Discussion - Tuesday Games (Bowling Green at Akron & Toledo at Kent State)

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
What do you like and why?

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: time"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]8:00 PM EST
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]101 BOWLING GREEN[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]56[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]59 / 58 / 57.5[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]58[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+215[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]102 AKRON[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-6.5 / -6.5 -15 / -7 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-6.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-260[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]BGN-QB-Matt Johnson-OUT | AKR-QB-Kyle Pohl-Probable | TV: ESPN2, DTV: 209 | MOSTLY CLOUDY, 70% CHANCE SHOWERS. SOUTHWEST WIND 8-13. GAME TEMP 52, RH 74%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Team Totals:
Bowling Green 25.5
Akron 32.5

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: time"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]8:00 PM EST
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]103 TOLEDO
[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-12.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-13 / -13.5 -15 / -14 [/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-13.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-550[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]104 KENT STATE
[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]55[/TD]
[TD="class: line"][/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]55[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+430[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]TOL-QB-Phillip Ely-OUT | TV: ESPNU, DTV: 208 | MOSTLY CLOUDY, 70% CHANCE SHOWERS. SOUTHWEST WIND 8-13. GAME TEMP 52, RH 74%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Team Totals:
Toledo 34.5
Kent St 20.5

In the Bowling Green/Akron game my favorite wager is Bowling Green O26 (5Dimes up to 26.5). They've put up some points on some solid defenses this year and the only two games they haven't gotten over 26 was against Wisconsin where they got 17 and actually outplayed Wisconsin for awhile and against Western Michigan in their last game which was over two weeks ago (some concerns they'll be rusting, hence no 1H wager). Looks like there will be a 12-15mph wind most of the night and rain later or just after the game. Potential concern down the stretch. I'm also going to buy a half point and take the +7 if it doesn't get back to that prior to kickoff. I think BG offense is much better and can put up some points while I don't have a ton of faith in Akron offense (even with BG defense being so bad).

Wagers
$250 Bowling Green O26
$100 Bowling Green +7 -120 (pending)
$50 Bowling Green ML +215 (pending)

$100 Bowling Green +7 -120 (pending)
$50 Bowling Green ML +215 (pending)

So much for that. Bowling Green is +5 or +4.5 at most places now and ML is in the 170 range. What I get for offering some b.s. fantasy trades instead of watching the numbers. Bowling Green team total still my favorite and still available at 26.5 just about everywhere.

$150 Toledo O35 -110

Toledo averaging 35 points a game while Kent St is giving up 29.4. Would play for more but those numbers are a bit skewed. Toledo has only scored over 35 points twice this season against UMass (42) and Central Michigan (42). Everything else has been in 20-34 points. Not a blow a team out offense, but a team that gets the job and I could see only getting 27-31 tonight. The 29.4 that Kent St is giving up has a lot to do with Ohio St hanging 66 on them and Virginia 45. Kent St has only given up 24 or more points in three if their seven games. The other game where Kent St gave up more than 24 points was in a 40-17 loss to UMass a team Toledo beat on 10/25 by a score of 42-35.

Basically think this is going to be one of those games right around the total/ats. With as weak as Toledo's defense is (33.6/ppg) I won't lay the points and I don't trust Kent St offense at 14.1ppg I think the Toledo TT is the best option in this match-up.

Just checked the radar, looks like both games will have rain, Akron first...

Back