl. Possibly the Motor City Bowl as an at large.

Playing at SBC would be sick its a great park and plus since im from the area i could possibly go to the game :wacka wacka:

I don't think they would put us in a rematch against BYU though so Im thinking the Motor City or Emerald.

Arizona is most likely going to the Emerald Bowl to face Florida State. See the CFN Bowl Projection thread.

BYU is most likely going to face Oregon in the Las Vegas Bowl.

everythingthatsgreen said:
BYU is going to the Vegas bowl.. They wouldn't rematch two teams that already played this yr would they?

Your right they wouldn't have a rematch. Forgot the MWC champ goes to Las Vegas Bowl

Back