Divisional Round: Rams vs Packers Discussion Thread

I do think regardless of no crowd packers still hold the biggest HFA due to footing and the cold. As I mentioned I thought the packers draft most ppl didn’t like (well namely the 1st round pick of love was stupid) but they did go and draft Dillan who really showed up big in that titans game, a road grader lineman, and a tight end. I think they absolutely brought more physicality to the offensive side of the ball and think it was a direct result of getting manhandled twice by niners last year. I truly believe they fixed those problems on the offensive side in particular and I thought it showed in the Sunday night game vs titans., I think the packers pass d is very strong so they should be able to dedicate more to stopping the rams run game. Imo this a total mismatch assuming Donald not 100% which there no way he can be!!

Expect the unexpected, though, right? So Rams ML? Because that would totally be unexpected.

I do think regardless of no crowd packers still hold the biggest HFA due to footing and the cold. As I mentioned I thought the packers draft most ppl didn’t like (well namely the 1st round pick of love was stupid) but they did go and draft Dillan who really showed up big in that titans game, a road grader lineman, and a tight end. I think they absolutely brought more physicality to the offensive side of the ball and think it was a direct result of getting manhandled twice by niners last year. I truly believe they fixed those problems on the offensive side in particular and I thought it showed in the Sunday night game vs titans., I think the packers pass d is very strong so they should be able to dedicate more to stopping the rams run game. Imo this a total mismatch assuming Donald not 100% which there no way he can be!!
You mentioned the oline of the Packers. They're missing some pieces aren't they? Their top LT is out. A couple others are just recently out. Can you clarify the original starting oline for the Packers and who they're missing? I'm not familiar with them. Thx!

I can't lay chalk vs the top defense in the game against a team missing their best o lineman and then some. GB has looked amazing but that tends to happen when you have one of the lowest SOS. I think the Rams have the advantage in coaching, total defense and running game. Obv GB has the advantage @ qb. Donald is banged up but he's a monster- wouldn't be surprised to see him go off today. Trusting Goff to go into Lambeau and pull off an upset seems like a losing proposition as well, but I think the Rams are better than 7 pts.

I can't lay chalk vs the top defense in the game against a team missing their best o lineman and then some. GB has looked amazing but that tends to happen when you have one of the lowest SOS. I think the Rams have the advantage in coaching, total defense and running game. Obv GB has the advantage @ qb. Donald is banged up but he's a monster- wouldn't be surprised to see him go off today. Trusting Goff to go into Lambeau and pull off an upset seems like a losing proposition as well, but I think the Rams are better than 7 pts.
I think this can come down to, what can the Rams offense do vs the Packers D? Can Goof sustain drives to keep ARod on the sidelines?

Seattle rush D gave up average 3.9 and mostly Cam at over 130 beat them the fuck up with a long of 20 with Browns fresh legs adding another 30.
GB rush D giving up 4.5 should pose a problem and open the play book for a lets call it 60% Goff. The weather looks just cold tonight. Not windy, no precipitation. Call me crazy but I see 60 points scored in this game. I like the rams 1H TT over 9.5 at 20 cent juice probably too much. IMO the rams have too many weapons even with the streaky banged up QB. I honestly think Bortles could put up 10 on this packers D,

I agree completely Wise, which is why I like GB. I like Rams run game but I think GB can stack the box and force Goff and his bad thumb to throw. GB’s defense has been better than expected (top 10 overall) and about avg against the run. GB’s yds per rush are not great but better than last season (4.9) and I don’t think this Rams team is nearly as good as the San Francisco team they had to go on the road to play last season. Playing a divisional foe like Seattle helped LAR a ton. Different animal here.

It’s a mistake to compare Seattle’s defensive stats to GB. Seattle was 30th in the league against the pass so teams did not try to run against them. Hell, Buffalo put up 44 pts against Sea and averaged <2 yards per carry. GB is 7th against the pass and at home they are 1st (yes, even above the Rams).

I heard an interesting take on Bill Simmons’ podcast the other day....perhaps McVay will use Ramsey to shut down MVS and then use Hill and Williams to double team Adams. Makes sense when I think about it.

I think that makes a ton of sense cause adams does something very few if any other wrs do. He doesn’t use his hands at all, it all footwork! Adana doesn’t want anyone to get their hands on him and his footwork and route running do a great job preventing it! I have no doubt Ramsey would take away Valdez-scanting or Lazard then bracket adams on other side. That best plan I have heard., I think tonyan will have to transform himself into a kelce type weapon! He obviously not tonyan, I’m not sure if him and Rodgers on that kind of wave length? He could really be a weapon to move the chains tho!!

anyone got some good prop bets. Need some action and fun for this one

im not looking at prop market but I’ll tell ya the guys I’m looking to pop in dfs. I like tonyan to catch a td and go over everything, catches, yards, whatever. I like Akers to score and go over everything as well. Think I like Lazard over Valdez scantling

with Kupp out Bobby Trees over 5.5 receptions +120 seems enticing. Like Cam Akers anytime TD too. but thanks

If Green Bays offense attacks the Rams D like the Jets did by exploiting the MLBs trying to cover TE's, they might score on every possession. This will open up the running game. Still need to see injury report and weather.
Was hoping Nostradomus was wrong here.

Back