Divisional Round Playoff Discussion

i'm a homer but think the pats handle the chiefs pretty easily....yes the pats finished the season poorly but the only game they were out played all year or at least were out of was the miami game and they obviously did not care one bit if they won that game....prior to that game they played in several games that they were very injured in and didn't look great but were still in those games till the end....prior to the injuries they were clearly the very best team in the league with only zona and caro in the same class....conversely kc is riding an 11 game win streak but really didn't play anyone during that run....kudos to kc for the run but if macklin is out how are they going to score against the pats d with everyone back....when they were healthy they were very tough to score against....total has dropped 5-6 since the open so someone thinks someone isn't going to score...edelman is full strength,amendola is tough as nails,gronk is a beast,we could give a shit about running the ball...hightower,collins,nickovich,chandler will chase smith down (he's very quick but we will have a spy on him all game) (collins or nikko)....pats should get back to scoring 30 points and kc will be held to 3 scores......31-13 type game

I'm a homer also, hope you're right but don't think you are. Granted the unexpected often happens & everyone expects a 3-7 point game so who knows. Public perception is that Pats pull things out of their asses & Bill reaches into his bag of tricks & find a way to win going away. His trickery has been horseshit the latter part of the season. I'm skeptical to say the least.

And how has this total dropped 5-6 points? I've seen it at 42 on Bovada all week, not sure there was ever a 47 anywhere.

Pacman said he was faking the injury..

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
Steelers ruled out WR Antonio Brown for Sunday's game vs. Denver.
186 retweets71 likes
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Retweet
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">

</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More
</button>

Brown out, crazy. Now just need to get a better idea on Big Ben.

Anyone have anything on Edleman? I know he's playing, but any reports on how he has looked or how close to full strength he will be?

Who really knows what any of these injury reports mean when it comes to Belichek and the Pats, especially this time of the year. On one hand you hear that Gronk was in the hospital getting treatment for his knee. On the other hand you hear there's nothing to it.

I'm a homer also, hope you're right but don't think you are. Granted the unexpected often happens & everyone expects a 3-7 point game so who knows. Public perception is that Pats pull things out of their asses & Bill reaches into his bag of tricks & find a way to win going away. His trickery has been horseshit the latter part of the season. I'm skeptical to say the least.

And how has this total dropped 5-6 points? I've seen it at 42 on Bovada all week, not sure there was ever a 47 anywhere.

Zeke,

you are correct,I was wrong, total opened at 45.5 and quickly got bet to 41.5 and settled at 42 so not the drop that i stated above....old guy memory again...i am not super confident in my analysis but looking at kc strength of schedule and figuring in all the hype of an 11 game win streak against weak opponents and the short memorys of those who forget just how dominant the pats were before the injuries leads me to believe that this is a bit of a mismatch....could very well be wishful thinking on my part....

Good luck to our pats

for whatever it's worth Gronk was not right in the Miami game....in the second half of that game he was hobbled because of something...the announcers did not say anything but you could tell he was not quite right....regardless he will play and if nothing else he is will be a great decoy and he is an excellent blocker....from everything I have heard about edelman he is nearly 100% and raring to go....his condition is as good as it gets so I am not worried about him....gronk more of a concern as well as hightower and vollmer

If gronk isnt 100% pats are in real trouble he can not be a decoy pats offense has shown what it can do woth gronk n without gronk n gronk just tryin to be a decoy n that doesnt work.. Edelmann hasnt played in how long? Has special shoe to keep foot in tact i find it hard that he comes out blazing....Pats o line is still an issue n i expect KC to be able to get after Brady.. See a low scoring game 23-17 ish not shocked at either side winning.. But only blow out i see this weekend is Zona I think GB is alll smoke n mirrors

I waited.. But you can analyze this one as a fan or as a handicapper

i'm a homer but think the pats handle the chiefs pretty easily....yes the pats finished the season poorly but the only game they were out played all year or at least were out of was the miami game and they obviously did not care one bit if they won that game

If they did not care, Tom Brady would not have been in the game. Keep holding on to this argument. They cared. Their vanilla plan backfired.

....prior to that game they played in several games that they were very injured in and didn't look great but were still in those games till the end

2-4 last 6. Win vs. Houston, check the offensive stats. Awful. Injuries or not, there is no evidence that the team you saw in Week 1 will be out there tomorrow. Lest we forget how important Dion Lewis was.

.......prior to the injuries they were clearly the very best team in the league with only zona and caro in the same class.

said every good team ever who had injuries. Shit happens. No relation to this game

..........conversely kc is riding an 11 game win streak but really didn't play anyone during that run....kudos to kc for the run but if macklin is out how are they going to score against the pats d with everyone back.

How many teams had an 11 game win streak this year? Two. One of those (Carolina) had the easiest schedule in the league. They beat the teams in front of them. Did anyone else? No. And while we are at it. Let's check the SOS for KC vs. NE... Not even close. They played 8 games against the AFC South and NFC East. Give me a break. As for Maclin? They said the same about Jamaal Charles. How ever will the Chiefs score? They proceeded to become the #1 rushing attack in the league and scored 30 5 times and 29 once. They will score enough with short passing and running down NE's throat.

..........pats should get back to scoring 30 points and kc will be held to 3 scores......31-13 type game

I truly do not know (without D or ST TDs) how NE would score 30.

And why is that....

- A number of guys returning untested from injury
- Where does NE get the majority of their passing yards? Between the numbers. Since Week 7, between the numbers, KC- 3 TD's 18 Interceptions... Not a misprint
- NE O-Line.. Serious issues here against a pass rush that has 6 different guys with at least 4 sacks.
- Every site that uses advanced stats/metrics (538, Football Outsiders, Sagarin) indicates that the Chiefs are actually the BETTER team.
- The same metrics indicate that the KC offense is as efficient as New England's (but but but. Alex Smith can't throw, etc..)
- See earlier stats about teams coming off road win in Round 1
- Since 2002, team with better strength of schedule has covered 73% of the time in the playoffs. When there is a disparity of more than 10 spots in traditional SOS (Chiefs 6, NE 19), it becomes 85% cover and 23-4 SU

Why New England can and should win?
- Tom Brady
- Bill Belichick
- Gilette Stadium

I have been listening to sports talk up here just to punish myself for a week. Until Gronk has had some issues, it was essentially the Pats are going to show up and breeze to a win. They are the home team with quite the pedigree. They should win this game. I do not see them covering this game. This, to me is the de facto AFC Championship game.

GL to all and sorry for long post and long quotes

Good stuff Cap.....for my money the biggest factor in the game is NE pass protection vs KC pass rush, big edge KC imo. BOL

But only blow out i see this weekend is Zona I think GB is alll smoke n mirrors

Here. GB getting waayyy too much credit for beating a mediocre Skins team. Not going to diminish the importance of Mathieu, but there's not that much that's changed since the 38-8 pasting.

I waited.. But you can analyze this one as a fan or as a handicapper

If they did not care, Tom Brady would not have been in the game. Keep holding on to this argument. They cared. Their vanilla plan backfired.

2-4 last 6. Win vs. Houston, check the offensive stats. Awful. Injuries or not, there is no evidence that the team you saw in Week 1 will be out there tomorrow. Lest we forget how important Dion Lewis was.

said every good team ever who had injuries. Shit happens. No relation to this game

How many teams had an 11 game win streak this year? Two. One of those (Carolina) had the easiest schedule in the league. They beat the teams in front of them. Did anyone else? No. And while we are at it. Let's check the SOS for KC vs. NE... Not even close. They played 8 games against the AFC South and NFC East. Give me a break. As for Maclin? They said the same about Jamaal Charles. How ever will the Chiefs score? They proceeded to become the #1 rushing attack in the league and scored 30 5 times and 29 once. They will score enough with short passing and running down NE's throat.

I truly do not know (without D or ST TDs) how NE would score 30.

And why is that....

- A number of guys returning untested from injury
- Where does NE get the majority of their passing yards? Between the numbers. Since Week 7, between the numbers, KC- 3 TD's 18 Interceptions... Not a misprint
- NE O-Line.. Serious issues here against a pass rush that has 6 different guys with at least 4 sacks.
- Every site that uses advanced stats/metrics (538, Football Outsiders, Sagarin) indicates that the Chiefs are actually the BETTER team.
- The same metrics indicate that the KC offense is as efficient as New England's (but but but. Alex Smith can't throw, etc..)
- See earlier stats about teams coming off road win in Round 1
- Since 2002, team with better strength of schedule has covered 73% of the time in the playoffs. When there is a disparity of more than 10 spots in traditional SOS (Chiefs 6, NE 19), it becomes 85% cover and 23-4 SU

Why New England can and should win?
- Tom Brady
- Bill Belichick
- Gilette Stadium

I have been listening to sports talk up here just to punish myself for a week. Until Gronk has had some issues, it was essentially the Pats are going to show up and breeze to a win. They are the home team with quite the pedigree. They should win this game. I do not see them covering this game. This, to me is the de facto AFC Championship game.

GL to all and sorry for long post and long quotes

Solid points all Cap....Most likely it's the homer in me trying to make a case for my team....may have to be a little more conservative at the window ha ha...good luck and as always appreciate the solid points

Good stuff Cap.....for my money the biggest factor in the game is NE pass protection vs KC pass rush, big edge KC imo. BOL

totally agree play....if Tom gets time we probably win and if he is pressured it's going to be tough to win

Like most Pats games I expect to not remember half of it.

Good stuff Cap. The thing I agree with most is punishing yourself listening to those douchebags on WEEI or the Sports Hub. Glenn Ordway is the biggest homer blowhard on the radio. Those stations are the reason I bought a snap-in Sirius XM Radio. I'll take the nation-wide hatred for the Pats on NFL radio because at least it comes with unbiased insight from the hosts.

Brady is going to get it out quick. Going to be Chiefs secondary/LB's against the Pats pass catchers that make the game. Need to play well and not commit penalties. Can't wait to see how it shakes out. And Chiefs need 7 when they get in the red zone....3's won't cut it this weekend.

Could have seen it wrong but chiefs team total went from 17.5 to 20, yet the line went up to +5

Total jumped from 42 to 43.5 at 5D thats probably why.....been contemplating my "emotional hedge" bet and was leaning NE ML now thinking KC Under 20 for a unit.

This is the lowest pats TT at home I can remember in a very long time. Saw it at 24 earlier now it's 24.5

What's the best way to bet on my hunch that carson Palmer has a monster performance? Props or TT? Both?

His story is awesome. You know he's just itching to prove himself to the world. I really don't think the cardinals are seen as a true contender on a national level. Maybe I'm wrong? Talent wise they're the best team in the playoffs and it's not close in my eyes.

Chiefs gave up a ton of sacks this year.....Reid and Smith want to get it out quick just like NE. Agree the not talked about as much item is that NE defense is very good as well and look to be getting healthy. I worry just as much about KC moving the ball as I do them stopping Brady.

Yeah I wouldn't look too much into the pats past 2 games. They were missing so many key players on defense.

My local is not showing this prop for the Zona game but it's on 5dimes and I took it

Longest TD over 46.5 yards +110

I think it says a great deal that it is expected that Maclin won't play and the line has only moved about a half point. On the strip its still 4.5 at a bunch of spots.

Be that as it may, no need to watch the game. Every single person in the Twitterverse has declared NE the winner :clappy:

Fucking Andy Reid honestly thinks we were running a hurry up offense on that last drive lol. Read a great tweet that said "Andy Reid is like your best friend that does a million great things for you then fucks up the biggest thing possible."

Fucking Andy Reid honestly thinks we were running a hurry up offense on that last drive lol. Read a great tweet that said "Andy Reid is like your best friend that does a million great things for you then fucks up the biggest thing possible."

some of the worst time management ive seen in both games yesterday.... difference was Green Bay has Rodgers.

Demaryius Thomas' mom to see him play for first time

When Demaryius Thomas takes the field Sunday afternoon, his biggest fan will be in the stadium for the first time in his NFL career.
Katrina Stuckey Smith, D.T.'s mother, will be watching Thomas play in-person for the first time ever, the Denver Post's Woody Paige reported Sunday.

Smith was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2000 on a drug trafficking charge. She's spent her son's entire professional career rooting him on from federal prison in Tallahassee, Florida.
In July, President Barack Obama commuted the sentences of 46 federal prisoners, including Smith. She was released to a halfway house on Nov. 10, but couldn't travel for 60 days. The Broncos earning a first-round bye helped provide the perfect opportunity for her first trip to Denver this weekend. The visit was initially held up because Smith is not permitted to be in a drug environment -- Colorado has legalized marijuana -- but her parole officer allowed the trip.

Smith's visit was speculated all week.
"Yeah, she can travel now, so we're working on that," Thomas said after Wednesday's practice, via ESPN.com. "It would mean a lot. It would be her first game. I would be excited. I know she'll be excited. It would mean to see her first game live."
If Thomas scores a touchdown Sunday, you can bet that football is going to his mother. It would be the perfect present for her first game with her Pro Bowl son.

Everyone loving Caro but damn... don't like Lang on Seattle.

Similiar to 2014 when Niners played in an ice bowl, barely won, and then traveled to Lina. Went wire to wire and dominated.

Back